Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Big game today.. 01:40 - Apr 27 with 3918 viewsWhiteyBFC

I take it the Dale are right behind Barnsley, eh?

Seriously though, Flitcroft and EVERY ONE of the ex Dale players at Oakwell do not deserve relegation after their efforts and performances since January 1st.

I wanted Watford to win last night.

I'm of the opinion that a nervous Hull City, needing 3 points makes them easier to play against.

Had Watford lost and Hull came into the game today knowing they were promoted already, I reckon they'd have played without any fear/anxiety etc, and strutted their Premier League stuff.

We saw a "nothing to play for" Charlton at Oakwell a week or two ago. They were the best side I've seen this season. Not for quality, or class. But for endeavour (KEITH) and sheer 'just playing football' they were bang at it.

Everything they hit went in, and they won practically every 50/50 ball.

Which is how we've played for much of Flitcroft's reign. But fatigue, injuries/suspensions have took their toll and it's almost an Alamo feel right now.

Flitcroft says he has to keep us up to stay on as manager.

If he doesn't get the gig irrespective of our league status, then woe betide the BFC board on this occasion.

I loved Keith for 9 months. And I respected/liked Mark Robins.

But you'd have to go back to Andy Ritchie for a manager as close to popular as Flitcroft right now.
I mean, I wanted him gone when his pal went. No qualms in admitting that. And I've never totally agreed with him (when do we ever agree 100% with a manager?).

But seriously, he's worked wonders in turning around a sinking ship, a lost cause, and even united a fanbase that felt similarly to me when he first took the reins - suspicious.

If we stay up this season, it will come a close second to the 96/97 promotion campaign for me.

Forget the FA Cup runs, days at Wembley and Millennium Stadium promotion.

This (should it happen) will be miraculous.

But as much as I love the squad/management, can they walk on water? Or turn water into vodka?

We'll soon see.
Big Big game today.. on 01:56 - Apr 27 with 2713 viewsKenBoon

And nobody cares.
Big Big game today.. on 02:00 - Apr 27 with 2708 viewsTTNYear

Anyone else like hobnobs? The chocolate ones for me are the best.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Big Big game today.. on 04:07 - Apr 27 with 2693 viewsShun

I've just seen the new Total Recall. Quite liked it. Jessica Biel's really cute.
Big Big game today.. on 05:39 - Apr 27 with 2681 viewssweetcorn

NOW. I really like flitcroft and hope he has a long and successful managerial career. however, really hope you nobs go down. Hated barnsley since the parkin days and you whitey have made it worse with your whiter than white bollocks. i've seen your posts on the barnsley board and quite frankly, you're a c*nt. relegation couldnt happen to a nicer club (especially since you see league one below yourselves.) enjoy it you inbred dingles.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Big Big game today.. on 06:32 - Apr 27 with 2667 viewsfrenzied

As an ex Man utd fan id like Hull to go up with Steve Bruce as their manager,but i will be rooting for Flickers team today and hope Hull can win thier last game..

For me the match of the day is Doncaster v Brentford today...winner goes up !!!!

Always enjoyed last game of the season...glad Dale are involved in the potential demise or survival of their opponents....wouldnt be suprised to see pitch invasion if Argyle stay up ...stewards be prepared to be knocked over !!!!!
Big Big game today.. on 07:38 - Apr 27 with 2629 viewsTrisha

BREAKING NEWS

TURNS OUT NOBODY ON HERE GIVES A CRAP

The black talk show goddess

Big Big game today.. on 07:39 - Apr 27 with 2630 views442Dale

Big Big game today.. on 01:56 - Apr 27 by KenBoon

And nobody cares.

Despite Whitey's ability to go from being quite knowledgeable to both clueless and patronising in a heartbeat, I care.

Barnsley's fans may be a set of fickle sods, but they have some of the greatest players to have ever worn a Dale shirt turning out for them. For this reason alone I reckon most of us want them to do ok.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Big Big game today.. on 08:14 - Apr 27 with 2585 viewsColDale

You can't go overboard on Flicker after saying you loved Hill for 9 months and Flicker has only been doing the job for three. Just highlights the fickleness. No doubt in 12 months, it will be "Flicker was great until he....."
Login to get fewer ads

Big Big game today.. on 08:21 - Apr 27 with 2572 viewsThe_DJ

Big Big game today.. on 08:14 - Apr 27 by ColDale

You can't go overboard on Flicker after saying you loved Hill for 9 months and Flicker has only been doing the job for three. Just highlights the fickleness. No doubt in 12 months, it will be "Flicker was great until he....."

"Flicker was great until he....."

got Barnsley relegated then returned to be beloved Dale.......................

Watch this space
Big Big game today.. on 08:30 - Apr 27 with 2554 views442Dale

Big Big game today.. on 08:21 - Apr 27 by The_DJ

"Flicker was great until he....."

got Barnsley relegated then returned to be beloved Dale.......................

Watch this space

After what Flitcroft has done, and even if Barnsley are Druid enough to get rid, he'll be very much in demand as a manager. We might not like it, but if he cane back to Dale now it would be a backward step in his career.

Big Big game today.. on 08:40 - Apr 27 with 2541 viewsThe_DJ

Big Big game today.. on 08:30 - Apr 27 by 442Dale

After what Flitcroft has done, and even if Barnsley are Druid enough to get rid, he'll be very much in demand as a manager. We might not like it, but if he cane back to Dale now it would be a backward step in his career.

Sometimes you have to take a step back before leaping forward.
Big Big game today.. on 09:13 - Apr 27 with 2504 viewsmikehunt

Agent Flitcroft, you know what to do. Two more defeats and we will have our revenge. Muah ha ha ha ha!

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Big Big game today.. on 09:26 - Apr 27 with 2478 viewsdingdangblue

Big Big game today.. on 08:30 - Apr 27 by 442Dale

As much as we'd all love Hillcroft back - doubt we would have the budget for both now - I would rather we spent money on a player than a 2nd manager.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Big Big game today.. on 11:57 - Apr 27 with 2368 viewsD_Alien

Given Flitcroft's experience at the reigns, how could he possibly contemplate playing second fiddle now? At another championship club, maybe, but it's one thing to take a step down in divisions to re-ignite your career like Hilly, and another altogether to take a step down in status.

I'd actually not welcome him back as no. 2 because I'd be doubting his ambition.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Big Big game today.. on 12:11 - Apr 27 with 2341 viewsSuddenLad

For what it's worth I hope Barnsley survive for the sake of the ex-Dale contingent rather than for the Tykes themselves. If they go down we will all be told that 'it's Keith Hill's fault' when the reality is probably very different. Tykes fans need to direct their glance towards their Board for some real answers.

Scott Wiseman, David Perkins, Chris O'Grady, Tom Kennedy, Dave Flitcroft all have a place in Dale folklore, so for that reason I hope they can manage to stay up.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Big Big game today.. on 12:17 - Apr 27 with 2330 viewsAtThePeake

Whitey, I'm fairly sure you have a blog somewhere don't you? Think I've seen you post links to it on here before. Here's a clue: Put all these thoughts in your blog rather than typing them out,

sentence for sentence

on our board

enter key.

Then C+P the link! Genius.

Sorry...

Genius.

Tangled up in blue.

Big Big game today.. on 13:26 - Apr 27 with 2280 viewskirbys

I think they can win today and stay in the Championship. We should celebrate the achievements of so many ex Dale players this last three months and wish Flicker every success this afternoon and next season.
Big Big game today.. on 13:46 - Apr 27 with 2254 viewsChaffRAFC

Hope Barnsley do stay up to be honest. Don't wish them any bad luck or owt.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Big Big game today.. on 15:25 - Apr 27 with 2183 viewsfrenzied

barnsley one up already
Big Big game today.. on 17:18 - Apr 27 with 2134 viewsdebbiesfella

Well done Flicker!!
Big Big game today.. on 18:08 - Apr 27 with 2033 views442Dale

Big Big game today.. on 17:18 - Apr 27 by debbiesfella

Well done Flicker!!

Just the six ex Dale players in their side today. Who'd have thought that a Championship side would have Wiseman and Kennedy playing central defensive roles to such great effect? Got tickets for their game at Huddersfield next week, if only to see that "Wednesday tvv@t" who scored again for them today.

Big Big game today.. on 19:03 - Apr 27 with 1930 viewsD_Dale

54 points and Barnsley still not safe. The highest previous number of points gained by a relegated Championship side is 52 when Leicester went down in 2007-08.

I'll almost feel sorry for Whitey (and I will for Flicker and the other ex-dale players) if Barnsley (currently back in the bottom 3, as Posh are 1-0 up) end up back in L1.
Big Big game today.. on 19:18 - Apr 27 with 1902 viewsTVOS1907

Big Big game today.. on 19:03 - Apr 27 by D_Dale

54 points and Barnsley still not safe. The highest previous number of points gained by a relegated Championship side is 52 when Leicester went down in 2007-08.

I'll almost feel sorry for Whitey (and I will for Flicker and the other ex-dale players) if Barnsley (currently back in the bottom 3, as Posh are 1-0 up) end up back in L1.

You can't say "back in L1" in Whitey's presence.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Big Big game today.. on 19:20 - Apr 27 with 1894 viewsD_Alien

Posh finished 1-0, leap above Barnsley

Posh go to Palace who need a win to secure playoff place so good luck to Flicker at the Galpharm

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Big Big game today.. on 19:20 - Apr 27 with 1892 viewsSuddenLad

Posh win, Barnsley back in bottom 3 with 54 points.

All rests on the last game, where 7 clubs are in the mix for the remaining 2 relegation places.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024