Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boring, Boring Swansea 18:44 - Feb 7 with 26137 viewsbobrien

We are dull, It's official. We play unimaginative and boring football. There's no point pretending anymore. We are just another football club now. Having matched us play a uneventful game today against Sunderland, I was left with a feeling of disappointment and frustration. There more questions than answers like what is our game plan without the ball, why can't we play a different formation and why o why is Nathan Dyer is starting?. We have no tempo, we have no style, we have no leaders, we have no character and we have no plan a let alone a plan b. I know people will say look at the table, look at our points tally and they may have a point but look at the football pitch. We have been lucky in lots of games this season. Burnley deserved atleast a point, how we got a anything from the Villa is still a mystery, we also didn't deserve anything from West Ham at home, Everton away and Sunderland away and that's not even mentioning last Sunday against Southampton. We are not special anymore, we don't play great football our even good football. We have become boring, boring Swansea City
Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:46 - Feb 7 with 1626 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:37 - Feb 7 by WxmJax

The OP obviously wasn't at the Sunderland away game because they are the worst team I have seen going on that performance truly awful, dull and boring. Nice Stadium though. They were there for the taking that day but we failed to capitalise on it, probably because Gomis started the match. Gomis was 10 times better today than he was at The Stadium of Light, make of that what you will.

What? There the worst team and we couldn't beat them.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:46 - Feb 7 with 1625 viewsmonmouth

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:43 - Feb 7 by perchrockjack

Me and Monny.now kindred spirits. Beware

I've changed my mind....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:47 - Feb 7 with 1624 viewsJackanapes

I really miss the days when Caulker and Willaims used to pass the ball to each other endlessly #tippytappytickytocky

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:47 - Feb 7 with 1624 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

My thoughts

Our build up play is so slow , teams can organise themselves .

We have a fantastic squad , monk isn't brining the best out of it .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:48 - Feb 7 with 1622 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:40 - Feb 7 by perchrockjack

The clubs identity.?

What ll that be then..

Is it set in stone.

Is it better to retain this identity but play football in the lower leagues.

Identity my are. It's dewy eyed crap.
We need to stay wherecwe are and raise the profile of the club and of the city.

No clubs identity is set in stone but at the moment we are losing ours.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:48 - Feb 7 with 1622 viewsMervyn

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:34 - Feb 7 by bobrien

I feel I've made valid points. You however have not. This is not about the league table, it's about much something much greater; the clubs identity.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2015 20:35]

Sorry Bob i think you,ve winged and dug a hole........we have gained so much neutral support and received so many compliments on our journey......since Bony left the teams confidence has been well and truly tested , with last sundays result and coming back from one down today we,re on the mend......we certainly havent become just another club like you suggested
Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:51 - Feb 7 with 1607 viewsJackanapes

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:48 - Feb 7 by bobrien

If "we" are losing an identity that only you recognise then "We" arent losing anything.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:54 - Feb 7 with 1593 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:48 - Feb 7 by Mervyn

Sorry Bob i think you,ve winged and dug a hole........we have gained so much neutral support and received so many compliments on our journey......since Bony left the teams confidence has been well and truly tested , with last sundays result and coming back from one down today we,re on the mend......we certainly havent become just another club like you suggested

This has been since the start of the season (even last season), Bony's leaving has just enhanced the issues that were already there. We have no neutral support any more and like it or not we are just another club now. I'm sorry if you think ive winged, I have tried not to but you will see I'm right in time.
Login to get fewer ads

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:56 - Feb 7 with 1585 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:51 - Feb 7 by Jackanapes

If "we" are losing an identity that only you recognise then "We" arent losing anything.

Deny it as much as you want. You WILL see I'm right in the future, unless something changes.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:00 - Feb 7 with 1569 viewsMattG

Boring, Boring Swansea on 20:48 - Feb 7 by bobrien

Losing or changing?
Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:01 - Feb 7 with 1562 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:00 - Feb 7 by MattG

Losing or changing?

Okay, fair point. We do you feel we are changing into?
Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:03 - Feb 7 with 1556 viewsperchrockjack

bob..
By identity what do you mean?
THE CLUB

the style?

The mai identity is the city of Swansea which the team represents and its led to a small deprived low waged city whos best days are long gone as an industrial powerhouse being given a world wide profile.

Playing football in the lower leagues will destroy this benefit. Swansea City council need to make use of this incredible club or ours and if it means modifying our playing style then so be it

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:04 - Feb 7 with 1552 viewsNeathJack

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:01 - Feb 7 by bobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:13 - Feb 7 with 1523 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:03 - Feb 7 by perchrockjack

bob..
By identity what do you mean?
THE CLUB

the style?

The mai identity is the city of Swansea which the team represents and its led to a small deprived low waged city whos best days are long gone as an industrial powerhouse being given a world wide profile.

Playing football in the lower leagues will destroy this benefit. Swansea City council need to make use of this incredible club or ours and if it means modifying our playing style then so be it

Our style represents our club and our city. I understand we need to use the club status to full affect but why does that mean we have to modify our style?
Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:14 - Feb 7 with 1515 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:04 - Feb 7 by NeathJack

Is that really all football is?
Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:15 - Feb 7 with 1508 viewsBobJack

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:01 - Feb 7 by bobrien

Todays match was far from boring.

We created lots of chances , more crosses in box than I can remember, and with a striker more willing to gamble we could have bagged a few more.

p.s. what was your previous poster name on this site ?

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:16 - Feb 7 with 1500 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:13 - Feb 7 by bobrien

Our style represents our club and our city. I understand we need to use the club status to full affect but why does that mean we have to modify our style?

Has our style been the same since 1912?

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:19 - Feb 7 with 1478 viewsperchrockjack

No, the style came about because of how we wanted to play and the player able to do it.

If we haven't ,its pointless..

At this level, only results count..

Plenty of lower league clubs play pretty tippy tappy passing.

The higher the league the higher the profile.

Nobody would know Swansea existed if we were championship league 1 or league 2.

Its not set in stone is style and as with everything you have to move on.

You can bet Chelski citeh ,as examples, aren't that bothered about style, more achievements and with achievements come greater revenue.

The City of Swansea, IMO has yet to fully comprehend what our cliub is about ,where we are and where we are going. We re not doing wehat Swansea has always done
and that s to stand still fingers up rectum.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:19 - Feb 7 with 1476 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:15 - Feb 7 by BobJack

Todays match was far from boring.

We created lots of chances , more crosses in box than I can remember, and with a striker more willing to gamble we could have bagged a few more.

p.s. what was your previous poster name on this site ?

I don't have a previous name. This is my first post, going well I think.

Obviously onions differ but I and lots of people around me were simple bored.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:20 - Feb 7 with 1474 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:16 - Feb 7 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Has our style been the same since 1912?

No
Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:21 - Feb 7 with 1472 viewsmonmouth

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:19 - Feb 7 by perchrockjack

No, the style came about because of how we wanted to play and the player able to do it.

You can bet Chelski citeh ,as examples, aren't that bothered about style, more achievements and with achievements come greater revenue.

The City of Swansea, IMO has yet to fully comprehend what our cliub is about ,where we are and where we are going. We re not doing wehat Swansea has always done

Don't be silly Perch mun. If we played like Chelsea we'd 'lose our identity'. that would be terrible. A disaster.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:22 - Feb 7 with 1462 viewsBobJack

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:19 - Feb 7 by bobrien

I don't have a previous name. This is my first post, going well I think.

Obviously onions differ but I and lots of people around me were simple bored.

What bored you and your mates ?

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:24 - Feb 7 with 1456 viewsbobrien

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:19 - Feb 7 by perchrockjack

Isn't there more to football than results? I don't care about Chelsea and all their achievements. I care about Swansea City and our football.
Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:28 - Feb 7 with 1437 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:20 - Feb 7 by bobrien

No

Let's not forget 'our style' is spoken of by all concerned with its inception as an adaptation, a way for a club to punch above its weight in league 1 back in 2007, a way to do things differently and get ahead of the game.

It's taken us a long way, but the game's changing, we need to adapt again to try and keep ahead of the curve. If we just focus on reliving 2007-2013 on constant repeat, we'll get left behind, wallowing in nostalgia and 'style' as the game passes us by.

That's one opinion. It doesn't state what the next adaptation is, but it's an opinion.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Boring, Boring Swansea on 21:30 - Feb 7 with 1430 viewsGixerJack

Not half as dull as you...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024