Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
en-ger-land match thread. 20:20 - Jun 4 with 9595 viewsStantheman

Good going forward, manure centre backs showing why they did carp last season.
en-ger-land match thread. on 21:45 - Jun 4 with 1760 viewsAndyB

en-ger-land match thread. on 21:42 - Jun 4 by CamberleyR

Milner: 46, yes 46! caps, 1 goal. More caps than 4 members of the '66 WC winning team managed (will be five when he inevitably overtakes Geoff Hurst's 49).

What have Capello and Hodgson seen in him?

Not a scooby, i honestly dont know what he brings. Never have.
en-ger-land match thread. on 21:46 - Jun 4 with 1757 viewsMatch82

en-ger-land match thread. on 21:41 - Jun 4 by Jamie

Reckless challenge, got none of the ball and plenty of the man. Standard red card in any competitive game.

Not a competitive game of course, but a good lesson for both players.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2014 21:41]

Rash challenge, but connected with the ball first, then got some of the man.
Linesman flagged for a throw.

Was a foul, possibly a yellow from a harsh ref, or one looking to settle a game down which was getting out of hand. Never a red in a million years, that's all about the reaction and the crowd of players gathering.
en-ger-land match thread. on 21:50 - Jun 4 with 1719 viewsMatch82

en-ger-land match thread. on 21:46 - Jun 4 by Match82

Was a foul, possibly a yellow from a harsh ref, or one looking to settle a game down which was getting out of hand. Never a red in a million years, that's all about the reaction and the crowd of players gathering.

45 seconds
en-ger-land match thread. on 21:54 - Jun 4 with 1683 viewsElHoop

Sterling was a yellow and Valencia a red but strange things happen in World Cups so better the lesson be learned now. I thought that was a much better performance than against Peru but I'm not convinced that he'll gamble enough on youth when the proper stuff starts. Hopefully he will and we'll have some fun.
en-ger-land match thread. on 21:55 - Jun 4 with 1682 viewsStantheman

The barn owl has some thinking to do, drop shrek to the bench and start porridge, sterling and ox/barkley me thinks.

HootHoot

Add lalananananana to the mix to, quality player.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2014 21:58]
en-ger-land match thread. on 21:55 - Jun 4 with 1678 viewsBromleyHoop

That has teed me up nicely for what I should expect from Engerland in the World Cup - A lack of quality, cohesion and movement, not getting out of the group stage and ultimate disapointment.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

en-ger-land match thread. on 21:56 - Jun 4 with 1673 viewsbosh67

en-ger-land match thread. on 21:50 - Jun 4 by Match82

45 seconds

Looking at it again I think the ref has a rush of blood to the head. Valencia needed a good talking to and having seen it 3 times now Sterling takes the ball first. Not a great challenge but not a terrible one or that dangerous. If the ref had kept his head the whole thing could have been sorted without any cards and the two would have got a stiff talking to. Ref possibly thought if I don't send them both off I could get marked down. I think he may get marked down for the way he handled it all, plus the Chamberlaine decision which was a fairly awful foul by their player on him. Hope the standard is better in a few weeks.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

en-ger-land match thread. on 22:04 - Jun 4 with 1652 viewsnedflanders

en-ger-land match thread. on 21:55 - Jun 4 by BromleyHoop

That has teed me up nicely for what I should expect from Engerland in the World Cup - A lack of quality, cohesion and movement, not getting out of the group stage and ultimate disapointment.

Tbf that was a reserve side. Uruguay have a poor defence and Suarez is a big doubt- Diego Lugano - need I say more?? And Italy have lost one of their most important players to injury this week and have warmed up tonight with a draw against Luxembourg!! I would hope we get out of group at least. Screwed if Cahill jagielka or Baines gets injured tho.
Login to get fewer ads

en-ger-land match thread. on 22:08 - Jun 4 with 1638 viewsBromleyHoop

en-ger-land match thread. on 22:04 - Jun 4 by nedflanders

Tbf that was a reserve side. Uruguay have a poor defence and Suarez is a big doubt- Diego Lugano - need I say more?? And Italy have lost one of their most important players to injury this week and have warmed up tonight with a draw against Luxembourg!! I would hope we get out of group at least. Screwed if Cahill jagielka or Baines gets injured tho.

This was against Ecuador. England were naiive in the extreme and showed a total lack of nouse at this level. The game was far too open after we took the lead. Oxlade Chamberlain looked sharp though.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

en-ger-land match thread. on 22:15 - Jun 4 with 1609 viewsnedflanders

en-ger-land match thread. on 22:08 - Jun 4 by BromleyHoop

This was against Ecuador. England were naiive in the extreme and showed a total lack of nouse at this level. The game was far too open after we took the lead. Oxlade Chamberlain looked sharp though.

The same Ecuador who took 4 points off Uruguay in qualifying?? I know England are no great shakes but the press would have you believe we are in some super group which is clearly not the case and at full strength they should qualify from group at least.
en-ger-land match thread. on 22:22 - Jun 4 with 1577 viewsElHoop

The conditions out there are shit though. Will the likes of Rooney and Gerrard be able to make an impact in that heat? If they don't will it be too late before the kids get a chance?
en-ger-land match thread. on 22:47 - Jun 4 with 1518 viewsMatch82

en-ger-land match thread. on 22:22 - Jun 4 by ElHoop

The conditions out there are shit though. Will the likes of Rooney and Gerrard be able to make an impact in that heat? If they don't will it be too late before the kids get a chance?

The conditions do worry me.

But it works both ways and I do like that for the first time in as long as I can remember, we have several legitimate game-changers on the bench, depending on who starts.

I don't think the likes of Italy are going to be thrilled seeing Sterling, Ox, Lallana, Sturridge or Barkley coming on. Presuming we'll start with 2 of those, but even so that would mean good options from the bench.
en-ger-land match thread. on 22:59 - Jun 4 with 1488 viewsTheBlob

Would rather have Rob Green than Foster.That was quite alarming.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

en-ger-land match thread. on 23:07 - Jun 4 with 1472 viewsPunteR

I thought Shaw looked ok at left back,apart from Ecuador's first goal. Barkley and Ox looked good. Wilshire looks shot to bits imo. Everytime he picked the ball up he dithered,a player went into him and he went to ground liked he just picked up another injury.
Milner is not a right back.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

en-ger-land match thread. on 23:10 - Jun 4 with 1470 viewsVancouverHoop

en-ger-land match thread. on 21:46 - Jun 4 by Match82

That ref has been suspended twice by MLS for poor decision making.
en-ger-land match thread. on 23:51 - Jun 4 with 1429 viewsbob566

Entertaining game. Was that the same valencia that plays for United. Brilliant till he got sent off. Gave shaw an awful time which begs the question. Why was he fack for utd this season. Its normally the other way round. Player's good for club and crap for country. Thought smalling and jones were crap. Barkley and ox good
en-ger-land match thread. on 07:08 - Jun 5 with 1346 viewsjohnhoop

Sod's law isn't it. I'd never really seen much of Oxlade-Chamberlain before that game last night but he looked like one of the only real threats we could pose to opposition defences in this tournament.
And then you find out this morning that he could be out of it before it even starts !
en-ger-land match thread. on 12:25 - Jun 5 with 1248 viewsTHEBUSH

en-ger-land match thread. on 23:51 - Jun 4 by bob566

Entertaining game. Was that the same valencia that plays for United. Brilliant till he got sent off. Gave shaw an awful time which begs the question. Why was he fack for utd this season. Its normally the other way round. Player's good for club and crap for country. Thought smalling and jones were crap. Barkley and ox good

Smalling and Jones were left exposed by Hodgson not playing a defensive midfielder in front of them.

I suppose we have Gerrard and Henderson to play in that position in the WC, hope they don't get injured.
en-ger-land match thread. on 12:44 - Jun 5 with 1233 viewsDANRANGER

defence was badly exposed but a good work out for them. Presume the 1st team will play Saturday and I would have had Ox in it if fit in place of Welbeck. Rooney will be selected but Barkley has shown so much more in 1 game than Rooney in the last 3-4. Still rate Rooney but just like when he burst onto the scene, we have youngsters showing more at the moment.

Italy haven't won a game since September so we need to be positive and attack them and although Woy won't do it. personally I'd have Lallana / Barkley / OX behind Sturridge but I'd be amazed if he dropped Rooney.

Be nice for them to come home with no regrets but Woy doesn't strike me as the exuberant type so expect to be cautious.
en-ger-land match thread. on 12:53 - Jun 5 with 1220 viewsjohnhoop

en-ger-land match thread. on 12:44 - Jun 5 by DANRANGER

defence was badly exposed but a good work out for them. Presume the 1st team will play Saturday and I would have had Ox in it if fit in place of Welbeck. Rooney will be selected but Barkley has shown so much more in 1 game than Rooney in the last 3-4. Still rate Rooney but just like when he burst onto the scene, we have youngsters showing more at the moment.

Italy haven't won a game since September so we need to be positive and attack them and although Woy won't do it. personally I'd have Lallana / Barkley / OX behind Sturridge but I'd be amazed if he dropped Rooney.

Be nice for them to come home with no regrets but Woy doesn't strike me as the exuberant type so expect to be cautious.

You're dead right there about Woy if the last Euros were anything to go by-that quarter final or whatever it was when we just sat back and played for penalties almost from the first whistle against Italy of all people was the most cringe-makingly embarrassing performance I've ever seen from an England team.
en-ger-land match thread. on 17:20 - Jun 5 with 1177 viewsTHEBUSH

en-ger-land match thread. on 12:53 - Jun 5 by johnhoop

You're dead right there about Woy if the last Euros were anything to go by-that quarter final or whatever it was when we just sat back and played for penalties almost from the first whistle against Italy of all people was the most cringe-makingly embarrassing performance I've ever seen from an England team.

Imo, things have changed this time, as our best players are attacking minded, we are short changed on top class defenders.

My team would be, Hart, Johnson, Jagelka, Cayhill, Baines, Gerrard, Henderson, Lallana, Rooney, Lambert, Sterling
en-ger-land match thread. on 17:27 - Jun 5 with 1171 viewspaulparker

Italy are there for the taking, as said before I would play Rooney in Midfield
if we can win the 1st game the pressure will be off us

GK Hart
RB jones
CB Jagielka
CB Cahill
LB Baines

DCM Gerrard
CM Rooney
CM Milner Would have played Ox but he is injured

AMR Barkley, have him & Rooney Rotating positions
AML Sturridge
CF Lambert

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

en-ger-land match thread. on 19:02 - Jun 5 with 1156 viewsMatch82

en-ger-land match thread. on 17:20 - Jun 5 by THEBUSH

Imo, things have changed this time, as our best players are attacking minded, we are short changed on top class defenders.

My team would be, Hart, Johnson, Jagelka, Cayhill, Baines, Gerrard, Henderson, Lallana, Rooney, Lambert, Sterling

Same, with Ox ahead of Sterling if he's fit in time.
I think he'll go with Sturridge ahead of Lambert though.
en-ger-land match thread. on 19:16 - Jun 5 with 1148 viewsjamois

I kind of like the idea of Rooney playing deeper next to Gerrard and being the link between midfield and the front 4. He'd be effective running from deeper and getting behind their defence.. And his first touch and pass would help us keep control of the ball better. Would like to see the experiment anyway.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

en-ger-land match thread. on 15:19 - Jun 7 with 1073 viewsStantheman

Joes is the worst player on the pitch, for both sides followed by smalling. Ox is playing well now too many off the pace. Rooney isn't world class. let's hope no-one gets injured from the a team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024