Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boring, Boring Swansea 18:44 - Feb 7 with 26140 viewsbobrien

We are dull, It's official. We play unimaginative and boring football. There's no point pretending anymore. We are just another football club now. Having matched us play a uneventful game today against Sunderland, I was left with a feeling of disappointment and frustration. There more questions than answers like what is our game plan without the ball, why can't we play a different formation and why o why is Nathan Dyer is starting?. We have no tempo, we have no style, we have no leaders, we have no character and we have no plan a let alone a plan b. I know people will say look at the table, look at our points tally and they may have a point but look at the football pitch. We have been lucky in lots of games this season. Burnley deserved atleast a point, how we got a anything from the Villa is still a mystery, we also didn't deserve anything from West Ham at home, Everton away and Sunderland away and that's not even mentioning last Sunday against Southampton. We are not special anymore, we don't play great football our even good football. We have become boring, boring Swansea City
Boring, Boring Swansea on 19:54 - Feb 7 with 1703 viewsLeonisGod

Boring, Boring Swansea on 19:46 - Feb 7 by Mervyn

Bob this premiership marlarky is tough going and we are doing remarkably well...PLEASE DONT CALL THE SWANS BORING,

We're punching above our weight and the team isnt full of 20 million,30 million pound players, performances will naturally be up and down and confidence plays a huge part.

If you plan on staying for the duration just get behind the boys and try and enjoy

We're not right, anyone can see that. Not sure I feel the need to whinge about it because you're right, we still are a small team in this division and every season in it is a bonus. But we've lost our zip. A couple of moves today showed were we'd all like to be more often. Lots of changes recently though, so hopefully we'll find some crispness in our passing and movement as things settle down and new players bed in.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 19:56 - Feb 7 with 1695 viewsbobrien

Bob this premiership marlarky is tough going and we are doing remarkably well...PLEASE DONT CALL THE SWANS BORING,

We're punching above our weight and the team isnt full of 20 million,30 million pound players, performances will naturally be up and down and confidence plays a huge part.

If you plan on staying for the duration just get behind the boys and try and enjoy

I don't want to call the Swans boring but it's TRUE. Also I hate the terminology "punching above our weight", if that's the clubs attitude we'd still be in League One.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2015 19:57]
Boring, Boring Swansea on 19:58 - Feb 7 with 1685 viewsBloodyhills

Boring, Boring Swansea on 18:45 - Feb 7 by perchrockjack

So do the right thing and fook off if you re bored..

Take up a hobby or help the homeless.

Pitiful

I'm more certain than ever swansea people don't deserve a pl outfit

So Swansea CIty don't deserve to be in the Premier League because some Swans fans have opinions you don't agree with? :O

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:02 - Feb 7 with 1667 viewsBloodyhills

I actually thought we played quite well today. Created some decent chances with some crisp passing.

Thought Shelvey was good. Much better playing him further up the field.

Gomis seemed to slip on his arse a lot but once he finds his feet he'll hopefully start putting some in the back of the net.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:12 - Feb 7 with 1638 viewsazjack

I care.

end of season only points counts and nobody cares how pretty or ugly we have played
Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:12 - Feb 7 with 1638 viewsDavillin

I agree with you, Mervyn.

For years I've wondered why so many fans of Premier League teams believe their team needs to win at least a half-dozen trophies every season or the team is shit. Or simply play 90 minutes of shimmering and scintillating football in every game. Or whatever pipe dream dominate their thoughts.

It's the toughest league in the world -- or at least one of the toughest -- where every other team is at least striving for mid-table, and is capable of beating every other team. And too many of the fans who denigrate their team ignore the fact that the opposition always affects how their team performs and whether and when their team succeeds.

I think it's a sort of self-created sense of entitlement. And undeserved.

Like so many others of you, I've been supporting the Swans for a long time and through REALLY tough times, and I am able to put the struggles and occasional and various disappoints of the Premier League in the context of having played through the leagues.

And the result -- for me -- is a recognition that these are the good times that I and so many like me used to just dream about.

The O.P. might find happiness by easing up a bit.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:14 - Feb 7 with 1628 viewsmonmouth

The OP is partly right. He is dull.

edit. Sorry, uncalled for. OK, more constructively, that was a totally typical Swans performance from the Rodgers era and many games under laudrup. We dominated the ball and couldn't find the cutting edge. If Ki's offside goal had stood (someone said it was onside in the ground?) I reckon we'd have gone on to win 3 or 4. At least we didn't surrender to them 2-0 and then patronise them about how great we are.

Decent point gained imo, starting to play much more possession based football (that's what people wanted after we only won last week wasn't it?) and I think it's starting to gel nicely. Bony going has hobbled us a bit, but I suppose GMs to blame for that too?
[Post edited 7 Feb 2015 20:27]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:19 - Feb 7 with 1606 viewsFlashberryjack

Boring, Boring Swansea on 19:12 - Feb 7 by Neath_Jack

The OP makes plenty of pertinent points in his post in fairness.

With respect......what do you regard as pertinent points in the OP ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:23 - Feb 7 with 1596 viewsMervyn

Boring, Boring Swansea on 19:56 - Feb 7 by bobrien

I don't want to call the Swans boring but it's TRUE. Also I hate the terminology "punching above our weight", if that's the clubs attitude we'd still be in League One.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2015 19:57]

when you consider the Swans have outplayed the billionaires of Arsenal, Man city,Spurs ,Man Utd etc with a team made up of free transfers, loanees and some Aldi special offers surely thats punching well above our weight.......managers and players have moved on so if your expecting the Barcelona style of play to carry on you'd better prepare yourself for some more boredom ...well .im thoughly enjoying this journey and maybe one day you'll look back and have a totally different outlook.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:23 - Feb 7 with 1593 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:12 - Feb 7 by Davillin

For years I've wondered why so many fans of Premier League teams believe their team needs to win at least a half-dozen trophies every season or the team is shit. Or simply play 90 minutes of shimmering and scintillating football in every game. Or whatever pipe dream dominate their thoughts.

It's the toughest league in the world -- or at least one of the toughest -- where every other team is at least striving for mid-table, and is capable of beating every other team. And too many of the fans who denigrate their team ignore the fact that the opposition always affects how their team performs and whether and when their team succeeds.

Like so many others of you, I've been supporting the Swans for a long time and through REALLY tough times, and I am able to put the struggles and occasional and various disappoints of the Premier League in the context of having played through the leagues.

And the result -- for me -- is a recognition that these are the good times that I and so many like me used to just dream about.

Please, please stop putting words in my mouth. I never said we need to win half dozen trophies a season and I said we were "S**t". I don't ignore the fact the opposition affect how teams perform and I know this is a tough league. Please read what I said, instead of jumping to the conclusion some sort of fan that thinks we should win 5-0 every week because I'm not.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:24 - Feb 7 with 1579 viewsperchrockjack

Bloody hills.

Sorry la but uou Ve misinterpreted.

Try this.

If top ten prem league and established at top level ain't enough then fook off and support another club.

People not satisfied with where we are pose a problem.
Without doubt we behave cretinous followers amongst us.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:26 - Feb 7 with 1583 viewsjackonicko

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:23 - Feb 7 by Mervyn

when you consider the Swans have outplayed the billionaires of Arsenal, Man city,Spurs ,Man Utd etc with a team made up of free transfers, loanees and some Aldi special offers surely thats punching well above our weight.......managers and players have moved on so if your expecting the Barcelona style of play to carry on you'd better prepare yourself for some more boredom ...well .im thoughly enjoying this journey and maybe one day you'll look back and have a totally different outlook.

I actually enjoyed the game today.

If Gomis had been more clinical and put the finishing touch on a couple of moves, we would have been fawning over the goals scored for the rest of the season.

Ki is a very welcome return. We had a bit of zing back.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:27 - Feb 7 with 1580 viewsJackanapes

Someone should start a thread titled ' Boring, boring Swansea "supporters" '.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:27 - Feb 7 with 1570 viewsperchrockjack

Ki was triffic especially as he s just come back from oz.

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:27 - Feb 7 with 1579 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:14 - Feb 7 by monmouth

The OP is partly right. He is dull.

edit. Sorry, uncalled for. OK, more constructively, that was a totally typical Swans performance from the Rodgers era and many games under laudrup. We dominated the ball and couldn't find the cutting edge. If Ki's offside goal had stood (someone said it was onside in the ground?) I reckon we'd have gone on to win 3 or 4. At least we didn't surrender to them 2-0 and then patronise them about how great we are.

Decent point gained imo, starting to play much more possession based football (that's what people wanted after we only won last week wasn't it?) and I think it's starting to gel nicely. Bony going has hobbled us a bit, but I suppose GMs to blame for that too?
[Post edited 7 Feb 2015 20:27]

I'm not dull and if read what I said, I didnt mention Gary Monk once
Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:30 - Feb 7 with 1443 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:23 - Feb 7 by Mervyn

I think you've misunderstood what I meant.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:31 - Feb 7 with 1440 viewsApeShit

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:12 - Feb 7 by Davillin

You've completely missed the point of the OP.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:32 - Feb 7 with 1431 viewsperchrockjack

Every week win lose or draw we have comments suggesting we are some sort of basket case.

It's just incredible.

I really don't know what people want or maybe I do and thst s worse.

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:34 - Feb 7 with 1434 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:24 - Feb 7 by perchrockjack

Bloody hills.

Sorry la but uou Ve misinterpreted.

Try this.

If top ten prem league and established at top level ain't enough then fook off and support another club.

People not satisfied with where we are pose a problem.
Without doubt we behave cretinous followers amongst us.

I feel I've made valid points. You however have not. This is not about the league table, it's about much something much greater; the clubs identity.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2015 20:35]
Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:37 - Feb 7 with 1422 viewsWxmJax

The OP obviously wasn't at the Sunderland away game because they are the worst team I have seen going on that performance truly awful, dull and boring. Nice Stadium though. They were there for the taking that day but we failed to capitalise on it, probably because Gomis started the match. Gomis was 10 times better today than he was at The Stadium of Light, make of that what you will.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:38 - Feb 7 with 1418 viewsmonmouth

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:34 - Feb 7 by bobrien

I feel I've made valid points. You however have not. This is not about the league table, it's about much something much greater; the clubs identity.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2015 20:35]

The clubs identity my arse. We played today exactly like we played all season under Rodgers, mostly better.

The clubs identity....well I've been watching since 1971, what identity is that then? The clubs identity, f*ck a duck.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:40 - Feb 7 with 1406 viewsperchrockjack

The clubs identity.?

What ll that be then..

Is it set in stone.

Is it better to retain this identity but play football in the lower leagues.

Identity my are. It's dewy eyed crap.
We need to stay wherecwe are and raise the profile of the club and of the city.

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:40 - Feb 7 with 1411 viewsJackanapes

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:38 - Feb 7 by monmouth

The clubs identity my arse. We played today exactly like we played all season under Rodgers, mostly better.

The clubs identity....well I've been watching since 1971, what identity is that then? The clubs identity, f*ck a duck.

I love you in the face

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:43 - Feb 7 with 1399 viewsperchrockjack

Me and Monny.now kindred spirits. Beware

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:45 - Feb 7 with 1397 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:38 - Feb 7 by monmouth

There's no need to so aggressive. Your lying to yourself if you thought we played today like we did under Rodgers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024