Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scunny don't like Hilly 13:55 - Mar 23 with 8616 viewsdale4ever

http://iron-bru.com/forums/topic/keith-hill-on-the-tv/
Scunny don't like Hilly on 13:58 - Mar 23 with 5686 viewsDaley_Lama

They are scared of us, simple.

Poll: DF in or out

Scunny don't like Hilly on 14:02 - Mar 23 with 5665 viewsGhanaDale

Let 'em think what they want about him!
He's our manager, not theirs, what he does and says is irrelevant to them!

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Scunny don't like Hilly on 14:09 - Mar 23 with 5621 viewssweetcorn

How on earth are we a team of thugs, we are anything but a dirty team, alot of our reds have been unfortunate this season, but let them think what they want, we're top, they're not.

thug life to the end

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Scunny don't like Hilly on 14:11 - Mar 23 with 5616 viewsRotherhamDale

'Hill is a thug'

Ha ha ha ha ha

Possession with progression.

Scunny don't like Hilly on 14:31 - Mar 23 with 5521 viewsSaxonDale

Scunny don't like Hilly on 14:51 - Mar 23 with 5431 viewsrod_leach

How bizarre. What are they basing their argument on I wonder?
Scunny don't like Hilly on 15:10 - Mar 23 with 5356 viewsboromat

Scunny don't like Hilly on 14:51 - Mar 23 by rod_leach

How bizarre. What are they basing their argument on I wonder?

Three red cards against them this season I should imagine. I think its funny when fans are so opinionated about teams they've seen at most twice.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Scunny don't like Hilly on 15:11 - Mar 23 with 5352 viewsDaleaholic

Quite comical! They'd probably think John Coleman is just 'misunderstood'...

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Login to get fewer ads

Scunny don't like Hilly on 15:17 - Mar 23 with 5328 viewslibertinedreamer

Quite a lot of opposing fans have said this about you lot this season, at least ones ive spoke to before games...
Scunny don't like Hilly on 15:28 - Mar 23 with 5261 views100notout

Scunny don't like Hilly on 15:17 - Mar 23 by libertinedreamer

Quite a lot of opposing fans have said this about you lot this season, at least ones ive spoke to before games...

Haven't you got a slump to sort out.

Goodbye

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Scunny don't like Hilly on 15:30 - Mar 23 with 5256 viewsRotherhamDale

Imagine how good we'd be if we spent 300k on a striker in January like they did...

Possession with progression.

Scunny don't like Hilly on 15:32 - Mar 23 with 5244 viewsTVOS1907

That's it then, it's obviously right.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Scunny don't like Hilly on 15:33 - Mar 23 with 5239 viewssandylaner1

Scunny don't like Hilly on 15:44 - Mar 23 with 5184 viewsMoonyDale

So before your games you speak to opposing fans about us? Or is it just the six fingered mongs you speak of? And you lot call us obsessed.......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Scunny don't like Hilly on 15:51 - Mar 23 with 5140 viewskirbys

If anyone has seen Morecambe and Accrington this season then they would have seen some of the type of play they are describing and not from Dale.
How many times have opposing managers and fans placed comments like "best side we have played this season", this does not smack of a bunch of thugs.
The valid point made is related to the number of bookings and send offs. I have to say it baffles me when we seem to accumulate cards for 50/50 challenges and in many cases a simple wish to get there first. Dirty play I have not seen from Dale.
Not Guilty Sir Iron.
Scunny don't like Hilly on 16:00 - Mar 23 with 5112 viewsR17ALE

Leaving our unfair high card count to one side, it's easy to see why opposing fans share these views.

WE know we're aren't dirty, but we haven't got to where we are without the steel to boss games physically and mentally. Which we do. The likes of Cav, Lund, Donnelly and O'Connell are no nonsense players who put the tackles in and earn the likes of Hendo the platform to express themselves. And yes, they can appear to be over agricultural to the occasional viewer, or un-trained eye.

It's a bit like Revie's Leeds. OK they were dirty bastards, but they were also the best team.

A team needs some brawn. Put some skill in there too and you've cracked it.

A dirty team in my view is one that cheats and play-acts. Our team is physical, but when they need to, they can play better than any other team in this division. The table says I'm right.

And when the likes of a Burton or an Accrington try to intimidate us physically, we can match them because we've got some hard bastards in our side. Hard but usually fair. Dirty? Never.

EDIT: Just to point out that the great Liverpool and United sides of the 1980's and 1990's could also mix it a bit. The likes of Keane, Robson, Ince, Cantona and Bruce were all considered dirty by some, but by Christ could they play!
For Liverpool read: Souness, Case, Hughes, Toshack, Smith - all Internationals.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2014 16:10]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Scunny don't like Hilly on 16:21 - Mar 23 with 5022 viewslibertinedreamer

Scunny don't like Hilly on 15:44 - Mar 23 by MoonyDale

So before your games you speak to opposing fans about us? Or is it just the six fingered mongs you speak of? And you lot call us obsessed.......

No before games i talk to opposing fans, with you lot being just down the road you invariably get brought up...
Scunny don't like Hilly on 16:33 - Mar 23 with 4973 viewsCamdenDale

Scunny don't like Hilly on 16:21 - Mar 23 by libertinedreamer

No before games i talk to opposing fans, with you lot being just down the road you invariably get brought up...

Bury fans had enough presumably.

But you're very welcome on here. What's next on the menu?
Scunny don't like Hilly on 16:35 - Mar 23 with 4971 viewsNafelad

What has been frustrating me, during the last few seasons, is the way referees do not seem to recognise dirty/physical or cynical play-acting and how the opposition regularly 'get away' with this sort of play. On the other hand, Dale's players are too honest and have often been penalised (even yellow/red cards) for genuine attempts at tackles that may be late or clumsy, but not 'dirty'.

Topcat

Scunny don't like Hilly on 16:43 - Mar 23 with 4930 viewsTVOS1907

Scunny don't like Hilly on 16:21 - Mar 23 by libertinedreamer

Oddly, whenever we talk to opposing fans before games, we usually talk about (a) Dale, (b) their team and (c) the match we're about to watch.

Obviously a different mindset.

Scunny don't like Hilly on 16:48 - Mar 23 with 4900 viewsD_Alien

Scunny don't like Hilly on 16:00 - Mar 23 by R17ALE

Leaving our unfair high card count to one side, it's easy to see why opposing fans share these views.

WE know we're aren't dirty, but we haven't got to where we are without the steel to boss games physically and mentally. Which we do. The likes of Cav, Lund, Donnelly and O'Connell are no nonsense players who put the tackles in and earn the likes of Hendo the platform to express themselves. And yes, they can appear to be over agricultural to the occasional viewer, or un-trained eye.

It's a bit like Revie's Leeds. OK they were dirty bastards, but they were also the best team.

A team needs some brawn. Put some skill in there too and you've cracked it.

A dirty team in my view is one that cheats and play-acts. Our team is physical, but when they need to, they can play better than any other team in this division. The table says I'm right.

And when the likes of a Burton or an Accrington try to intimidate us physically, we can match them because we've got some hard bastards in our side. Hard but usually fair. Dirty? Never.

EDIT: Just to point out that the great Liverpool and United sides of the 1980's and 1990's could also mix it a bit. The likes of Keane, Robson, Ince, Cantona and Bruce were all considered dirty by some, but by Christ could they play!
For Liverpool read: Souness, Case, Hughes, Toshack, Smith - all Internationals.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2014 16:10]

Great post, and what makes it even more disconcerting to be thought of as a "dirty" team is the reasons why a good many of those cards were issued. Take Hendo's red - the guy is one of the most cultured players in the lower leagues and gets kicked any number of times during a game, but a handball and a minor irritated push does for him. And Lund, for celebrating with a handful of fans.

Players like Tommy Smith and Nobby Stiles wouldn't last till half-time in any game they started these days, but the stacks of medals they collected with Liverpool, Man U & England under great managers showed what value they were to their respective bosses.

In Cav & Lund, we have midfielders who just won't let the opposition boss any game, but they can both really play too. The extra steel we have in the side these days is a vital ingredient and as stated, the table doesn't lie!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Scunny don't like Hilly on 16:48 - Mar 23 with 4901 viewsrobbowood

Scunny don't like Hilly on 16:35 - Mar 23 by Nafelad

What has been frustrating me, during the last few seasons, is the way referees do not seem to recognise dirty/physical or cynical play-acting and how the opposition regularly 'get away' with this sort of play. On the other hand, Dale's players are too honest and have often been penalised (even yellow/red cards) for genuine attempts at tackles that may be late or clumsy, but not 'dirty'.

Absolutely and whilst we have a bad record this season for red cards - of which some have been fully justified - some have been an absolute "nonsense" depending on which referee you are fortunate/unfortunate to have

The recent ones for Hendo (his first yellow for "deliberate" hand ball when the ball hit the top of his arm/shoulder) and Hogan (his second yellow for "celebrating" after his goal) can hardly be reason to class us a 'thugs' or 'dirty'

To my mind under Coleman we were far more 'dirty' and 'thuggish' yet we didn't have as many players sent off as we maybe should have had compared to this season !
Scunny don't like Hilly on 16:52 - Mar 23 with 4884 viewsColDale

Im sure Hill will have a clampdown on these silly yellow cards in preseason but in the meantime will just keep it as business as usual.
Scunny don't like Hilly on 16:52 - Mar 23 with 4881 viewsTiki_Beach

Our squad is full of endeavor. Its full of honesty. Its full absolute wowness.
Scunny don't like Hilly on 16:53 - Mar 23 with 4863 viewsTVOS1907

Scunny don't like Hilly on 16:48 - Mar 23 by robbowood

Absolutely and whilst we have a bad record this season for red cards - of which some have been fully justified - some have been an absolute "nonsense" depending on which referee you are fortunate/unfortunate to have

The recent ones for Hendo (his first yellow for "deliberate" hand ball when the ball hit the top of his arm/shoulder) and Hogan (his second yellow for "celebrating" after his goal) can hardly be reason to class us a 'thugs' or 'dirty'

To my mind under Coleman we were far more 'dirty' and 'thuggish' yet we didn't have as many players sent off as we maybe should have had compared to this season !

Think you mean Lund.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024