Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? 06:34 - Apr 12 with 2811 viewsTalkingSutty

Just listened to Hillys post match Southend interview and he was asked a question about players maybe impressing enough to be considered for next season.

It was very interesting to hear Hilly speak about the possibility of a terrorist within the squad and perhaps that person could turn up in pre-season training and turn out to be a "shoe bomber", strong stuff !!

I think that sort of language goes to show some of the problems Hilly may of encountered since his return to the club. Its all about everybody singing from the same hymn sheet with this manager and egos etc are booted out of the door.

If there is a distruptive influence you can bet Hilly will soon eradicate that person from the club.
Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 06:36 - Apr 12 with 2790 viewsfitzochris

Mightyscouse?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 06:51 - Apr 12 with 2768 viewsTalkingSutty

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 06:36 - Apr 12 by fitzochris

Mightyscouse?

Who knows, good luck to Hilly in smoking the culprit out. These type of indidviduals just hold the club back and spoil any chance of a close knit spirit between the players.

They are often sulky, self centred ,spoiled individuals in my experience and we have had plenty of those over the last couple of seasons, so your guess is as good as mine .
Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 07:37 - Apr 12 with 2716 viewsThe_DJ

Thinks its probable some of the players would remain loyal to Coleman as they have worked for him for years.
The summer clearout should sort that out.

To their credit Cavanagh anc McIntyre has played well under Hill despite being Coleman sourced.
Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 08:05 - Apr 12 with 2675 viewsClivert

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 07:37 - Apr 12 by The_DJ

Thinks its probable some of the players would remain loyal to Coleman as they have worked for him for years.
The summer clearout should sort that out.

To their credit Cavanagh anc McIntyre has played well under Hill despite being Coleman sourced.

Phil Edwards and George Donnelly too.

There's been a marked improvement in all these players over recent weeks and all were Coleman's signings, whether its a fitness thing, better training techniques or just down to sheer confidence these players that were brought to the club by John Coleman seem to be singing from Keith Hill's hymn sheet regardless of any loyalty to Coleman.

I'd imagine this so called 'enemy from within' is one of the longer serving members of the squad as Chris Beech first encountered these problems not long after Steve Eyre left, if that is what Hilly is getting at?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 08:11 - Apr 12 with 2655 viewsColDale

I suspect he's not referring to a particular individual rather than the threat of someone becoming one, and may as much be a reference to something at Barnsley rather than here. Last time he trusted the squad 100%, because they were his squad.
Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 08:19 - Apr 12 with 2624 viewswimborne_dale

It was a bit cryptic. Could he have meant a player who will terrorise opposing defences?

Edgar Allan's Crow

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 08:52 - Apr 12 with 2558 viewsdingdangblue

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 08:05 - Apr 12 by Clivert

Phil Edwards and George Donnelly too.

There's been a marked improvement in all these players over recent weeks and all were Coleman's signings, whether its a fitness thing, better training techniques or just down to sheer confidence these players that were brought to the club by John Coleman seem to be singing from Keith Hill's hymn sheet regardless of any loyalty to Coleman.

I'd imagine this so called 'enemy from within' is one of the longer serving members of the squad as Chris Beech first encountered these problems not long after Steve Eyre left, if that is what Hilly is getting at?

Its amazing the similarities here and at Barnsley. Both Hilly and Flicker are now getting the best out of players who previously couldnt/wouldnt win a raffle under their previous manager!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 12:22 - Apr 12 with 2364 viewsrafcjosh

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 08:19 - Apr 12 by wimborne_dale

It was a bit cryptic. Could he have meant a player who will terrorise opposing defences?

That's how it came across to me. I think the OP is looking too much into it.
Login to get fewer ads

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 13:55 - Apr 12 with 2216 viewsTVOS1907

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 12:22 - Apr 12 by rafcjosh

Hill's interview in tomorrow's Ob definitely suggests terrorists in a Paul Simpson way.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 16:51 - Apr 12 with 2072 viewsTalkingSutty

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 12:22 - Apr 12 by rafcjosh

Just relaying Hillys comments thats all, i thought those who arent privvy to Dale player interviews might have been interested (do you not agree the comments are worthy of dicussion ??).

It seemed pretty obvious what he was insunating so dont shoot the messenger !!
Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 17:07 - Apr 12 with 2034 viewsSpotty

this could be a follow up from his quote, when he said there have been arguments and fights within the team to prove he is right, some players will not like his hard approach to training and want the easy life. I wouldn't imagine we'll be seeing Tutte here next season, I thought he was one of the bad eggs last year. It could also be a youngster, the likes of Rafferty had been pretty vocal on twitter, before Hill, presumably, has banned such activity.
Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 17:30 - Apr 12 with 1989 viewsDorsetDale

My take is that he certainly wasn't talking about any of our players scaring the bejeesus out of th'opposition.
He states that when we're doing well a terrorist may well hide deep within and not show himself.Also says he doesn't know if there is one, more than one or any at all!
I'm not even sure he's referring solely to playing staff either.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 22:01 - Apr 12 with 1788 viewsR17ALE

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 17:30 - Apr 12 by DorsetDale

My take is that he certainly wasn't talking about any of our players scaring the bejeesus out of th'opposition.
He states that when we're doing well a terrorist may well hide deep within and not show himself.Also says he doesn't know if there is one, more than one or any at all!

That was my take on it too. I was down there earlier buying my Oxford ticket and Hilly breezed into the office as I was paying for my ticket. I got great service too btw.

Upon seeing me, he shouted out Hiya, with a thumbs up. It was liked he owned the place, and his demeanour made me feel a real part of Team Rochdale.

It is imperative that his contract coincides with season ticket renewals. It's worth tens of thousands to the club.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 22:07 - Apr 12 with 1774 viewsMoonyDale

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 22:01 - Apr 12 by R17ALE

That was my take on it too. I was down there earlier buying my Oxford ticket and Hilly breezed into the office as I was paying for my ticket. I got great service too btw.

Upon seeing me, he shouted out Hiya, with a thumbs up. It was liked he owned the place, and his demeanour made me feel a real part of Team Rochdale.

It is imperative that his contract coincides with season ticket renewals. It's worth tens of thousands to the club.

That would be my worry before parting with any hard earned. A signed up Hilly would boost sales no end.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 22:35 - Apr 12 with 1738 views442Dale

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 22:07 - Apr 12 by MoonyDale

That would be my worry before parting with any hard earned. A signed up Hilly would boost sales no end.

Hill's Imterview on the OS talks about him making a decision on players for next season, so why not come out and tell us where everyone stands. If he is making a decision on players surely he's staying? Why is this news not out there or at least say something?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 22:47 - Apr 12 with 1719 viewsSpotty

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 22:35 - Apr 12 by 442Dale

Hill's Imterview on the OS talks about him making a decision on players for next season, so why not come out and tell us where everyone stands. If he is making a decision on players surely he's staying? Why is this news not out there or at least say something?

Because there might be an agreement in principle for Hill to sign, but until everything is signed nothing can be released officially. It is 99% certain in my eyes he will be here next season, or he wouldn't be talking about making calls on who to keep/release if he was told he wouldn't be retained, we might have an announcement at H/T in the Plymouth match possibly...
Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 22:53 - Apr 12 with 1698 viewsrafcjosh

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 16:51 - Apr 12 by TalkingSutty

Just relaying Hillys comments thats all, i thought those who arent privvy to Dale player interviews might have been interested (do you not agree the comments are worthy of dicussion ??).

It seemed pretty obvious what he was insunating so dont shoot the messenger !!

I wasn't shooting the messenger TS. I just thought the comments came across as if he meant a player could explode into life during a game when we needed him most. I'll have to read the OB tomorrow then.
Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 23:15 - Apr 12 with 1651 viewsTalkingSutty

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 22:53 - Apr 12 by rafcjosh

I wasn't shooting the messenger TS. I just thought the comments came across as if he meant a player could explode into life during a game when we needed him most. I'll have to read the OB tomorrow then.

Its talking in riddles josh (Hilly,not you), i like black and white and sometimes this clever speak confuses me (its not hard to do)
Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 07:25 - Apr 13 with 1559 viewszxcvbnm

I read it like a mighty scouse character who has the potential to unsettle the harmony

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 08:42 - Apr 13 with 1539 viewsR17ALE

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 23:15 - Apr 12 by TalkingSutty

Its talking in riddles josh (Hilly,not you), i like black and white and sometimes this clever speak confuses me (its not hard to do)

I thought he was plain speaking. He was basically saying that he has an open mind with regards to player retention for next season, but anyone who goes against his philosophy is a terrorist and will be weeded out (rightly).

He then says that because we've been winning, the terrorist is quiet. The terrorist only makes noise after defeats.

He maybee talking about certain posters on here tbf!!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 12:08 - Apr 13 with 1400 viewsThe_DJ

Hillys interview.....a terrorist within ? on 22:47 - Apr 12 by Spotty

Because there might be an agreement in principle for Hill to sign, but until everything is signed nothing can be released officially. It is 99% certain in my eyes he will be here next season, or he wouldn't be talking about making calls on who to keep/release if he was told he wouldn't be retained, we might have an announcement at H/T in the Plymouth match possibly...

Last time Hill released some decent players and then left the club . A contract needs to be agreed soon so this can't happen again
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024