Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keith Hill stamping his mark 17:06 - Feb 16 with 4663 viewsolympicdale

What a difference to a month ago. Quick attractive passing, midfield looked more solid with bbm, the defence to a man were all excellent, Phil Edwards motm for me alongside Bennett, have we tryed playing this kid up front yet. Ive been very critical of Rhys but he was superb. We struggled up front a bit today but was much more directness when Grimes came on, main thing was how well the team stood up to a physical Torquay side, and played some great football at times.

The Keith Hil effect looks to be slowly happening.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:10 - Feb 16 with 2212 viewsDaley_Lama

Excellent run by Bennett for the goal and incisive pass from Haworth, rightly congratulated by every player.

Thought the new CM number 6 played well, was that Ritchie Jones?

Poll: DF in or out

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:12 - Feb 16 with 2172 viewsRalphs12

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:10 - Feb 16 by Daley_Lama

Excellent run by Bennett for the goal and incisive pass from Haworth, rightly congratulated by every player.

Thought the new CM number 6 played well, was that Ritchie Jones?

bbm?
Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:14 - Feb 16 with 2160 viewsDaley_Lama

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:12 - Feb 16 by Ralphs12

bbm?

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:14 - Feb 16 with 2154 viewsboromat

Bbm was superb and my MOTM but there were a few today. Grimes looked to relish the chance to in the middle. Gornell and Donnelly were both poor everyone else played brilliantly. Nice to see improvement with every game.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:15 - Feb 16 with 2138 viewsRalphs12

Grimes was running there centre backs ragged after coming on. They didnt know which way to turn.

Thought every player had a good game. Lillis' save early doors was a game changer.
Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:16 - Feb 16 with 2133 viewsColDale

can I add Josh Lillis to the list of played wells? That save from Howe in the first half after SCS's blunder was stunning and would have them creaming themselves on Sky Sports News had it happened in the Premiership. Seemed to play with a real confidence today.
Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:19 - Feb 16 with 2105 viewssweetcorn

Don't want people to get carried away with this result. Torquay were poor, without doubt one of the worst sides i've seen up here.

Haworth was direct and decent, bennet had a good game at right-back, everyone else just seemed to do what was needed to win, which in my opinion, wasn't alot.

I know alot is made of how grimes is a massive goalscorer, but he just doesn't look it to me. He doesn't act on his instincts and often overthinks things and then the chance is gone, which is why alot of his shots are often blocked.

Really think we need to bring a striker in, as Gornell doesn't look nearly the same player, Adebola's career looks to be slowly slowly moving towards its end and donnelly is just dogshit.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:33 - Feb 16 with 2026 viewsolympicdale

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:19 - Feb 16 by sweetcorn

Don't want people to get carried away with this result. Torquay were poor, without doubt one of the worst sides i've seen up here.

Haworth was direct and decent, bennet had a good game at right-back, everyone else just seemed to do what was needed to win, which in my opinion, wasn't alot.

I know alot is made of how grimes is a massive goalscorer, but he just doesn't look it to me. He doesn't act on his instincts and often overthinks things and then the chance is gone, which is why alot of his shots are often blocked.

Really think we need to bring a striker in, as Gornell doesn't look nearly the same player, Adebola's career looks to be slowly slowly moving towards its end and donnelly is just dogshit.

No ones getting carried away. Just pleasing to see a team that actually feels like its ours, and pleasing on the eye, surely even you can appreciate that

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:37 - Feb 16 with 1997 viewsRalphs12

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:19 - Feb 16 by sweetcorn

The same player as what?
Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:38 - Feb 16 with 1994 viewssweetcorn

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:33 - Feb 16 by olympicdale

No ones getting carried away. Just pleasing to see a team that actually feels like its ours, and pleasing on the eye, surely even you can appreciate that

I don't think today was a real test, as i've said torquay were poor today.

I feel as though i've watched today as a neutral as I wasn't at the game with who I would normally be with, due to having a free ticket and as they were not rochdale fan's I saw the game from their point of view.

I wasn't impressed with either team today and felt the game was poor.

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:43 - Feb 16 with 1964 viewsolympicdale

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:38 - Feb 16 by sweetcorn

I feel as though i've watched today as a neutral as I wasn't at the game with who I would normally be with, due to having a free ticket and as they were not rochdale fan's I saw the game from their point of view.

Torquay are easily stopped if you mark Rene Howe well, SCS and PE had him in their pockets.

Life is a game of fate.

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:44 - Feb 16 with 1964 viewsD_Alien

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:38 - Feb 16 by sweetcorn

Stop being so negative

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:49 - Feb 16 with 1924 viewsDaley_Lama

2200 ish Dale fans today, possibly the biggest mark left today by Keith Hill.

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:50 - Feb 16 with 1912 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:14 - Feb 16 by boromat

Bbm was superb and my MOTM but there were a few today. Grimes looked to relish the chance to in the middle. Gornell and Donnelly were both poor everyone else played brilliantly. Nice to see improvement with every game.

Half way through Bobby's ban!

Thank goodness.

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:51 - Feb 16 with 1901 viewssweetcorn

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 17:50 - Feb 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

Half way through Bobby's ban!

Thank goodness.

He's hovering dangerously close to the 10 yellow mark, so he'll probably be out again unfortunatley

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 18:08 - Feb 16 with 1831 viewsfitzochris

One thing that stands out is the natural width all along the flanks. You feel we are capable of being effective in all areas of the pitch now. Under JC there was a horrible gap between the full back and whichever of our forwards had been shoehorned into a wide position. It ain't there now.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 19:36 - Feb 16 with 1644 viewsShun

I'll whisper it quietly but I think Donnelly's improved since Hill came in. For two games now he's been the best of our starting forwards.
Keith Hill stamping his mark on 19:46 - Feb 16 with 1598 viewsphomem

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 19:36 - Feb 16 by Shun

I'll whisper it quietly but I think Donnelly's improved since Hill came in. For two games now he's been the best of our starting forwards.

Donnelly was truly awful today I know Gornell didn't have the best game but in hoping George is dropped after his performance today
Keith Hill stamping his mark on 19:47 - Feb 16 with 1597 views442Dale

Maybe, but only because Gornell was so poor. Donnelly was his usual self today, offers little but effort and running. Was amazed some fans were having a go at the ref when he was booked; it was the culmination of a series of fouls.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 20:13 - Feb 16 with 1517 viewsbilbobaggins

apart from the first ten minutes we looked good in all areas and show good understanding , but it could of been another tale with another ref but on the whole a good day
Keith Hill stamping his mark on 20:54 - Feb 16 with 1445 viewskirbys

Back to the subject of this thread.
Yes it was good to note the difference in shape - wide incisive play again, a big increase in effort from everyone, some very impressive passages of play in the opposition half and a cohesive look all of a sudden with great link play back to front.
Whilst it is not the finished article there is a look of the shape we used to enjoy and that got us promoted.

Off the subject but in this thread I am amazed at the comments about Terry Gornell. His running, touch and overall effort today was great, yes he fluffed a few speedy traps but come on he really was an effective link today and unlucky not to score and no other player covered as much ground today. Fortunately, we have a manager that knows what he wants and players that give him just that, so you carry on Keith, the crowd today gave you the nod as they recognise the hard work form you and the backroom staff on display through your team selection today.
Keith Hill stamping his mark on 20:58 - Feb 16 with 1430 viewsSalwaDale

Definite signs of the style coming through. Much higher paced than usual, with closing down high up the pitch. Natural width too, allowing defenders to ping a long ball out to a winger. I too thought both strikers were quite poor but not through a lack of effort.

TBBT

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 21:18 - Feb 16 with 1386 viewsSuddenLad

How crap the opposition were is irrelevant. Prior to Hilly coming back, we've played lots of crap teams and been turned over almost every time. Mainly because we were crap at the back.

Priority was always tightening up in defence and that has been vastly improved in just 4 games. Keeping clean sheets bring points and today it brought 3.

We've improved in every game and that has reversed the trend.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Keith Hill stamping his mark on 21:21 - Feb 16 with 1373 viewsmizfit

To those slating Donnelly, I'm not a big fan of his but today I thought he played well
His pace always troubled Torquay, chased everything down putting them under pressure linked the play well
Criticising the lad won't help
Keith Hill stamping his mark on 21:22 - Feb 16 with 1366 viewsroccydaleian

Bollocks. He's got a good engine but no end product. How dogshit gets a starting place before Grimes is baffling.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024