Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairman's Statement 17:02 - Jan 5 with 42172 viewsHullDale

Chairman's Statement on 17:03 - Jan 5 with 10458 viewsHullDale

Chairman's Statement on 17:06 - Jan 5 with 10433 viewsHullDale

A few stand out comments for me:

"...we have a fan owned model that the board feel we need to move away from."

On results : "...on results: 'disappointing to see on the messageboards people think we're doomed."

Looking for Ā£5m investment for a training ground - I'm guessing this is on top of the Ā£1.2m needed to cover annual operating losses.

If there is one positive to take from it, the club clearly read this MB & other social media forums. Hopefully they take heed of some of the offers of help and commercial ideas shared by scores of supporters.
Chairman's Statement on 17:11 - Jan 5 with 10357 viewsscooby

You are right Hull, but it is for them to prove that a poor performance against Barrow on top of all the crap this year is a turning point and that they doing something at the top to get us out of the mess they have allowed us to fall in to.

Reap what you sow.
Chairman's Statement on 17:16 - Jan 5 with 10315 views442Dale

Chairman's Statement on 17:06 - Jan 5 by HullDale

A few stand out comments for me:

"...we have a fan owned model that the board feel we need to move away from."

On results : "...on results: 'disappointing to see on the messageboards people think we're doomed."

Looking for Ā£5m investment for a training ground - I'm guessing this is on top of the Ā£1.2m needed to cover annual operating losses.

If there is one positive to take from it, the club clearly read this MB & other social media forums. Hopefully they take heed of some of the offers of help and commercial ideas shared by scores of supporters.

Will watch later, but there was ample opportunity at two AGMs to make it clear to supporters how there would need to be a move away from a model that we have been promoting for the last year and more as what Rochdale AFC is all about.

Look forward to viewing it all to get a better understanding of this change.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Chairman's Statement on 17:29 - Jan 5 with 10217 viewsblackdogblue

Iā€™ve watched itā€¦. For me whilst it would be fantastic to have a training ground with a bar & a cafeā€¦ not going to do us much good in the conference is it?

Focus should be on league survival & on the pitch.. we need more than a bit of wiggle roomā€¦

See in other news (Kieran Maguire) the scunny fan director has resignedā€¦ fans helped pay the legal fees for the trustā€¦ sounds like a thank you (ish) now fook offā€¦

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Chairman's Statement on 17:29 - Jan 5 with 10215 viewsHopwoodblue

Chairman's Statement on 17:16 - Jan 5 by 442Dale

Will watch later, but there was ample opportunity at two AGMs to make it clear to supporters how there would need to be a move away from a model that we have been promoting for the last year and more as what Rochdale AFC is all about.

Look forward to viewing it all to get a better understanding of this change.

I think if we had 5000 home fans it would be ok we could survive as a fan owed club.
But theyā€™ve now realised with the disappointing share up take that asking the fans to dip in their pockets every year for shares is not going to work going forward.
Fair play to them for not just carrying on with it and letting the club just wither and die.
Think itā€™s taken a lot of guts to do a u turn and the last 18 months will stand them in good stead when it comes to choosing the right buyer because letā€™s face it who ever stumps up that amount of cash will want to own the club.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Chairman's Statement on 17:32 - Jan 5 with 10193 viewsfitzochris

Chairman's Statement on 17:29 - Jan 5 by blackdogblue

Iā€™ve watched itā€¦. For me whilst it would be fantastic to have a training ground with a bar & a cafeā€¦ not going to do us much good in the conference is it?

Focus should be on league survival & on the pitch.. we need more than a bit of wiggle roomā€¦

See in other news (Kieran Maguire) the scunny fan director has resignedā€¦ fans helped pay the legal fees for the trustā€¦ sounds like a thank you (ish) now fook offā€¦

I don't think that's entirely fair. While I have a lot of concerns about what is currently happening, the directors have had to meet a great financial cost out of their own pocket to get us this far.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Chairman's Statement on 17:32 - Jan 5 with 10192 viewsTrev

What irks is the whole fan run club thing is something they have championed and made a big song and dance about. Up the Dale, not for sale etc. Surely they knew from the outset that outside investment would be needed? If not, well, that's even more concerning.
Login to get fewer ads

Chairman's Statement on 17:36 - Jan 5 with 10109 viewsHullDale

Chairman's Statement on 17:29 - Jan 5 by blackdogblue

Speaking of Kieran Maguire, 30:20 onwards:

Chairman's Statement on 17:40 - Jan 5 with 10095 viewsscooby

Chairman's Statement on 17:32 - Jan 5 by Trev

What irks is the whole fan run club thing is something they have championed and made a big song and dance about. Up the Dale, not for sale etc. Surely they knew from the outset that outside investment would be needed? If not, well, that's even more concerning.

not really fan owned, anyone could buy shares. by diluting so much across so many they protected the club, that approach will now put investors off. i still cant see any ROI for an investor at Ā£500k never mind the Ā£5m they are now asking for. And it isnt a 1 off investment we need, we will need topping up regularly.

Stockport went for Ā£6m (and some potential quiet behind the scenes payments), they got full club ownership, with a good regular attendance, ground, and other stuff. our investor will get what? a shares certificate in a club losing money? sign me up!

as someone said to me on message not much earlier today, had Roger made this statement, everyone would have knives out for him!
Chairman's Statement on 17:49 - Jan 5 with 10025 viewsD_Alien

Chairman's Statement on 17:40 - Jan 5 by scooby

not really fan owned, anyone could buy shares. by diluting so much across so many they protected the club, that approach will now put investors off. i still cant see any ROI for an investor at Ā£500k never mind the Ā£5m they are now asking for. And it isnt a 1 off investment we need, we will need topping up regularly.

Stockport went for Ā£6m (and some potential quiet behind the scenes payments), they got full club ownership, with a good regular attendance, ground, and other stuff. our investor will get what? a shares certificate in a club losing money? sign me up!

as someone said to me on message not much earlier today, had Roger made this statement, everyone would have knives out for him!

Then they'd be wrong

The pre-June 2021 BoD outlined the need for outside investment at a fans forum, with Tony Pockney making the facts & figures presentation. This was fairly widely accepted as something which was becoming inevitable. The issue with Roger was the skulduggery with which he and others tried to do this

The current BoD deserve the same opportunity - but to do things the right way

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Chairman's Statement on 18:07 - Jan 5 with 9903 viewsblackdogblue

Chairman's Statement on 17:32 - Jan 5 by fitzochris

I don't think that's entirely fair. While I have a lot of concerns about what is currently happening, the directors have had to meet a great financial cost out of their own pocket to get us this far.

Hi Chris,

I have great respect for you.. the point I was trying to make is whilst itā€™s great the club has plansā€¦ look at the elephant in the roomā€¦.

Priority 1 needs to be spend or borrow money to keep league statusā€¦ you only need to look whoā€™s bottom of the conferenceā€¦we need investment in players now in the transfer window before itā€™s too lateā€¦ Scunny had our Luke on loan last season & that did not helpā€¦

All of the other stuff regarding investment etc will not be signed / sealed etc before the end of January..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Chairman's Statement on 18:41 - Jan 5 with 9731 viewsrochedale

The previous share proposal allowed fans to gain shares knowing they would help the club and allow the club to stay afloat for a while, whilst also having a few shares in the club they love to pass down to their kids and grandkids. It was a one off and Iā€™m not surprised at all this second allocation, or whatever you want to call it, has failed somewhat. Why would fans keep throwing money into something with zero return. Iā€™m surprised the board expected more and not surprised by the lack of uptake. I hope the club find an investor, who is a fan and who also has money to invest significantly without expecting anything in return. Iā€™m not holding out much hope, but you never know.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Chairman's Statement on 19:52 - Jan 5 with 9426 views49thseason

Chairman's Statement on 17:49 - Jan 5 by D_Alien

Then they'd be wrong

The pre-June 2021 BoD outlined the need for outside investment at a fans forum, with Tony Pockney making the facts & figures presentation. This was fairly widely accepted as something which was becoming inevitable. The issue with Roger was the skulduggery with which he and others tried to do this

The current BoD deserve the same opportunity - but to do things the right way

I think that's exactly right, the whole MH fiasco has cost the club dearly and all because the then Chairman wanted out and the egregious CEO Bottomley was prepared to do the dirty work to enable him to do that.

Now the situation is much worse, money has been wasted on legal costs and buying back shares that should never have been sold. The new board is between a rock and a hard place and the fans simply do not have the wherewithal to bail out the club again. An investor is the logical way forward if they can find the right person with the right attitudes and willingness to invest beyond just a few players.

We have little choice but to hope for the best possible outcome, I get the impression they have someone in mind but it may be a while before all the due diligence has been worked through. What else is there to say at this point? We are entirely in the hands of Bentley and his staff to haul us up the division and avoid the precipice that we are currently poised on the edge of, especially if the investment is predicated on retaining our L2 status.

Difficult days for everyone at the club I would imagine.
Chairman's Statement on 20:27 - Jan 5 with 9285 viewsDorkingDale

Chairman's Statement on 18:07 - Jan 5 by blackdogblue

Hi Chris,

I have great respect for you.. the point I was trying to make is whilst itā€™s great the club has plansā€¦ look at the elephant in the roomā€¦.

Priority 1 needs to be spend or borrow money to keep league statusā€¦ you only need to look whoā€™s bottom of the conferenceā€¦we need investment in players now in the transfer window before itā€™s too lateā€¦ Scunny had our Luke on loan last season & that did not helpā€¦

All of the other stuff regarding investment etc will not be signed / sealed etc before the end of January..

Looking forward to watching the bottom of conference side on Saturday after the cocky "where the hell is Dorking?" comments from the new owner at the start of the season.
Chairman's Statement on 20:46 - Jan 5 with 9204 viewsDalenet

Chairman's Statement on 18:41 - Jan 5 by rochedale

The previous share proposal allowed fans to gain shares knowing they would help the club and allow the club to stay afloat for a while, whilst also having a few shares in the club they love to pass down to their kids and grandkids. It was a one off and Iā€™m not surprised at all this second allocation, or whatever you want to call it, has failed somewhat. Why would fans keep throwing money into something with zero return. Iā€™m surprised the board expected more and not surprised by the lack of uptake. I hope the club find an investor, who is a fan and who also has money to invest significantly without expecting anything in return. Iā€™m not holding out much hope, but you never know.

Agree as we can't sell shares every year to cover operating costs. As I see it the Board have spent 18 months stabilising the club and have needed to put their own life savings in to see Morton House off. The Chairman said at the time that they needed to recover that by reselling the shares. They now know that the fans have no further appetite for shares and so they have to look elsewhere.
They have also spent 18 months evaluating our costs and revenues. I genuinely think they hoped that a "fan owned club" might galvanise people to get behind the club in a not to dissimilar way that Owdum fans have got behind their new owner. But it hasn't happened. Our crowds are down and commercial income too. We all know why hiven the product on the pitch. The BoD have to ensure that the club survives and being honest about where we are is no bad thing. The club AGM pack signposted the issue.
My only concern is that Simon is focussed on the training ground story as the need for an investor. There is a range of grant options that could be explored if we wanted this to be a community asset. The reason we need an investor is to cover costs and squad development to try to grow the club again. Few posters on here would argue that wasn't needed. Unless the stay away fans get behind the club the Board have few options
Chairman's Statement on 20:47 - Jan 5 with 9196 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Just how much would a training complex cost to run each year? Would we really attract Ā£100,000 worth of usage each year, when there are already many such pitches in the Borough? Just hope there is a multi millionaire Dale fan around to invest millions in the Club and willing to lose potentially hundreds of thousands of pounds each year.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Chairman's Statement on 20:59 - Jan 5 with 9109 viewsTVOS1907

Chairman's Statement on 20:27 - Jan 5 by DorkingDale

Looking forward to watching the bottom of conference side on Saturday after the cocky "where the hell is Dorking?" comments from the new owner at the start of the season.

Oldham aren't bottom, Scunthorpe are. There's five points between them.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Chairman's Statement on 21:15 - Jan 5 with 9034 views442Dale

Chairman's Statement on 20:47 - Jan 5 by foreverhopefulDale

Just how much would a training complex cost to run each year? Would we really attract Ā£100,000 worth of usage each year, when there are already many such pitches in the Borough? Just hope there is a multi millionaire Dale fan around to invest millions in the Club and willing to lose potentially hundreds of thousands of pounds each year.

Before costs: thatā€™s 2k a week, Ā£275 a day, factoring in a pitch could be used for 10-12 hours a day, youā€™d hope it would be at least that by splitting one pitch up. It used to be about Ā£80 for a full pitch for an hour and that was years ago.

A lot will be depend on location and who would want to be regulars there but 100k seems very achievable.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2023 21:16]

Chairman's Statement on 21:34 - Jan 5 with 8948 views100notout

Chairman's Statement on 20:47 - Jan 5 by foreverhopefulDale

I'm sure I read somewhere that the club spend Ā£500k a year for various training facilities for all of the teams so if it did cost Ā£100k a year to run that would be an immediate saving of Ā£400k a year BEFORE any income generation

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Chairman's Statement on 21:43 - Jan 5 with 8899 viewsJames1980

A fan owned club needs enough fans not just buying shares but sitting in the stadium on a matchday.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Chairman's Statement on 23:02 - Jan 5 with 8670 views442Dale

The results of this could have an impact with possible talk of ā€œmore money going from the Premier League down to the EFLā€

Chairman's Statement on 23:22 - Jan 5 with 8631 viewsJames1980

Why aren't we selling half season tickets?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Chairman's Statement on 23:33 - Jan 5 with 8582 viewsD_Alien

Chairman's Statement on 23:22 - Jan 5 by James1980

Why aren't we selling half season tickets?

Come on James, you'd have to be a masochist to buy one given where we are. The costs of producing them would almost certainly outweigh any income, and bearing in mind that if our form does pick up, we'd also see more fans through the turnstiles paying full whack, in "great escape" mode
[Post edited 5 Jan 2023 23:58]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Chairman's Statement on 07:56 - Jan 6 with 8323 viewsEllDale

Incredibly loyal as they are it will be interesting to see how many home fans are at tomorrowā€™s game.
An impressive majority of the core supporters are season ticket holders but even the loyalty of some may well have been dented by recent performances.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024