Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need some good news 11:39 - Jun 24 with 2847 viewsinthenet

Hope to hear some good news soon our talisman gone our exciting left back and in all truth our best striker jumped ship !!
We need someone who's going to give us that uplift we all need.
It's all in your hand Mr Coleman.

Rastrickblue

We need some good news on 12:10 - Jun 24 with 2007 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Just watch tonight's game........that'll raise the spirits.
We need some good news on 12:33 - Jun 24 with 1961 viewsTalkingSutty

We have lost some good players, some of whome have decided they dont want to stay at the club for whatever reason, which is a bit of a worry. The manager stated he wanted the majority of his squad in place by the 7th July (2 weeks), so the proof of the pudding will soon be upon us.

The quality of the new signings will be a fair indication as to which end of the table we will be competing in. Managers reputations and careers are only as good as the players they sign to a certain extent, so all will soon be revealed. I dont know wether its because of Jonahs departure but i have a bit of a negative feeling regarding the coming season,i am hoping this will change when i see the standard of new players we are about to bring to the club !!
We need some good news on 12:42 - Jun 24 with 1934 viewsSuddenLad

The departure of Gary Jones shouldn't mean a drop in optimism. He was right to move on and he has done. He was hardly a talisman last season !

Players like Andrew Tutte are more representative of the future of the team, so we move on.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

We need some good news on 12:48 - Jun 24 with 1918 viewsD_Alien

"It's all in your hand Mr Coleman."

That's a slightly worrying comment, but I think we know what you mean!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

We need some good news on 13:02 - Jun 24 with 1902 viewsTalkingSutty

We need some good news on 12:48 - Jun 24 by D_Alien

"It's all in your hand Mr Coleman."

That's a slightly worrying comment, but I think we know what you mean!

It isnt really all in the managers hands, the budget will dictate who he can and cant sign. I suppose with some of the top earners leaving the club that will maybe give him a bit more leeway with potential signings/wages etc.

Hoping to be around the play offs but with the influx of so many new players, realistically mid table with a good base to launch a play off assault the following season may be all we can expect.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
We need some good news on 13:13 - Jun 24 with 1890 viewsTalkingSutty

We need some good news on 12:42 - Jun 24 by SuddenLad

The departure of Gary Jones shouldn't mean a drop in optimism. He was right to move on and he has done. He was hardly a talisman last season !

Players like Andrew Tutte are more representative of the future of the team, so we move on.

Well i am still undecided about Tutte, i have seen him have a few good games and plenty when he seems to disappear from the proceedings. I am still to be convinced about his attitude/discipline also.

I would love him to step up to the plate and run a game for us (i havent seen that yet) from start to finish, in the same way that Jonah did season in season out. Not saying Jonah was great last season but he was no worse than many of the others and always gave 100%.

He is replaceable though, the only problem is how do you find goalscoring midfielders ? I think we needed Jonah for the upcoming season and reckon its a big loss.
We need some good news on 13:31 - Jun 24 with 1860 viewsSuddenLad

We need some good news on 13:13 - Jun 24 by TalkingSutty

Well i am still undecided about Tutte, i have seen him have a few good games and plenty when he seems to disappear from the proceedings. I am still to be convinced about his attitude/discipline also.

I would love him to step up to the plate and run a game for us (i havent seen that yet) from start to finish, in the same way that Jonah did season in season out. Not saying Jonah was great last season but he was no worse than many of the others and always gave 100%.

He is replaceable though, the only problem is how do you find goalscoring midfielders ? I think we needed Jonah for the upcoming season and reckon its a big loss.

The goal scoring Gary Jones of 2010/2011 was not in evidence last season, for whatever reason. Without the penalties his goal scoring was negligible. With all due respect to Gary Jones, taking a penalty isn't the most difficult thing in the world of professional football. (Sheffield Wednesday at home should have been 3 points)

Let's not kid ourselves that his goals contribution of last season will be hard to replicate.

We need to look to the future. Tutte may not be the answer but he has a future in the game, whereas GJ is reaching the end of a career for which he will always be fondly remembered at Spotland.

We move on.

We need some good news on 13:46 - Jun 24 with 1838 views442Dale

The role Jones had meant others were unable to get forward as much too. Jason Kennedy has illustrated that he can contribute goals when arriving in the box. Two great headers and the winner v Scunny are examples of this.

Jones had one excellent goalscoring season and a couple of ok ones.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

We need some good news on 14:24 - Jun 24 with 1780 viewsSalwaDale

We need some good news on 13:13 - Jun 24 by TalkingSutty

You and I certainly seem to have had the same view on Tutte over the course of the season. However, he was probably the main shining light at the end of the season. For me next season determines his future in football. Prove what he can do and step up to the plate and he won't be a Rochdale player for too long. Show the same stroppiness as earlier on in the season and he won't be a Rochdale player for too long. Somewhere in the middle and he could be the next Gary Jones.

TBBT

We need some good news on 15:08 - Jun 24 with 1719 viewsdale10

will kennedy be there next season?
We need some good news on 16:45 - Jun 24 with 1620 viewsColDale

We need some good news on 15:08 - Jun 24 by dale10

I don't think Kennedy is the sort of player to attract a bid big enough to warrant selling him, tho that's been said before about other players.

I'm not sure why there should be this feeling of gloom. I'd imagine that there has been very few summers where we have made this many signings so far, and those who have signed aren't gambles to the management - they are players for whom Coleman knows what he is getting.

There is more still to come as well. The departure of Jones and JLAA will probably see funds available for 3-4 signings, and should we sign the likes of Proctor and Gornell (there's a line somewhere about Proctor being a gamble) then we'll be in a stronger position than we were before.

Perhaps too much has been made of a budget to compete at the top, but I think we will have enough to compete for a Play Off place which is progress given most of last years squad would see us competing for non league football.
We need some good news on 16:54 - Jun 24 with 1601 viewsisitme

We need some good news on 15:08 - Jun 24 by dale10

With him being in the last year of his contract I suspect a bid of £100,000 would be enough to secure his services. He is definitely a L1 standard player.
We need some good news on 17:01 - Jun 24 with 1591 viewsBigKindo

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere on this board. Wasn't Jonah going to jump ship last summer to Trannie because we offered a one year contract and he wanted two. We met his demand and gave him two years. If this correct then he still has one year to run on his Dale contract and therefore his move to Bradford should command a transfer fee.
We need some good news on 17:08 - Jun 24 with 1578 viewsRippDale

We need some good news on 16:54 - Jun 24 by isitme

With him being in the last year of his contract I suspect a bid of £100,000 would be enough to secure his services. He is definitely a L1 standard player.

I'm really optimistic for next season. As good as Gary Jones has been for us I feel a big problem last year was a lack of creativity from midfield and a need to always play 3 central midfield players. There were problems all over the field but I feel the central issue was the midfield. JC looks to have signed defenders who can play all positions at the back and should give us some flexibility. I'm looking forward to seeing who his more attacking options are going to be, and for the 1st time for a while we have the chance to reinvent our team.

We need some good news on 17:08 - Jun 24 with 1573 viewsRalphs12

We need some good news on 17:01 - Jun 24 by BigKindo

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere on this board. Wasn't Jonah going to jump ship last summer to Trannie because we offered a one year contract and he wanted two. We met his demand and gave him two years. If this correct then he still has one year to run on his Dale contract and therefore his move to Bradford should command a transfer fee.

Unless we agreed to terminate his current deal.
We need some good news on 17:42 - Jun 24 with 1528 viewsBigKindo

We need some good news on 17:08 - Jun 24 by Ralphs12

Unless we agreed to terminate his current deal.

And why should we do that unless the management wanted 'shut of'
We need some good news on 17:48 - Jun 24 with 1516 viewsTVOS1907

We need some good news on 17:42 - Jun 24 by BigKindo

One could argue the 'fee' is the wages we have saved over the next 12 months.

I'm sure all parties have come to a mutually satisfactory arrangement.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

We need some good news on 17:51 - Jun 24 with 1506 viewsSuddenLad

We need some good news on 17:48 - Jun 24 by TVOS1907

One could argue the 'fee' is the wages we have saved over the next 12 months.

I'm sure all parties have come to a mutually satisfactory arrangement.

Correct - and in view of his service to the club, he has been allowed to move without making a fuss. Let's face it, Rochdale AFC have had their value out of Gary Jones.

Why stand in his way or make things awkward for him ?

We need some good news on 17:52 - Jun 24 with 1504 viewsisitme

His rumoured wage would be able to pay for a fairly decent L2 centre forward. Would you exchange your 3rd choice centre midfielder for a first choice striker?
We need some good news on 18:01 - Jun 24 with 1493 viewsColDale

We need some good news on 17:42 - Jun 24 by BigKindo

The move was for footballing reasons and suited all parties.

Had we hung out for a fee, the deal would probably not have come off, and that wouldn't have been fair to him given all the years of service he has given the club.
We need some good news on 19:25 - Jun 24 with 1413 viewsmacro

We need some good news on 18:01 - Jun 24 by ColDale

The move was for footballing reasons and suited all parties.

Had we hung out for a fee, the deal would probably not have come off, and that wouldn't have been fair to him given all the years of service he has given the club.

Agreed, Jones was a great servant for the club but it was obvious that a parting of the ways was likely this summer after the rumour and counter rumour of falls out before the end of last season. I'd imagine a signing or two might come out of the woodwork this week
We need some good news on 20:05 - Jun 24 with 1386 viewsseasidedale

Cant say I am inspired by the signings so far, a forward from a club relegated, an untried centre half a conference full back, the keeper is the only exciting signing, considering despite last season the quality of players who have jumped ship. The rumours odf ACcy players coming doesnt fill me with confidence either. I hope Im wrong but I see a relegation struggle coming, I am not trying to be negative just deflated
We need some good news on 20:11 - Jun 24 with 1374 viewsmacro

We need some good news on 20:05 - Jun 24 by seasidedale

Cant say I am inspired by the signings so far, a forward from a club relegated, an untried centre half a conference full back, the keeper is the only exciting signing, considering despite last season the quality of players who have jumped ship. The rumours odf ACcy players coming doesnt fill me with confidence either. I hope Im wrong but I see a relegation struggle coming, I am not trying to be negative just deflated

In all honesty when do we sign exciting signings?

Ones I can remember like Lee Hodges never performed sometimes it's the unknown which are the best.
We need some good news on 20:33 - Jun 24 with 1355 viewsSuddenLad

It makes a change to have ANY signings at this early stage, let alone as many as we already have.

Usually we are scrabbling around amongst the 'unattached' players within about 3 weeks before the season starts, trying to lure those that no-one else wants.

Credit where it's due. Coley has identified his targets early and got them. Josh Lillis was a great signing so early on.

We need some good news on 22:03 - Jun 24 with 1308 viewsolympicdale

We need some good news on 20:33 - Jun 24 by SuddenLad

It makes a change to have ANY signings at this early stage, let alone as many as we already have.

Usually we are scrabbling around amongst the 'unattached' players within about 3 weeks before the season starts, trying to lure those that no-one else wants.

Credit where it's due. Coley has identified his targets early and got them. Josh Lillis was a great signing so early on.

this

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024