Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League One striker? 18:01 - Jul 6 with 10200 viewsChaffRAFC

We're supposedly in for a League One striker according to the Observer. Any ideas as to who it might be?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

League One striker? on 15:47 - Jul 9 with 1847 viewsleedsdale

Not in L1 but I can't be bothered to start a new thread, David Ball is still available

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/mobile/football/18766844

If only we could afford the wages (as long as he played like he did in the first spell with us)
League One striker? on 15:57 - Jul 9 with 1784 viewslurker

League One striker? on 15:47 - Jul 9 by leedsdale

Not in L1 but I can't be bothered to start a new thread, David Ball is still available

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/mobile/football/18766844

If only we could afford the wages (as long as he played like he did in the first spell with us)

Fleetwood are interested, so count us out

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/fleetwood-town/fleetwood-in-100
League One striker? on 16:29 - Jul 9 with 1711 viewselectricblue

Fleetwood are trying to upstage blackpool..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

League One striker? on 19:56 - Jul 9 with 1484 viewsShun

David Ball would be a great signing at this level. Highly unlikely though.
League One striker? on 19:59 - Jul 9 with 1476 views442Dale

League One striker? on 19:56 - Jul 9 by Shun

David Ball would be a great signing at this level. Highly unlikely though.

He's ok on the wing.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

League One striker? on 09:40 - Jul 12 with 1230 viewsIOMDale

Congratulations to those who said Bobby Grant...

http://www.thisisscunthorpe.co.uk/Knill-expects-mature-Grant-United-reject-bid/s

UTDNFS

League One striker? on 10:20 - Jul 12 with 1153 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

League One striker? on 09:40 - Jul 12 by IOMDale

Congratulations to those who said Bobby Grant...

http://www.thisisscunthorpe.co.uk/Knill-expects-mature-Grant-United-reject-bid/s

like i said i never go against my gut instead and as we all know Contracts mean nothing in football after Wiseman, Done & O'Grady went

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

League One striker? on 10:26 - Jul 12 with 1142 viewsheywooddale

League One striker? on 10:20 - Jul 12 by DaleAwaydayBot

like i said i never go against my gut instead and as we all know Contracts mean nothing in football after Wiseman, Done & O'Grady went

They mean nothing unless you have just been given the number 9 shirt, the club bidding is in a lower division and they have a history of never overpaying or spending big or offering massive wages. In which case contracts mean quite a bit.
Login to get fewer ads

League One striker? on 10:29 - Jul 12 with 1131 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

League One striker? on 10:26 - Jul 12 by heywooddale

They mean nothing unless you have just been given the number 9 shirt, the club bidding is in a lower division and they have a history of never overpaying or spending big or offering massive wages. In which case contracts mean quite a bit.

we'll have to wait and see what happens at Scunthorpe's end if anything he wasn't excally 1st Striker choice last season when they loaned him to Accrington Stanley

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

League One striker? on 10:32 - Jul 12 with 1125 viewsheywooddale

League One striker? on 10:29 - Jul 12 by DaleAwaydayBot

we'll have to wait and see what happens at Scunthorpe's end if anything he wasn't excally 1st Striker choice last season when they loaned him to Accrington Stanley

True he wasn't and taking on that option could have just been a way of protecting themselves from losing money, but you don't generally give someone the number 9 shirt if you are gonna sell them soon after.
League One striker? on 10:40 - Jul 12 with 1096 viewslurker

Looking at that article, he has fallen out with Ratboy big time and his days look numbered to me! Ratboy has history with painting rosy pictures like this when he has had a big fallout. Looks like my scunny mate was right in that they simply took up the option on his contract so they can control the fee. The number 9 thing looks like it is a gimmick.

I would personally pull out all the stops to get this lad, even if it meant pushing close to our record transfer fee. Use some of these "tidy profits" we made last year to actually invest in a top player that could shoot us back to L1!
League One striker? on 11:01 - Jul 12 with 1058 viewsdingdangblue

League One striker? on 10:40 - Jul 12 by lurker

Looking at that article, he has fallen out with Ratboy big time and his days look numbered to me! Ratboy has history with painting rosy pictures like this when he has had a big fallout. Looks like my scunny mate was right in that they simply took up the option on his contract so they can control the fee. The number 9 thing looks like it is a gimmick.

I would personally pull out all the stops to get this lad, even if it meant pushing close to our record transfer fee. Use some of these "tidy profits" we made last year to actually invest in a top player that could shoot us back to L1!

Really surprised Grant signed the extension if he's looking to move? Surely it wouldve been in his favour to be out of contract (wage/signing on fee wise)?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

League One striker? on 11:24 - Jul 12 with 1023 views442Dale

League One striker? on 11:01 - Jul 12 by dingdangblue

Really surprised Grant signed the extension if he's looking to move? Surely it wouldve been in his favour to be out of contract (wage/signing on fee wise)?

Scunthorpe took up the option to extend it. Sometimes deals like that indicate it's not the player's decision. Think Berbatov had a similar deal at Utd.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

League One striker? on 11:25 - Jul 12 with 1013 viewsolympicdale

League One striker? on 10:40 - Jul 12 by lurker

id be delighted if we splashed out a 6 figure ammount or a high 5 figure ammount for Grant, his attitude towards the game is great and id love him to join, hope we put in another.

Life is a game of fate.

League One striker? on 11:41 - Jul 12 with 992 viewsScunnydale

League One striker? on 11:25 - Jul 12 by olympicdale

id be delighted if we splashed out a 6 figure ammount or a high 5 figure ammount for Grant, his attitude towards the game is great and id love him to join, hope we put in another.

The way I read the article suggests we may well. Jimmy Bell says it was a "tentative" offer, ie probably a cheeky bid to see where the water lies.
League One striker? on 11:41 - Jul 12 with 991 viewsdingdangblue

League One striker? on 11:24 - Jul 12 by 442Dale

Scunthorpe took up the option to extend it. Sometimes deals like that indicate it's not the player's decision. Think Berbatov had a similar deal at Utd.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Really quite loathe to pay all that money for someone with 12months left of his contract, who Scunthorpe have loaned out consistently in the last 2 years. Would rather wait and get him on loan or in Jan.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

League One striker? on 11:49 - Jul 12 with 974 viewslurker

Grant is a proven goal scorer at this level and still only 22 years old.
It has also been proven that he fits perfectly into the system that Coleman plays.

That is definitely worth £100k IMHO

.... plus he is mates with Stevie G and stuff!!
League One striker? on 11:50 - Jul 12 with 972 viewsmaybee

League One striker? on 11:41 - Jul 12 by dingdangblue

Really quite loathe to pay all that money for someone with 12months left of his contract, who Scunthorpe have loaned out consistently in the last 2 years. Would rather wait and get him on loan or in Jan.

Spoton.

He isn't a target man (under 6ft) and isn't prolific (about a goal every 4 1/2 games)

Not worth spending too much money on. If he doesn't get into the first team at Scunny, he will want to be loaned out soon.

We need height in the middle and pace down the wings; not another small forward.
League One striker? on 12:09 - Jul 12 with 927 viewselectricblue

Didn't parkin in all his wisdom get Dale to pay £100k for connor and £125k for platt...
Now thats what this squad needs players of this calibre..
Or are dale still paying off those debts.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

League One striker? on 12:12 - Jul 12 with 915 viewsD_Alien

League One striker? on 11:50 - Jul 12 by maybee

Spoton.

He isn't a target man (under 6ft) and isn't prolific (about a goal every 4 1/2 games)

Not worth spending too much money on. If he doesn't get into the first team at Scunny, he will want to be loaned out soon.

We need height in the middle and pace down the wings; not another small forward.

Perhaps Coleman is going down the Brendan Rodgers route?

(Tongue-in-cheek)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

League One striker? on 12:19 - Jul 12 with 898 viewsClivert

League One striker? on 11:41 - Jul 12 by dingdangblue

Sounds like what Oldham were doing with O'Grady!

I know that we can't afford to pay over the odds for players but a signing like Bobby Grant would be an investment also. If Coleman feels that Bobby Grant is the right man for us then hopefully the board can back him with being able to match what Scunthorpe are asking.
League One striker? on 12:55 - Jul 12 with 822 viewsBanned4ever

I think Grant would want a lge 1 team .And if none come in for him he be happy to stay at scunkthope .Going to a lge 2 club will be backward step for him even if it ment more games for him.
League One striker? on 13:04 - Jul 12 with 797 viewsroccydaleian

League One striker? on 12:55 - Jul 12 by Banned4ever

I think Grant would want a lge 1 team .And if none come in for him he be happy to stay at scunkthope .Going to a lge 2 club will be backward step for him even if it ment more games for him.

That stinks.
League One striker? on 13:19 - Jul 12 with 754 viewsThacks_Rabbits

League One striker? on 12:09 - Jul 12 by electricblue

Didn't parkin in all his wisdom get Dale to pay £100k for connor and £125k for platt...
Now thats what this squad needs players of this calibre..
Or are dale still paying off those debts.

Think it was £150k for Connor - off Stoke - who looked worth every penny and more until he knackered his knee.

Platty was £100K - was much criticised for poor goal ratio, but we missed him during the play offs and worked his arse off - and has had a good career since at a better level.

Parkin signed a lot of a lot worse value players than either of the above, although P.C. never reached his potential having looked a steal for above reasons.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

League One striker? on 13:34 - Jul 12 with 732 viewsinthenet

Shaun Miller could yet start the season at Crewe after an unnamed League Two side decided not to follow up their interest in the striker.

The 24-year-old, who had been made available for transfer by manager Steve Davis, rejected a player exchange deal at the end of last month.

"We have circulated Shaun's details to Football League clubs and there was a bit of interest from a League Two club, but not that much," Davis told the club's official website. "They haven't been back with us, so Shaun is training with us and will be involved in our pre-season games."

Miller has fallen behind Ajay Leitch-Smith and Max Clayton in the Alex pecking order following a barren spell in front of goal.
REJECTED AGAIN !!!
OLD NEWS I KNOW JUST ON SKY>>>>

Rastrickblue

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024