Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM Interview with off the ball 07:22 - May 21 with 3391 viewsJB_RAFC

BBM Interview with off the ball on 10:47 - May 21 with 3146 views49thseason

Interesting , some useful insights into how he works. It was particularly interesting to hear that he thought he club was OK financially for the coming season, because they slashed the overheads last year. Maybe clubs that didnt cut their budgets last season will struggle this year.
If the club had done an interview like this a couple of weeks ago it might have eased many of our worries and concerns, particularly around the comings and goings of the squad. Shame we have to wait for an Irish interview to really get a better view of how BBM operates and get some real details on the likes of Bazunu and Grant and their progression.
BBM Interview with off the ball on 12:05 - May 21 with 3012 viewsRippDale

I think the interview sums up the malaise at the club. He's not really that bothered about being a manager, not really bothered about the division we are in, not bothered about results but it's about player development and future profit for the club. His positivity is so misguided and his loyalty to his players. He is not ruthless enough to make the hard decisions needed to be a manager. His position is player development in an academy and not leading a 1st team
BBM Interview with off the ball on 12:42 - May 21 with 2904 viewsD_Alien

BBM Interview with off the ball on 12:05 - May 21 by RippDale

I think the interview sums up the malaise at the club. He's not really that bothered about being a manager, not really bothered about the division we are in, not bothered about results but it's about player development and future profit for the club. His positivity is so misguided and his loyalty to his players. He is not ruthless enough to make the hard decisions needed to be a manager. His position is player development in an academy and not leading a 1st team

1,000,000% correct

(It seems he understands hyperbole)

I'm finding it impossible to listen to anything he says, tbh. Young wannabes might take some notice but seasoned professionals? No wonder our tactics consistently fail, they'll have stopped listening to him too

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

BBM Interview with off the ball on 13:04 - May 21 with 2820 viewsjacko_dale

David Preece tweeted out that interview earlier calling him an 'excellent manager' and said he will go far. I responded by telling him that a few Dale fans might disagree to which he replied "I've seen him work first hand, he will go on to bigger and better things".

I wish I shared his optimism.
BBM Interview with off the ball on 13:16 - May 21 with 2791 viewsAtThePeake

BBM Interview with off the ball on 13:04 - May 21 by jacko_dale

David Preece tweeted out that interview earlier calling him an 'excellent manager' and said he will go far. I responded by telling him that a few Dale fans might disagree to which he replied "I've seen him work first hand, he will go on to bigger and better things".

Strange one that. A few months ago he tweeted that viral clip of Russel Martin's interview at MK talking about philosophies and processes. I asked him at what point do you question the process given that we had at that time won 1 in 16 and gone six games without a goal. He said:

"Depends on many things but like any philosophy there has to be progress."

Does relegation count as progress now or something?

Tangled up in blue.

BBM Interview with off the ball on 13:23 - May 21 with 2779 viewsjacko_dale

BBM Interview with off the ball on 13:16 - May 21 by AtThePeake

Strange one that. A few months ago he tweeted that viral clip of Russel Martin's interview at MK talking about philosophies and processes. I asked him at what point do you question the process given that we had at that time won 1 in 16 and gone six games without a goal. He said:

I remember that exchange now you mention it.

He also mentioned that BBM started the season with a threadbare squad because we had a 'bottom three budget'. I suppose finishing fourth bottom is technically over-achieving on a bottom three budget, but you've got to be really clutching at straws to see it that way!
BBM Interview with off the ball on 13:29 - May 21 with 2763 viewsSuddenLad

I'm sure he'll go on to bigger and better things.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

BBM Interview with off the ball on 13:39 - May 21 with 2732 viewsRotherhamDale

BBM Interview with off the ball on 13:29 - May 21 by SuddenLad

He can go now if he likes, and take Dooley with him

Possession with progression.

Login to get fewer ads

BBM Interview with off the ball on 14:00 - May 21 with 2670 viewsD_Alien

BBM Interview with off the ball on 13:29 - May 21 by SuddenLad

Such as what? Give us an example of what you envisage he'll achieve, and at what level

BBM Interview with off the ball on 14:14 - May 21 with 2612 viewsSuddenLad

BBM Interview with off the ball on 14:00 - May 21 by D_Alien

Such as what? Give us an example of what you envisage he'll achieve, and at what level

I'm not Mystic Meg, but in my opinion, he will be a success at a higher level than this as either a manager or a coach. If you don't think so, that's your prerogative.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

BBM Interview with off the ball on 14:18 - May 21 with 2598 viewsD_Alien

BBM Interview with off the ball on 14:14 - May 21 by SuddenLad

I'm not Mystic Meg, but in my opinion, he will be a success at a higher level than this as either a manager or a coach. If you don't think so, that's your prerogative.

I didn't ask for a precise illumination of his future, just an example to show us what you think he's capable of; but thanks for the reply

BBM Interview with off the ball on 17:27 - May 21 with 2329 viewsTVOS1907

BBM Interview with off the ball on 14:14 - May 21 by SuddenLad

Can you give some examples of what leads you to form that opinion?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

BBM Interview with off the ball on 17:28 - May 21 with 2328 viewsblackdogblue

BBM Interview with off the ball on 13:39 - May 21 by RotherhamDale

That made me lol

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

BBM Interview with off the ball on 17:39 - May 21 with 2291 viewsnordenblue

BBM Interview with off the ball on 13:16 - May 21 by AtThePeake

Relegation has progressed the length of his contract,thats definitely a positive........well for him at least
BBM Interview with off the ball on 17:50 - May 21 with 2249 viewsTVOS1907

Just read that exchange. Who's David Preece, when he's at home? He's certainly not the former Luton player!

He sounds a bit like Andy May, who tried sticking up for Simpson in 2002/03 solely based on him having seen us against Wolves in the FA Cup.

Fortunately, a Dale fan managed to get through on Radio Bolton and told him "You sound like an ex-team-mate of Paul Simpson's rather than someone who has seen every game this season."

That shut him up!
[Post edited 21 May 2021 17:59]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

BBM Interview with off the ball on 17:55 - May 21 with 2240 viewsHopwoodblue

BBM Interview with off the ball on 17:39 - May 21 by nordenblue

Relegation has progressed the length of his contract,thats definitely a positive........well for him at least

If we are in the top half next season come December will that lead to a secret 5yr contract extension ?
He might go on to better things but probably at our expense, like the loanees he brings in to cut their teeth at Dale and make the mistakes that lead to relegation before returning to their parent clubs and going on to better things !

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

BBM Interview with off the ball on 18:16 - May 21 with 2171 views442Dale

Players, coaches and managers may progress and play international football and get moves elsewhere, but if the club isn’t progressing then it is all pointless.

Note: Graham Barrow went onto bigger and better things in his career.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

BBM Interview with off the ball on 19:15 - May 21 with 2050 viewsShun

BBM Interview with off the ball on 13:39 - May 21 by RotherhamDale

Almost did quite recently (at a bigger and better club).
BBM Interview with off the ball on 19:16 - May 21 with 2050 viewsjonahwhereru

BBM Interview with off the ball on 14:18 - May 21 by D_Alien

I didn't ask for a precise illumination of his future, just an example to show us what you think he's capable of; but thanks for the reply

I’ll give a shot at a prediction.
Within 5 years he will be on the first team coaching staff of a premier league club, like Steve Parkin was. I think he has talents that will make him a viable proposition at the level. The alternative i see is that he says stuff this, and returns to Ireland to manage on of the top teams over there. Not prediction mind on how successful he would be in that management role.
BBM Interview with off the ball on 19:51 - May 21 with 1961 viewsD_Alien

BBM Interview with off the ball on 19:16 - May 21 by jonahwhereru

I’ll give a shot at a prediction.
Within 5 years he will be on the first team coaching staff of a premier league club, like Steve Parkin was. I think he has talents that will make him a viable proposition at the level. The alternative i see is that he says stuff this, and returns to Ireland to manage on of the top teams over there. Not prediction mind on how successful he would be in that management role.

Yep, that's not a bad call: on the coaching staff but not in management

It'd be a moot point if managing in Ireland could be seen as "a higher level" but at least you've given it a shot which widens the debate rather than narrows it

BBM Interview with off the ball on 11:05 - May 22 with 1615 viewsjonahwhereru

BBM Interview with off the ball on 19:51 - May 21 by D_Alien

Yep, that's not a bad call: on the coaching staff but not in management

It'd be a moot point if managing in Ireland could be seen as "a higher level" but at least you've given it a shot which widens the debate rather than narrows it

The L of I would not be a step up in my mind either. It is just the alternative prediction if he goes for the easier life option.
I wouldn’t blame him for that choice, or take it as him not backing himself.
BBM Interview with off the ball on 16:59 - May 22 with 1269 viewsJames1980

I thought it was interesting what he said about the loan players and for example Man City and Brighton's level of input being similar.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024