Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you were to drop one player who would you choose. 12:13 - Jan 12 with 3587 viewskingsburyR

Joey for me, didn't we perform well during is injury absence?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 12:14 - Jan 12 with 2481 viewsWeaverQPR

another one for Barton

@WeavQPR

If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 12:23 - Jan 12 with 2452 viewsQPunkR

If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 12:14 - Jan 12 by WeaverQPR

another one for Barton

A thousand times this

QPR - "shit but local"

If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 12:26 - Jan 12 with 2443 viewsadhoc_qpr

Another vote for Barton here!

It's not just that he gives it away, he hangs onto it, let's everyone makes a forward run and then tamely passed it straight to the nearest oppo midfielder who waltzes straight past Barton and suddenly the whole game has opened up for the oppo!

This happens repeatedly too!
If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 12:29 - Jan 12 with 2427 viewsthame_hoops

I'd drop Barton...off a cliff
If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 12:39 - Jan 12 with 2408 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

You drop players if you have a better alternative. Until Sandro and Yun are fit the team is best left as it is. The Burnley game turned on two bad pieces of defending by Isla, Dunne and Caulker.

Barton's apparent blindness to Burnley players standing in the way of a few of his passes wasn't the main problem. Barton's pass completion in the Championship was very high when he Carroll and Kranjcar were weaving pointless patterns on the halfway line. His problem isn't passing accuracy, it is trying to force the play too much and too many hopeful balls.
If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 13:18 - Jan 12 with 2367 viewsRaymond

Barton Al day every day & twice on Sundays.

Absolutely piss poor.
If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 13:28 - Jan 12 with 2336 viewsactonman

Dylan from the magic roundabout , I just think our all round play suffers to acomadate him and he is no left winger !
If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 13:36 - Jan 12 with 2307 viewsHunterhoop

If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 12:39 - Jan 12 by Spaghetti_Hoops

You drop players if you have a better alternative. Until Sandro and Yun are fit the team is best left as it is. The Burnley game turned on two bad pieces of defending by Isla, Dunne and Caulker.

Barton's apparent blindness to Burnley players standing in the way of a few of his passes wasn't the main problem. Barton's pass completion in the Championship was very high when he Carroll and Kranjcar were weaving pointless patterns on the halfway line. His problem isn't passing accuracy, it is trying to force the play too much and too many hopeful balls.

"His problem isn't passing accuracy, it is trying to force the play too much and too many hopeful balls."

...and then failing to pass the ball accurately....

I understand the "reasons" you state, and there is some truth there but it's still him passing the ball unsuccessfully and still him choosing to "force the play" and play "hopeful balls". That's the problem.

Whatever the reasons, it's still poor passing from him.

And he did the same in the Championship, he just didn't get punished as much for it as he does now. We also spent hours in the championship needlessly passing it back and forth between the defence and midfield, when we had one goal leads, in some perverse attempt to make out we were the Barcelona of the Championship, when instead It was just phenomenally dull.
Login to get fewer ads

If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 13:38 - Jan 12 with 2301 viewsstowmarketrange

Definitely Barton,hopefully from a great height with Mutch,Fer,Swp and Rio standing underneath him.
If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 13:39 - Jan 12 with 2296 viewsdaveB

When Sandro comes back I'd drop Barton but before then not sure we have a better alternative to him. Mutch and Fer haven't looked any better when played in the middle.
If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 13:48 - Jan 12 with 2278 viewsDWQPR

Fer for me. Absolutely useless in 99% of the things he does. Doesn't tackle, doesn't track back, cannot control a wet bag of cement and cannot pass a ball. Forget all this bull about being played out of position, he is just a very poor footballer. At least Barton for all his faults can do three of the four basics I listed.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 13:50 - Jan 12 with 2269 viewsLblock

Fer

I detest his attitude without the ball
His languid style has no place in a relegation battle

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 14:03 - Jan 12 with 2239 viewsDANRANGER

If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 13:39 - Jan 12 by daveB

When Sandro comes back I'd drop Barton but before then not sure we have a better alternative to him. Mutch and Fer haven't looked any better when played in the middle.

It is difficult as we left Barton out against Sheff Utd and gave Mutch a go and we all know what happened there. He has spoken a lot since the Saturday game but he needs to look within and sort his game out and fast. He'll play against Utd.

Going back to OP, Austin apart, it could be anyone. He needs to pick players in their most natural position and give them a chance. Keep it simple especially away from home and work on a structure to get our better players on the ball in the final 3rd.

For Utd game I'd go 4-3-3 and play Taarabt & Vargas wide of Austin with Henry, Barton & Fer in the middle and keep the tempo high and the ball in their half. If Utd play 3 at the back all the better.
If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 14:24 - Jan 12 with 2215 viewsDiscodroids

i saw someone say they wouldnt have played zamora saturday and rested him for next weekend !! , what for?, to take him for a shave, then off to feed the ducks, then for a lunch that requires no mastication.

hopefully all in under ten minutes until the following weekend when you have to pick up the urine soaked holborn old shag toothless old cnt again so the crumbling bone vitamin b, b12 , c, d and e deficient old fkr keeps you in his will.

for christ sake . wont someone administer the last rites and put him to sleep. ive got better things to do on a saturday like count the sweetcorn in my feces.

Ineffectual Vargas and his plucked sophia loren eyebrows , and brassneck barton give me the right raving hump as well.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2015 14:44]

A Number One.

If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 14:29 - Jan 12 with 2196 viewsHunterhoop

If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 14:24 - Jan 12 by Discodroids

i saw someone say they wouldnt have played zamora saturday and rested him for next weekend !! , what for?, to take him for a shave, then off to feed the ducks, then for a lunch that requires no mastication.

hopefully all in under ten minutes until the following weekend when you have to pick up the urine soaked holborn old shag toothless old cnt again so the crumbling bone vitamin b, b12 , c, d and e deficient old fkr keeps you in his will.

for christ sake . wont someone administer the last rites and put him to sleep. ive got better things to do on a saturday like count the sweetcorn in my feces.

Ineffectual Vargas and his plucked sophia loren eyebrows , and brassneck barton give me the right raving hump as well.

The tactic of "lump it to Bobby and see what happens" hasn't really been working for weeks now. He's not been effective for quite a while.

On Saturday he was embarrassing. He looked like some old biddy from a care home who was confused about where he was. He seemed surprised when the ball came near him and appeared to be doing what he could to not touch it.
If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 14:30 - Jan 12 with 2194 viewsdaveB

If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 14:24 - Jan 12 by Discodroids

That was me. I think in certain games Zamora can be a big asset, some teams can't defend against a target man and if we get the shape of the midfield right with Vargas running off him and Austin as well it works well as it did against Man City, Liverpool and several other games this season.
If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 14:33 - Jan 12 with 2182 viewsWeaverQPR

We've been found out with BZ, he looks less effective each game.

@WeavQPR

If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 14:34 - Jan 12 with 2179 viewsrunningman75

After Saturdays performance I would drop Caulker and put Onuoha against Man Untd.
If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 14:43 - Jan 12 with 2169 viewsDiscodroids

If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 14:30 - Jan 12 by daveB

That was me. I think in certain games Zamora can be a big asset, some teams can't defend against a target man and if we get the shape of the midfield right with Vargas running off him and Austin as well it works well as it did against Man City, Liverpool and several other games this season.

you certainly bring calming waters when needed to this message board when required, but me and you are are yin and yang as far as this fellow is concerned.

Harolds two year riech culminating in putting into the mixer for someone who makes ross jenkins looks look like emilio butraugeno is not even funny anymore.

its tragic , and makes a mockery of the club i love in the premier league 2015.

All that money on transfers and wages , All that staff, All that backing from his groupie fernandes....and THAT'S the sum result of his labours ??. the sum of all our fears??, harolds Mein Kampf ??.say it aint so harold.

say it aint so.

A Number One.

If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 14:53 - Jan 12 with 2151 viewspaulparker

If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 14:30 - Jan 12 by daveB

the last game he was effective in was City at Home , that's it ,
yet again the decision not to buy a striker at the start of the season has bitten us on the arse
we done the budget on a crock when we may as well as played Henry and kept the money to buy a striker
only HR could go into a PL season with Austin (unproven) Zamora (shot ) and think that would keep us up , oh and the other player we have who can probably play upfront (vargas) we play Right wing
that sum total of 3 players was going to fire us to glory
Jesus Wept

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 14:55 - Jan 12 with 2144 viewsadhoc_qpr

When Sandro comes back we'll be fine for 55 minutes or so, when he next pulls up injured and then back to Barton!
If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 15:11 - Jan 12 with 2119 viewsmendipexile

Close between Fer and Joey, but would be Joey for me. His passing is awful, constantly gives the ball away and his corners and free kicks are usually crap. He is far too slow so never picks up any 'second balls' as he is not mobile enough. Plus with Joey he has to carry the weight of his enormous ago around for 90 mins so that must take a toll on him.
Fer annoys the hell out of me as I think there is a good player in there, he just doesn't seem bothered most of the time. He is one of the laziest midfielders you will see in the prem. But, he has scored goals so Joey gets the bullet from me.
If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 15:24 - Jan 12 with 2087 viewsdaveB

If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 14:53 - Jan 12 by paulparker

the last game he was effective in was City at Home , that's it ,
yet again the decision not to buy a striker at the start of the season has bitten us on the arse
we done the budget on a crock when we may as well as played Henry and kept the money to buy a striker
only HR could go into a PL season with Austin (unproven) Zamora (shot ) and think that would keep us up , oh and the other player we have who can probably play upfront (vargas) we play Right wing
that sum total of 3 players was going to fire us to glory
Jesus Wept

I thought he did ok against Swansea for an hour but he's never going to be able to do it every week. Having another body next to Austin just to create space really helped us. I think Zamora can be effective from the start if used properly. United at home falls into that category but we've flogged him to death in games where he was never going to have any effect so he probably won't be as effective as he could be. If we're going to play a number 10 now off Austin in either Adel or Zarate then I doubt he'll start many more games this season
If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 15:26 - Jan 12 with 2080 viewsCiderwithRsie

Agreed.

Really wish i could say different regarding Mutch, but there you are.
If you were to drop one player who would you choose. on 15:27 - Jan 12 with 2074 viewsbosh67

None.

We have decent enough players.

Looking to drop someone? Drop the so called coaching set up and get in coaches who are in the 21st century.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024