Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairman's Statement 17:02 - Jan 5 with 42582 viewsHullDale

Chairman's Statement on 08:11 - Jan 6 with 4462 viewsTalkingSutty

Chairman's Statement on 07:56 - Jan 6 by EllDale

Incredibly loyal as they are it will be interesting to see how many home fans are at tomorrowā€™s game.
An impressive majority of the core supporters are season ticket holders but even the loyalty of some may well have been dented by recent performances.

We are only half way through the season, i would be surprised if any fans have thrown the towel in already, especially the season ticket holders. Every game should be treated like a cup final now and the next two home games are massive, the fans need to redouble their efforts if they can and so do the players, this is far from a lost cause.
Chairman's Statement on 08:58 - Jan 6 with 4358 viewsTomRAFC

The intruiging part of the Chairman's update is that, if we move away from fan ownership/get an outside investor, the money could be spent on X, Y, Z etc. Lovely tempting shiny new things. Who wouldn't want that?

I don't foresee anyone putting the figures being suggested into Dale without wanting control of the club. We'd have little to no influence on how that person chooses to spend money at the club.

That would be their prerogative, but the chairman's suggestions of where money could be spent doesn't mean that's how it would be spent.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2023 9:21]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Chairman's Statement on 09:58 - Jan 6 with 4197 viewsJames1980

Chairman's Statement on 23:33 - Jan 5 by D_Alien

Come on James, you'd have to be a masochist to buy one given where we are. The costs of producing them would almost certainly outweigh any income, and bearing in mind that if our form does pick up, we'd also see more fans through the turnstiles paying full whack, in "great escape" mode
[Post edited 5 Jan 2023 23:58]

Very good points DA, Let's hope that upturn in form happens.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Chairman's Statement on 10:09 - Jan 6 with 4159 viewsTrev

I'm sure we'd all like a club owned training ground but I'm not sure why such a big deal is being made out of it. Unless you are a multi millionaire Rochdale fan why would you pump Ā£5m into the club for them to spend it on that? All so the club can generate Ā£100k per year and still be losing Ā£600k? If they wanted any kind of ROI they'd be waiting a long time!
Chairman's Statement on 13:54 - Jan 6 with 3844 views49thseason

Chairman's Statement on 10:09 - Jan 6 by Trev

I'm sure we'd all like a club owned training ground but I'm not sure why such a big deal is being made out of it. Unless you are a multi millionaire Rochdale fan why would you pump Ā£5m into the club for them to spend it on that? All so the club can generate Ā£100k per year and still be losing Ā£600k? If they wanted any kind of ROI they'd be waiting a long time!

The short answer is that you owned the facility and allowed RAFC to use it for a nominal amount per year, if the club were to go elbows up, you would still own the whole thing with a reasonable chance of either making money from it by renting it out or could feasably sell the land as a building plot.
As far as RAFC is concerned they would save money on not having to pay for pitches to train on ( seniors and academy) and play academy games on and apparent saving of Ā£500k as a minimum, with an income from a 4G pitch which would cover much of the cost of running the facility.
Chairman's Statement on 19:58 - Jan 6 with 3544 views442Dale

Chairman's Statement on 23:02 - Jan 5 by 442Dale

The results of this could have an impact with possible talk of ā€œmore money going from the Premier League down to the EFLā€

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64191971

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Chairman's Statement on 20:15 - Jan 6 with 3490 viewspioneer

Chairman's Statement on 19:58 - Jan 6 by 442Dale

So more games for those clubs already screaming about fixture congestionā€¦.yes it all makes sense.

Drives a further wedge between the haves ( the top 6 or so of prem league) and the rest.

The lower leagues would be signing their own death certificate if they agree to this, not that it will need their agreement of course. The top 6 will threaten to join a euro super league if they dont get their way and so it will happen.

I hope I am wrong.
Chairman's Statement on 20:32 - Jan 6 with 3436 views442Dale

Chairman's Statement on 20:15 - Jan 6 by pioneer

So more games for those clubs already screaming about fixture congestionā€¦.yes it all makes sense.

Drives a further wedge between the haves ( the top 6 or so of prem league) and the rest.

The lower leagues would be signing their own death certificate if they agree to this, not that it will need their agreement of course. The top 6 will threaten to join a euro super league if they dont get their way and so it will happen.

I hope I am wrong.

The big question is what figure would end up making its way to Dale and what impact that could have on us.

For example, if it was another 500k a year it could impact decision making around how much control weā€™d want any investor to have. Of course, the timeline of it all might make that conversation irrelevant.

Login to get fewer ads

Chairman's Statement on 20:56 - Jan 6 with 3369 viewsD_Alien

Chairman's Statement on 20:32 - Jan 6 by 442Dale

The big question is what figure would end up making its way to Dale and what impact that could have on us.

For example, if it was another 500k a year it could impact decision making around how much control weā€™d want any investor to have. Of course, the timeline of it all might make that conversation irrelevant.

If we think about how we, as Dale fans felt, after our home draws against Spurs and Newcastle, the prospect of not having an away replay at places like Wembley and St. James Park would imo take something of real significance away from the national game, not to mention the financial benefit from those fixtures

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Chairman's Statement on 21:02 - Jan 6 with 3336 views442Dale

Chairman's Statement on 20:56 - Jan 6 by D_Alien

If we think about how we, as Dale fans felt, after our home draws against Spurs and Newcastle, the prospect of not having an away replay at places like Wembley and St. James Park would imo take something of real significance away from the national game, not to mention the financial benefit from those fixtures

Very true. The game is on a slippery slope and itā€™s pretty rubbish that so much focus has moved away from what actually happens on the pitch.

Chairman's Statement on 21:52 - Jan 6 with 3168 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Chairman's Statement on 20:15 - Jan 6 by pioneer

I hope I am wrong.

Iā€™m convinced that utd & city would be more than happy if all the clubs immediately round them went under. My mates lad opened my eyes recently regarding football finances, these days itā€™s all about ā€œhitsā€ on clubā€™s social media channels that feed into advertising revenues on those same platforms. The top 6 clubs, or those that aspire to be, see the FA cup as at best an unwelcome distraction & the League cup as a total irrelevance.
They are looking to the future, they couldnā€™t care less about the older supporters, they know itā€™s becoming harder to attract youngsters to lower league football with the multiple other diversions available today & are targeting that very audience both here & particularly abroad.
Fans in stadia are only of value if theyā€™re splashing out at the club shop or ideally a tourist on a package deal involving a club affiliated hotel etcā€¦ & empty seats look bad on tvā€¦
Sadly I think that itā€™s up to all non PL (especially those in European competitions) clubs to look out for themselves.
Chairman's Statement on 22:00 - Jan 6 with 3132 views49thseason

Chairman's Statement on 21:02 - Jan 6 by 442Dale

Very true. The game is on a slippery slope and itā€™s pretty rubbish that so much focus has moved away from what actually happens on the pitch.

If there is an opportunity to stab L1 and L2 in,the back, its a certainty that the EFL will take it, their whole operation is designed to keep the biggest clubs at the top and the devil take the hindmost. Whatever the Prem wants, you can be sure the EFL will not oppose it because they are incapable of running the 3 divisions without taking the Prems dirty money. The fish rots from the head and the EFL fish head is utterly rotten, hence the requirement for the vast majority of clubs, regardless of crowd size, to have a benevolent owner. As a business model it stinks and needs urgent surgery.
Chairman's Statement on 22:33 - Jan 6 with 3049 viewsmikehunt

Iā€™ve said this for a long time now: it should be up to the clubs themselves to decide whether they want a replay or not; not be railroaded by the top six teams into something that only really benefits them.
I get that some teams might not want a replay so, should one team decide they donā€™t want a replay then that is the overriding decision. If both teams want one, two, three replays then so be it. Why not? It would keep the fans happy; earn the clubs a few bob extra and keep TV happy with more matches to televise.
The more they mess around with the format of the game, solely to benefit the big teams, the less likely I will continue watching it.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Chairman's Statement on 22:36 - Jan 6 with 3036 views49thseason

Some more thoughts,... if the Prem clubs want to continue to play in the FA cup without replays, they should start at round 1 not round 3 and should not be allowed to field weakened teams.
L1 and L2 should force the EFL to organise L1 North and L1 South, it provides less travel and bigger crowds, similarly the national League should regionalise.
The League Cup should become the EFL Cup with no Premiership involvement. But still with the final at Wembley.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2023 23:59]
Chairman's Statement on 23:31 - Jan 6 with 2934 viewsSandyman

Chairman's Statement on 19:58 - Jan 6 by 442Dale

Article written by Simon Stone.

Past performance suggests his take on things isn't reliable. His research has been proven to be staggeringly poor - believes what any chancer tells him.

We never forget.
Chairman's Statement on 23:47 - Jan 6 with 2905 viewskel

Chairman's Statement on 23:31 - Jan 6 by Sandyman

Article written by Simon Stone.

Past performance suggests his take on things isn't reliable. His research has been proven to be staggeringly poor - believes what any chancer tells him.

We never forget.

Do we know if heā€™s ever attended that game he said he would when invited?

Iā€™m going to take a wild guess at no.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2023 23:48]
Chairman's Statement on 07:10 - Jan 7 with 2716 viewshammerdale

Chairman's Statement on 21:52 - Jan 6 by Plattyswrinklynuts

Iā€™m convinced that utd & city would be more than happy if all the clubs immediately round them went under. My mates lad opened my eyes recently regarding football finances, these days itā€™s all about ā€œhitsā€ on clubā€™s social media channels that feed into advertising revenues on those same platforms. The top 6 clubs, or those that aspire to be, see the FA cup as at best an unwelcome distraction & the League cup as a total irrelevance.
They are looking to the future, they couldnā€™t care less about the older supporters, they know itā€™s becoming harder to attract youngsters to lower league football with the multiple other diversions available today & are targeting that very audience both here & particularly abroad.
Fans in stadia are only of value if theyā€™re splashing out at the club shop or ideally a tourist on a package deal involving a club affiliated hotel etcā€¦ & empty seats look bad on tvā€¦
Sadly I think that itā€™s up to all non PL (especially those in European competitions) clubs to look out for themselves.

Well said, it's a disgrace that the Premier League has so much power in football, especially the so called top 6 and with the likes of Newcastle joining them, they will have even more power. Listen to Klopp saying he doesn't want FA Cup replays, forgetting that they are the bread and butter of lower league clubs, I can remember the days when Liverpool were a crap Second Division side, grateful for a bob or two.
Chairman's Statement on 07:29 - Jan 7 with 2704 viewsHullDale

Chairman's Statement on 23:47 - Jan 6 by kel

Do we know if heā€™s ever attended that game he said he would when invited?

Iā€™m going to take a wild guess at no.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2023 23:48]

Voted down by mistake.

I saw loads of people messaging him on twitter after the board confirmed the purchase of shares, and again after the mortgage was paid off, so he can't have forgotten about it.

Maybe his 'source' told him how big and scary Dale fans are so he doesn't want to come.
Chairman's Statement on 16:58 - Jan 8 with 2124 viewsDaleGatto

Chairman's Statement on 07:10 - Jan 7 by hammerdale

Well said, it's a disgrace that the Premier League has so much power in football, especially the so called top 6 and with the likes of Newcastle joining them, they will have even more power. Listen to Klopp saying he doesn't want FA Cup replays, forgetting that they are the bread and butter of lower league clubs, I can remember the days when Liverpool were a crap Second Division side, grateful for a bob or two.

To be fair Klopp has a point IMHO. If we are relying on replays for small clubs as a financial lifeline then something with the structure is totally wrong - it's a professional league system, not the Hungar Games!!

I get DA's point about the attraction of getting a game to visit those stadia etc. but I honestly think those clubs are gonna be gone to a Super League soon so it could be a moot point.

Something has to give sooner or later as the current financial status of professional football is untenable.
Chairman's Statement on 19:48 - Jan 8 with 1828 viewsmikehunt

I think you will find that the super league clubs will want their cake and eat it.
They wonā€™t be able to stand not playing in the domestic competitions. Just watch them wangle it so they are allowed to enter in to cup comps at the quarter final stages.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Chairman's Statement on 19:57 - Jan 8 with 1795 viewsD_Alien

Chairman's Statement on 19:48 - Jan 8 by mikehunt

I think you will find that the super league clubs will want their cake and eat it.
They wonā€™t be able to stand not playing in the domestic competitions. Just watch them wangle it so they are allowed to enter in to cup comps at the quarter final stages.

The point was made during the Sheff Wed v Newcastle commentary, that Newcastle are desperate for silverware. They have an EFL Cup fixture on Tuesday against Charlton, and you can bet they'll be starting with a stronger team than they did yesterday

Probably 12-15 clubs that fancy themselves as silverware contenders so i agree, they'll want to keep a slice of every cake that's going, for the leaner times such as Chelsea are having and to some extent Liverpool, or Man U for the past five seasons

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Chairman's Statement on 20:07 - Jan 8 with 1754 views49thseason

Chairman's Statement on 20:32 - Jan 6 by 442Dale

The problem being that every other club will get whatever Dale gets and most would sink it into the playing budget meaning that the wages and transfer fees would just soak up the extra cash. We need to close the money gap between ourselves and other clubs that have bigger crowds and better commercial departments, to do that we will still need an investor to enable fundamental changes to take place. A training centre, an expanded commercial operation, maybe building a new, bigger main stand with better facilities for conferences, exhibitions, a restaurant, a take away, etc. Things that are open 365 days per year and do not rely on 2000 fans to cough up more.
Chairman's Statement on 20:20 - Jan 8 with 1708 viewsblackdogblue

At how much to build itā€¦..Ā£500k as an estimate.. probably double that..

Hmmmā€¦.I donā€™t want to say it so saying nowtā€¦.

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Chairman's Statement on 20:25 - Jan 8 with 1698 viewsRAFCBLUE

Chairman's Statement on 19:48 - Jan 8 by mikehunt

The TV deals for the Premier League, Bundesliga, Serie A and Lique 1 all mature in 2024/25, 24 months away and those 4 leagues generate 4.3 bn euros per season. If you add La Liga then the top 5 leagues in the world generate over 5.0 bn euros per season.

The Euro Super League will most likely be:
1. Liverpool
2. Manchester United
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
5. Manchester City
6. Newcastle United
7. AC Milan
8. Inter Milan
9. Juventus
10. Roma
11. Napoli
12. Lazio
13. Paris SG
14. Monaco
15. Lyon
16. Marseille
17. Bayern
18. Dortmund
19. Leipzig
20. SC Frieberg
21. Barcelona
22. Real Madrid
23. Athletico Madrid
24. Real Sociedad

3 rounds of games on a Saturday and Sunday:
1pm GMT - 2 fixtures
4pm GMT - 2 fixtures
7pm GMT - 2 fixtures

It will be broadcast around the world to an international audience and see weekend's of international travel to major European cities become the norm. UEFA trialed it for Euro 2021 and the TV figures were good.

The 24 clubs entering it will play 46 fixtures with eight weeks off over the Summer. No Champions League midweekers, no national cup games.

Lob in a 2nd division the following season with some promotion / relegation and 24 lesser European teams and then the best 48 will draw out from Europe completely and play for the money.

The local game in each country will be destroyed but the TV companies will have their cake and the clubs will always dance to the tune of the paymaster.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Chairman's Statement on 20:27 - Jan 8 with 1687 viewsTVOS1907

Chairman's Statement on 19:57 - Jan 8 by D_Alien

The point was made during the Sheff Wed v Newcastle commentary, that Newcastle are desperate for silverware. They have an EFL Cup fixture on Tuesday against Charlton, and you can bet they'll be starting with a stronger team than they did yesterday

Probably 12-15 clubs that fancy themselves as silverware contenders so i agree, they'll want to keep a slice of every cake that's going, for the leaner times such as Chelsea are having and to some extent Liverpool, or Man U for the past five seasons

Newcastle play Leicester in the Carabao Cup; it's Man U v Charlton (not Bobby).

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024