Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crowd 22:07 - Feb 24 with 8552 viewsscooby

if they sold 1700 tickets before the game, plus some pay on the day, they easily brought more than the home crowd tonight.

Anyone able to share exact numbers?
Crowd on 22:10 - Feb 24 with 5007 viewsYorkshire_Dale

3574?
Crowd on 22:27 - Feb 24 with 4856 viewsKenBoon

Crowds will be crap because
1) Manc Blue Brand were at home against Barcelona (Could nobody at the club foresee this problem?).
2) Blue Soccer Citeh were on the telly against Barcelona.
3) We sold United our best player, showing zero ambition. Why would your regular armchair fan go to the Dale, to watch a team with little ambition and pay up to £20 for the privilege, when they can watch the Champions League for free and have a good laugh at the same time?
Crowd on 22:28 - Feb 24 with 4840 viewsscooby

Sad, but very true.
Crowd on 22:34 - Feb 24 with 4777 viewsPDIDDY

Crowd on 22:27 - Feb 24 by KenBoon

1) Manc Blue Brand were at home against Barcelona (Could nobody at the club foresee this problem?).
3) We sold United our best player, showing zero ambition. Why would your regular armchair fan go to the Dale, to watch a team with little ambition and pay up to £20 for the privilege, when they can watch the Champions League for free and have a good laugh at the same time?

Flicker was there, offering you first dibs on a training session at one of the finest facilities in the country

Gissa job

Crowd on 22:37 - Feb 24 with 4754 viewsToffeemanc

Wonder if this thread will see the return of Pail Dale to the forum?

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Crowd on 22:47 - Feb 24 with 4660 viewsKenBoon

Crowd on 22:34 - Feb 24 by PDIDDY

Flicker was there, offering you first dibs on a training session at one of the finest facilities in the country

He's selling time-share now?
Crowd on 23:10 - Feb 24 with 4560 viewsTVOS1907

Unfortunately the Football League generally dictate when games are played.

Given us and Sheffield United have a few games in hand due to cup runs, there is limited scope for avoiding Champions League nights, unless we play it on Wednesday instead.

At this time of the season, it's nigh on impossible to avoid clashing with another game due to all the matches that take place, especially live on television.

And as I've said many times on this topic, it's the Champions League that has expanded and caused these clashes, not the Football League.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Crowd on 23:12 - Feb 24 with 4539 viewsrobtheb

Estimate they had 2300+
They occupied four and a half sections in the away stand at approx 500 in each section.

Plus, I was sat in the main stand with SU supporters all around me, which well pi..ed me off!

Obviously the euphoria of the Stoke game in town soon fizzled out, taking into consideration we had the 3rd lowest attendance in leagues 1 and 2 last Saturday.
Login to get fewer ads

Crowd on 23:14 - Feb 24 with 4524 viewsLuke8686

Sheff brought 1677 fans tonight according to their twitter which means we had slightly more but not much in it
Crowd on 23:15 - Feb 24 with 4519 viewsroccydaleian

Go on then, what would you have done with Done? Tell him he can't move on while someone else is offering a possible massive pay rise.Get real KB.
Crowd on 23:15 - Feb 24 with 4518 viewsD_Alien

I'd estimate about 1750 each.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Crowd on 23:16 - Feb 24 with 4501 viewsdingdangblue

Crowd on 23:12 - Feb 24 by robtheb

Estimate they had 2300+
They occupied four and a half sections in the away stand at approx 500 in each section.

Plus, I was sat in the main stand with SU supporters all around me, which well pi..ed me off!

Obviously the euphoria of the Stoke game in town soon fizzled out, taking into consideration we had the 3rd lowest attendance in leagues 1 and 2 last Saturday.

Less than 2000 the 4 sections would'nt have been full.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Crowd on 23:17 - Feb 24 with 4489 views442Dale

Crowd on 23:12 - Feb 24 by robtheb

Estimate they had 2300+

Who were the extra fans that attended the Stoke game? What did we do to try and retain them?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Crowd on 23:23 - Feb 24 with 4458 viewsKenBoon

Crowd on 23:15 - Feb 24 by roccydaleian

Go on then, what would you have done with Done? Tell him he can't move on while someone else is offering a possible massive pay rise.Get real KB.

I agree at this level it's difficult to tell someone they cannot go and get a huge wage rise elsewhere. However it's also difficult to tell someone their contract isn't being renewed. It's difficult to tell a young player they're not being offered a contract. Done had a contract here. I suspect his experience with Crystal Palace made him very keen to leave during the Window rather than wait until the summer, but no player is bigger than the Club. If the fee of £400k is true then he shouldn't have left.
Crowd on 23:27 - Feb 24 with 4423 viewsroccydaleian

Crowd on 23:23 - Feb 24 by KenBoon

I agree at this level it's difficult to tell someone they cannot go and get a huge wage rise elsewhere. However it's also difficult to tell someone their contract isn't being renewed. It's difficult to tell a young player they're not being offered a contract. Done had a contract here. I suspect his experience with Crystal Palace made him very keen to leave during the Window rather than wait until the summer, but no player is bigger than the Club. If the fee of £400k is true then he shouldn't have left.

Aye, but we don't know the fee, do we, or do you know?
Crowd on 23:29 - Feb 24 with 4412 viewsrobtheb

Crowd on 23:17 - Feb 24 by 442Dale

Who were the extra fans that attended the Stoke game? What did we do to try and retain them?

Perhaps the same ones watching City on tv?
Your 2nd question..........nothing!
Crowd on 01:22 - Feb 25 with 4255 viewsflyerdale

Embarrassing turnout from home fans tonight felt like a poor division 4 game or tinpot trophy game.
Crowd on 02:08 - Feb 25 with 4244 viewsSandyman

Crowd on 01:22 - Feb 25 by flyerdale

Embarrassing turnout from home fans tonight felt like a poor division 4 game or tinpot trophy game.

Not embarrassing by those who made the effort and went to the game. Plenty of part timers sat at home in the warm or in the pub watching City that is true. Us in the cold watching "over achieving" Dale against a "big budget" club we have no chance of competing against according to some. Comments and insinuations from within the clubs management which do not sell the brand of RAFC and put bums on seats on a night like last night. Seeing off Southampton and Sheff Weds a few seasons back, 2 promotions , decent cup runs and a trip to Wembley seem to have been forgotten. Fortunately there are some of us left who'll turn up and support the players alleged over-achievement in the midst of such blatant negativity.
For how long, who knows. Negativity breeds negativity....

This might be a ludicrous idea given the shocking history of promoting RAFC within the town, but might it just be possible to try and sell RAFC in a positive light and celebrate how much has been achieved instead?
[Post edited 25 Feb 2015 2:40]
Crowd on 05:36 - Feb 25 with 4196 viewsColDale

Crowd on 23:10 - Feb 24 by TVOS1907

Unfortunately the Football League generally dictate when games are played.

Given us and Sheffield United have a few games in hand due to cup runs, there is limited scope for avoiding Champions League nights, unless we play it on Wednesday instead.

At this time of the season, it's nigh on impossible to avoid clashing with another game due to all the matches that take place, especially live on television.

And as I've said many times on this topic, it's the Champions League that has expanded and caused these clashes, not the Football League.

given the City v Barca game was arranged before our's, surely it would have been common sense to stick game on the Wednesday night rather than the Tuesday. Arsenal v Monaco on Sky would not have impacted as much as City v Barca on a free to air channel. I know Tuesday is our traditional night, but when arranging midweek games, we have to start looking at choosing Tuesday or Wednesday to see which will have the minimal impact.
Crowd on 06:54 - Feb 25 with 4141 viewsdingdangblue

Crowd on 05:36 - Feb 25 by ColDale

given the City v Barca game was arranged before our's, surely it would have been common sense to stick game on the Wednesday night rather than the Tuesday. Arsenal v Monaco on Sky would not have impacted as much as City v Barca on a free to air channel. I know Tuesday is our traditional night, but when arranging midweek games, we have to start looking at choosing Tuesday or Wednesday to see which will have the minimal impact.

Hill wont want Wednesday night game if we are travelling to Bristol on Friday. I imagine day after game is either a rest day or recovery day so it would mean no chance to train before the Saturday? At least with a Tuesday game they can get a proper session on the Thursday? That's the only reason I can see as to being opposed to playing Wednesday night?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Crowd on 07:13 - Feb 25 with 4104 viewsisitme

Crowd on 23:17 - Feb 24 by 442Dale

Go on then tell me your magic solution to get floating supporters to pay £15/18/20 for an adult to watch Dale in a game most expected us to lose rather than watching Barcelona versus City free on TV?

The reality is that many of the extra fans who attended the Stoke game are like those who attended play off and Wembley games. There are there because of the occasion and/or opposition. No amount of filling in a form, giving them a voucher will change that.

You and others will say it is being defeatist, but I would say it is being realistic.
Crowd on 07:20 - Feb 25 with 4086 views442Dale

Crowd on 07:13 - Feb 25 by isitme

Go on then tell me your magic solution to get floating supporters to pay £15/18/20 for an adult to watch Dale in a game most expected us to lose rather than watching Barcelona versus City free on TV?

The reality is that many of the extra fans who attended the Stoke game are like those who attended play off and Wembley games. There are there because of the occasion and/or opposition. No amount of filling in a form, giving them a voucher will change that.

You and others will say it is being defeatist, but I would say it is being realistic.

The questions were simple and were asked last night. But they could have been asked last week. They apply at any time and do not need to be asked after a game when the home crowd might have been low. We could ask them last season after the Leeds and Sheff Wed games as well.

Who were the extra fans that attended the cup games and what what did we do to retain them?

Simple questions, with presumably simple answers.

Crowd on 07:28 - Feb 25 with 4057 viewsisitme

Crowd on 07:20 - Feb 25 by 442Dale

The questions were simple and were asked last night. But they could have been asked last week. They apply at any time and do not need to be asked after a game when the home crowd might have been low. We could ask them last season after the Leeds and Sheff Wed games as well.

Who were the extra fans that attended the cup games and what what did we do to retain them?

Simple questions, with presumably simple answers.

You imply, as you do often, that by getting a list of names and sending them a few emails, or giving them a voucher for reduced admission that the club can miraculously attract these 'missing supporters'.

So to answer my question what was your solution to compete for floating supporters with City versus Barcelona? You could have made it free admission and there would not have been many more there.
Crowd on 07:33 - Feb 25 with 4042 views442Dale

Crowd on 07:28 - Feb 25 by isitme

You imply, as you do often, that by getting a list of names and sending them a few emails, or giving them a voucher for reduced admission that the club can miraculously attract these 'missing supporters'.

So to answer my question what was your solution to compete for floating supporters with City versus Barcelona? You could have made it free admission and there would not have been many more there.

Don't try and say what I'm implying. Are those the only two ideas I've come up with? Are those the only ideas others have come up with over the years? Were those the only ideas come up with by the Comsultation Group last summer which gave up a couple of hours of their time to come up with ideas and have since spent further time wondering what has happened to those ideas?

I'm not mentioning City v Barcelona or last night, so don't imply that I am.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2015 7:48]

Crowd on 07:37 - Feb 25 with 4034 viewsTalkingSutty

Crowd on 02:08 - Feb 25 by Sandyman

Not embarrassing by those who made the effort and went to the game. Plenty of part timers sat at home in the warm or in the pub watching City that is true. Us in the cold watching "over achieving" Dale against a "big budget" club we have no chance of competing against according to some. Comments and insinuations from within the clubs management which do not sell the brand of RAFC and put bums on seats on a night like last night. Seeing off Southampton and Sheff Weds a few seasons back, 2 promotions , decent cup runs and a trip to Wembley seem to have been forgotten. Fortunately there are some of us left who'll turn up and support the players alleged over-achievement in the midst of such blatant negativity.
For how long, who knows. Negativity breeds negativity....

This might be a ludicrous idea given the shocking history of promoting RAFC within the town, but might it just be possible to try and sell RAFC in a positive light and celebrate how much has been achieved instead?
[Post edited 25 Feb 2015 2:40]

Good post. We have been told all season about over achieving and Hillys mantra as been about managing expectancy, (not that it ever reared its ugly head). Selling our leading goal scorer to a play off rival at a crucial period of the season, for whatever reason, killed the expectations stone dead. It showed the club are only interested in the coin and it was fully endorsed by the manager.

Hills comments are also baffling. We have ready made replacements to replace Done and it's time to withdraw the kids from the team etc.

We don't have any ready made replacements. , we have a few young kids who don't have the tools to play league football at the moment, so to toss them into the team and expect them to produce at this stage of the season is wrong. Playing Bunney at Left Back also left many questioning the sanity of the manager and the Posh exploited that decision.

I would also question the signings of RNL and Brandy, neither look fit or even up for the battle and both are picking up wages for doing very little. We have a few injuries but also plenty of money in the bank to fund a couple of decent loan players but Logan apart, Hiils dealings have been poor.

There will always be a small hard core of supporters who will turn up but last nights crowd should set the alarm bells ringing. Forget the Live telly game, Sheffield United at home is one of the most attractive games of the season and we musteted just over 1, 500 fans. When you factor in we are playing in a higher league against a big City club I would say that's the worst ever home attendance I have seen in nearly 40 years!!

When fans support their local club and hand over their hard earned money they are entitled to dream, isn't that what footballs about? David v Goliath and sometimes David comes out on top, isn't that why the fans turn up, even though the odds of winning might be small? It's great to bloody the noses of the bigger fish but something happened this season and the fans aren't daft, contrary to what Hiily May think.

So, the fans have been fed a diet of having zero expectation, in fact we should be embarrassed/honoured to be playing in league one. We lose our best player to a play off contender (and like it or not we where in contention) and then have the manager throwing untried,under nourished reserve players into the team at a crucial stage of the season. The stay away fans are not daft , they can see that the club and the manager have given up on the season with a third of it left to play. They are hoping to limp over the line when for the first time in over 100 years of history we had a outside chance of getting back to back promotion. I think the club and the manager made a conscious, or maybe a public decision that they didn't want to do that, it frightened them.

A very loyal Dale fan posted a couple of months ago that Hilly is taking the enjoyment out of watching the team and what he meant by that was his constant dubbing down of expectations and sniping at the fan base. Without expectation or daring to dream what's the point in supporting your home town club,what is there left? Regarding attracting extra supporters to the club Hilly is a PA disaster and some of his interviews actually make you want to find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon rather than get up to the ground and stand toe to toe with the opposition.

The Chairman, Directors and Manager should be asking themselves some big questions today regarding last nights attendance because they are all culpable. Resting on your laurels, mugging off the fans (recent postponement) and killing expectations gives fans plenty of reason to find something else to do with there time and money, that's what happened last night.

I fully expect certain individuals to jump all over this post but I can live with that. can anybody else explain our dwindling fanbase because after last night I am very worried.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2015 7:55]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024