Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League One striker? 18:01 - Jul 6 with 10202 viewsChaffRAFC

We're supposedly in for a League One striker according to the Observer. Any ideas as to who it might be?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

League One striker? on 13:51 - Jul 12 with 1896 viewsolympicdale

League One striker? on 12:19 - Jul 12 by Clivert

Sounds like what Oldham were doing with O'Grady!

I know that we can't afford to pay over the odds for players but a signing like Bobby Grant would be an investment also. If Coleman feels that Bobby Grant is the right man for us then hopefully the board can back him with being able to match what Scunthorpe are asking.

If I were Coleman I would go back with an offer of around 100k, if its rejected, move on.

Life is a game of fate.

League One striker? on 13:56 - Jul 12 with 1866 viewsColDale

League One striker? on 13:51 - Jul 12 by olympicdale

If I were Coleman I would go back with an offer of around 100k, if its rejected, move on.

I don't think he will cost £100,000. He only got that extra year on his contract cos they knew we'd have been sniffing around. With the exception of Buckley, every single player sale that brought money into the club in recent years has come after we have invested a transfer fee in that player in the first place.
League One striker? on 14:21 - Jul 12 with 1806 viewsolympicdale

League One striker? on 13:56 - Jul 12 by ColDale

I don't think he will cost £100,000. He only got that extra year on his contract cos they knew we'd have been sniffing around. With the exception of Buckley, every single player sale that brought money into the club in recent years has come after we have invested a transfer fee in that player in the first place.

maybe so, but why would they give a striker they don't want the squad number 9, it could be a tactic to get more money, but just seems that they will be holding out for an amount close to that, given they payed 150k for him.

Life is a game of fate.

League One striker? on 15:29 - Jul 12 with 1741 viewsTVOS1907

League One striker? on 14:21 - Jul 12 by olympicdale

maybe so, but why would they give a striker they don't want the squad number 9, it could be a tactic to get more money, but just seems that they will be holding out for an amount close to that, given they payed 150k for him.

I'm struggling on the relevance of the shirt number.

Maybe Grant requested it; maybe it was the first one available.

Shirt numbers mean very little these days.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

League One striker? on 16:17 - Jul 14 with 1461 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Confirmed by Sky Sports

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11765/7891266/Knill-to-keep-Grant-with-I

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

League One striker? on 16:24 - Jul 14 with 1438 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Official Scunthorpe United Statement by Alan Knill

http://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/article/grant-going-nowhere-232688.aspx

sorry about the delay new site is confusing

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

League One striker? on 16:25 - Jul 14 with 1438 viewsqlrken05

Back to the drawing board, seems as though we are not to get grant

Come on Rochdale... Come on Rochdale

League One striker? on 16:39 - Jul 14 with 1392 viewsolympicdale

League One striker? on 16:25 - Jul 14 by qlrken05

Back to the drawing board, seems as though we are not to get grant

I'd be very surprised if we don't go back in with another offer, show we are serious about getting him, if we don't get him before august id expect us to go in again come January if he's not playing regularly.

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

League One striker? on 16:41 - Jul 14 with 1390 viewsqlrken05

League One striker? on 16:39 - Jul 14 by olympicdale

I'd be very surprised if we don't go back in with another offer, show we are serious about getting him, if we don't get him before august id expect us to go in again come January if he's not playing regularly.

I agree with that , especially if he is not playing regular we will certainly get him in January, but we need another striker before the seasons starts

League One striker? on 16:41 - Jul 14 with 1390 viewsTVOS1907

League One striker? on 16:24 - Jul 14 by DaleAwaydayBot

Official Scunthorpe United Statement by Alan Knill

http://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/article/grant-going-nowhere-232688.aspx

sorry about the delay new site is confusing

Confusing?

It's flamin' dreadful.

League One striker? on 16:50 - Jul 14 with 1361 viewsolympicdale

the obs view

http://menmedia.co.uk/rochdaleobserver/sport/football/rochdale/s/1583435_dale-fr

Life is a game of fate.

League One striker? on 16:59 - Jul 14 with 1344 viewsqlrken05

the thing is before the end of last season a lot of fans on here, me included, said that JC should sack the lot of them .... well he has more or less done that , So we are truly starting a fresh this coming term, We (well most of us wanted JC as our manager), now we will see how good he really is with a brand new team, I reckon we are going to have a good first season with JC at the helm, maybe even a shot at the title.
Up the DALE

League One striker? on 17:05 - Jul 14 with 1327 viewsolympicdale

League One striker? on 16:59 - Jul 14 by qlrken05

the thing is before the end of last season a lot of fans on here, me included, said that JC should sack the lot of them .... well he has more or less done that , So we are truly starting a fresh this coming term, We (well most of us wanted JC as our manager), now we will see how good he really is with a brand new team, I reckon we are going to have a good first season with JC at the helm, maybe even a shot at the title.
Up the DALE

calm yourself, id be happy with a top 10, and playing decent football, after last years debacle.

Life is a game of fate.

League One striker? on 19:29 - Jul 14 with 1175 viewsstuartcryer

League One striker? on 17:05 - Jul 14 by olympicdale

calm yourself, id be happy with a top 10, and playing decent football, after last years debacle.

About time someone is being realistic.

wardle blue

League One striker? on 19:42 - Jul 14 with 1154 viewsTVOS1907

League One striker? on 19:29 - Jul 14 by stuartcryer

About time someone is being realistic.

I think the vast majority of Dale fans are being extremely realistic about the new season.

League One striker? on 19:44 - Jul 14 with 1147 viewsstuartcryer

League One striker? on 19:42 - Jul 14 by TVOS1907

I think the vast majority of Dale fans are being extremely realistic about the new season.

thats good not to much dissapointment then

wardle blue

League One striker? on 08:34 - Jul 15 with 961 viewsTalkingSutty

League One striker? on 19:44 - Jul 14 by stuartcryer

thats good not to much dissapointment then

Its a bit unrealistic to be even thinking about reaching the play offs this season. JC is trying to build a completley new team /squad so its going to be a bit of a up and down season i reckon (I hope i am proved wrong and we set off like a house on fire).

If we can see the basis of a decent team with a few good young prospects coming through, coupled with a good style of football that will be progress. Next season will be the time to expect a promotion push.
League One striker? on 16:23 - Jul 15 with 797 viewsPops2

League One striker? on 08:34 - Jul 15 by TalkingSutty

Its a bit unrealistic to be even thinking about reaching the play offs this season. JC is trying to build a completley new team /squad so its going to be a bit of a up and down season i reckon (I hope i am proved wrong and we set off like a house on fire).

If we can see the basis of a decent team with a few good young prospects coming through, coupled with a good style of football that will be progress. Next season will be the time to expect a promotion push.

I reckon it might just be Shaun Harrad from us. We have 4 strikers signed up and if we have the likes of McLeod on trial I expect one might be off and I doubt it would be Bish so possibly Harrad as he is a similar player.
League One striker? on 11:46 - Jul 16 with 671 viewslurker

Regarding our bid for Grant, here are a few comments straight from the horses mouth

http://www.thisisscunthorpe.co.uk/Scunthorpe-Utd-Bobby-Grant-vows-prove-s-League

That kills that one then. Mind you I would've told us to fook off too with the fee we offered. Anyone who was afraid that JC may pay over the odds for any player can calm down. You have to take your hat off to him for pure cheek and being a tight-arsed scouser!
League One striker? on 11:54 - Jul 16 with 655 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

League One striker? on 11:46 - Jul 16 by lurker

Regarding our bid for Grant, here are a few comments straight from the horses mouth

http://www.thisisscunthorpe.co.uk/Scunthorpe-Utd-Bobby-Grant-vows-prove-s-League

That kills that one then. Mind you I would've told us to fook off too with the fee we offered. Anyone who was afraid that JC may pay over the odds for any player can calm down. You have to take your hat off to him for pure cheek and being a tight-arsed scouser!

How much did Hill shell out to Biffo's for Super COG?

League One striker? on 12:00 - Jul 16 with 638 viewsD_Alien

League One striker? on 11:54 - Jul 16 by DaleAwaydayBot

How much did Hill shell out to Biffo's for Super COG?

£95k

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

League One striker? on 12:15 - Jul 16 with 608 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

League One striker? on 12:00 - Jul 16 by D_Alien

£95k

how much did we make when we undersold him to Wendies

League One striker? on 12:29 - Jul 16 with 567 viewslurker

Super COG was older, actually expressed a desire to leave and had less time left on his current contract when we bid.

A £20k bid for Grant was very cheeky indeed
League One striker? on 12:49 - Jul 16 with 527 viewsTVOS1907

League One striker? on 12:29 - Jul 16 by lurker

Super COG was older, actually expressed a desire to leave and had less time left on his current contract when we bid.

A £20k bid for Grant was very cheeky indeed

Thing is, Scunthorpe are bound to put out a figure which makes it look like we are trying to steal him.

League One striker? on 12:56 - Jul 16 with 508 viewsDale_Pea

League One striker? on 16:23 - Jul 15 by Pops2

I reckon it might just be Shaun Harrad from us. We have 4 strikers signed up and if we have the likes of McLeod on trial I expect one might be off and I doubt it would be Bish so possibly Harrad as he is a similar player.

You don't mean Izale McLeod do you? He's with Pompey out in Spain.

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024