Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scunny don't like Hilly 13:55 - Mar 23 with 9045 viewsdale4ever

http://iron-bru.com/forums/topic/keith-hill-on-the-tv/
Scunny don't like Hilly on 17:02 - Mar 23 with 3031 viewsrobbowood

Scunny don't like Hilly on 16:53 - Mar 23 by TVOS1907

Think you mean Lund.

yes !!!!!!!!!
Scunny don't like Hilly on 17:07 - Mar 23 with 3017 viewsTalkingSutty

Scunny don't like Hilly on 16:48 - Mar 23 by D_Alien

Great post, and what makes it even more disconcerting to be thought of as a "dirty" team is the reasons why a good many of those cards were issued. Take Hendo's red - the guy is one of the most cultured players in the lower leagues and gets kicked any number of times during a game, but a handball and a minor irritated push does for him. And Lund, for celebrating with a handful of fans.

Players like Tommy Smith and Nobby Stiles wouldn't last till half-time in any game they started these days, but the stacks of medals they collected with Liverpool, Man U & England under great managers showed what value they were to their respective bosses.

In Cav & Lund, we have midfielders who just won't let the opposition boss any game, but they can both really play too. The extra steel we have in the side these days is a vital ingredient and as stated, the table doesn't lie!

Just to balance the thread up though we have been guilty of some bloody stupid bookings several of which have led to red cards later in the game.

We have been guilty of indiscipline at times. To imply that the majority of the reds/ bookings is as a result of a refereeing witch hunt isnt right.
Scunny don't like Hilly on 17:32 - Mar 23 with 2914 viewspnc4eva1

There is also the problem of players adopting the throw yourself on the floor as if shot by a sniper routine. This is part if the game that has slowly but surely started to be adopted from the Premiership

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Scunny don't like Hilly on 17:38 - Mar 23 with 2890 viewsNafelad

Scunny don't like Hilly on 17:07 - Mar 23 by TalkingSutty

Just to balance the thread up though we have been guilty of some bloody stupid bookings several of which have led to red cards later in the game.

We have been guilty of indiscipline at times. To imply that the majority of the reds/ bookings is as a result of a refereeing witch hunt isnt right.

Certainly no evidence of witch-hunting by referees, it's more a case of referees (at all levels) being unable to apply the laws consistently - because the laws are not precise enough. I don't like the phrase 'in the opinion of the referee' this and that. Take Lund's over-celebrating at Northampton 'in the opinion of the referee', he didn't actually do anything wrong according to the law, so the law is not precise enough. Having said that, when the law is precise e.g. shirt pulling or obstruction, referees don't apply it consistently e.g. free kicks for shirt-pulling anywhere on the pitch except when it's a defender doing it in the penalty box, especially at corner kick situations.

Topcat

Scunny don't like Hilly on 17:43 - Mar 23 with 2869 viewsdale4ever

This is the best yet!

"Back in the days of mud heaps of pitches and gorillas at centre-half it used to be said that the only way out of this division way to kick your way out.

Clearly the 21st century hasn’t caught up with Mr Hill"
Scunny don't like Hilly on 18:05 - Mar 23 with 2806 views100569

Scunny don't like Hilly on 17:32 - Mar 23 by pnc4eva1

There is also the problem of players adopting the throw yourself on the floor as if shot by a sniper routine. This is part if the game that has slowly but surely started to be adopted from the Premiership

Their were plenty of snipers at Wycombe yesterday I`ve never seen a bunch of players fall down so much in the box as they did.
Scunny don't like Hilly on 20:56 - Mar 23 with 2595 viewsdingdangblue

Scunny don't like Hilly on 16:53 - Mar 23 by TVOS1907

Think you mean Lund.

You never know, we've been that unlucky with cards recently Hogan probably was booked for celebrating Lunds goal!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Scunny don't like Hilly on 21:25 - Mar 23 with 2541 viewsILoveMYclub

............I don't like my boss but I quite like him too.................jealous of his pay packet which makes me unlike him through his greater success................but I really like him.
Mr Hill is proving to be the best Manager in Lg2 (once again) as he is top of the pile. For a second time around top of the pile and spending ..................not a dime.
In fact I am struggling outside of COG when was the last time the Dale really paid a significant fee for a player.???
Based in South Wales the Newport game is looking .....................say no more don't want to tempt fate.............I may have to invite my brother ..........history in the making..............good times for the Dale when your top of the pile against all odds pretenders to your crown will try to shoot or shout you down.
Login to get fewer ads

Scunny don't like Hilly on 23:48 - Mar 23 with 2412 viewsShun

Our whole game is the epitome of beauty and style. Anyone who watches us and can't see that shouldn't be watching football.
Scunny don't like Hilly on 03:23 - Mar 24 with 2361 viewsJumeirahDale

Can't be bothered putting it any other way - Scunny can fook right off!
Scunny don't like Hilly on 07:09 - Mar 24 with 2312 viewsaleanddale

Scunny don't like Hilly on 03:23 - Mar 24 by JumeirahDale

Can't be bothered putting it any other way - Scunny can fook right off!

he he.

Scunny don't like Hilly on 09:52 - Mar 24 with 2199 viewsParkinsGimp

Lancashires sending off against sC"NThopre was stupid and maybe cynical but wasnt thuggish, in fact most of our reds have been for silly misplaced/timed tackles. We are certainly not a dirsty team, maybe take a look at Accy, Burton or Morecambe for that.
Still nice to know we worry the sC"NThopre muppets.
Scunny don't like Hilly on 10:31 - Mar 24 with 2173 viewsdeeplishblue

http://espnfc.com/stats/fairplay/_/league/eng.4/english-league-two?cc=5739

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Scunny don't like Hilly on 11:53 - Mar 24 with 2112 viewspaulscho

Slump has now moved into overdrive !!!!

livinginadalewonderland

Scunny don't like Hilly on 12:16 - Mar 24 with 2091 viewsHopwoodblue

Ask yourself how many of the opposing players have been carried off with serious injury when our player has received a red card ? If you go in to hurt someone than thats dirty but for stupid bookings Ie Lunds last Tuesday then its just plain stupidity
How many of our reds have been for a technicallity( ie over zealous celebrating) or a so called professional foul ?
[Post edited 24 Mar 2014 12:18]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Scunny don't like Hilly on 13:10 - Mar 24 with 2006 viewsR17ALE

Cav at Burton for an innocuous tackle.
Vincenti v bury for two yellows - mis-timed tackles.
Donnelly v Accy trying to retrieve the ball after losing it - photos show he clearly won the ball.
O'Connell and Lancashire v Scunny - both mistimed tackles and they were the last man on both occasions.
Rose v Scunny - can't remember this one!
Henderson v bury - two yellows neither of which were.
Lancashire v Torquay - wasn't there so can't comment.
Lund v Northampton - first yellow for a poor tackle, daft second yellow for daring to celebrate his goal with his fans!

So 9 reds is a lot, but not one for thuggery!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Scunny don't like Hilly on 13:16 - Mar 24 with 2001 viewsrobbowood

Scunny don't like Hilly on 12:16 - Mar 24 by Hopwoodblue

Ask yourself how many of the opposing players have been carried off with serious injury when our player has received a red card ? If you go in to hurt someone than thats dirty but for stupid bookings Ie Lunds last Tuesday then its just plain stupidity
How many of our reds have been for a technicallity( ie over zealous celebrating) or a so called professional foul ?
[Post edited 24 Mar 2014 12:18]

100% yes

The more comments on this thread I read the more (to quote Kevin Keegan) I "love it"

To even suggest Dale are the most 'thuggish' and/or 'dirty' team in the division must be the most hilarious nonsense we have read all season

I cannot think of a single match where we kicked the opposition off the pitch. It would be interesting to know what % of Bury FC fans think we are a 'dirty' team

For those who think we are (and I can understand Scunny fans saying we are as we did have three players sent off against them) I suggest they ask the fans of those teams we have 'footballed to death' on many occasions this season what they think
Scunny don't like Hilly on 14:11 - Mar 24 with 1935 viewsD_Alien

I honestly couldn't give one for the opinion of Scunny fans

If we weren't naffing them off by potentially thwarting their title bid they wouldn't be giving us a second thought

The "fair play" table is skewed to buggery, but the only one that matters isn't

[Post edited 24 Mar 2014 14:13]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Scunny don't like Hilly on 14:43 - Mar 24 with 1904 viewsMoonyDale

Scunny don't like Hilly on 14:11 - Mar 24 by D_Alien

If we weren't naffing them off by potentially thwarting their title bid they wouldn't be giving us a second thought

Couldn't have put it better myself........Post of the day.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Scunny don't like Hilly on 14:47 - Mar 24 with 1900 viewsdingdangblue

Scunny don't like Hilly on 13:16 - Mar 24 by robbowood

100% yes

The more comments on this thread I read the more (to quote Kevin Keegan) I "love it"

To even suggest Dale are the most 'thuggish' and/or 'dirty' team in the division must be the most hilarious nonsense we have read all season

I cannot think of a single match where we kicked the opposition off the pitch. It would be interesting to know what % of Bury FC fans think we are a 'dirty' team

For those who think we are (and I can understand Scunny fans saying we are as we did have three players sent off against them) I suggest they ask the fans of those teams we have 'footballed to death' on many occasions this season what they think

Hogan getting away with doing a 'Pardew' on one of their players probably clouds their judgement a little also. Remember a few of their Muppets retweeting some of Hogans thoughts on the ref after the game trying to get him banned.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Scunny don't like Hilly on 18:59 - Mar 24 with 1730 views49thseason

Scunny don't like Hilly on 17:43 - Mar 23 by dale4ever

This is the best yet!

"Back in the days of mud heaps of pitches and gorillas at centre-half it used to be said that the only way out of this division way to kick your way out.

Clearly the 21st century hasn’t caught up with Mr Hill"

But for people like that, Scunthorpe would be called Shorpe
Scunny don't like Hilly on 19:11 - Mar 24 with 1711 viewsTrue_Blue2

Scunny don't like Hilly on 14:11 - Mar 24 by D_Alien

Just what I was thinking as I was reading the thread - I couldn't give a flying fig about what Scunthorpe fans think about Dale, our players, our manager, our card record or whatever.
Scunny don't like Hilly on 20:46 - Mar 24 with 1611 viewsStudiousDale

Scunny don't like Hilly on 22:15 - Mar 24 with 1530 viewswimborne_dale

Good! I hope Hilly reads the comments from Scunny fans and I hope it sorely winds it up . That'll inspire him. He'll translate it to the players and they'll do their talking where it counts.

E I E I E I O
You know the rest.

Edgar Allan's Crow

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024