Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incoming signing..... 16:09 - Dec 9 with 5869 viewsEllDale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/december/dannylloydsigns_091222/
Incoming signing..... on 16:58 - Dec 9 with 5709 views442Dale

If he’s back towards full fitness, could be a good acquisition.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Incoming signing..... on 17:52 - Dec 9 with 5581 viewselectricblue

It will be interesting to see who he replaces..

What type of midfielder is he!.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Incoming signing..... on 20:20 - Dec 9 with 5331 viewsTVOS1907

First Dale player whose surname starts with the same two letters!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Incoming signing..... on 23:33 - Dec 9 with 5119 viewsChaffRAFC

Incoming signing..... on 17:52 - Dec 9 by electricblue

It will be interesting to see who he replaces..

What type of midfielder is he!.

Winger/attacking midfielder.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Incoming signing..... on 12:49 - Dec 10 with 4685 viewsjonahwhereru

Can’t see a downside to this short term signing. Financially it will be negligible. He will provide cover during a busy period. If he doesn’t cut it he will be gone before the transfer ends. He actually has more league appearances than most of our signings since our relegation. Let’s hope he has a similar impact to Quigs.
Welcome Danny
Incoming signing..... on 14:59 - Dec 10 with 4494 viewsHullDale

Looks a good signing on paper, and reaction from opposition fans on social media (subject to him being fully fit) is overwhelmingly positive.

I wonder if its 1 month initially with a view to longer if we can move somebody else out... with the type of players he looks to be I'd imagine Ball (who is now deleting critical replies to his own social media posts) or Malley will be on their way out.
Incoming signing..... on 15:35 - Dec 10 with 4429 viewselectricblue

I think the logical choice will be malley leaving at the end of the month...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Incoming signing..... on 09:42 - Dec 11 with 3977 viewsNorthernDale

I think the more sensible option would be to send Tulloch back to his parent club, if they are willing to cancel the loan and if Slicker as gone back or is prepared to go back to City, that would create an additional space and possibly money for a further signing.
Login to get fewer ads

Incoming signing..... on 10:29 - Dec 11 with 3915 viewsTVOS1907

Incoming signing..... on 09:42 - Dec 11 by NorthernDale

I think the more sensible option would be to send Tulloch back to his parent club, if they are willing to cancel the loan and if Slicker as gone back or is prepared to go back to City, that would create an additional space and possibly money for a further signing.

It would be even more sensible to release Malley as well.

Incoming signing..... on 19:43 - Dec 11 with 3537 views49thseason

In an ideal world I would be looking to cancel a few contracts due to end in July with some sort of compromise deal, White and, Diagouraga both seemingly mistakes, having contributed the square root of FA, even Keohane is eminently replaceable as a fullback. The problem being that I doubt there is any money to do so. If we could afford to keep Malley, I would, but his leaving might be the only flexibility to bring Lloyd in. Even Henderson isn't contributing enough as things stand.
What's even more worrying in the long term is that Rodney, Sinclair, Taylor, Campbell and Ball will still be here next season too.
Incoming signing..... on 20:02 - Dec 11 with 3512 viewsD_Alien

Incoming signing..... on 19:43 - Dec 11 by 49thseason

In an ideal world I would be looking to cancel a few contracts due to end in July with some sort of compromise deal, White and, Diagouraga both seemingly mistakes, having contributed the square root of FA, even Keohane is eminently replaceable as a fullback. The problem being that I doubt there is any money to do so. If we could afford to keep Malley, I would, but his leaving might be the only flexibility to bring Lloyd in. Even Henderson isn't contributing enough as things stand.
What's even more worrying in the long term is that Rodney, Sinclair, Taylor, Campbell and Ball will still be here next season too.

Some good points there

The thing that interests me, and it's something that could make or break us, is what conclusions EBJ has drawn from his time in charge. I'm pretty damn sure he'll have drawn some, but will rightly have been keeping them as close to his chest as possible in his media appearances. Even so, his frustration with what he's got to work with is pretty evident, and i'm sure in discussions with the board this won't have been brushed under the carpet. The one thing that gives me hope is that EBJ isn't a 'brush things under the carpet' kind of guy

[Post edited 11 Dec 2022 20:03]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Incoming signing..... on 20:51 - Dec 11 with 3425 views49thseason

He would need a F***in big brush!
we have 26 matches to play and we need 1.2 -1.4 points per game or thereabouts say a win and a draw every 3 or 4 games, a couple of wins on the trot would be very useful about now.
But its all about scoring goals, 14 goals from 20 games tell you where the problem is. Quigley has to work a lot harder and get into the penalty area a lot more than he has so far. If he isn't forcing defenders to make mistakes he makes Henderson pointless now his pace isn't what it was. Henderson needs to be around the box looking to pounce on errors. Lets hope Lloyd can provide some quality ammunition.
Incoming signing..... on 21:57 - Dec 11 with 3337 viewsEllDale

Wins in the next three home games would be a good start.
Hartlepool, Newport, Colchester.
Incoming signing..... on 22:14 - Dec 11 with 3282 viewsTVOS1907

Incoming signing..... on 21:57 - Dec 11 by EllDale

And on Boxing Day, the bottom four all play each other.

Incoming signing..... on 22:40 - Dec 11 with 3247 viewsD_Alien

Incoming signing..... on 22:14 - Dec 11 by TVOS1907

And on Boxing Day, the bottom four all play each other.

That'd take six matches on the same day!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Incoming signing..... on 07:20 - Dec 12 with 3048 viewsTVOS1907

Incoming signing..... on 22:40 - Dec 11 by D_Alien

That'd take six matches on the same day!

Or 12.

Four teams, three home games each.

Plus a few motorway miles.

Incoming signing..... on 16:46 - Dec 12 with 2564 viewsrafc1977

Incoming signing..... on 21:57 - Dec 11 by EllDale

Given these are the next 3 at home, what in your opinion do we need minimum from the 9 points available?

Id like to say we can win all 3 if we have any intention on staying up, but after the way in which we lost vs a poor Harrogate team I am really unsure if we have more than 4 points in us from the 3 games? Could we even get the 4 points!?!

The board will surely realise that going through the season with this squad as it is brings home the real possibility of relegation, whilst I would never advocate spending more than we have we are in desperate need of clearing some deadwood and getting a few EBJ replacements in.

This Jan will be as important a one for us for many a year.
Incoming signing..... on 18:11 - Dec 12 with 2431 viewsEllDale

Incoming signing..... on 16:46 - Dec 12 by rafc1977

Given these are the next 3 at home, what in your opinion do we need minimum from the 9 points available?

Id like to say we can win all 3 if we have any intention on staying up, but after the way in which we lost vs a poor Harrogate team I am really unsure if we have more than 4 points in us from the 3 games? Could we even get the 4 points!?!

The board will surely realise that going through the season with this squad as it is brings home the real possibility of relegation, whilst I would never advocate spending more than we have we are in desperate need of clearing some deadwood and getting a few EBJ replacements in.

This Jan will be as important a one for us for many a year.

A minimum of seven points required in my opinion.
Incoming signing..... on 19:05 - Dec 12 with 2334 views49thseason

Incoming signing..... on 18:11 - Dec 12 by EllDale

A minimum of seven points required in my opinion.

Seven would be great, 5 would be acceptable 4 or less would be poor.
These are the games that you have to maximise your points from as they make up for all the points you are unlikely to get from the top third of the table.
As it stands we have 4 points from the top 8( 7 games). 4 points from the middle 8 (7 games) and 7 points from the 7 around us in the bottom 8 from 6 games.

We are conceding goals at twice the rate we are scoring them 14/29 and our chances of keeping a clean sheet at home are only 10% so we have to score two per game at home as a minimum. we cannot defend our way up the table.
Incoming signing..... on 20:30 - Dec 12 with 2209 viewsEllDale

There’s a great Twitter post on Danny Lloyd’s partner’s account this evening. Wish I could do a link.
Shows the various stages of his recuperation after knee surgery.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 20:33]
Incoming signing..... on 21:05 - Dec 12 with 2138 viewsHullDale

Incoming signing..... on 20:30 - Dec 12 by EllDale

There’s a great Twitter post on Danny Lloyd’s partner’s account this evening. Wish I could do a link.
Shows the various stages of his recuperation after knee surgery.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 20:33]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024