Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Three points 17:10 - Sep 14 with 10078 viewsColDale

Not one to be watched on DVD again, but a very welcome three points. Stepped up a gear at half time when it looked like it could have gone either way but after the break, I don't think we looked in danger of losing but was just whether we could score or not.

Thought our two central defenders were our best players today.
Three points on 17:17 - Sep 14 with 7254 viewsboromat

I'd agree with that we never got out of first gear today but luckily against a poor side we found a goal. My MOM is Henderson and was before he scored. Our strength at the minute seems to be at the back. Olly was unlucky not to score with his header. I'm not sure Vidal took his chance. I also thought it was to soon for Cummins to start but did OK. Done and Bennett both did well when they came on and will be hoping to start at Accrington.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Three points on 17:21 - Sep 14 with 7222 viewsRalphs12

Think one of our best assets is the flexibility we have with hogan hendo and George, it was no suprise when hogan and hendo were back in the usual roles that we got the goal. That's no slight on Cummins just don't think the formation we started with was quite right
Three points on 17:45 - Sep 14 with 7093 views442Dale

Henderson produced his best display of the season, the shining light going forward. At the back O'Connell is the best centre half we've had since Dawson. He must have learnt the art of defending so well covering for Ryan Edwards every week.

Vincenti back in next week, Dicker for a disappointing BBM.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Three points on 17:50 - Sep 14 with 7061 viewssandylaner1

hendo deserved MOM was best player by far

the CB's are looking better, lancashire would of scored if it wasnt for a very good save and o'connell was superb throughout

still feel were not settled at either full back position

matty 'down' looks upto speed now

wouldn't mind starting with the 11 that finished today against accy, unless dicker comes in
[Post edited 14 Sep 2013 17:51]
Three points on 17:51 - Sep 14 with 7045 viewsD_Alien

Three points on 17:21 - Sep 14 by Ralphs12

Think one of our best assets is the flexibility we have with hogan hendo and George, it was no suprise when hogan and hendo were back in the usual roles that we got the goal. That's no slight on Cummins just don't think the formation we started with was quite right

Thought the same - plus our supply from midfield was generally poor for the first hour. Lund started poorly but picked up as the game went on; BBM was generally tidy with just one or two lapses but the sum total was less than we've come to expect from a KH midfield. Cue Dicker.

The introduction of Done and Hery saw us better balanced and with more bite, and thank goodness we created the one clear cut chance which the deserved MoM Henderson took calmly. For me though, Bennett's introduction was the real turning point and with Done he gave us options down the right which were missing for much of the game.

Lillis did one typical flap but got his fists to the ball just ahead of their forward who looked like he was going to sneak in right at the end, otherwise they created very little.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Three points on 18:03 - Sep 14 with 6991 viewsBartRowou

We can't play to our full potential until we have players who can hold up the ball. We have so much quality on the flanks but rarely do they get the ball from lay offs in the danger areas. We'd have won that easily with a decent centre forward on the pitch.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Three points on 18:15 - Sep 14 with 6914 viewsTalkingSutty

Great three points and one of those games that at one time we would have lost 1-0.

I think we overplayed in the attacking third during the first half when we had situations to either deliver a good cross or expose the defenders one on one, too many times we looked to play the ball backwards but in the end we ground out the result and thats all that counts.

Henderson deserved man of the match but Lancashire and Lund pushed him close,is that 10 home league games undefeated now?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Three points on 18:42 - Sep 14 with 6760 viewsDaleFan7

The first half was one of the worst halves of football I've seen for ages. Lancashire was my MOM put in a good shift and came as close as anyone to scoring in the first 70 mins. I don't know how Hill could justify putting realistically, our only reliable goal source out wide for 75 mins, but there you go.

It wasn't a good performance from either team at all but 3 points is 3 points.
Login to get fewer ads

Three points on 18:45 - Sep 14 with 6741 viewsdalenumber2

I thought it might end up Knill Knill at one point. We looked better once again in the second half but it was a pretty dreary affair. Can't complain - we got the points so happy enough.
Three points on 18:48 - Sep 14 with 6719 viewsSalwaDale

Henderson, O'Connell and Lancashire all excellent. Everything else ok. One too many Dale fans seemed to think it was unacceptable that we weren't hammering them from about 10 minutes in. They set up well and their CB were superb, probably only made one mistake all game. Roll on next Saturday.

Verdict so far, we're a pretty good side. Not great but pretty good.

TBBT

Three points on 18:56 - Sep 14 with 6653 viewsColDale

Today was always going to be an awkward game. After the derby last week, there was always going to be a danger of taking a game such as this for granted - more off the field than on it, and that worried me before the game.
Three points on 19:01 - Sep 14 with 6628 viewsTalkingSutty

Three points on 18:48 - Sep 14 by SalwaDale

Henderson, O'Connell and Lancashire all excellent. Everything else ok. One too many Dale fans seemed to think it was unacceptable that we weren't hammering them from about 10 minutes in. They set up well and their CB were superb, probably only made one mistake all game. Roll on next Saturday.

Verdict so far, we're a pretty good side. Not great but pretty good.

Its probably my obsession but i still think we are short of a good centre forward, that in my opinion is the key to us succeeding this season because the rest of the team looks fine.

Cummins didnt look any better than Hogan or Donnelly and i would question his fitness/lack of match sharpness. Its early days for him so he should get the benefit of the doubt but there is a sameness up front from what i can see.

Its wishfull thinking but put COG in this team and i think we would take some stopping.
Three points on 19:03 - Sep 14 with 6617 viewsSalwaDale

Three points on 19:01 - Sep 14 by TalkingSutty

Its probably my obsession but i still think we are short of a good centre forward, that in my opinion is the key to us succeeding this season because the rest of the team looks fine.

Cummins didnt look any better than Hogan or Donnelly and i would question his fitness/lack of match sharpness. Its early days for him so he should get the benefit of the doubt but there is a sameness up front from what i can see.

Its wishfull thinking but put COG in this team and i think we would take some stopping.

Agree about COG but I really liked the look of Cummins today. Held it up reasonably well I thought.

TBBT

Three points on 19:12 - Sep 14 with 6586 viewshxdale

Three points on 19:03 - Sep 14 by SalwaDale

Agree about COG but I really liked the look of Cummins today. Held it up reasonably well I thought.

Funny how we all see things in a different light, I thought he never got into the game, glad to see him subbed for Done.... Done to start for me next week... Start next week how we finished...
Three points on 19:19 - Sep 14 with 6549 viewsDaley_Lama

Three points on 19:12 - Sep 14 by hxdale

Funny how we all see things in a different light, I thought he never got into the game, glad to see him subbed for Done.... Done to start for me next week... Start next week how we finished...

I will take 3 points any way, any how, any time.

0-0 written all over it today until one spark of excitement.

Happy days!

Poll: DF in or out

Three points on 20:06 - Sep 14 with 6393 viewsSandyman

Thought Torquay were like a bad Graham Barrow side - long ball cloggers. Knill skill. Maybe we should have had more quality and took them apart but we are going to get games like that - and to grind out 3 points in such circumstances we should accept without too many moans and groans. Astonishing that Downes for them got away with so much fouling with only a word from the ref. Henderson was the class player on the pitch imho today and fully deserved the goal and MOTM award.
Three points on 21:15 - Sep 14 with 6250 viewsmacro

Looking at next weeks side bbm and George out
Vincenti and dicker in with Bennett for Vidal maybe
Three points on 21:52 - Sep 14 with 6138 viewspl56

Three points on 17:45 - Sep 14 by 442Dale

Henderson produced his best display of the season, the shining light going forward. At the back O'Connell is the best centre half we've had since Dawson. He must have learnt the art of defending so well covering for Ryan Edwards every week.

Vincenti back in next week, Dicker for a disappointing BBM.

I just find it interesting that our best centre back pairings (Dawson/Holness and O'Connell/Lancashire seem to coincide with BBM playing a number of games as the shielding midfield player .

Coincidence .........just a thought ?
Three points on 22:14 - Sep 14 with 6077 viewsTalkingSutty

Three points on 21:52 - Sep 14 by pl56

I just find it interesting that our best centre back pairings (Dawson/Holness and O'Connell/Lancashire seem to coincide with BBM playing a number of games as the shielding midfield player .

Yes, its definitely coincidence. I dont think BBM was ever a regular starter when Dawson was playing. In fact he didnt start very many games during Hillys last spell in charge at the club.

The centre halves performed well when Cavanagh was in the side also, its nowt to do with BBM and the credit should go to the defenders.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Three points on 22:16 - Sep 14 with 6069 viewsD_Alien

Or...having a really good pairing at centre-back makes the holding player look better?

Can't believe BBM is being given credit for our developing centre-back pairing now!!!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Three points on 23:30 - Sep 14 with 5938 viewssweetcorn

Behave.

BBM was average at best today, gave the ball away a fair few times again and for me shouldn't be seen again this season now that we have dicker and cav (when fit) ahead of him. Not the grade for me, he's as old as beech's chin crevice is deep. Still fully expect BDMC to come on and say man of the match and should be awarded POTY now.

Will take this 1-0 win, this is the sort of win which shows which sort of side we are, its ok rolling over the shite teams, but grinding out a 1-0 win against awkward opposition who never really looked to come and attack, speaks volumes for me about this team. Defence is looking solid (minus lillis' flapping which hasnt been mentioned), we know enough about the midfields quality already, plus matty 'down' looking decent again. just something missing upfront still. COGBA on loan anyone?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Three points on 23:32 - Sep 14 with 5932 viewsSalwaDale

Three points on 23:30 - Sep 14 by sweetcorn

Behave.

BBM was average at best today, gave the ball away a fair few times again and for me shouldn't be seen again this season now that we have dicker and cav (when fit) ahead of him. Not the grade for me, he's as old as beech's chin crevice is deep. Still fully expect BDMC to come on and say man of the match and should be awarded POTY now.

Will take this 1-0 win, this is the sort of win which shows which sort of side we are, its ok rolling over the shite teams, but grinding out a 1-0 win against awkward opposition who never really looked to come and attack, speaks volumes for me about this team. Defence is looking solid (minus lillis' flapping which hasnt been mentioned), we know enough about the midfields quality already, plus matty 'down' looking decent again. just something missing upfront still. COGBA on loan anyone?

Agree with most of that. BBM was our best option today though. Hery a little too attacking, Cav and Dicker not available, Jamie Allen not quite ready.

TBBT

Three points on 23:35 - Sep 14 with 5922 viewssweetcorn

Three points on 23:32 - Sep 14 by SalwaDale

Agree with most of that. BBM was our best option today though. Hery a little too attacking, Cav and Dicker not available, Jamie Allen not quite ready.

Yes I agree that with the options available today, with dicker and cav out for various reasons, that he was the best choice to sit in front of the defence, as you say don't think Hery has the discipline to play the spoiler role. Would be a decent option next to cav though.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Three points on 23:36 - Sep 14 with 5917 viewsMass_Debater

Three points on 23:30 - Sep 14 by sweetcorn

Behave.

Why does he have to 'behave'? It's just an opinion, like when some people thought Coleman should have stayed.
Three points on 23:39 - Sep 14 with 5909 viewsSalwaDale

Three points on 23:35 - Sep 14 by sweetcorn

Yes I agree that with the options available today, with dicker and cav out for various reasons, that he was the best choice to sit in front of the defence, as you say don't think Hery has the discipline to play the spoiler role. Would be a decent option next to cav though.

Hery excites every time he gets on the ball but I think his game will require some big improvements before he is good enough to regularly start games. I do expect it to happen though.

TBBT

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024