Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keith Hill stamping his mark 17:06 - Feb 16 with 4665 viewsolympicdale

What a difference to a month ago. Quick attractive passing, midfield looked more solid with bbm, the defence to a man were all excellent, Phil Edwards motm for me alongside Bennett, have we tryed playing this kid up front yet. Ive been very critical of Rhys but he was superb. We struggled up front a bit today but was much more directness when Grimes came on, main thing was how well the team stood up to a physical Torquay side, and played some great football at times.

The Keith Hil effect looks to be slowly happening.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 21:25 - Feb 16 with 1322 viewsSuddenLad

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 21:22 - Feb 16 by roccydaleian

Bollocks. He's got a good engine but no end product. How dogshit gets a starting place before Grimes is baffling.

Grimes is lethargic, appears disinterested and is ineffective. He's been like that for most of his time at Spotland. Very disappointing.

Donnelly at least works hard and causes the opposition problems. He'll get better under Hill. Grimes needs a change of scenery.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 21:36 - Feb 16 with 1286 viewsDaley_Lama

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 21:25 - Feb 16 by SuddenLad

Grimes is lethargic, appears disinterested and is ineffective. He's been like that for most of his time at Spotland. Very disappointing.

Donnelly at least works hard and causes the opposition problems. He'll get better under Hill. Grimes needs a change of scenery.

Gimes 10 goals while being lethargic, stroppy, call you what you want or Donnelly 3 goals through running around a lot?

I thought the warm applause given to Donnelly when subbed was impressive, a month ago there would have been cheers for his exit.

Can't fault his commitment and effort but will question his ability as seen to date.

Perhaps he's like Torres, he just needs those 50 goals to get him his confidence back.

Poll: DF in or out

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 21:43 - Feb 16 with 1266 viewsD_Alien

Lets just say that KH got the Donnelly/Grimes swap dead right.

Donnelly ran his socks off and despite his limitations, gave the Torquay defence something to think about. They didn't have a moment to dwell on the ball with his energetic performance. KH took him off earlyish second half before he'd chance to run out of steam, then introduced a completely different problem to the Torquay defence in the shape of Grimes, and it so nearly paid off.

All credit to KH - getting the most out of both players IMO

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 21:45 - Feb 16 with 1255 viewsDaley_Lama

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 21:43 - Feb 16 by D_Alien

Donnelly ran his socks off and despite his limitations, gave the Torquay defence something to think about. They didn't have a moment to dwell on the ball with his energetic performance. KH took him off earlyish second half before he'd chance to run out of steam, then introduced a completely different problem to the Torquay defence in the shape of Grimes, and it so nearly paid off.

Dagnell will batter you for 60 minutes then Alf will finish you off....

Poll: DF in or out

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 21:46 - Feb 16 with 1245 viewsroccydaleian

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 21:25 - Feb 16 by SuddenLad

Well it's all about opinions i suppose. Georgie was basically running about like a headless chicken today, got booked for being stupid, when Ash came on i think we significantly improved. Apart from Bobby Grant, A.G.is easily the best footballer we've got
Keith Hill stamping his mark on 21:49 - Feb 16 with 1233 viewsColDale

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 21:46 - Feb 16 by roccydaleian

Well it's all about opinions i suppose. Georgie was basically running about like a headless chicken today, got booked for being stupid, when Ash came on i think we significantly improved. Apart from Bobby Grant, A.G.is easily the best footballer we've got

The ref tried his best not to book George. He warned him in the first half and then within 30 seconds, he produced another foul and still didn't get booked.
Keith Hill stamping his mark on 22:07 - Feb 16 with 1202 viewsShun

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 21:43 - Feb 16 by D_Alien

Agreed with every word of this.
Keith Hill stamping his mark on 22:09 - Feb 16 with 1197 viewsphomem

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 21:21 - Feb 16 by mizfit

To those slating Donnelly, I'm not a big fan of his but today I thought he played well
His pace always troubled Torquay, chased everything down putting them under pressure linked the play well
Criticising the lad won't help

Rubbish
Login to get fewer ads

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 22:22 - Feb 16 with 1157 viewssweetcorn

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 21:21 - Feb 16 by mizfit

To those slating Donnelly, I'm not a big fan of his but today I thought he played well
His pace always troubled Torquay, chased everything down putting them under pressure linked the play well
Criticising the lad won't help

sorry but donnelly was rubbish today.

Give me an example of something he did right today which doesn't involve workrate.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 22:31 - Feb 16 with 1139 viewsphomem

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 22:22 - Feb 16 by sweetcorn

Give me an example of something he did right today which doesn't involve workrate.

There is nothing. Unfortunately I can't see what he offers to the team.
Keith Hill stamping his mark on 22:36 - Feb 16 with 1125 viewsboffley

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 22:22 - Feb 16 by sweetcorn

That's the whole point about what he does do right----his workrate. Your question is akin to the old joke----What do Winston Churchill and a billy goat have in common?-----they both have beards except for Winston Churchill.
Keith Hill stamping his mark on 22:40 - Feb 16 with 1105 viewssweetcorn

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 22:36 - Feb 16 by boffley

That's the whole point about what he does do right----his workrate. Your question is akin to the old joke----What do Winston Churchill and a billy goat have in common?-----they both have beards except for Winston Churchill.

But you need more than workrate from a centre forward, he runs around like a headless chicken after balls he isn't going to get. His first touch is horrendous and is goals to games ratio is a better joke than any which a comedian has told.

You can't stay in a team for workrate alone, especially not upfront.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 22:40 - Feb 16 with 1109 viewszxcvbnm

How has he got a six average! I have given him what he deserved one star

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 22:54 - Feb 16 with 1070 viewsroccydaleian

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 22:40 - Feb 16 by sweetcorn

But you need more than workrate from a centre forward, he runs around like a headless chicken after balls he isn't going to get. His first touch is horrendous and is goals to games ratio is a better joke than any which a comedian has told.

You can't stay in a team for workrate alone, especially not upfront.

Agreed, but strangely enough i'm lead to believe that Hilly likes Dogshit before A.G
Keith Hill stamping his mark on 23:28 - Feb 16 with 1023 viewsdingdangblue

Bollocks. He's got a good engine but no end product. How dogshit gets a starting place before Grimes is baffling.

Agreed,was amazed dogshit started today ahead of Grimes. Hopefully Grimes excellent cameo showed Hilly that he got it wrong. Grimes was everything that Donnelly was not - touch,technique,movement - hopefully this loan move to Rotherham doesn't happen because Grimes is worth more to us playing now than being loaned out for the last few months of his contract for a few grand.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 23:31 - Feb 16 with 1015 views442Dale

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 23:28 - Feb 16 by dingdangblue

Agreed,was amazed dogshit started today ahead of Grimes. Hopefully Grimes excellent cameo showed Hilly that he got it wrong. Grimes was everything that Donnelly was not - touch,technique,movement - hopefully this loan move to Rotherham doesn't happen because Grimes is worth more to us playing now than being loaned out for the last few months of his contract for a few grand.

Some of Grimes movement is way beyond the level we're playing at. He sees things few others do, and not just when he's on the ball.

Unfortunately a move may still yet suit him best.

But not to play under that idiot.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 00:33 - Feb 17 with 968 viewsolympicdale

This, so this. Grimes created more in his cameo than Georgie does in 3/4 games, Donnelly runs around a lot, he is a work horse but should never be the number 9 striker. Grimes came on and really scared their backline with his off the ball runs, great touch and awareness.

Life is a game of fate.

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 09:34 - Feb 17 with 880 viewsNotEyreClue

I thought Gornell did well. The role he's playing is a very difficult one but with his back to goal and in terms of holding up the play, I think he does a good job for the team. I think we were kidded into thinking he would be much more prolific in goalscoring terms - especially with his few goals when he first came in. Whilst he is a striker he's not necessarily in the team to score bagfuls of goals and that is especially true if he's going to be playing up front with another striker as part of a front two.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 11:40 - Feb 17 with 795 viewsaleanddale

Grimes played well when he came on.

The issue for me is when he starts he looks lazy and not interested.

Donnelly put a shift in today tbf. Defending so high up the pitch just takes the pressure off.

Thought hilly got his tactics spot on. Three welcome points. Onwards to Barnet next week.
Keith Hill stamping his mark on 13:16 - Feb 17 with 721 viewsolympicdale

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 09:34 - Feb 17 by NotEyreClue

I thought Gornell did well. The role he's playing is a very difficult one but with his back to goal and in terms of holding up the play, I think he does a good job for the team. I think we were kidded into thinking he would be much more prolific in goalscoring terms - especially with his few goals when he first came in. Whilst he is a striker he's not necessarily in the team to score bagfuls of goals and that is especially true if he's going to be playing up front with another striker as part of a front two.

so we have two strikers on from the start, who arent on for their goalscoring prowess, but for their workmanlike qualities, yet we have our 2nd highest goalscorer, and most skillful player on the bench...

Life is a game of fate.

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 13:40 - Feb 17 with 691 viewsSuddenLad

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 13:16 - Feb 17 by olympicdale

so we have two strikers on from the start, who arent on for their goalscoring prowess, but for their workmanlike qualities, yet we have our 2nd highest goalscorer, and most skillful player on the bench...

.....and we got a victory and 3 points. Funny old game.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:37 - Feb 17 with 577 viewsaleanddale

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 13:16 - Feb 17 by olympicdale

Who is a lazy arse and looks like he can't be bothered when he is given his chance to shine.

Fancy tricks that don't come off offer very little OD.

Donnelly did an awful lot right yesterday. I appreciate he is just short on quality but yesterday he contributed to so much that allowed Grimes to shine when he got his chance.

Hilly got it spot on for me.
Keith Hill stamping his mark on 00:12 - Feb 18 with 472 viewsRalphs12

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:37 - Feb 17 by aleanddale

Who is a lazy arse and looks like he can't be bothered when he is given his chance to shine.

Fancy tricks that don't come off offer very little OD.

Donnelly did an awful lot right yesterday. I appreciate he is just short on quality but yesterday he contributed to so much that allowed Grimes to shine when he got his chance.

Hilly got it spot on for me.

Although I don't agree about grimes being lazy I do agree that hill got it spot on yesterday, run there defence into the ground and then bring the more technically gifted footballer on to finish the job, which he nearly did with some of his movement and passing.

The thing with grimes, as some have said is his movement and vision is something that some of our team are way way behind on, that ball out to Haworth after just coming on and his link play with tutte yesterday for example. It really winds me up when people around me are moaning that he's not chasing the ball down (when it's going through to the keeper whose in his box, what's the point? If George did this he's being a thick arse...) he doesn't need to run around alot to be effective, after coming on yesterday I watched him stand next to a centre half run back toward our goal for a couple of yards then turn the other way and go back, giving himself an extra yard to play in. Constantly asking for the ball. I think he's lacking on confidence at the minute as he seems to be delaying that second or two when infront of goal, that opportunity he had what got put out for a "goal kick" could, and more often than not should have been put away. If hill wants him, I hope he stays as I think he's someone, when under longer contract, we could get a nice fee for.
Keith Hill stamping his mark on 00:21 - Feb 18 with 466 viewsRotherhamDale

Grimes looked really good when he came on. They couldn't get the ball off him at times. His runs put George's to shame as well. The one when Kennedy found him with a reverse pass, where we should have had a corner was superb.

Amazed that people thought Gornell played well. I thought he was awful. His first touch is atrocious, he's not pacy, not great on the ball, and isn't really a target man. I don't see what he offers. He dives and complains at the referee more than anything. He's worse than Grimes!

Possession with progression.

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 01:12 - Feb 18 with 457 viewsolympicdale

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 00:12 - Feb 18 by Ralphs12

Although I don't agree about grimes being lazy I do agree that hill got it spot on yesterday, run there defence into the ground and then bring the more technically gifted footballer on to finish the job, which he nearly did with some of his movement and passing.

The thing with grimes, as some have said is his movement and vision is something that some of our team are way way behind on, that ball out to Haworth after just coming on and his link play with tutte yesterday for example. It really winds me up when people around me are moaning that he's not chasing the ball down (when it's going through to the keeper whose in his box, what's the point? If George did this he's being a thick arse...) he doesn't need to run around alot to be effective, after coming on yesterday I watched him stand next to a centre half run back toward our goal for a couple of yards then turn the other way and go back, giving himself an extra yard to play in. Constantly asking for the ball. I think he's lacking on confidence at the minute as he seems to be delaying that second or two when infront of goal, that opportunity he had what got put out for a "goal kick" could, and more often than not should have been put away. If hill wants him, I hope he stays as I think he's someone, when under longer contract, we could get a nice fee for.

I'm not sure why so many are against Grimes, running around doesn't make you a good footballer, but it can distract certain people. If players don't sprint around they're called lazy, Grimes has coaxed his petulance side down, and yet still remains subject of cat calls when he's not chasing the keeper down. Grimes has ability way ahead of his team mates, he sees things they don't, and when they don't come off, its more down to the other lads not being on that same wavelength. There was a move yesterday when the ball was hit hard at him, but he still had the skill to back heel it straight to Howarth, instantly, give me Grimes's natural ability over Donnelly and Gornells work rate any day.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024