Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boring, Boring Swansea 18:44 - Feb 7 with 26136 viewsbobrien

We are dull, It's official. We play unimaginative and boring football. There's no point pretending anymore. We are just another football club now. Having matched us play a uneventful game today against Sunderland, I was left with a feeling of disappointment and frustration. There more questions than answers like what is our game plan without the ball, why can't we play a different formation and why o why is Nathan Dyer is starting?. We have no tempo, we have no style, we have no leaders, we have no character and we have no plan a let alone a plan b. I know people will say look at the table, look at our points tally and they may have a point but look at the football pitch. We have been lucky in lots of games this season. Burnley deserved atleast a point, how we got a anything from the Villa is still a mystery, we also didn't deserve anything from West Ham at home, Everton away and Sunderland away and that's not even mentioning last Sunday against Southampton. We are not special anymore, we don't play great football our even good football. We have become boring, boring Swansea City
Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:52 - Feb 7 with 1906 viewsScoobyWho

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:44 - Feb 7 by shandyjack

Gomis missed 2 1 on 1's, Ki had a good goal disallowed, few near misses from Shelvey. could quyite easily have been 3/4 goals

Gomis should take a leaf out of Ki's striking ability.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:54 - Feb 7 with 1898 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:44 - Feb 7 by shandyjack

Gomis missed 2 1 on 1's, Ki had a good goal disallowed, few near misses from Shelvey. could quyite easily have been 3/4 goals

So we should score every chance we create. If that's football Southampton should have scored 6, Chelsea 8, West Ham 5. We didn't do anywhere near enough to win today.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:54 - Feb 7 with 1895 viewsProfessor

We still play 'decent' football. In honesty it's not that different than it has been for five or six years. There are issues and Bony needs replacing long term. Routledge and more so Duer have been out of form for some months. If I reflect honestly the only time we played the way we think we do ( so to speak) is under Martinez. In League 1 we were so much better than the rest of the league (and how I wish Bodde could have gone on for us) we looked so good. Yet our frailties under Roberto were exposed in the Championship. Since then we, when successful, have played a passing/possession game yet have had solid defence. Martinez has also been shown up to an extent his season. We have to be pragmatic. Finishing top 10 is a fantastic achievement, perhaps only overshadowed because of Southampton's excellent season. Let's have some perspective
Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:56 - Feb 7 with 1889 viewsBloodyhills

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:24 - Feb 7 by perchrockjack

Bloody hills.

Sorry la but uou Ve misinterpreted.

Try this.

If top ten prem league and established at top level ain't enough then fook off and support another club.

People not satisfied with where we are pose a problem.
Without doubt we behave cretinous followers amongst us.

I thought we did well today with some crisp passing resulting in decent chances. We have a decent enough squad and will be OK. Didn't think it was a boring game as OP said.

We deserve to be in the Prem and I guess some fans are spoilt.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:58 - Feb 7 with 1885 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:52 - Feb 7 by BobJack

I'll ask you again Bobrien as you failed to answer, what bored you today ?

I don't think football is a sport for you if you found it boring.

Did you watch the Hollins / Sousa eras? What did you make of those?

Well I thought I answered that in the opening post. The football..... the football bored me. Why do you think we are last on Match of the Day because we are the leagues entertainers or that Match of the Day hates Swansea? No it's because we are boring.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:59 - Feb 7 with 1881 viewsNOTRAC

We have changed our style of play ..In the last fifteen league games we have scored fifteen goals.We have not scored more than one goal at home since QPR in early December..
We have now lost our leading goal scorer.We obviously have a problem as far as goal scoring is concerned.
However in those fifteen games we have picked up nineteen points.
We have become a difficult team to beat (Chelsea excepted),but we are not a flowing attacking team anymore.
We still play superb football on occasions, but our possession and attacking play is far less.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:59 - Feb 7 with 1878 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:54 - Feb 7 by Professor

We still play 'decent' football. In honesty it's not that different than it has been for five or six years. There are issues and Bony needs replacing long term. Routledge and more so Duer have been out of form for some months. If I reflect honestly the only time we played the way we think we do ( so to speak) is under Martinez. In League 1 we were so much better than the rest of the league (and how I wish Bodde could have gone on for us) we looked so good. Yet our frailties under Roberto were exposed in the Championship. Since then we, when successful, have played a passing/possession game yet have had solid defence. Martinez has also been shown up to an extent his season. We have to be pragmatic. Finishing top 10 is a fantastic achievement, perhaps only overshadowed because of Southampton's excellent season. Let's have some perspective

Good points
Boring, Boring Swansea on 01:38 - Feb 8 with 1803 viewsDavillin

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:28 - Feb 7 by bobrien

Well nobody else at that point had agreed with my post and I hadn't said at that point it was my first post. So it was obviously directed at me, don't back out because I poked holes in everything you said.

And it took you nearly 2 hours to make a comeback. That's really poor.

O.K., now I get it. You're not a new poster at all, but an old one with a new fake identity. I know this by your silly habits of intentionally misunderstanding or misrepresenting someone's words in order to have an argument, and then declare a victory.

Look at your own post, and you'll see that I posted my reply 2 hours after you posted yours, and long after you revealed your mock-neophyte status.

I'll now do what I did the last time -- let you declare a victory over nothing, you silly person, and make believe you don't exist.

Do you know the difference between a sadist and a masochist?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Login to get fewer ads

Boring, Boring Swansea on 05:16 - Feb 8 with 1745 viewsphact0rri

I found today quite refreshing. maybe its having a DM locked into the starting squad again... but today really felt like I was watching the swans play.. for the first time all season

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Boring, Boring Swansea on 06:41 - Feb 8 with 1727 viewsshandyjack

Boring, Boring Swansea on 22:54 - Feb 7 by bobrien

So we should score every chance we create. If that's football Southampton should have scored 6, Chelsea 8, West Ham 5. We didn't do anywhere near enough to win today.

You really are twp! I was stating a case that yesterday was far from boring due to the clear cut chances we created all game

Poll: Expectation for the season

Boring, Boring Swansea on 08:20 - Feb 8 with 1708 viewsApeShit

Boring, Boring Swansea on 06:41 - Feb 8 by shandyjack

You really are twp! I was stating a case that yesterday was far from boring due to the clear cut chances we created all game

Yesterday was a BIG improvement.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 08:59 - Feb 8 with 1686 viewsexiledclaseboy

I thought yesterday's was a decent, entertaining game. Not a classic but very few are. Performance wise it was a big improvement from recent efforts, the win at Southampton notwithstanding. Yesterday was very similar to so many games under Rodgers and Laudrup. That's not a criticism

We had 60% possession and didn't win the game. Last week we had 35% possession and did. Both games have attracted criticism from the club's own "fans".

I loved how we played during our first few years in this league. I agree that that has changed somewhat, although to say it's been totally abandoned is nonsense. Comparisons with Pulis' Stoke are nonsense (I realise FoaJP made that comparison to illustrate a point but others have made it previously in a more serious vein). We are now hardier, more realistic and can adapt to different games and styles. Our points total illustrates the success of that pragmatism.

We have 34 points and are comfortable, more comfortable at this stage of the season than we've ever been in this league. We could have 50 points and be even more comfortable and we'd still be whining about something.

Lots of talk about the club losing its identity. Seems to me that Swans fans have lost their identity. No longer "not just another football club". We now have fans that are just like any other Premier League club. Spoilt, self serving, a massive sense of entitlement fed by dewy-eyed nostalgia for a past that never really existed.

Poll: Tory leader

Boring, Boring Swansea on 09:16 - Feb 8 with 1660 viewsmonmouth

The Claseman's right as usual.

Except...and I'm sure someone else will be along to point this out soon...we were just as comfortable in our 'golden' season under the Human God Laudrup. It was after 28 games and 40 points that it all turned to sh1t.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Boring, Boring Swansea on 09:20 - Feb 8 with 1652 viewsshimmie

What a fuxking post Ecb, take a bow son, take a bow
Boring, Boring Swansea on 09:22 - Feb 8 with 1649 viewsImAlrightJack

Indeed, we were on 33 points this time during the "Laudrup Golden Season".

After game 28, I think we won't be on holiday.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 09:26 - Feb 8 with 1636 viewsexiledclaseboy

Boring, Boring Swansea on 09:16 - Feb 8 by monmouth

The Claseman's right as usual.

Except...and I'm sure someone else will be along to point this out soon...we were just as comfortable in our 'golden' season under the Human God Laudrup. It was after 28 games and 40 points that it all turned to sh1t.

Fair enough. I'm just thankful that you pointed out my misconception in two lines as opposed to someone else in fifteen paragraphs.

Poll: Tory leader

Boring, Boring Swansea on 09:28 - Feb 8 with 1628 viewsmonmouth

Boring, Boring Swansea on 09:22 - Feb 8 by ImAlrightJack

Indeed, we were on 33 points this time during the "Laudrup Golden Season".

After game 28, I think we won't be on holiday.

I'm no statto he lies desperately, but it was 34, with two wins (QPR and Newcastle) and two defeats (Liverpool and West Ham) from the next four to take us to 40.

(I did have to look that up. Don't despair for my sanity and for my wife.)

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Boring, Boring Swansea on 09:49 - Feb 8 with 1598 viewsMattG

The OP, for me, reads like something that's been typed up for a few weeks ready for posting and "only getting a draw at home to Sunderland" was the straw that, for some reason, broke the camel's back.

Bemoaning the apparent lack of a Plan A / Plan B (even though our approaches in the last two games have been like chalk and cheese) and singling out Dyer by name after showing at least glimpses of the player he used to be just seem a bit out of time.

Whenever someone uses the fact that, by being more pragmatic, we now seem able to get something out of games when we don't deserve it as some sort of bizarre criticism, my mind always goes back to the game under Rodgers against Newcastle at the Liberty where we had something like 80% possession and passed it about nicely all game but ended up losing 2-0. I wonder which set of fans went home happiest that night.

The way I see it is that we have had to adapt our style of play because teams have adapted to us. In simple terms, we don't get the time on the ball now that we used to which enabled us to dominate possession, even against the top teams. As much as being a criticism, I'd even take it as a bit of a compliment.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 09:54 - Feb 8 with 1585 viewsDarran

Boring, Boring Swansea on 08:59 - Feb 8 by exiledclaseboy

I thought yesterday's was a decent, entertaining game. Not a classic but very few are. Performance wise it was a big improvement from recent efforts, the win at Southampton notwithstanding. Yesterday was very similar to so many games under Rodgers and Laudrup. That's not a criticism

We had 60% possession and didn't win the game. Last week we had 35% possession and did. Both games have attracted criticism from the club's own "fans".

I loved how we played during our first few years in this league. I agree that that has changed somewhat, although to say it's been totally abandoned is nonsense. Comparisons with Pulis' Stoke are nonsense (I realise FoaJP made that comparison to illustrate a point but others have made it previously in a more serious vein). We are now hardier, more realistic and can adapt to different games and styles. Our points total illustrates the success of that pragmatism.

We have 34 points and are comfortable, more comfortable at this stage of the season than we've ever been in this league. We could have 50 points and be even more comfortable and we'd still be whining about something.

Lots of talk about the club losing its identity. Seems to me that Swans fans have lost their identity. No longer "not just another football club". We now have fans that are just like any other Premier League club. Spoilt, self serving, a massive sense of entitlement fed by dewy-eyed nostalgia for a past that never really existed.

I read a post on another forum yesterday before the game yesterday which said "let's get back to the real Swansea Way"

I miss The Vetch.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Boring, Boring Swansea on 10:37 - Feb 8 with 1524 viewsperchrockjack

BORING would tend to suggest the author has a short attention span..

As for "heartbroken" - I dontwant to be the harbinger of bad news but ,trust me, if you re heartbroken over where we are right now, there is truly no hope for you in future life.

Incredible stuff the like of which I thought I d never see.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Boring, Boring Swansea on 10:38 - Feb 8 with 1534 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 01:38 - Feb 8 by Davillin

O.K., now I get it. You're not a new poster at all, but an old one with a new fake identity. I know this by your silly habits of intentionally misunderstanding or misrepresenting someone's words in order to have an argument, and then declare a victory.

Look at your own post, and you'll see that I posted my reply 2 hours after you posted yours, and long after you revealed your mock-neophyte status.

I'll now do what I did the last time -- let you declare a victory over nothing, you silly person, and make believe you don't exist.

Do you know the difference between a sadist and a masochist?

What the hell is wrong with you? I have no old identity whatever you may believe. What this nonsense about "letting me declare victory", did you do that when you posted a video of "I'm so vain". You made yourself out to be a fool and now seem you think your the bigger person. Grow up!!!
Boring, Boring Swansea on 10:39 - Feb 8 with 1533 viewsbobrien

Please refer using bad langue. What clear cut chances did we have yesterday?
Boring, Boring Swansea on 10:40 - Feb 8 with 1533 viewsbobrien

Please refer using bad language. What clear cut chances did we have yesterday?
Boring, Boring Swansea on 10:42 - Feb 8 with 1526 viewsDarran

Shit thread.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Boring, Boring Swansea on 10:44 - Feb 8 with 1520 viewsMattG

Boring, Boring Swansea on 10:40 - Feb 8 by bobrien

Please refer using bad language. What clear cut chances did we have yesterday?

Is this a serious question? Really?

None, apart from the Gomis 1-on-1 with their keeper, the Gomis chance from Barrow's cross, the Ki "offside" goal and Oliveira's shot late on. And that's just off the top of my head and excludes the goal itself.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2015 10:44]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024