Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
what do we need next season to get the play offs 21:18 - May 3 with 7850 viewsdean7321

I say

Goalkeeper:Conrad Logan
Because lillis is not good enough

Centre back:Jack O'Connell
Olly goad as back up but not 1st choice

Winger:Jacob murphy
On loan at Colchester for Norwich

Striker:Chris Dagnall
Any more
This is with people leaving
[Post edited 3 May 2015 21:19]

Poll: best ever center back

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 13:34 - May 4 with 2902 viewsYorkshire_Dale

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 13:27 - May 4 by Daley_Lama

Approximately 4 first team players that mean that Camps, Tanser, Cannon, Hery, RNL etc have to fight tooth, nail and skin to get into the first XI

I've excluded Jamie Allen from that list as I personally think he is already League 1 standard and is deserving of a first XI position already.

Oh, and Conrad Logan to play 46 League 1 games for us.

Surely Cannon has proved himself as a first-teamer?

Just less farting around in dangerous areas
what do we need next season to get the play offs on 13:38 - May 4 with 2892 viewsDaley_Lama

He is first name down as RB.

I would prefer him to be first equal name down at RB at worst.

Can't beat competition for places.

Poll: DF in or out

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 13:43 - May 4 with 2875 viewsColDale

history would show that Hilly will be scouring the Tranmere and Cheltenham squads. Couple of ex Dale defenders there in Josh Thompson and Holness. They might get a look in if we're recruiting two central defenders but am sure he'll look for real quality for his main defender.
what do we need next season to get the play offs on 13:50 - May 4 with 2849 viewsYorkshire_Dale

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 13:43 - May 4 by ColDale

history would show that Hilly will be scouring the Tranmere and Cheltenham squads. Couple of ex Dale defenders there in Josh Thompson and Holness. They might get a look in if we're recruiting two central defenders but am sure he'll look for real quality for his main defender.

No thanks.......we must do better than those two.
what do we need next season to get the play offs on 14:13 - May 4 with 2810 viewsChaffRAFC

Personally, and I'm not trying to be negative but realistically. Since Logan and O'Connell left, we've be defensively shambolic. I think we may well struggle next season given that a lot of teams will have worked us out so I think a few additions are needed in the summer. Some of the players I'd be looking at are:

Conrad Logan (Leicester City) - No brainer

Chris Dagnall (Leyton Orient) - No brainer

David Buchanan (Preston) - Out of contract this summer, local lad, good player, left sided which might allow TK to stay more central and not leave pressure on Tanser who has been disappointing since signing his new contract. He was awful yesterday and hasn't played well for weeks.

Scott Wiseman (Preston) - Also out of contract, can play either right back (as we well know) and centre back. Bags of experience and would be a big improvement on both Lancashire and Eastham. Would hope he'd enjoyed his time with us prior enough to contemplate coming back if deemed surplus to requirements at Deepdale.

John Welsh (Preston) - Another out of contract at Preston. Would imagine they'll offer him a deal but if they don't, he'd be a superb replacement for Dawson if he goes. Strong, tough, defensive centre midfielder.

Max Power (Tranmere, not Milnrow CC) - Superb player in a very poor side. Rumoured to have something in his contract which may involve a fee because he's come through Tranmere youth. Bury also rumoured to be after this lad. Attack minded midfielder and still only 21.

Wes Fletcher (York City) - Out of contract, imagine he'll be offered a new one but he's a striker who, given service, will score goals. Has scored goals in a poor York side.

Jack Redshaw (Morecambe) - Horrible little get who has had a chance with us before. Linked with him after transfer window and has done well at Morecambe. Quick, good finisher, good on the ball. Would cost a fee.

Mark Hughes (Morecambe) - Out of contract. Centre half, ex Bury, done well at Morecambe and even popped up with goals. Think he's at least better than Lancashire, maybe Eastham as well.

Tomasz Cywka (Blackpool) - Out of contract. Didn't see anywhere near enough of him on loan but he has bags of ability. Would improve our squad and add creativity.

David Perkins (Blackpool) - Knocking on now at 32 but could be the replacement for Dawson if he leaves. Been Blackpool's best player this season by all accounts and I can't imagine he'd want to stay there.

Jim McNulty (Bury) - Out of contract, Hill has worked with him before and no idea where he stands at Bury but has been linked before. Easily better than Lancashire.

Anthony Gerrard (Huddersfield) - Been released. Was on loan at Oldham last season. Would be a fantastic addition to our centre of defence but suspect he's out of reach.

Not saying we should go out and sign these players obviously but these are players I'd look at as being realistic options that we could look at.

We need big improvements to the squad to stay up in my view.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 14:27 - May 4 with 2789 viewsRoChDaLe

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 14:13 - May 4 by ChaffRAFC

Personally, and I'm not trying to be negative but realistically. Since Logan and O'Connell left, we've be defensively shambolic. I think we may well struggle next season given that a lot of teams will have worked us out so I think a few additions are needed in the summer. Some of the players I'd be looking at are:

David Buchanan (Preston) - Out of contract this summer, local lad, good player, left sided which might allow TK to stay more central and not leave pressure on Tanser who has been disappointing since signing his new contract. He was awful yesterday and hasn't played well for weeks.

Scott Wiseman (Preston) - Also out of contract, can play either right back (as we well know) and centre back. Bags of experience and would be a big improvement on both Lancashire and Eastham. Would hope he'd enjoyed his time with us prior enough to contemplate coming back if deemed surplus to requirements at Deepdale.

John Welsh (Preston) - Another out of contract at Preston. Would imagine they'll offer him a deal but if they don't, he'd be a superb replacement for Dawson if he goes. Strong, tough, defensive centre midfielder.

Max Power (Tranmere, not Milnrow CC) - Superb player in a very poor side. Rumoured to have something in his contract which may involve a fee because he's come through Tranmere youth. Bury also rumoured to be after this lad. Attack minded midfielder and still only 21.

Wes Fletcher (York City) - Out of contract, imagine he'll be offered a new one but he's a striker who, given service, will score goals. Has scored goals in a poor York side.

Jack Redshaw (Morecambe) - Horrible little get who has had a chance with us before. Linked with him after transfer window and has done well at Morecambe. Quick, good finisher, good on the ball. Would cost a fee.

Mark Hughes (Morecambe) - Out of contract. Centre half, ex Bury, done well at Morecambe and even popped up with goals. Think he's at least better than Lancashire, maybe Eastham as well.

Tomasz Cywka (Blackpool) - Out of contract. Didn't see anywhere near enough of him on loan but he has bags of ability. Would improve our squad and add creativity.

David Perkins (Blackpool) - Knocking on now at 32 but could be the replacement for Dawson if he leaves. Been Blackpool's best player this season by all accounts and I can't imagine he'd want to stay there.

Jim McNulty (Bury) - Out of contract, Hill has worked with him before and no idea where he stands at Bury but has been linked before. Easily better than Lancashire.

Anthony Gerrard (Huddersfield) - Been released. Was on loan at Oldham last season. Would be a fantastic addition to our centre of defence but suspect he's out of reach.

Not saying we should go out and sign these players obviously but these are players I'd look at as being realistic options that we could look at.

If we're looking at getting Scott Wiseman back and playing him at centre half and also keeping TK in centre half then my hopes for pushing on next season have been completely squashed. Wiseman would come with a hefty wage and is only really effective in RB where we have 3 players who can play there already (Cannon,Bennett,Rafferty).

Think we should 100% sign Conrad Logan even if he comes with a big top earner wage. I'd like to also see Lillis released or transfer listed and start to utilise this young lad Diba on the bench more and have him as our 2nd choice and have faith in him more.

I'd say try our hardest to also keep hold of Dawson as he adds a bit of steel and experience we need in that midfield.

Easier said than done but we also need to look at the way Chelsea set up to keep the clean sheet in the bigger games next season. Get Bennett playing the Matic role and almost playing as a 3rd centre half at times and let Allen do the creative side of things i.e Fabregas. 4-2-3-1 formation.

how is anthony elding still in league one?

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 14:34 - May 4 with 2763 views442Dale

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 14:13 - May 4 by ChaffRAFC

Welsh is a great call. Good player at this level.

Perkins has lost half a yard, no thanks.

Fletcher's an interesting one, needs to stay fit.

Never understood why Buchanan gets a mention, apart from a chance to welcome him back. Again. Average at Bury and has never been a regular at PNE.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 14:51 - May 4 with 2737 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Whitey said a good few months back that Perkins was goosed.......suspect he is right,as ever.

PS (whitey also said RNL was fantastic.....and that Dale would stuff the Tykes at Oakwell yesterday)
Login to get fewer ads

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 15:05 - May 4 with 2708 viewsTalkingSutty

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 14:27 - May 4 by RoChDaLe

If we're looking at getting Scott Wiseman back and playing him at centre half and also keeping TK in centre half then my hopes for pushing on next season have been completely squashed. Wiseman would come with a hefty wage and is only really effective in RB where we have 3 players who can play there already (Cannon,Bennett,Rafferty).

Think we should 100% sign Conrad Logan even if he comes with a big top earner wage. I'd like to also see Lillis released or transfer listed and start to utilise this young lad Diba on the bench more and have him as our 2nd choice and have faith in him more.

I'd say try our hardest to also keep hold of Dawson as he adds a bit of steel and experience we need in that midfield.

Easier said than done but we also need to look at the way Chelsea set up to keep the clean sheet in the bigger games next season. Get Bennett playing the Matic role and almost playing as a 3rd centre half at times and let Allen do the creative side of things i.e Fabregas. 4-2-3-1 formation.

The title of this thread is very presumptuous, 'What we need to do to stay in league one ' that is more realistic.

The last sentence of Chaffs post is about right I reckon and the real problem won't be who we should look to add to the squad rather than who we can manage to retain during the close season. Finishing just outside the play offs leaves us ripe for being cherry picked.

I will be amazed if Henderson doesn't leave and remember it's the club/managers policy to let any player leave, it's one of the conditions of joining our club. Allan, Bennett,Vincenti,Cannon could also be up for grabs. I don't expect Dawson to be at the club and wouldn't be surprised to see him at Bury next season

I am expecting us to probably start with a weaker squad than what we have finished with. If we do decide as a club that we are going to try to push onto the next level and keep hold of our best players (change of policy) then the addition of 3 or 4 decent players could make a real difference. It's a fine line and player retention will decide which way the mop will flop, either a very good season or one of struggle, it depends on how the powers that be want to approach it.

One of the problems with having so many local Derbys next season is the intensity of the games and expectation levels, we have to be 'Battle Ready' and we need a bit more experience around the team. A few of our youngsters are good enough but there's a few more that haven't really over impressed.
[Post edited 4 May 2015 15:07]
what do we need next season to get the play offs on 16:25 - May 4 with 2606 viewsShun

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 13:43 - May 4 by ColDale

Max Power!
what do we need next season to get the play offs on 16:40 - May 4 with 2569 viewsJorDale

I think we'd be daft not to go for George Waring, popping them in for fun at barnsley, Conrad Logan is a must also.
Also in agreement about needing a CB!
what do we need next season to get the play offs on 17:40 - May 4 with 2465 viewsleedsdale

All our problems are solved: John Joe O'Toole is now available...
what do we need next season to get the play offs on 17:43 - May 4 with 2457 viewsYouTubeDale

I know we have a go at him but I would love Jack Redshaw to rejoin us. He can certainly find the net and is quite an exciting player to watch. The only other problem is that he tends to get injured.
[Post edited 4 May 2015 19:38]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 18:55 - May 4 with 2373 viewsRoChDaLe

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 17:43 - May 4 by YouTubeDale

I know we have a go at him but I would love Jack Redshaw to rejoin us. He can certainly find the net and is quite an exciting player to watch. The only other problem is that he tends to get injured.
[Post edited 4 May 2015 19:38]

Heard that back when he was with us Flitcroft told him he had to play for the reserves one week and he told him to F off so on that basis I doubt Hill would sign him again.

how is anthony elding still in league one?

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 20:48 - May 4 with 2248 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

IF KH is still with us, I expect the recruitment to be quite lazy.

Conrad - No brainer
TK - If he realises that L1 is his level
Jim Mc - Been on the cards for a while.
Dagnall - Seems to be the fans new Adam Rundle, but would stay well clear.

Don't think Dawson will be offered a new deal as he offers poor value for money, not being able to string a run of two games together.

The rest will be free transfers to replace any out going sales.

Jack Redshaw refused to sign on three occasions since he has left, so would be surprised if it happened.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 21:48 - May 4 with 2118 viewsdingdangblue

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 18:55 - May 4 by RoChDaLe

Heard that back when he was with us Flitcroft told him he had to play for the reserves one week and he told him to F off so on that basis I doubt Hill would sign him again.

Hill tried to sign him in Jan so he cant have been that put off.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 09:53 - May 5 with 1951 viewsParkinsGimp

Agree with most , need Logan as a goalie, a good centre half to play alongside Eastham, Lancashire is not good enough. Mentioned Duff from burnley but I suspect wages will be too high.
Two strikers , we have nothing up front and have been very fortunate this season to rely on attacking midfielders to score our goals.
I do not want Dagnall back at the club...didnt he run his contract down to go for a free after we spent 12 months rehabilitating him from injury. Hes not that good anymoreTBH, League two standard now I'm afraid.
what do we need next season to get the play offs on 09:55 - May 5 with 1950 viewsTVOS1907

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 09:53 - May 5 by ParkinsGimp

Agree with most , need Logan as a goalie, a good centre half to play alongside Eastham, Lancashire is not good enough. Mentioned Duff from burnley but I suspect wages will be too high.
Two strikers , we have nothing up front and have been very fortunate this season to rely on attacking midfielders to score our goals.
I do not want Dagnall back at the club...didnt he run his contract down to go for a free after we spent 12 months rehabilitating him from injury. Hes not that good anymoreTBH, League two standard now I'm afraid.

Is anybody or anything connected with Dale good enough for you?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 10:45 - May 5 with 1907 viewspioneer

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 12:41 - May 4 by Shun

Interesting that only 8 teams in the entire Football League scored more goals than us.

and only a few more than that lost more than us, and Notts Co went down with fewer losses than us.

lies, damned lies and statistics
what do we need next season to get the play offs on 12:03 - May 5 with 1825 viewsdingdangblue

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 10:45 - May 5 by pioneer

and only a few more than that lost more than us, and Notts Co went down with fewer losses than us.

lies, damned lies and statistics

We finished 8th, thats the only statistic worth looking at. Massive achievement and one that Yeovil, Crawley, Notts Co and Leyton Orient would want at this moment.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 13:23 - May 5 with 1761 viewsMuggers

It seems that most supporters' perception is that Conrad Logan is definitely signing for RAFC. As much as we all would love him to sign, I think that his historic salary at Leicester and therefore his expectations, may well be beyond our capabilities. I hope I am wrong.

I've also heard that Stephen Dawson's salary expectations may be a problem for him to agree a new deal. Again, I hope we can secure his signature but finances may be an issue.
what do we need next season to get the play offs on 19:07 - May 5 with 1664 views442Dale

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 09:53 - May 5 by ParkinsGimp

Duff is 38 next season.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 19:23 - May 5 with 1638 viewspioneer

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 12:03 - May 5 by dingdangblue

We finished 8th, thats the only statistic worth looking at. Massive achievement and one that Yeovil, Crawley, Notts Co and Leyton Orient would want at this moment.

Agree entirely, that was the point of my last line
what do we need next season to get the play offs on 19:25 - May 5 with 1636 viewsChaffRAFC

Hill's comments on DalePlayer filled me with more confidence that the recruitment will be right this year. He said he needs to be clever with recruitment and that he's had younger players come in this season but now he needs players who have got the "know how."

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

what do we need next season to get the play offs on 19:48 - May 5 with 1577 viewszxcvbnm

Hopefully a smattering of experienced Pros will help benefit the youngsters - Will wait and see whether Kennedy and Dawson play the long game whilst their agents try and get them ‘better’ deals

Poll: Best loanee keeper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024