Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. 22:15 - Feb 16 with 15011 viewsolympicdale

I don't know what else to say after that 'performance'. The first 6 minutes were brilliant, closing down Crewe and all over them, and then they seemed to stop playing which gave Crewe a perfect chance to get back in to the game. You can not drop the intensity as much as we did after getting two early goals, they were there for the taking and we just decided to stop playing, and in fact, they will probably be a little disappointed not to win, could have easily had 3/4.

There doesn't look to be any visible shape to this team, or any noticible idea to the system being played, McNulty is NOT a full back, how many games before Hill realises this, he's in danger of destroying the lads confidence. Eastham and Lancy should be the preferred choice with what we have at the moment, they appear to have a good partnership, verbally organising each other throughout the game.

What has happened to the midfield, there are no leaders in the middle of the park, no passion and no natural width, it's like there's an invisible shield just past the half way line, that we seem afraid to cross. It is no coincidence tht both goals came from quality play out wide, we need some natural width in our play. I am running out of patience for the situation with Alessandra, we need to be playing him or let him go out on loan, he deserves to be playing every week for someone.

Something needs to change, personal or tactical, because there doesn't look to be any idea or direction in the team atm, and you can easily be dragged in to a relegation battle, it was clear that confidence was low once Crewe got back in to it, and for a team that can beat teams like Wallsall and Burton, it is no excuse.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2016 22:21]

Life is a game of fate.

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 10:44 - Feb 17 with 3133 viewsTVOS1907

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 09:38 - Feb 17 by ParkinsGimp

Both McNulty and RNL are absolute W!!K , They are appauling players, I dont give a flying feck what they did at your club eons ago, we can see they are hopeless and to shell out long term contracts to both these tools is laughable. Our scouting system is a joke, we only go for players from baaarnsley ( at least 3-4 years ago) , it used to be Stockport, or bury . Now it seems he wants sCUNThorpe rejects... Farcial.

Up to the last two games, where he has been played at left-back, McNulty has been generally fine this season. Of course he makes mistakes, but then so do the likes of John Stones, John Terry, RCraig Dawson, etc.

RNL has only been involved in eight league games, seven as a substitute and his contract expires in the summer.

We know the football and results aren't good at the moment, but at least try to give constructive criticism rather than the usual uneducated bile you come out with.

And I'll ask again, as you ignored it yesterday, how did you cope when we were applying for re-election every year?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 12:48 - Feb 17 with 2988 viewsWhiteyBFC

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 23:28 - Feb 16 by JimmyRustler

If the season was to finish now this would all be true but we're pretty much in free fall with 6 wins in our last 20 games in all comps.

It's the manner of the results as much as the results themselves. I can't see us putting a run together like you did.

We aren't even losing the right way anymore. Everything KH has built here he seems to be systemically destroying with every passing game.

PS TS I was only kidding don't worry.

I think you're capable on your day of turning anyone over, and that I reckon will see you safe. Well safe actually. But it's all guesswork I suppose.

I saw you torn apart at Oakwell recently but didn't get the whiff of relegation, not at all. I did when we beat Bury though. Yet they beat Sheff Utd last night. The division has 24 clubs in it all of a similar standard, I don't believe there are two or three sides who are untouchable or two or three who can't buy a result. Makes it difficult then to predict owt.

I had us to finish 13th this season. We're currently 13th. I think I had you lot to finish top six. And Bury to be relegated. I expect to get all three wrong by May.

But my post last night I still stand by. Maybe poorly timed of me, but I do reckon the content was fair enough despite it getting voted down. You're a L2 club in so many ways. What Keith has achieved there is staggering really, over a decade or so. Yet the crowds aren't coming. Look at this thread - ridiculous amount of people saying they're not coming anymore. Attendances, people supporting the club, that's paramount. So what are these 'fans' going to do? Stop supporting/attending, and then what? It won't get any better if you somehow get closer to 1,000 home supporters, which is non-league standard really.

Maybe Keith has done all he can for Dale. Needs a new project/challenge perhaps. I fear for you if he realises that. Yes, it's well annoying when he ignores certain players, picks others, selects strange lineups and tactics. I remember him very well for picking Wiseman ahead of Stones. But all managers do it. Even my beloved Danny Wilson. And he's towing his bollocks off to keep Chesterfield up, a bigger club than Dale.

You'll be reight. But I apologise for upsetting folk if indeed I have done. Except ParkinsGimp.
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 12:55 - Feb 17 with 2971 viewsWhiteyBFC

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 09:38 - Feb 17 by ParkinsGimp

Both McNulty and RNL are absolute W!!K , They are appauling players, I dont give a flying feck what they did at your club eons ago, we can see they are hopeless and to shell out long term contracts to both these tools is laughable. Our scouting system is a joke, we only go for players from baaarnsley ( at least 3-4 years ago) , it used to be Stockport, or bury . Now it seems he wants sCUNThorpe rejects... Farcial.

I was trying to add a bit of perspective and context, that's all. McNulty played very well at LB for Keith when in the Championship. In other words, I was trying to point that out in order to perhaps explain why he's currently playing him there. I'm not saying it's successful right now, by all accounts he's struggling there.

RNL has had one start all season, just a handful of sub appearances and just returned from a serious injury. Again, I was merely trying to add context.

One thing I agree with you on is Keith's scouting network. It's never extended further than about 50 miles. I know a few Scunny fans and their opinions of Canavan and Syers aren't great, let's just say that.
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 12:56 - Feb 17 with 2964 views442Dale

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 12:48 - Feb 17 by WhiteyBFC

I think you're capable on your day of turning anyone over, and that I reckon will see you safe. Well safe actually. But it's all guesswork I suppose.

I saw you torn apart at Oakwell recently but didn't get the whiff of relegation, not at all. I did when we beat Bury though. Yet they beat Sheff Utd last night. The division has 24 clubs in it all of a similar standard, I don't believe there are two or three sides who are untouchable or two or three who can't buy a result. Makes it difficult then to predict owt.

I had us to finish 13th this season. We're currently 13th. I think I had you lot to finish top six. And Bury to be relegated. I expect to get all three wrong by May.

But my post last night I still stand by. Maybe poorly timed of me, but I do reckon the content was fair enough despite it getting voted down. You're a L2 club in so many ways. What Keith has achieved there is staggering really, over a decade or so. Yet the crowds aren't coming. Look at this thread - ridiculous amount of people saying they're not coming anymore. Attendances, people supporting the club, that's paramount. So what are these 'fans' going to do? Stop supporting/attending, and then what? It won't get any better if you somehow get closer to 1,000 home supporters, which is non-league standard really.

Maybe Keith has done all he can for Dale. Needs a new project/challenge perhaps. I fear for you if he realises that. Yes, it's well annoying when he ignores certain players, picks others, selects strange lineups and tactics. I remember him very well for picking Wiseman ahead of Stones. But all managers do it. Even my beloved Danny Wilson. And he's towing his bollocks off to keep Chesterfield up, a bigger club than Dale.

You'll be reight. But I apologise for upsetting folk if indeed I have done. Except ParkinsGimp.

I fear for us if the manager decides that as well. For all his faults I don't think anyone would want a different person in charge.

Many wouldn't have a clue what to do if he left.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 13:18 - Feb 17 with 2891 viewsTalkingSutty

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 12:56 - Feb 17 by 442Dale

I fear for us if the manager decides that as well. For all his faults I don't think anyone would want a different person in charge.

Many wouldn't have a clue what to do if he left.

We want the Stadium issue resolved.

We want the Chairman to act regarding the dwindling crowds by employing somebody whose only remit is to bring back the missing fans (without anybody else within the club interfering with his plans). Pay him a basic salary and let him work on commission relating to attendances in home support.

We want Hilly to be given a half decent budget to allow him to bring in the calibre of player that will entice fans to return game after game.

We want the feeling that the manager and the players are actually proud to represent the Club, rather than doing us all a big favour.

We want the Profile of the Club raising and a connection between the fans, players, management and staff. It's been 'Us and them' for far too long.

We want the covers putting down on the pitch at the correct time without interference from pretend John Kettley's.

We want to get into the ground on matchdays without being tickled to death by overweight stewards with very greasy hair and a mouthful of pickle stabbers,wearing a badly fitting jacket and their dads trousers.

We want some toilet duck and stardrops introducing to the bogs in the TDS.

We want to see Alessandra start a game.....ok, i'm being a bit daft with that one!!

We want T-Shirts printing, 'I saw Lewis Alessandra'
[Post edited 17 Feb 2016 13:41]
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 14:34 - Feb 17 with 2769 viewsD_Alien

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 13:18 - Feb 17 by TalkingSutty

We want the Chairman to act regarding the dwindling crowds by employing somebody whose only remit is to bring back the missing fans (without anybody else within the club interfering with his plans). Pay him a basic salary and let him work on commission relating to attendances in home support.

We want Hilly to be given a half decent budget to allow him to bring in the calibre of player that will entice fans to return game after game.

We want the feeling that the manager and the players are actually proud to represent the Club, rather than doing us all a big favour.

We want the Profile of the Club raising and a connection between the fans, players, management and staff. It's been 'Us and them' for far too long.

We want the covers putting down on the pitch at the correct time without interference from pretend John Kettley's.

We want to get into the ground on matchdays without being tickled to death by overweight stewards with very greasy hair and a mouthful of pickle stabbers,wearing a badly fitting jacket and their dads trousers.

We want to see Alessandra start a game.....ok, i'm being a bit daft with that one!!

There's one thing that'll always get us Daleys through the hard times - humour!

Just back to the subject of KH deciding he's had enough; he can get away with experimenting like last night at Dale. He won't anywhere else. Just won't be tolerated. it wasn't at Barnsley, where he was shown the door. Just my thoughts on the matter, although I agree with you that right now he's probably bored due to lack of resolution of the stadium issue, only after which can we all move forwards.

I'll be back at Spotland for the next Saturday fixture, and haven't by any means given up, not even for this season. But then I'm an eternal optimist, glass always three-quarters full. I'm probably a stupid bugger, but I don't care.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 14:39 - Feb 17 with 2757 viewsolympicdale

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 13:18 - Feb 17 by TalkingSutty

The reality seems to be that Keith Hill has lost interest in this season, listening to interviews he appears downbeat about it, constantly trying to lower expectations. He has realised that no money can be given to him to strengthen the team while the stadium issue is still up in the air, this must be incredibly frustrating for him, and this season has to go down as one of the least inspiring in recent memory.

There was no atmosphere last night, and its little surprise, there was no passion on the pitch from the players, no dynamism, no energy, its like all the energy has been sucked out of the players, merely going through the motion, Steven Dawson has been massively missed, there are zero leaders on the pitch.

We will never see Lewis Allesandra, you have to wonder if he has spoken out to the manager, and we all know how stubborn Hill can be, not picking him to make some sort of point. He'd re-register Chris Beech to play before Allesandra, because I struggle to think why, a player who was pivotal for Plymouth, is behind the likes of Bunney and Andrew in the pecking order

Life is a game of fate.

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 14:57 - Feb 17 with 2708 viewsD_Alien

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 14:39 - Feb 17 by olympicdale

The reality seems to be that Keith Hill has lost interest in this season, listening to interviews he appears downbeat about it, constantly trying to lower expectations. He has realised that no money can be given to him to strengthen the team while the stadium issue is still up in the air, this must be incredibly frustrating for him, and this season has to go down as one of the least inspiring in recent memory.

There was no atmosphere last night, and its little surprise, there was no passion on the pitch from the players, no dynamism, no energy, its like all the energy has been sucked out of the players, merely going through the motion, Steven Dawson has been massively missed, there are zero leaders on the pitch.

We will never see Lewis Allesandra, you have to wonder if he has spoken out to the manager, and we all know how stubborn Hill can be, not picking him to make some sort of point. He'd re-register Chris Beech to play before Allesandra, because I struggle to think why, a player who was pivotal for Plymouth, is behind the likes of Bunney and Andrew in the pecking order

We saw Alessandra on Saturday, briefly.

Last night was the perfect opportunity to start him as part of a front two alongside Hendo, in much the same way Hendo and Done played together and ripped defences apart. Alessandra looks like he has a turn of foot about him, his control looks decent, why not give it a go? With a proper midfield in support?

The defence wouldn't then constantly find itself under constant pressure since the opposition wouldn't be throwing players forward with those two to counter attack at pace.

442Dale refers to simplicity on another thread. Hill employed that formation last year and it worked. Even if Alessandra's not Matty Done, it'd still pose more questions and Hill knows this. Like TS, I blame him for putting out ridiculously unbalanced, unfit formations. Those are his decisions, and even the most smoke-blowing apologist couldn't justify last night's arsey starting line up.

[Post edited 17 Feb 2016 14:59]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 15:49 - Feb 17 with 2593 viewsdingdangblue

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 14:57 - Feb 17 by D_Alien

Last night was the perfect opportunity to start him as part of a front two alongside Hendo, in much the same way Hendo and Done played together and ripped defences apart. Alessandra looks like he has a turn of foot about him, his control looks decent, why not give it a go? With a proper midfield in support?

The defence wouldn't then constantly find itself under constant pressure since the opposition wouldn't be throwing players forward with those two to counter attack at pace.

442Dale refers to simplicity on another thread. Hill employed that formation last year and it worked. Even if Alessandra's not Matty Done, it'd still pose more questions and Hill knows this. Like TS, I blame him for putting out ridiculously unbalanced, unfit formations. Those are his decisions, and even the most smoke-blowing apologist couldn't justify last night's arsey starting line up.

I wanted Alessandra to start last night - but we did find ourselves 2-0 up within 7 mins. Playing McNulty left back again ultimately cost us that lead - opened up twice down that side . Any team scouting us are going punish us in that position. Bradford's winger Reid I imagine will swap sides and run him ragged. If Tanser/Kennedy and Rose aren't going to play there we really need to bring a loan in.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2016 15:51]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 16:08 - Feb 17 with 2535 viewsdalestats

It was a baffling formation to play last night. Such a negative side without genuine midfielders. When you consider several players were also played out of position. I for one can’t work out the logic.

I full expect several changes for Saturday with Cannon, Allen, Canavan and Camps all coming into the side.

I do wonder though that when KH has a sticky spell and things don’t go well that he panics and trues to be creative with his selections. Get back to basics Keith.

Poll: Remain in the eu

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 16:11 - Feb 17 with 2526 viewsRosun

I'm no tactical genius DDB but I think the exposure down the left side stems from the us not having a defensive option from midfield.
On the right hand side we have Rafferty & Vincenti doubling up in defence and attack. On the left we don't have an equivalent number 11 to protect the flank. Joe Bunney was flogging his tripe trying to get back to provide cover but Crewe were breaking with slick one touch passes that even Usain Bolt would have struggled to get back in time. Surely that's a job for one of our midfielders to provide back up.
From the team sheet I thought we were going to line up 5-3-2 with Bunney & Raff as wing-backs and Heno and NML up top. Rhys playing the midfield destroyer / Dawson role and Lund and Rose being 'creative'.
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 16:13 - Feb 17 with 2515 viewsdalelee

Back 4 and keeper look so low on confidence even at 2-0 there was so much hesitancy. To their credit we did look more compact 2nd half but the defence is a concern.
McNulty was too exposed and he really struggled with players running at him at pace. I would play Kennedy, we've got enough options in the squad to resist a loan signing but KH will have lots of decisions to make in the summer to sort out our defensive problems.
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 16:19 - Feb 17 with 2494 viewsdingdangblue

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 16:11 - Feb 17 by Rosun

I'm no tactical genius DDB but I think the exposure down the left side stems from the us not having a defensive option from midfield.
On the right hand side we have Rafferty & Vincenti doubling up in defence and attack. On the left we don't have an equivalent number 11 to protect the flank. Joe Bunney was flogging his tripe trying to get back to provide cover but Crewe were breaking with slick one touch passes that even Usain Bolt would have struggled to get back in time. Surely that's a job for one of our midfielders to provide back up.
From the team sheet I thought we were going to line up 5-3-2 with Bunney & Raff as wing-backs and Heno and NML up top. Rhys playing the midfield destroyer / Dawson role and Lund and Rose being 'creative'.

Vincenti wasn't playing.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 16:25 - Feb 17 with 2471 viewsRosun

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 16:19 - Feb 17 by dingdangblue

Vincenti wasn't playing.

True, not for all of the game. What I meant when I said "have" rather than "had" was a system that we normally play to with the right sided midfielder (NML / Vincenti) providing back up to the right back. There doesn't seem to be an equivalent on the left.
Barnsley figured this out, so did Chesterfield. And Crewe. Twice.
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 18:23 - Feb 17 with 2319 viewsolympicdale

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 14:57 - Feb 17 by D_Alien

I stated last night that it was the perfect game to start Alessandra, he is pivotal if we want to play the ball on the ground, looks to have a very good first touch, and can actually twist and turn on the ball, his movement is also very intelligent, but once again we go with Bunney.

Once Crewe got the game to 2-2 the whole style of the game changed, and it became a grinding out contest, of one that should have been pretty comfortable, with how we started the game. Bringing on Vincenti wasn't even going to alter the game, the dynamics of the game changed, one that wasn't suited to big Pete, and yet we still see Lewis warming his bottom on the bench.

I feel Hill still doesn't know his best 11, and is over complicating things, he needs to get back to basics, put Alessandra up front with Hendo, as our two best goalscoring assets, with natural width suppling them both, but I don't see this happening any time soon.

Life is a game of fate.

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 18:29 - Feb 17 with 2300 viewsdingdangblue

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 18:23 - Feb 17 by olympicdale

I stated last night that it was the perfect game to start Alessandra, he is pivotal if we want to play the ball on the ground, looks to have a very good first touch, and can actually twist and turn on the ball, his movement is also very intelligent, but once again we go with Bunney.

Once Crewe got the game to 2-2 the whole style of the game changed, and it became a grinding out contest, of one that should have been pretty comfortable, with how we started the game. Bringing on Vincenti wasn't even going to alter the game, the dynamics of the game changed, one that wasn't suited to big Pete, and yet we still see Lewis warming his bottom on the bench.

I feel Hill still doesn't know his best 11, and is over complicating things, he needs to get back to basics, put Alessandra up front with Hendo, as our two best goalscoring assets, with natural width suppling them both, but I don't see this happening any time soon.

Our best 11 certainly includes Allen and Camps - would have preferred them rested v Millwall and played v Crewe if Hill wanted to rest them.

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 18:33 - Feb 17 with 2291 viewsolympicdale

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 18:29 - Feb 17 by dingdangblue

Our best 11 certainly includes Allen and Camps - would have preferred them rested v Millwall and played v Crewe if Hill wanted to rest them.

Our best 11 includes the likes of Allen/Camps/Cannon. I don't buy into this whole resting the younger players rule that Hill employs, unless they're injured, young players should always be playing, especially if they are your better players. We need to get back to playing the younger players, and get back the no fear approach.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2016 18:34]

Life is a game of fate.

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 20:01 - Feb 17 with 2183 viewsnordenblue

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 18:33 - Feb 17 by olympicdale

Our best 11 includes the likes of Allen/Camps/Cannon. I don't buy into this whole resting the younger players rule that Hill employs, unless they're injured, young players should always be playing, especially if they are your better players. We need to get back to playing the younger players, and get back the no fear approach.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2016 18:34]

Then when they are rested they don't gain as much experience,something else to mention when we play badly!!
Can't see why any pro footballer at our level requires "resting" they are hardly flogged all day everyday of the week,maybe lay off the golf if they require a rest!!
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 20:47 - Feb 17 with 2114 viewsWhiteyBFC

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 16:25 - Feb 17 by Rosun

True, not for all of the game. What I meant when I said "have" rather than "had" was a system that we normally play to with the right sided midfielder (NML / Vincenti) providing back up to the right back. There doesn't seem to be an equivalent on the left.
Barnsley figured this out, so did Chesterfield. And Crewe. Twice.

Bang on, that. From the Dale Player highlights I watch and of course the 6-1 game a while back, you were murdered down your right, our left. Hammill is something else, but as I say, it's so noticeable in other games too.

NML looks badly unfit to me. Got talent, definitely, but looks more of an impact player until Keith gets him on a pre season.

I'm with those though who can't understand the likes of Allen getting fewer opportunities this season.

Oh, and if you're criticising McNulty and wanting bloody TK in the side, you're contradicting yourselves. Useless footballer.
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 20:54 - Feb 17 with 2094 viewsdalenumber2

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 20:47 - Feb 17 by WhiteyBFC

Bang on, that. From the Dale Player highlights I watch and of course the 6-1 game a while back, you were murdered down your right, our left. Hammill is something else, but as I say, it's so noticeable in other games too.

NML looks badly unfit to me. Got talent, definitely, but looks more of an impact player until Keith gets him on a pre season.

I'm with those though who can't understand the likes of Allen getting fewer opportunities this season.

Oh, and if you're criticising McNulty and wanting bloody TK in the side, you're contradicting yourselves. Useless footballer.

To be honest I feel we are much better protected with TK at left back than McNulty. TK is a steady if unspectacular player who doesn't do much wrong even if he doesn't set the place alight. Poor McNulty looked like a rabbit caught in headlights last night - made so many mistakes, and his confidence seems to be rock bottom.
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 20:55 - Feb 17 with 2088 viewsfitzochris

Allen was made captain and did alright initially. Let's not forget he was injured before Christmas (leading to speculation he had actually been sold and was being protected). He came back against Chesterfield and looked nowhere near ready, in my opinion. He's probably still getting back to his best. Don't forget he's a young lad, too.

I'm with you on NML and TK. I said elsewhere NML is a definite goal threat for us but seems incapable of lasting 90 minutes.

As for TK, the more I've seen of him this season, the more I'm convinced he restricts our style of play, that being one where the full backs push on. We don't seem to be able to do it when he's in the side. It's a shame because I thought he was ace first time he was with us.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 20:56 - Feb 17 with 2084 viewsdalenumber2

Oh and why is NML so unfit? What are any of our players unfit? They've been with us long enough to build up their fitness, surely?
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 12:49 - Feb 18 with 1874 viewsdingdangblue

Think you're getting your wires crossed a little Whitey. Rosun was saying we seem to have more cover for our right back than our left - Hammill played on your left against our right back that day Cannon. Oh to have Matt Done back (being criminally underused by Adkins at Sheff Utd). Anyway Fletcher did more that day than Hammill - his substitution really changed the game - we couldn't handle him and he was heavily involved in goals 3,4 and 5.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024