Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boring, Boring Swansea 18:44 - Feb 7 with 26220 viewsbobrien

We are dull, It's official. We play unimaginative and boring football. There's no point pretending anymore. We are just another football club now. Having matched us play a uneventful game today against Sunderland, I was left with a feeling of disappointment and frustration. There more questions than answers like what is our game plan without the ball, why can't we play a different formation and why o why is Nathan Dyer is starting?. We have no tempo, we have no style, we have no leaders, we have no character and we have no plan a let alone a plan b. I know people will say look at the table, look at our points tally and they may have a point but look at the football pitch. We have been lucky in lots of games this season. Burnley deserved atleast a point, how we got a anything from the Villa is still a mystery, we also didn't deserve anything from West Ham at home, Everton away and Sunderland away and that's not even mentioning last Sunday against Southampton. We are not special anymore, we don't play great football our even good football. We have become boring, boring Swansea City
Boring, Boring Swansea on 11:36 - Feb 8 with 1421 viewsmonmouth

Boring, Boring Swansea on 11:23 - Feb 8 by bobrien

Is that why keep posting on it?

I never said we were Stoke 2 either

I keep posting because I'm, bored waiting for some friends to turn up for lunch. What's your excuse?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Boring, Boring Swansea on 11:37 - Feb 8 with 1415 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 11:36 - Feb 8 by monmouth

I keep posting because I'm, bored waiting for some friends to turn up for lunch. What's your excuse?

I started this and I want to finish it. Your just in the way
Boring, Boring Swansea on 11:38 - Feb 8 with 1406 viewsmonmouth

Boring, Boring Swansea on 11:33 - Feb 8 by Ponderosa

But we ARE becoming like any other Premier League club - foreign investment interest, detachment from the fan base, a growing number of eggshell, unrealistic plastic c*nts supporting us. Thought the OP was bang on in that respect.

Indeed. Now some of that will break my heart.

Boring, Boring Swansea on 11:39 - Feb 8 with 1401 viewsexiledclaseboy

Boring, Boring Swansea on 11:34 - Feb 8 by bobrien

Well considering the criticism, I do feel the right to defend it. And like it or not you did take things ive said to ridiculous extremes to make your point.

You're entitled to do whatever you want. Where were the ridiculous extremes in my post? The fact that I enjoyed yesterday's game? The fact that we've got 34 points? The fact that we have spoilt fans who hark back to past glories that hardly ever existed? The fact that some posters (not you) have made comparisons to Stoke? The fact that we can now employ a number of different tactical styles to win games and/or accumulate points?

What's ridiculous or extreme about any of that? I would argue that your OP, which labels us "boring" and claims that we've been lucky to get so many of the points we've got this season is far, far more ridiculous and extreme.

Poll: Tory leader

Boring, Boring Swansea on 11:39 - Feb 8 with 1400 viewsDarran

Boring, Boring Swansea on 11:37 - Feb 8 by bobrien

You're.

Just saying.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Boring, Boring Swansea on 11:41 - Feb 8 with 1388 viewsmonmouth

Boring, Boring Swansea on 11:37 - Feb 8 by bobrien

My what is in the way?

'Started it'?; 'Finish it'? You're Nigel Pearson, aren't you?

Let me help you finish it then. You're wrong, on just about every point in your initial post.

Boring, Boring Swansea on 11:43 - Feb 8 with 1375 viewsmonmouth

Boring, Boring Swansea on 11:39 - Feb 8 by exiledclaseboy

You're entitled to do whatever you want. Where were the ridiculous extremes in my post? The fact that I enjoyed yesterday's game? The fact that we've got 34 points? The fact that we have spoilt fans who hark back to past glories that hardly ever existed? The fact that some posters (not you) have made comparisons to Stoke? The fact that we can now employ a number of different tactical styles to win games and/or accumulate points?

What's ridiculous or extreme about any of that? I would argue that your OP, which labels us "boring" and claims that we've been lucky to get so many of the points we've got this season is far, far more ridiculous and extreme.

It can't be wrong, it's 'official'.

Boring, Boring Swansea on 11:47 - Feb 8 with 1357 viewsexiledclaseboy

Boring, Boring Swansea on 11:43 - Feb 8 by monmouth

It can't be wrong, it's 'official'.

I just read who's "up arrowed" the OP. Arf.

Login to get fewer ads

Boring, Boring Swansea on 11:52 - Feb 8 with 1341 viewsmonmouth

Boring, Boring Swansea on 11:47 - Feb 8 by exiledclaseboy

Ha ha, I just looked and up arrowed it by accident. If it wasn't for the grammatical incompetence I might think it could be old Warwick on a WUM, but he wouldn't bother with a false identity and there isn't enough gratuitous swearing involved. Plus it's not amusing and has no substance at all.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2015 11:52]

Boring, Boring Swansea on 11:55 - Feb 8 with 1328 viewsDarran

Boring, Boring Swansea on 11:47 - Feb 8 by exiledclaseboy

Aye it's about time Icecold stopped pretending too,at least people like Warwick are upfront.

Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:06 - Feb 8 with 1295 viewsjudgejonevs

Boring, Boring Swansea on 10:39 - Feb 8 by bobrien

Please refer using bad langue. What clear cut chances did we have yesterday?

I just wanted to point out that 'twp' isn't bad language, it means you're dull/stupid.

Life is too short !!!!!!!!! Swansea til I die...........

Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:07 - Feb 8 with 1289 viewsBobJack

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:58 - Feb 7 by bobrien

Well I thought I answered that in the opening post. The football..... the football bored me. Why do you think we are last on Match of the Day because we are the leagues entertainers or that Match of the Day hates Swansea? No it's because we are boring.

Are you T2C?

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:08 - Feb 8 with 1281 viewsJackfath

Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:07 - Feb 8 by BobJack

Are you T2C?

Are you Liberty?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:13 - Feb 8 with 1257 viewssixpenses

Welcome to the forum bobrien excellent thread addressing an issue of concern to many of us as seen by the many previous posts by a range of posters about it on this forum.

I Particularly admire the way you dealt with the usual abuse and inane comments from those that have nothing constructive to add.

I would say if some of the “intelligensia” think they are totally fair and impartial they should take 2 steps back from the screen and read their contibutions again

For my part, although much more hartened by our performance yesterday than those of late I can entirely see where you are coming from. It is my hope as the new players establish themselves more we can come back to a better rythym / team cohesion. Looking forward to going up to Brom mid week and hoping we can continue to press on with addressing these issues.

I thought Gomis put a good shift in and do find it interesting how some have knocked Gomis and said Ki is a better striker, forgetting how Bony even after a year and massive game time could not score this season until October. I think a fully integrated Gomis with a team of the quality we have could give really lovely skillful free flowing performances if we get them optimally firing together.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:17 - Feb 8 with 1249 viewsexiledclaseboy

Look out, Captain America is in da house.

Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:28 - Feb 8 with 1219 viewsDarran

Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:17 - Feb 8 by exiledclaseboy

Captain C*nt more like.

Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:31 - Feb 8 with 1206 viewssixpenses

Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:17 - Feb 8 by exiledclaseboy

See you can be astute if you want to
Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:34 - Feb 8 with 1197 viewssixpenses

Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:28 - Feb 8 by Darran

Captain C*nt more like.

I am surprised Lisa is not here complaining of you using a slang term for female genitalia in a derogatory manner.

If she did she would have a good point

Perhaps you had a bad experience Darran
Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:36 - Feb 8 with 1189 viewsDarran

Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:34 - Feb 8 by sixpenses

I am surprised Lisa is not here complaining of you using a slang term for female genitalia in a derogatory manner.

If she did she would have a good point

Perhaps you had a bad experience Darran

And perhaps you really are a c*nt,weirdo.

Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:40 - Feb 8 with 1168 viewssixpenses

Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:36 - Feb 8 by Darran

And perhaps you really are a c*nt,weirdo.

Perhaps you will grow out of your obsession with me and your abuse

Just grow up is it
Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:41 - Feb 8 with 1165 viewsjudgejonevs

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:52 - Feb 7 by ScoobyWho

Gomis should take a leaf out of Ki's striking ability.

sixpenses, I don't think this is saying that Ki is a better striker than Gomis if this is the post you were referring to?

Life is too short !!!!!!!!! Swansea til I die...........

Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:42 - Feb 8 with 1156 viewsDarran

Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:40 - Feb 8 by sixpenses

Perhaps you will grow out of your obsession with me and your abuse

Just grow up is it

No f-ck off.

Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:44 - Feb 8 with 1144 viewssixpenses

Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:41 - Feb 8 by judgejonevs

sixpenses, I don't think this is saying that Ki is a better striker than Gomis if this is the post you were referring to?

No it's not
Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:45 - Feb 8 with 1143 viewsItchySphincter

Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:13 - Feb 8 by sixpenses

Welcome to the forum bobrien excellent thread addressing an issue of concern to many of us as seen by the many previous posts by a range of posters about it on this forum.

I Particularly admire the way you dealt with the usual abuse and inane comments from those that have nothing constructive to add.

I would say if some of the “intelligensia” think they are totally fair and impartial they should take 2 steps back from the screen and read their contibutions again

For my part, although much more hartened by our performance yesterday than those of late I can entirely see where you are coming from. It is my hope as the new players establish themselves more we can come back to a better rythym / team cohesion. Looking forward to going up to Brom mid week and hoping we can continue to press on with addressing these issues.

I thought Gomis put a good shift in and do find it interesting how some have knocked Gomis and said Ki is a better striker, forgetting how Bony even after a year and massive game time could not score this season until October. I think a fully integrated Gomis with a team of the quality we have could give really lovely skillful free flowing performances if we get them optimally firing together.

It'll be like watching a Brodge side again. Monk still has a bit to do undoing the work of the previous manager who deployed wingers as inside forwards. When this is done we can expect to see that lovely free flowing pressing football again.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Boring, Boring Swansea on 12:50 - Feb 8 with 1120 viewsMattG

Boring, Boring Swansea on 11:21 - Feb 8 by bobrien

You really consider all those "clear cut chances". A clear cut chance is when the shooter is favourite is score. Gomis 1-on1 was a 50-50 chance which Gomis lost, Ki's goal was offside so that doesn't count (remember offside goals DON'T count). Olvieira's late shot was just a snap shot and it would have been a goalkeeping error had it gone in. Gomis should have got on Barrow's cross, so ill count that and the goal we actually scored from Ki. So..... thats 2. 2 clear chances. Awesome?

Not sure I said "awesome", however you asked what clear cut chances we created. Apart from the goals and even allowing for your opinion that only those where the striker is favourite count as clear cut, I have identified 2 plus the goal we actually scored.

Any yes, for the record, I would count any situation where the striker is 1-on-1 with the keeper as a clear cut chance. So that was 3, by my reckoning.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024