Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not too down-hearted 17:34 - Jan 1 with 4992 viewsShun

Played reasonably well and we won't play many sides better than Rotherham this season. Onwards and upwards.
Not too down-hearted on 17:35 - Jan 1 with 3335 viewsolympicdale

Rotherham had a couple of decent strikers, and Pringle was a handful, but I dont think they are owt special, theyre a typical Steve Evans team.

Life is a game of fate.

Not too down-hearted on 17:38 - Jan 1 with 3278 viewsShun

I was impressed with them. Only Port Vale who've impressed me more.
Not too down-hearted on 17:40 - Jan 1 with 3263 viewsolympicdale

Not too down-hearted on 17:38 - Jan 1 by Shun

I was impressed with them. Only Port Vale who've impressed me more.

Stuart Atwell NEVER got a hold of their tactics all game, but you know what you get with an Evans team, aside from administration.

Life is a game of fate.

Not too down-hearted on 17:41 - Jan 1 with 3256 viewsjimmysbaldhead

I thought they were an extremely hard working team but up until that screamer at the end I felt they only really looked dangerous from set pieces.
Not too down-hearted on 17:45 - Jan 1 with 3221 viewsD_Alien

I agree Shun.

My first game for a while, and we've come on as a team since the autumn. We showed plenty of fight and a good spirit, with some very good players at L2 level. After their equaliser I thought a draw would have been a fair result, but no real complaints about either the defeat or the performance.

Cav was outstanding, and Grimes goal was sublime; not just the finish but right from Tutte's battle to win the ball and spread it wide, followed by Rafferty's run and short cross. All in all, a decent afternoon's entertainment at Spotland, with plenty of promise for the future.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Not too down-hearted on 17:48 - Jan 1 with 3193 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Very entertaining match but whats really got to me is someone making false allegations against me having people like that amongst us shouldn't be welcomed overall i though the game were pretty reasonable apart from someone having it in for me at Rochdale

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Not too down-hearted on 17:52 - Jan 1 with 3155 viewsG_Dale

Not too down-hearted on 17:48 - Jan 1 by DaleAwaydayBot

Very entertaining match but whats really got to me is someone making false allegations against me having people like that amongst us shouldn't be welcomed overall i though the game were pretty reasonable apart from someone having it in for me at Rochdale

Say what

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Not too down-hearted on 17:52 - Jan 1 with 3152 viewsphomem

It's always about you
Login to get fewer ads

Not too down-hearted on 17:52 - Jan 1 with 3147 viewsDaley_Lama

Tell us all about it tazzy, please do.

Poll: DF in or out

Not too down-hearted on 17:53 - Jan 1 with 3136 viewsAtThePeake

Taz, this forum and thread is about Rochdale AFC, not personal jibes or anything against you. If you have a problem with someone go and tell them when you hear it, because to be frank I'm sick to death of your whining 'victim' posts. Stop acting like a prat and people will stop treating you like you're a prat.

Tangled up in blue.

Not too down-hearted on 17:54 - Jan 1 with 3121 viewsolympicdale

give us a piggin break.

Life is a game of fate.

Not too down-hearted on 17:56 - Jan 1 with 3089 views442Dale

That was actually an interesting match that illustrates where we fall short, this thread won't reflect that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Not too down-hearted on 18:01 - Jan 1 with 3042 viewsD_Alien

Not too down-hearted on 17:56 - Jan 1 by 442Dale

That was actually an interesting match that illustrates where we fall short, this thread won't reflect that.

You could always tell us 442!

But you're right, the difference between us and Rovrum isn't much (and over the course of our two games against them its honours even) but we're a commanding centre back short and someone to come off the bench to change things.

Its been suggested that Adebola should have come on instead of Donnelly. I'd have had Putterill on and staying out wide as an outlet.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Not too down-hearted on 18:04 - Jan 1 with 3023 views442Dale

Not too down-hearted on 18:01 - Jan 1 by D_Alien

But you're right, the difference between us and Rovrum isn't much (and over the course of our two games against them its honours even) but we're a commanding centre back short and someone to come off the bench to change things.

Its been suggested that Adebola should have come on instead of Donnelly. I'd have had Putterill on and staying out wide as an outlet.

I have, elsewhere!

Putterill was the other option to the ball retention/defensive ability of Adebola. Donnelly isn't anything.

Not too down-hearted on 18:08 - Jan 1 with 2996 viewsAtThePeake

Not too down-hearted on 17:53 - Jan 1 by AtThePeake

Taz, this forum and thread is about Rochdale AFC, not personal jibes or anything against you. If you have a problem with someone go and tell them when you hear it, because to be frank I'm sick to death of your whining 'victim' posts. Stop acting like a prat and people will stop treating you like you're a prat.

Slightly hypocritical, as I didn't even say anything about the match. So here goes.

The defence is a weakness - everyone can see that, and judging by Coleman's comments about trying to bring a defender in, he can see that too - so why did we choose to sit back on a 1-0 lead for 45 minutes? Especially when we matched them with the good balance of attack and defence that we showed in the first half? I can understand for 10-15-20 minutes towards the end but to attempt to do it for a full half with the defence we have was a suicide mission.

Credit has to go to Kennedy and Gornell however today. Gornell chased everything down even when he was clearly starting to tire towards the end, and Kennedy was excellent, didn't give the ball away and found the space and became an option at every possible opportunity.

Rotherham are a decent side but we showed we could be as good with our first half performance.

Tangled up in blue.

Not too down-hearted on 18:10 - Jan 1 with 2967 viewsBobbyjoe

Six o'clock, and no mention yet of the elephant in the living-room!
Not too down-hearted on 18:11 - Jan 1 with 2964 views442Dale

Not too down-hearted on 18:10 - Jan 1 by Bobbyjoe

Six o'clock, and no mention yet of the elephant in the living-room!

Go on then....

Not too down-hearted on 18:13 - Jan 1 with 2938 viewsValleySaddler

Not too down-hearted on 18:01 - Jan 1 by D_Alien

A commanding centre half,a good talker and a leader is an absoloute must.The fact that there isnt much between the sides even though Rovrum are expensively assembled goes to show the progress that has been made under Coleman.
I agree about Putterill always give us another outlet and a bit of mischief aswell to unsettle the opposition Rovrum away being a great case in point.....
Not too down-hearted on 18:22 - Jan 1 with 2882 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Not too down-hearted on 17:53 - Jan 1 by AtThePeake

how am i playing the victims card i were stating the facts

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Not too down-hearted on 18:27 - Jan 1 with 2825 viewsphomem

Not too down-hearted on 18:22 - Jan 1 by DaleAwaydayBot

Why people are upset is the fact you've hijacked the tread to complain about yourself. Start a new thread and people can choose whether they want to read it or not
Not too down-hearted on 18:28 - Jan 1 with 2806 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Not too down-hearted on 18:04 - Jan 1 by 442Dale

I have, elsewhere!

Putterill was the other option to the ball retention/defensive ability of Adebola. Donnelly isn't anything.

I thought in was crying out for Dele to come on after about 55 mins to hold the ball up.

Other than that, thought we gave our all, so as the OP suggests, not too down hearted.

Thought the crowd was more than 3,400, how many Daley's 2,100?

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Not too down-hearted on 18:29 - Jan 1 with 2791 viewsolympicdale

Not too down-hearted on 18:22 - Jan 1 by DaleAwaydayBot

who gives a sh*t

Life is a game of fate.

Not too down-hearted on 18:30 - Jan 1 with 2785 viewsR17ALE

Not too down-hearted on 18:04 - Jan 1 by 442Dale

I have, elsewhere!

Loads of positives from today's match for me.

Rotherham are a typical, ugly, Steve Evans side with their long throws and dangerous set plays, and niggling fouls, and gamesmanship. But, they are effective as a unit.

It was clear they'd done their homework on us from the off, chasing down the short balls from Lillis to his startled defenders!

Their no. 15, Pringle, was under orders to get chalk on his boots on the right wing and they looked a threat going forward every time he attacked. Had we played Putterill on our left wing we'd have cancelled out their best outlet whilst providing ourselves with one! Ah well!

Plus points for me:

Lillis - much better. Positive, brave keeping asserting his authority in the box. Screaming 'keeper' and barging his defenders out of the way to collect or punch the ball. More of a runaway driver than a dithering biddy at a roundabout today!

Ryan Edwards - best game for ages. Looked calm, relaxed and wasn't for being bullied by their 2 bigguns up front.

Phil Edwards - as above, brave and reads the game well from CB.

Cav - our MOM. 2nd half immense with his energy and tackling. There is no way he deserved to be on the losing side today.

Downsides - The 3 Degees were lively first half and annoymous second half.

We don't have a real option from the bench. As you say, Donnelly isn't anything. In fact, you know when you're watching the X Factor auditions and some lad comes on and is so shyte they stop him after 20 seconds before laying into him. I always think to myself, "who has told this lad he can sing? Who has put the idea into his head that he can make money with his voice? WHO?" I get the urge to grab a cricket bat and thrap said person with it quite hard as a punishment.

When I see Gorgeous play, I think of that bat and his careers advisor,and sadly I get the same violent thoughts.

Finally, their winner came when Gornell (I think) misplaced a simple pass whilst tannoyman was droning on yet again during an important passage of play. They broke quickly and we were all at sea at the back, but it was a good finish tbf.

Overall, I think we are still going the right way, but it's slow progress.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Not too down-hearted on 18:30 - Jan 1 with 2783 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Not too down-hearted on 18:29 - Jan 1 by olympicdale

who gives a sh*t

they will when sh1t hits the fan

Not too down-hearted on 18:39 - Jan 1 with 2723 viewsdalestats

Not too down-hearted on 18:30 - Jan 1 by DaleAwaydayBot

they will when sh1t hits the fan

It won't because due to your wittering and inane drivel people don't take you seriously

Poll: Remain in the eu

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024