Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boring, Boring Swansea 18:44 - Feb 7 with 26138 viewsbobrien

We are dull, It's official. We play unimaginative and boring football. There's no point pretending anymore. We are just another football club now. Having matched us play a uneventful game today against Sunderland, I was left with a feeling of disappointment and frustration. There more questions than answers like what is our game plan without the ball, why can't we play a different formation and why o why is Nathan Dyer is starting?. We have no tempo, we have no style, we have no leaders, we have no character and we have no plan a let alone a plan b. I know people will say look at the table, look at our points tally and they may have a point but look at the football pitch. We have been lucky in lots of games this season. Burnley deserved atleast a point, how we got a anything from the Villa is still a mystery, we also didn't deserve anything from West Ham at home, Everton away and Sunderland away and that's not even mentioning last Sunday against Southampton. We are not special anymore, we don't play great football our even good football. We have become boring, boring Swansea City
Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:31 - Feb 7 with 1969 viewsBobJack

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:22 - Feb 7 by BobJack

What bored you and your mates ?

Just been down arrowed by the troll that is jackfath for asking this. Haha.

drinks on a Friday and Saturday and his nonsense starts. Carry on Sir.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:35 - Feb 7 with 1957 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:28 - Feb 7 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Let's not forget 'our style' is spoken of by all concerned with its inception as an adaptation, a way for a club to punch above its weight in league 1 back in 2007, a way to do things differently and get ahead of the game.

It's taken us a long way, but the game's changing, we need to adapt again to try and keep ahead of the curve. If we just focus on reliving 2007-2013 on constant repeat, we'll get left behind, wallowing in nostalgia and 'style' as the game passes us by.

That's one opinion. It doesn't state what the next adaptation is, but it's an opinion.

Good post. I guess I'm a romantic who feel in love with our football club during that period and it's heartbreaking to see that disappearing.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:36 - Feb 7 with 1957 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:30 - Feb 7 by GixerJack

Not half as dull as you...

Brilliant. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:48 - Feb 7 with 1927 viewsGeoffThom

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:47 - Feb 7 by oh_tommy_tommy

My thoughts

Our build up play is so slow , teams can organise themselves .

We have a fantastic squad , monk isn't brining the best out of it .

This post is the winner and what op is alluding too were very pedestrian for a few months now and have been getting away with some results were we were well second best
Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:50 - Feb 7 with 1919 viewsDavillin

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:31 - Feb 7 by ApeShit

You've completely missed the point of the OP.

Perhaps you have a bug up your ass about my posts. Do you not realize that you frequently make cutting remarks about me without justification, and not about what I write?

And it's far more likely that you missed the point of my post, if I were to put it more kindly.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:51 - Feb 7 with 1909 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:35 - Feb 7 by bobrien

Good post. I guess I'm a romantic who feel in love with our football club during that period and it's heartbreaking to see that disappearing.

I'm being more devil's advocate than anything else. I absolutely share your attachment to the technical, possession-based, continental game we've become associated with; I'm also aware of how time can be brutal on those who don't adapt and change before it's too late.

I guess there's an argument to be made (and no doubt rockin will be along to make it...) that we'd rather go down fighting the 'good football' fight than stay up playing like Stoke. But there's a long way between 'not being 2012 Swansea' and 'being Stoke'. As has been mentioned before, today was almost a trademark 'Swansea Way' performance. Let's not forget that 'Swansea Way' is as much about a lot of ineffectual tw*tting about lacking urgency and potency as it is about scintillating football.

I'd love us to retain a technical, possession game forever, but I'm always open to things changing to keep us at the vanguard...as long as we don't become Stoke...or QPR...;)
[Post edited 7 Feb 2015 22:04]

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:58 - Feb 7 with 1893 viewsDavillin

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:51 - Feb 7 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I'm being more devil's advocate than anything else. I absolutely share your attachment to the technical, possession-based, continental game we've become associated with; I'm also aware of how time can be brutal on those who don't adapt and change before it's too late.

I guess there's an argument to be made (and no doubt rockin will be along to make it...) that we'd rather go down fighting the 'good football' fight than stay up playing like Stoke. But there's a long way between 'not being 2012 Swansea' and 'being Stoke'. As has been mentioned before, today was almost a trademark 'Swansea Way' performance. Let's not forget that 'Swansea Way' is as much about a lot of ineffectual tw*tting about lacking urgency and potency as it is about scintillating football.

I'd love us to retain a technical, possession game forever, but I'm always open to things changing to keep us at the vanguard...as long as we don't become Stoke...or QPR...;)

Good post, thanks.

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:01 - Feb 7 with 1891 viewsSS2013

Best point total in the premiership per game and yet there's still some numptys that complain!

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Login to get fewer ads

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:03 - Feb 7 with 1878 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:51 - Feb 7 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Another excellent post. I agree we are long way from being Stoke (thank god).
Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:04 - Feb 7 with 1874 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:01 - Feb 7 by SS2013

Best point total in the premiership per game and yet there's still some numptys that complain!

Please read what I said again
Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:09 - Feb 7 with 1860 viewsBobJack

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:47 - Feb 7 by oh_tommy_tommy

My thoughts

Our build up play is so slow , teams can organise themselves .

We have a fantastic squad , monk isn't brining the best out of it .

What do you recommend we do Tommy ?

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:18 - Feb 7 with 1841 viewsScoobyWho

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:09 - Feb 7 by BobJack

What do you recommend we do Tommy ?

Some would say he has made our play insipid, boring and stale.
Others would agree and state he has got us at a level not that different to West Ham away last season.

I would say his real test comes in the 2015/16 season, where I have no doubt he will be sacked.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:20 - Feb 7 with 1826 viewsDavillin

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:23 - Feb 7 by bobrien

Please, please stop putting words in my mouth. I never said we need to win half dozen trophies a season and I said we were "S**t". I don't ignore the fact the opposition affect how teams perform and I know this is a tough league. Please read what I said, instead of jumping to the conclusion some sort of fan that thinks we should win 5-0 every week because I'm not.

I wrote, “For years I've wondered why so many fans of Premier League teams believe their team needs to win at least a half-dozen trophies every season or the team is shit.”

Inasmuch as this is allegedly your first post, I couldn’t have been wondering about you “for years,” now could I?

And you surely aren’t “so many fans of Premier League teams,” but only one.

And you never mentioned any trophies, but they do, regularly..

You’re so vain, I’ll bet you think my post was about you.

Wrong.

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:24 - Feb 7 with 1806 viewsApeShit

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:50 - Feb 7 by Davillin

Perhaps you have a bug up your ass about my posts. Do you not realize that you frequently make cutting remarks about me without justification, and not about what I write?

And it's far more likely that you missed the point of my post, if I were to put it more kindly.

Apologies, but your post was addressing something completely different to the OP.

So yes, I did miss the point of your post, what is it?
Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:28 - Feb 7 with 1793 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:20 - Feb 7 by Davillin

I wrote, “For years I've wondered why so many fans of Premier League teams believe their team needs to win at least a half-dozen trophies every season or the team is shit.”

Inasmuch as this is allegedly your first post, I couldn’t have been wondering about you “for years,” now could I?

And you surely aren’t “so many fans of Premier League teams,” but only one.

And you never mentioned any trophies, but they do, regularly..

You’re so vain, I’ll bet you think my post was about you.

Wrong.

Well nobody else at that point had agreed with my post and I hadn't said at that point it was my first post. So it was obviously directed at me, don't back out because I poked holes in everything you said.

And it took you nearly 2 hours to make a comeback. That's really poor.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:31 - Feb 7 with 1784 viewsmahoss

What a ridiculous post,we,re 9th in the prem.
I remember Charlton fans coming out with this sort of stuff,look where they are now,get a grip
Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:31 - Feb 7 with 1783 viewsMervyn

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:18 - Feb 7 by ScoobyWho

Others would agree and state he has got us at a level not that different to West Ham away last season.

I would say his real test comes in the 2015/16 season, where I have no doubt he will be sacked.

So ......if we dont play like Barca week in week out and fail to secure top four finish Monks out ???....are we expecting a new chairman
Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:33 - Feb 7 with 1777 viewsScoobyWho

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:31 - Feb 7 by Mervyn

So ......if we dont play like Barca week in week out and fail to secure top four finish Monks out ???....are we expecting a new chairman

French maybe.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:38 - Feb 7 with 1768 viewsshandyjack

with the amount of play and crosses and chances we created today we should have won by 3/4 goals. But for a decent striker today could have been so much different, i was far froim bored watching today

Poll: Expectation for the season

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:38 - Feb 7 with 1768 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:31 - Feb 7 by mahoss

What a ridiculous post,we,re 9th in the prem.
I remember Charlton fans coming out with this sort of stuff,look where they are now,get a grip

I'm sorry you feel it's ridiculous
Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:40 - Feb 7 with 1759 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:38 - Feb 7 by shandyjack

with the amount of play and crosses and chances we created today we should have won by 3/4 goals. But for a decent striker today could have been so much different, i was far froim bored watching today

I respect peoples opinions but I can't see how you think we should have won by 3 or 4.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:44 - Feb 7 with 1737 viewsshandyjack

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:40 - Feb 7 by bobrien

I respect peoples opinions but I can't see how you think we should have won by 3 or 4.

Gomis missed 2 1 on 1's, Ki had a good goal disallowed, few near misses from Shelvey. could quyite easily have been 3/4 goals

Poll: Expectation for the season

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:46 - Feb 7 with 1713 viewsVetchitBack

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:18 - Feb 7 by ScoobyWho

Some felt that his real test would be this season. And had no doubt he'd have been sacked.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:49 - Feb 7 with 1706 viewsMervyn

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:44 - Feb 7 by shandyjack

Gomis missed 2 1 on 1's, Ki had a good goal disallowed, few near misses from Shelvey. could quyite easily have been 3/4 goals

Far too exciting for bobs ticker
Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:52 - Feb 7 with 1693 viewsBobJack

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:22 - Feb 7 by BobJack

What bored you and your mates ?

I'll ask you again Bobrien as you failed to answer, what bored you today ?

I don't think football is a sport for you if you found it boring.

Did you watch the Hollins / Sousa eras? What did you make of those?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024