Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morley 20:43 - Mar 5 with 4857 viewsdingdangblue

Brilliant goal today for Bolton. He's done really well there since his move in Jan. Quality player.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Morley on 21:07 - Mar 5 with 4775 viewskel

Agreed. It’s a shame the way he was treated here by a large section of supporters and he needed the change in scenery because of it. We’re a weaker side without him.
Morley on 21:30 - Mar 5 with 4732 viewsdingdangblue

Morley on 21:07 - Mar 5 by kel

Agreed. It’s a shame the way he was treated here by a large section of supporters and he needed the change in scenery because of it. We’re a weaker side without him.

Yep, but he doesn't tackle or run around like a headless chicken so he's crap.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Morley on 22:48 - Mar 5 with 4588 viewsEllDale

I think anyone who’s seen Morley develop over the last two or three years knew that he had that sort of goal in his locker.
He flew under the radar for quite a while as a youngster because a lot of people people were raving over Danny Adshead and Luke Mathewson. The former especially seemed to be seen as a project by Keith Hill.
And then a lot of his natural play was stifled by BBM ball.
I just hope there are some good add-ons on that transfer deal with Oldham although I feel confident that there will be.
Morley on 23:00 - Mar 5 with 4554 viewsMass_Debater

Morley on 22:48 - Mar 5 by EllDale

I think anyone who’s seen Morley develop over the last two or three years knew that he had that sort of goal in his locker.
He flew under the radar for quite a while as a youngster because a lot of people people were raving over Danny Adshead and Luke Mathewson. The former especially seemed to be seen as a project by Keith Hill.
I just hope there are some good add-ons on that transfer deal with Oldham although I feel confident that there will be.

Oldham?
Morley on 23:05 - Mar 5 with 4534 viewsEllDale

Oops sorry, Bolton!
Morley on 23:54 - Mar 5 with 4461 viewsDale27

A much weaker team without him!

Perhaps people will now realise just how good he was.
Morley on 23:56 - Mar 5 with 4459 viewsboromat

Morley on 22:48 - Mar 5 by EllDale

I see Morley as better than both in terms of what he delivers. Maybe Luke and Danny have more potential but I'm not sure how likely it is that they'll get to the level that they can.

Chuffed for Morley and I think we're seeing more so what he brought to the team now he's not here.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Morley on 12:33 - Mar 6 with 4191 viewsblackdogblue

BBC Radio Bolton rave about him all the time, shame one player does not make a team or win games, look how Ronaldo has fallen recently

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Morley on 13:17 - Mar 6 with 4108 views49thseason

Morley on 12:33 - Mar 6 by blackdogblue

BBC Radio Bolton rave about him all the time, shame one player does not make a team or win games, look how Ronaldo has fallen recently

Of couse they do, they are doing their bit to enhance his re-sale value at the club they support. The benefit of being backed by the BBC on a weekly basis is huge, Imagine what the cost of that amount of advertising would cost Bolton in an open market.
Personally I would ban BBC radio from The COA on the basis that they are not fulfilling their duty to be fair and even handed. It would be fascinating to see them attempt to defend their Saturday afternoon and Tuesday evening coverage of Bolton Wanderers to the exclusion and detriment of the region's other teams
Morley on 13:25 - Mar 6 with 4083 viewsTVOS1907

Morley on 13:17 - Mar 6 by 49thseason

Of couse they do, they are doing their bit to enhance his re-sale value at the club they support. The benefit of being backed by the BBC on a weekly basis is huge, Imagine what the cost of that amount of advertising would cost Bolton in an open market.
Personally I would ban BBC radio from The COA on the basis that they are not fulfilling their duty to be fair and even handed. It would be fascinating to see them attempt to defend their Saturday afternoon and Tuesday evening coverage of Bolton Wanderers to the exclusion and detriment of the region's other teams

They've already proved they can't do that.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Morley on 14:08 - Mar 6 with 4037 viewsborodale

Pleased for Arron, clearly a very talented player who can still go higher up the pyramid. Sadly I don't think we saw the best of him at Dale. Bargain for Bolton!!
Morley on 14:17 - Mar 6 with 4014 viewsD_Alien

Morley on 14:08 - Mar 6 by borodale

Pleased for Arron, clearly a very talented player who can still go higher up the pyramid. Sadly I don't think we saw the best of him at Dale. Bargain for Bolton!!

His success should also prove lucrative for Dale, both in terms of add-ons (i presume) but also our reputation for producing home grown talent

(BBC Radio Bolton bigging him up could even work in our favour)

Unfortunately, and with the proviso that Beesley wasn't home-grown, his move to Blackpool isn't having the same impact. Although better off financially, i expect the lad is getting a bit frustrated at very little game time, sometimes not even making the bench. His play with Dale was just at that point of development when first team football was proving crucial

[Post edited 6 Mar 2022 14:18]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Morley on 14:23 - Mar 6 with 4000 viewsborodale

Morley on 14:17 - Mar 6 by D_Alien

His success should also prove lucrative for Dale, both in terms of add-ons (i presume) but also our reputation for producing home grown talent

(BBC Radio Bolton bigging him up could even work in our favour)

Unfortunately, and with the proviso that Beesley wasn't home-grown, his move to Blackpool isn't having the same impact. Although better off financially, i expect the lad is getting a bit frustrated at very little game time, sometimes not even making the bench. His play with Dale was just at that point of development when first team football was proving crucial

[Post edited 6 Mar 2022 14:18]

Agreeded regarding Beesley, he was really kicking on as a lone striker. If he'd stayed who knows where he would off end up.
Morley on 15:27 - Mar 6 with 3909 viewsDaley_Lama

Morley on 14:23 - Mar 6 by borodale

Agreeded regarding Beesley, he was really kicking on as a lone striker. If he'd stayed who knows where he would off end up.

When we played Burnley in the cup, Morley stood out head and shoulders in our team.

His passing and vision for a pass always stood out, rather than any defensive side of his game which was oft ridiculed.

Great to see he (and Rathbone) are doing well at their new clubs.

Poll: DF in or out

Morley on 20:55 - Mar 6 with 3711 viewsJames1980

Absolutely, I believe this is due to people struggling to change their minds these days. Once they decide a player is not much cop then that is that.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Morley on 09:14 - Mar 7 with 3484 viewsboromat

Morley on 15:27 - Mar 6 by Daley_Lama

When we played Burnley in the cup, Morley stood out head and shoulders in our team.

His passing and vision for a pass always stood out, rather than any defensive side of his game which was oft ridiculed.

Great to see he (and Rathbone) are doing well at their new clubs.

This season was the best he's been defensively. Obviously not his core game but interceptions etc were one of the highest.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024