Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just another game after all? 16:57 - Oct 4 with 3960 viewsolympicdale

Given all the build up to this game I was a bit disappointed with the atmosphere and general lack of banter, had a low key feel to it, and felt like it was just another game, and given all the hype it was quite flat.

Barnsley clearly wanted this game more, they never dominated fully, and clearly caught us on a bad day, they set up not to lose the game, playing an extremely high line and in the end got away with a fortunate win.

Life is a game of fate.

Just another game after all? on 17:06 - Oct 4 with 2872 views442Dale

The tone was set with Lund being chosen from the start. Fair play to Barnsley , early goal and never looked in much trouble despite Vincenti's two decent chances. Their no.4 Berry was decent but Allen was the best player on the park in a surprisingly (yet not) low key, humdrum, and average affair.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2014 17:12]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just another game after all? on 17:12 - Oct 4 with 2826 viewsboromat

We played well today were the better team for the majority conceded a poor goal and was just unfortunate to get back into it. Barnsley's bus was well parked.

Oh and did anyone else think Dawson was terrible?
[Post edited 4 Oct 2014 17:18]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Just another game after all? on 17:15 - Oct 4 with 2793 viewsShun

Don't like Barnsley anymore. Ah well, we still have the best manager in the league. And Ian Henderson.

They deserved the win. I thought Cole was their best player although the annoying twerp Hourihane played ok too.
Just another game after all? on 17:24 - Oct 4 with 2752 views1907

Barnsley were dire. Absolutely dire. We were better but still poor. First half we defended like a team that had never played together.

On another day we would have annihilated them 3 or 4 nowt. Just didn't happen for us today. Vincenti fluffed his lines quite a few times in the first half. Think it just wasn't meant to be.

I'd be pretty disappointed if I was a Barnsley fan at the minute anyway because I couldn't watch that hoof ball crap every week.

On to Tuesday
Just another game after all? on 17:25 - Oct 4 with 2738 views442Dale

Just another game after all? on 17:15 - Oct 4 by Shun

Don't like Barnsley anymore. Ah well, we still have the best manager in the league. And Ian Henderson.

They deserved the win. I thought Cole was their best player although the annoying twerp Hourihane played ok too.

Henderson wasn't at all influential today. It was another reason why we never really troubled them. If Hery was fit, he should have started.

Just another game after all? on 17:28 - Oct 4 with 2723 viewsAlexF

the most disappointing result I can remember in many a year, KH deserved better from the players.
Just another game after all? on 17:29 - Oct 4 with 2710 viewsYouTubeDale

We couldn't get our game going. A real shame they scored first and not only that but so early on. That allowed them to time waste soooooooo many times, and our goalie would have been booked for it, but no, the ref turned a blind eye to it. It spoilt the game for me. It's cowardly. Like kicking someone in the nuts and then running away instead of fighting.

Yes, Vincenti put the ball wide. He set himself up for a shot which went over. In the first half the ball went through their defence more than once but we couldn't poke it home. Done had about 3 chances, not great chances, but they were blocked, or just wide.
Vincenti wasn't winning his headers or they were falling short. Logan's passing wasn't up to the mark, although he made a brilliant save for the pen. Tanser's crosses were woeful at times. Hery should have passed instead of shooting, then he fell at the wrong moment. O'Connell's passes forward were off the mark at times. Hendo couldn't get into the game properly. Dawson tried and tried but couldn't quite make that break through. All this added up. It just wasn't our day.

They were up for it. And in the end the difference was a piece of very sloppy marking on a pedigree player. It was written that Ramage would score.

I feel desperately sorry for Keith Hill. I wanted a win for him today.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2014 17:35]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Just another game after all? on 17:33 - Oct 4 with 2663 views1907

O'Connell for me is one of the best players we've ever had, however his distribution today was absolutely woeful. Think him and Lancashire must have been having nightmares about what Winnall did to them last season because first half they looked shit scared
Login to get fewer ads

Just another game after all? on 17:38 - Oct 4 with 2625 views100notout

I think Hilly got it wrong today - was really surprised to see Lund in the starting line up. Why he started in place of Hery I'll never know. Not only was Lund not match fit but we lost the creativity of Hery in midfield.

Taking Lund off was the right decision but to replace him with Andrew (?) Strange decision.

Thought Tanser did really well today - he had a tough job against Cole who I thought was their MOM. Respect to Cole too he could have easily gone down in the first half and got a penalty but kept on going

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Just another game after all? on 17:43 - Oct 4 with 2582 viewsolympicdale

Just another game after all? on 17:15 - Oct 4 by Shun

I thought their number 44, Danny Welbeck was their best player, hurricane was just annoying, and Winnell, not his day summed him up.

Hendo was oblivious mostly, and it seemed to affect the overall team performance.

ah well, onto Tuesday, get a few goals and get the confidence back up.

Life is a game of fate.

Just another game after all? on 17:45 - Oct 4 with 2556 viewsdingdangblue

Just another game after all? on 17:33 - Oct 4 by 1907

O'Connell for me is one of the best players we've ever had, however his distribution today was absolutely woeful. Think him and Lancashire must have been having nightmares about what Winnall did to them last season because first half they looked shit scared

How Winnall didn't get a yellow is beyond me? 3 late challenges in the 2nd half when the ball was never there to be won. Very sly player but got away with it along with their time wasting. 4 mins added? 6 substitutions should have seen 30 secs added for each
so the ref added 1 min on top of that. And he got the Barnsley players head injury all wrong in the 1st half. Continuing play for their attack then stopping play when we got the ball? Anyway quite a flat performance in the 2nd half but Barnsley killed the game and our substitutions made us worse again. Onwards and upwards - I'd rather be watching us than them and Jamie Allen is just the pass master.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Just another game after all? on 17:57 - Oct 4 with 2469 viewsolympicdale

Just another game after all? on 17:38 - Oct 4 by 100notout

I think Hilly got it wrong today - was really surprised to see Lund in the starting line up. Why he started in place of Hery I'll never know. Not only was Lund not match fit but we lost the creativity of Hery in midfield.

Taking Lund off was the right decision but to replace him with Andrew (?) Strange decision.

Thought Tanser did really well today - he had a tough job against Cole who I thought was their MOM. Respect to Cole too he could have easily gone down in the first half and got a penalty but kept on going

Tanser wasted chance after chance to get a decent cross in, he was getting in great crossing positions, but time after time rushing his crosses.

Lund starting the game was a big mistake, there was no zip in midfield, he clearly wasn't up to the pace of the game, and unless Hery was injured it didn't make much sense, Hery was selfish on more than one occasion, needed to look up more then just taking a shot, but having his presence with Allen was desperately lacking.

A word on Joe Bunney too, sadly he doesn't look up to it right now, we need to look at maybe sending him out on loan, he needs game time and needs to bulk up a bit.

Life is a game of fate.

Just another game after all? on 17:58 - Oct 4 with 2466 viewsD_Alien

Just another game after all? on 17:12 - Oct 4 by boromat

We played well today were the better team for the majority conceded a poor goal and was just unfortunate to get back into it. Barnsley's bus was well parked.

Oh and did anyone else think Dawson was terrible?
[Post edited 4 Oct 2014 17:18]

Dawson started like he was wearing lead boots, and it was his poor control which produced the break upfield, resulting corner and goal. I thought he got better and more influential but overall not a game he'll want to remember.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Just another game after all? on 18:07 - Oct 4 with 2405 views442Dale

Just another game after all? on 17:58 - Oct 4 by D_Alien

Dawson started like he was wearing lead boots, and it was his poor control which produced the break upfield, resulting corner and goal. I thought he got better and more influential but overall not a game he'll want to remember.

He was all over the shop early on. Didn't understand sticking him at right back either.

We're doing fantastically well but mistakes were made with selections today, I'm sure we'll learn from them.

Just another game after all? on 18:17 - Oct 4 with 2341 viewsboromat

Would like to see Lund, Allen and Hery play in midfield on Tuesday. Or maybe give Allen a rest and give Cannon a game. For me Dawson is 4th best.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Just another game after all? on 18:39 - Oct 4 with 2227 viewsirisaln

Just another game after all? on 17:57 - Oct 4 by olympicdale

Tanser wasted chance after chance to get a decent cross in, he was getting in great crossing positions, but time after time rushing his crosses.

Lund starting the game was a big mistake, there was no zip in midfield, he clearly wasn't up to the pace of the game, and unless Hery was injured it didn't make much sense, Hery was selfish on more than one occasion, needed to look up more then just taking a shot, but having his presence with Allen was desperately lacking.

A word on Joe Bunney too, sadly he doesn't look up to it right now, we need to look at maybe sending him out on loan, he needs game time and needs to bulk up a bit.

Bunney has become the new Donnelly. He is not strong enough to be ready to feature at this level. He needs to go out on loan for a time.

Henderson has not been the player that he was in league 2. Maybe time to rest him!

Problem once again from a corner and the scorer got a free header.

However, a great effort today but Dale had enough chances to score and didn't take them.

Great penalty save once again from Logan. Please KH buy him.

Lets see how we perform against an improved Walsall on Tuesday evening.
Just another game after all? on 18:44 - Oct 4 with 2190 viewsBartRowou

Just another game after all? on 18:39 - Oct 4 by irisaln

Bunney has become the new Donnelly. He is not strong enough to be ready to feature at this level. He needs to go out on loan for a time.

Henderson has not been the player that he was in league 2. Maybe time to rest him!

However, a great effort today but Dale had enough chances to score and didn't take them.

That comment about Henderson seriously undermines any opinion you can have about football.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Just another game after all? on 19:01 - Oct 4 with 2123 viewsolympicdale

Just another game after all? on 18:39 - Oct 4 by irisaln

Ian Henderson who has 5 goals in 10 games, and has been integral in our turn around playing up top with Done, you're right, Hendo out!!

Life is a game of fate.

Just another game after all? on 19:03 - Oct 4 with 2108 viewsolympicdale

Just another game after all? on 18:17 - Oct 4 by boromat

Would like to see Lund, Allen and Hery play in midfield on Tuesday. Or maybe give Allen a rest and give Cannon a game. For me Dawson is 4th best.

Ive been really impressed with Dawson's recent form, once he's been back to fitness he's looked vital to how the team play, certainly wouldn't drop him right now.

Life is a game of fate.

Just another game after all? on 19:16 - Oct 4 with 2064 viewsRosun

Saw the line up and wondered how they would accommodate Lund. Simple answer was that they didn't. Hendo ended up playing too deep, often just in front of his own back four. Lancashire and O'Connell started off playing like total strangers.

Maybe Hery should have started with the option of Lund coming on from the bench.
Just another game after all? on 20:11 - Oct 4 with 1879 viewsbatman

Just another game after all? on 19:16 - Oct 4 by Rosun

Saw the line up and wondered how they would accommodate Lund. Simple answer was that they didn't. Hendo ended up playing too deep, often just in front of his own back four. Lancashire and O'Connell started off playing like total strangers.

Maybe Hery should have started with the option of Lund coming on from the bench.

This.
Thought particularly in 2nd half we were devoid of a different option
Heny may have, with more direct running at the centre of their (deep lying)
Defence , created them more problems than we did.
Fair play to Barnsley, got the goal then played out the classic away performance.
Just another game after all? on 20:29 - Oct 4 with 1818 viewsanimal8

I think everybody has gone over the top about our performance. We did not play that bad ,because the bookies made us favourites a lot of people thought we would win easily today.In my mind Barnsley should have been favs having come down from the championship.It shows how far we have come when we sulk about losing to Barnsley and not Bury .
Just another game after all? on 22:03 - Oct 4 with 1556 viewsirisaln

Just another game after all? on 19:01 - Oct 4 by olympicdale

Ian Henderson who has 5 goals in 10 games, and has been integral in our turn around playing up top with Done, you're right, Hendo out!!

More lies it's 13 games.

One was an own goal and one a gifted penalty.

So it's 4 goals and 1 penalty in 13 games. NOT THAT GOOD!!!!

Learn to count or get back ti school.
Just another game after all? on 22:10 - Oct 4 with 1519 viewsDaley_Lama

Just another game after all? on 20:29 - Oct 4 by animal8

I think everybody has gone over the top about our performance. We did not play that bad ,because the bookies made us favourites a lot of people thought we would win easily today.In my mind Barnsley should have been favs having come down from the championship.It shows how far we have come when we sulk about losing to Barnsley and not Bury .

Must have watched a different game to most on here myself, cracking League 1 game, both keepers made absolutely brilliant saves, Cole was a cut above for them, Winnall needs a new banjo.

Logan was my Dale man of the match.

Poll: DF in or out

Just another game after all? on 22:28 - Oct 4 with 1457 views442Dale

Just another game after all? on 22:03 - Oct 4 by irisaln

More lies it's 13 games.

One was an own goal and one a gifted penalty.

So it's 4 goals and 1 penalty in 13 games. NOT THAT GOOD!!!!

Learn to count or get back ti school.

It's twelve. He didn't play in the JPT. And as he didn't score in the first two games it's five in ten games.

Two penalties as well. What was the own goal?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024