Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey returns 14:10 - Jan 5 with 30239 viewsNorthernr

Well this should make for a fun afternoon on here...

CHRIS RAMSEY APPOINTED TECHNICAL DIRECTOR

Ramsey to head up new role within QPR Academy

CHRIS Ramsey has been appointed Technical Director at QPR.

Ramsey will be responsible for a variety of roles relating to coaching and player development.

The 53 year-old will oversee all aspects of coaching and coach education within the Academy, and be responsible for developing and implementing player development strategies.

He will also oversee the integration between the Academy, Development Squad and First Team, as well as focusing on the monitoring and reporting of players on loan to other clubs.

Ramsey will also develop and implement the scouting strategy to include the necessary processes and procedures to acquire players, and develop and implement club partnership programmes at both domestic and international level to facilitate greater market accessibility, exchange of best practice, and development / exit opportunities for players.

Director of Football, Les Ferdinand, explained why Ramsey — who was relinquished of his First Team duties in early November — is the ideal candidate for the role, commenting: “Whilst we were disappointed things didn’t work out with Chris at First Team level earlier in the season, we were determined to retain his services at QPR.

“As such, we actually put a clause in his contract which allowed us to retain Chris’s services in a player-development role should things not work out for him as Head Coach.

“Chris knows Academy football inside-out and having put the building blocks in place for a lot of the good restructuring work that’s been done here over the past 11 months, he can come in and make an instant impact in an environment he has helped build.”

This post has been edited by an administrator
Ramsey returns on 14:56 - Jan 5 with 3093 viewsTheBlob

It smells like a Civil Service type appointment or what the old newspaper unions used to do.Don't know what else to do with a redundant geezer except park him at the bottom of a chute where no papers actually arrive anymore.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ramsey returns on 14:57 - Jan 5 with 3080 viewsDiscodroids

Id rather celebrate new years eve with a 1000 asylum seekers outside Cologne station with my Mrs than have the cuckold back .

f ucking great news.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ramsey returns on 14:57 - Jan 5 with 3083 viewssimmo

Ramsey returns on 14:54 - Jan 5 by stevec

I'm spiraling into a pit of despair.

Happy fckin new year, if you can call it that.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ramsey returns on 14:58 - Jan 5 with 3080 viewsINFIRMARY

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

Ramsey returns on 14:58 - Jan 5 with 3081 viewsaston_hoop

Caretaker manager by the end of the season

But seriously, good to have a proper youth coach in place. Clubs like Wycombe, Luton and Gillingham must be pleased to hear they'll be getting a higher class of youngster from us in a few years time!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Ramsey returns on 15:02 - Jan 5 with 3044 viewsstevec

First team boss to sacked to boss of the First team boss.
This could only happen at Rangers.

The upside, no need to change my TF/Ramsey avatar.
Ramsey returns on 15:07 - Jan 5 with 3010 viewsPunteR

Ramsey returns on 14:54 - Jan 5 by stevec

I'm spiraling into a pit of despair.

Happy fckin new year, if you can call it that.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ramsey returns on 15:10 - Jan 5 with 2995 viewsfrancisbowles

A man who has been in football for probably nearly forty year. Has experience of a wide variety of roles at different levels of the pyramid and has all the qualifications for this role.

I hope he will have learn't even more about football after having time to reflect on his experiences here, so far.

Welcome back Chris. Unfortunately, the hostility hasn't got much better!
Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey returns on 15:10 - Jan 5 with 2990 viewsJamie

From the state of some of the weeping quims in here, you'd think Rambo was going to be picking the team, before undertaking a Caligula-esque orgy with everyone's wives around the back of the Loft whilst the game goes on, rather than being reappointed to the job he was unwisely overpromoted from.

And let's be honest, at QPR, "academy director" holds less responsibility and gravitas than PA to the tealady.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2016 15:11]
Ramsey returns on 15:10 - Jan 5 with 2985 viewsJigsore

Giving jobs to people who are qualified for said job. Only at Rangers, etc.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Ramsey returns on 15:13 - Jan 5 with 2957 viewsDiscodroids

Ramsey returns on 15:10 - Jan 5 by Jamie

From the state of some of the weeping quims in here, you'd think Rambo was going to be picking the team, before undertaking a Caligula-esque orgy with everyone's wives around the back of the Loft whilst the game goes on, rather than being reappointed to the job he was unwisely overpromoted from.

And let's be honest, at QPR, "academy director" holds less responsibility and gravitas than PA to the tealady.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2016 15:11]

'weeping quims '... your right this forum is full to c unt bursting with them.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ramsey returns on 15:14 - Jan 5 with 2955 viewsElHoop

Wearing a boring accountant's hat, with FFP in mind, giving him this job in mainly youth development presumably excludes the cost from the FFP calculation, whereas paying him off as first team manager would stuff us up big time if FFP is applying to us this season. So it's possibly a little bit clever anyway.
Ramsey returns on 15:14 - Jan 5 with 2946 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'm surprised at Ramsey wanting to come back and can hear the faint sound of circus music in my head - but really this isn't especially good or bad IMO, just odd!

As other's have said, it's the job Ramsey is well qualified to do but the structure now seems a mess with a big overlap between Les, Ramsey and Suckling.
Ramsey returns on 15:18 - Jan 5 with 2926 viewsSimonJames

Now he's experienced life at the sharp end, both with 1st team football and with disgruntled fans, hopefully it'll give him a comprehensive understanding of the issues and requirements.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Ramsey returns on 15:18 - Jan 5 with 2924 viewspaulparker

Ramsey returns on 15:14 - Jan 5 by adhoc_qpr

I'm surprised at Ramsey wanting to come back and can hear the faint sound of circus music in my head - but really this isn't especially good or bad IMO, just odd!

As other's have said, it's the job Ramsey is well qualified to do but the structure now seems a mess with a big overlap between Les, Ramsey and Suckling.

He has to come back as no clubs want him ,

funny how the messiah of youth development hasn't been snapped up,
he discovered Harry Kane you know

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ramsey returns on 15:19 - Jan 5 with 2559 viewszicoshoops

The pieces are slowly falling into place.
One final piece remaining.

I demand........nay, I insist upon the return of Paul Hart as First Team tactical guru.

Stand on me........
We've still got time to piss this league.
Ramsey returns on 15:20 - Jan 5 with 2546 viewsaston_hoop

Ramsey returns on 15:18 - Jan 5 by paulparker

He has to come back as no clubs want him ,

funny how the messiah of youth development hasn't been snapped up,
he discovered Harry Kane you know

Just out of interest, how do you know that no clubs wanted him?

Ramsey returns on 15:23 - Jan 5 with 2528 viewsstevec

Ramsey returns on 15:20 - Jan 5 by aston_hoop

Just a hunch
Ramsey returns on 15:25 - Jan 5 with 2507 viewsadhoc_qpr

Maybe he just decided to not look for another role and have some time off while we're still presumably paying his contract since sacking him, so we decided to invoke the clause and put him to work in the youth setup since we're paying him anyway...
Ramsey returns on 15:30 - Jan 5 with 2477 viewsJuzzie

Ramsey returns on 14:26 - Jan 5 by CroydonCaptJack

Blimey, how many more times CR wasn't the 'dream manager'

Just in the same way that Warnock never wanted the managers job, Les isn't appointing his mates and so many other things people incorrectly latch onto.

As for Ramsey, it was often said (no, not by 'everyone') that this sort of role is what he was best suited at so lets see how it pans out.

[Post edited 5 Jan 2016 15:31]
Ramsey returns on 15:30 - Jan 5 with 2470 viewspaulparker

I don't but Its pretty obvious as he isn't working anywhere else is he
If he was that great at Spurs why have they not gone for him again

would you be a manger where you work then after 9 months of getting the sack go back to the same firm but in a demoted role even if you had other others elsewhere

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ramsey returns on 15:36 - Jan 5 with 2438 viewsTheChef

I need to know what SpiritofGregory poster thinks about this.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ramsey returns on 15:38 - Jan 5 with 2421 viewsaston_hoop

Ramsey returns on 15:30 - Jan 5 by paulparker

I don't but Its pretty obvious as he isn't working anywhere else is he
If he was that great at Spurs why have they not gone for him again

would you be a manger where you work then after 9 months of getting the sack go back to the same firm but in a demoted role even if you had other others elsewhere

He might have wanted to stay in London, he might have been offered a job at Spurs but not at the expense of the current academy head so it would have been a demotion there, perhaps Pochettino is doing things his own way there anyway, he might simply have wanted to stay at the club and finish the job. I'm probably mad but I can't imagine he couldn't have got a similar role at a similar sized club. I guess in the same way Les Reed was a pretty pathetic manager at Charlton but was doing amazing things with Southamptons caoching and development

Ramsey returns on 15:38 - Jan 5 with 2422 viewsRangersw12

The one thing he is good at is working with youngsters therefore this should be greeted as a good appointment

Sadly I think we will be getting threads after every bad youth result now
Ramsey returns on 15:45 - Jan 5 with 2375 viewsFloridaR

So a jack of all trade role for ramsey.

Will the club still be persisting in playing the 4-2-3-1 model ?
Love to know the answer to this ?
[Post edited 5 Jan 2016 15:46]

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024