Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. 22:15 - Feb 16 with 15012 viewsolympicdale

I don't know what else to say after that 'performance'. The first 6 minutes were brilliant, closing down Crewe and all over them, and then they seemed to stop playing which gave Crewe a perfect chance to get back in to the game. You can not drop the intensity as much as we did after getting two early goals, they were there for the taking and we just decided to stop playing, and in fact, they will probably be a little disappointed not to win, could have easily had 3/4.

There doesn't look to be any visible shape to this team, or any noticible idea to the system being played, McNulty is NOT a full back, how many games before Hill realises this, he's in danger of destroying the lads confidence. Eastham and Lancy should be the preferred choice with what we have at the moment, they appear to have a good partnership, verbally organising each other throughout the game.

What has happened to the midfield, there are no leaders in the middle of the park, no passion and no natural width, it's like there's an invisible shield just past the half way line, that we seem afraid to cross. It is no coincidence tht both goals came from quality play out wide, we need some natural width in our play. I am running out of patience for the situation with Alessandra, we need to be playing him or let him go out on loan, he deserves to be playing every week for someone.

Something needs to change, personal or tactical, because there doesn't look to be any idea or direction in the team atm, and you can easily be dragged in to a relegation battle, it was clear that confidence was low once Crewe got back in to it, and for a team that can beat teams like Wallsall and Burton, it is no excuse.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2016 22:21]

Life is a game of fate.

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 23:38 - Feb 16 with 3244 viewsYorkshire_Dale

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 23:19 - Feb 16 by dalenumber2

Worryingly for me was that when the Fleetwood match was announced at the end of the match, I had an overwhelming feeling of doom and dread at the thought of another cold Tuesday night watching all that again!

Hold up,we have to go to Valley Parade first........just in time for Hanson to re-gain his form (3goals in 2) and give our 8 defenders another mauling.

I know what you mean.
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 23:49 - Feb 16 with 3178 viewsTalkingSutty

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 23:28 - Feb 16 by JimmyRustler

If the season was to finish now this would all be true but we're pretty much in free fall with 6 wins in our last 20 games in all comps.

It's the manner of the results as much as the results themselves. I can't see us putting a run together like you did.

We aren't even losing the right way anymore. Everything KH has built here he seems to be systemically destroying with every passing game.

PS TS I was only kidding don't worry.

I know you was kidding, i need to start putting smiley faces after some of my comments
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 23:50 - Feb 16 with 3177 viewsD_Alien

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 23:19 - Feb 16 by dalenumber2

Worryingly for me was that when the Fleetwood match was announced at the end of the match, I had an overwhelming feeling of doom and dread at the thought of another cold Tuesday night watching all that again!

Couldn't make tonight's game, same next week.

When I saw the line-up I just shook my head. The players must feel like rats in a cage, with a mad scientist carrying out horrible experiments.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 23:55 - Feb 16 with 3145 viewsJimmyRustler

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 23:49 - Feb 16 by TalkingSutty

I know you was kidding, i need to start putting smiley faces after some of my comments

I can't even tell what's a joke and what isn't anymore*

*Apart from our defending.
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 23:59 - Feb 16 with 3113 viewsmikehunt

It just feels like Hilly has run out of ideas with what to do with what he has got. This felt like when Eyre had lost the plot and we were playing the headless-chicken formation.
The end of this season can't come quick enough and Keith has to be harsh and get rid. What has happened to all his contacts? Or is it true that it was Flicker who was constantly on the phone persuading players to give us a try.
I know we can't expect to improve every season but I expect a bit better that this.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 00:34 - Feb 17 with 3054 viewsSandyman

Apart from the initial goal burst, that was awful last night. Clueless, a team with no shape,idea, no organisation at all and the best 3 players on the park were subbed. Madness. Since November fans have been desperate to see a change in the way our defence is organised. No player has a clue what's happening, nobody is marshalling the defence and goals a plenty are conceded - not good goals, crap goals. Tactical remedy? No change. The transfer window was a good time to put this right. No change. Last night saw this disarray spread throughout the side. It was painful to watch. No Allen, no Camps. Hooper is where ?? So much for our brave new world of Dale developed players who are the future of the club. But McNulty and Lancashire? They get a game when they aren't fit to lace the boots of Callum and Jamie. Favourites or what ? We saw a glimpse of what Alessandra could do on Saturday. Impressive. He never entered the field of play last night when we needed that spark of life. Why ?
Sat with loyal season ticket holders after the game. We were bemused that the same turgid no change performances are at Spotland week after week. I looked at my season ticket - 8 games left. It feels like a punishment having to watch what was a good Dale side play those games. It is not enjoyable turning up at Spotland any more. So why renew in May if RAFC seems to be content with lacklustre? I can find plenty of other things to do than watch a Dale that doesn't make the effort. Hill has had chances to sort it out. He hasn't when we know he is capable of doing so. Why ?
Can't see Hilly ever getting the bedsheet treatment, but less than 1700 next Tuesday will speak volumes.....
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 03:01 - Feb 17 with 2963 viewspioneer

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 23:02 - Feb 16 by Swissdale

Hilly has mentioned about the lack of confidence in the team, and my God did it show tonight. Our style of football is being affected, and it's frankly boring to watch. So many times we work the ball backwards, for a centre half to whack it upfield and lose possession.

Negativity also lies at the feet of the manager when it comes to team selection. We started a home game against third bottom of the league with SIX defenders, including FOUR centre halfs, not good enough.

Tonight is the first time I've started to feel genuinely worried about our prospects this season. The team has been chopped and changed dramatically over the past few weeks, but the end results are very similar.

how can a team tha beat top of the league twice in three weeks be lacking confidence. They should be full of it with those results but something is going on that lies behind these dreadful results.
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 07:41 - Feb 17 with 2839 viewsTalkingSutty

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 00:34 - Feb 17 by Sandyman

Apart from the initial goal burst, that was awful last night. Clueless, a team with no shape,idea, no organisation at all and the best 3 players on the park were subbed. Madness. Since November fans have been desperate to see a change in the way our defence is organised. No player has a clue what's happening, nobody is marshalling the defence and goals a plenty are conceded - not good goals, crap goals. Tactical remedy? No change. The transfer window was a good time to put this right. No change. Last night saw this disarray spread throughout the side. It was painful to watch. No Allen, no Camps. Hooper is where ?? So much for our brave new world of Dale developed players who are the future of the club. But McNulty and Lancashire? They get a game when they aren't fit to lace the boots of Callum and Jamie. Favourites or what ? We saw a glimpse of what Alessandra could do on Saturday. Impressive. He never entered the field of play last night when we needed that spark of life. Why ?
Sat with loyal season ticket holders after the game. We were bemused that the same turgid no change performances are at Spotland week after week. I looked at my season ticket - 8 games left. It feels like a punishment having to watch what was a good Dale side play those games. It is not enjoyable turning up at Spotland any more. So why renew in May if RAFC seems to be content with lacklustre? I can find plenty of other things to do than watch a Dale that doesn't make the effort. Hill has had chances to sort it out. He hasn't when we know he is capable of doing so. Why ?
Can't see Hilly ever getting the bedsheet treatment, but less than 1700 next Tuesday will speak volumes.....

I don't think entertaining the paying public is something that even enters Hillys thinking, let's face it football is all about entertainment or it should be but the stuff served up in a lot of games at Spotland this season makes attending games an endurance. Last nights line up was designed for a backs to the wall away performance. Two early attacks and two goals then shut up shop, except we aren't capable of shutting up shop.

During the second half Millwalls goalkeeper didn't have a single shot to save. I could be wrong but didn't the same thing happen again last night? Both home games when we should be throwing the kitchen sink at our opponents. Maybe those in the Sandy Lane could answer that, i don't remember him having anything to do.

A very good opening half hour from Mendez Laing and then he was blowing out of his backside, if he can't get himself fit ( which he obviously can't) he needs to be shown the door. RNL,another who can't complete a game appears from nowhere during the second half and makes little impression. Vincenti continues with his long run of poor form, what's happened there? In the meantime Alessandra continues to be snubbed and keeps the bench warm, it's a season of public humiliation for the lad and again reflects badly on Hills man management.

If this is a squad United and pulling together then I'll eat my hat. As an outsider looking in it seems the younger players in the squad are treated differently to the Senior members. Hill seems ruthless with the Cannons, Camps, Hooper, Allens and Tansers and on the flip side shows blind loyalty to Senior players who fail to perform or shouldn't even be at the Club because they aren't capable of getting fit for selection. It's like jobs for the boys.
Login to get fewer ads

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 08:24 - Feb 17 with 2762 viewsD_Alien

Worrying times. Sandyman you always come across as committed a Daley as they come, and for you to be putting a long post together at half past midnight reflects the disquiet that many of us are feeling. Not being there last night felt like a blessing even though I couldn't make it anyway, so I'm not sure where that leaves me.

I don't think much has changed all season. We had a similar game against Shrewsbury, going 3-0 up early doors before sitting back and it was 3-2 at half time, backs to the wall in the second half. Someone posted about our team selection being to counter their "tall players" Excuse me? Even if that were partly true (and it seemed to be against Millwall) wtf are we doing setting ourselves up like that at home? It's almost guaranteed to result in a drab encounter.

As Dalenumber2 posted, what's going to get the fans into the ground next Tuesday on a cold night against another bottom four team after a day at work? Hill isn't being paid to experiment with players careers by playing them out of position and pissing them off because of some imagined sleight - and that goes for the fans too.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 08:41 - Feb 17 with 2709 viewsdingdangblue

Best 3 players? Apart from his goal Bennett was anonymous - did he even touch the ball for the rest of the half? He was playing well in the roll of deep midfielder at the end of last season but I'm afraid he looked lost last night - and its not the 1st time this season. Did Hill say anything about the omission's of Camps/Allen/Cannon?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 08:42 - Feb 17 with 2709 viewsTalkingSutty

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 08:24 - Feb 17 by D_Alien

Worrying times. Sandyman you always come across as committed a Daley as they come, and for you to be putting a long post together at half past midnight reflects the disquiet that many of us are feeling. Not being there last night felt like a blessing even though I couldn't make it anyway, so I'm not sure where that leaves me.

I don't think much has changed all season. We had a similar game against Shrewsbury, going 3-0 up early doors before sitting back and it was 3-2 at half time, backs to the wall in the second half. Someone posted about our team selection being to counter their "tall players" Excuse me? Even if that were partly true (and it seemed to be against Millwall) wtf are we doing setting ourselves up like that at home? It's almost guaranteed to result in a drab encounter.

As Dalenumber2 posted, what's going to get the fans into the ground next Tuesday on a cold night against another bottom four team after a day at work? Hill isn't being paid to experiment with players careers by playing them out of position and pissing them off because of some imagined sleight - and that goes for the fans too.

In Hills defence i am wondering if he is actually bored with the season himself. He probably feels that avoiding relegation shouldn't be a difficult task when you look at the gap between us and the bottom four. He knows the Club have no appetite or financial clout for a promotion push so what exactly is there to motivate him?

It's ok talking about stabilising the Club in League One but footballs about winning and aiming for the stars. Are the players and manager really happy with just staying in League One and not aiming higher, I don't think so.

It's like he's bored and experimenting with the squad. If that's the case then come the end of the season he needs to evaluate his future and decide what he wants. It's nobody's fault, the Stadium issue has become an albatross around the Clubs neck,hampering the manager in the process. His cherished playing surface is knackered,that would have killed him and is probably responsible for his weird team selections and to top it all off the Rochdale Public have no appetite for the Football Club.

Hillys ruthlessness and drive to push the Club forward seems to have diminished, he's probably weary of swimming against the tide and you can't blame him. Maybe the Chairman and directors need to be questioned as to why the Stadium issue can't be resolved and are they really pulling out all the stops to make it happen? I think it's a fair question to ask when you look at how long it's dragged on.

The Stadium issue could ultimately be responsible for us losing the best manager we have ever had, it needs sorting out quickly one way or the other because it dragging the Club down.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2016 9:16]
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 08:44 - Feb 17 with 2704 viewsBartRowou

It's gone unmentioned thus far, but how does Rose warrant a place in midfield? Is he better than Allen, Camps, Syers and others like Henderson who could be moved from other parts of the pitch to accommodate the likes of Alessandra?

Or does he get in the team beacuse he's really, really tall?

I fear that we will capitulate on Saturday, again, and that Jim Henson and co will make our defence look like muppets.

[Post edited 17 Feb 2016 8:45]

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 08:50 - Feb 17 with 2673 viewsNafelad

Anyone know why the Stadium Issue is stagnating? Who's waiting for what to happen?

Topcat

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 08:52 - Feb 17 with 2664 viewsDale23years

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 08:50 - Feb 17 by Nafelad

Anyone know why the Stadium Issue is stagnating? Who's waiting for what to happen?

Said in August that our board are talking shit about the stadium

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 09:01 - Feb 17 with 2626 viewsNafelad

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 08:52 - Feb 17 by Dale23years

Said in August that our board are talking shit about the stadium

It just seems to be a case of no ambition, on or off the field. I've supported Dale for just over 50 years , and I can remember enjoying seasons when our ambition was to avoid relegation, but I'm not sure I want to carry on watching matches this seaon, if the performances are going to be like many of the recent ones. Having a season ticket is all that's keeping me from not going these days.

Topcat

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 09:05 - Feb 17 with 2468 viewsSandyman

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 08:50 - Feb 17 by Nafelad

Shareholders were told on 16.12.2014, "that the EGM formally fixed for the 18th December 2014 at 7.00 pm is hereby adjourned. A Notice setting out the date and time of the adjourned date will be given in the early New Year. " The EGM was "To inform Shareholders as to the up to date position with regard to matters concerning Denehurst Park (Rochdale) Limited {the Stadium Company} and to canvass their views in conjunction with the Board of Directors as to the way forward."

Still waiting for the EGM 14 months later...
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 09:09 - Feb 17 with 2450 viewsNafelad

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 09:05 - Feb 17 by Sandyman

Shareholders were told on 16.12.2014, "that the EGM formally fixed for the 18th December 2014 at 7.00 pm is hereby adjourned. A Notice setting out the date and time of the adjourned date will be given in the early New Year. " The EGM was "To inform Shareholders as to the up to date position with regard to matters concerning Denehurst Park (Rochdale) Limited {the Stadium Company} and to canvass their views in conjunction with the Board of Directors as to the way forward."

Still waiting for the EGM 14 months later...

Thanks for that, Sandyman. So it sounds like no-one knows who's waiting for what to happen.

Topcat

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 09:34 - Feb 17 with 2396 views442Dale

From the start of December:
http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2015/12/3402/

"What is the current state of play with regards to the Stadium Company?
Reply :
The outline agreement advised at the AGM remains in place, but the final detail has yet to be negotiated. To issue any additional information regarding these negotiations would prove detrimental to achieving a positive conclusion. "

----
When is the next meeting of the Trust board? It was agreed at the Trust AGM that there would be notification of these so queries can be sent, and it also gives members/fans a chance to add items to the agenda.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 09:38 - Feb 17 with 2378 viewsParkinsGimp

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 23:19 - Feb 16 by WhiteyBFC

McNulty played his best football for us at LB.

RNL had shoulder surgery recently did he not? Was tonight his first appearance back?

Crewe aren't the mugs people expect. A point's a point.

(some) Rochdale and Bury fans need to take stock and realise that mid table in L1 isn't as bad as they make it sound. I'm a Barnsley supporter, sat in mid table during one of the worst seasons in living memory. In L1. I accept it. It's where we are. It's where we deserve to be. It is what it is.
For Dale not to be bottom four is something in itself. I honestly think Keith's over-achievements previously give folk a false perspective.

You're not as bad as a lot of you keep insisting you are.

Both McNulty and RNL are absolute W!!K , They are appauling players, I dont give a flying feck what they did at your club eons ago, we can see they are hopeless and to shell out long term contracts to both these tools is laughable. Our scouting system is a joke, we only go for players from baaarnsley ( at least 3-4 years ago) , it used to be Stockport, or bury . Now it seems he wants sCUNThorpe rejects... Farcial.
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 09:44 - Feb 17 with 2351 views442Dale

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 09:38 - Feb 17 by ParkinsGimp

Both McNulty and RNL are absolute W!!K , They are appauling players, I dont give a flying feck what they did at your club eons ago, we can see they are hopeless and to shell out long term contracts to both these tools is laughable. Our scouting system is a joke, we only go for players from baaarnsley ( at least 3-4 years ago) , it used to be Stockport, or bury . Now it seems he wants sCUNThorpe rejects... Farcial.

Which were the five defenders you'd have gone for ahead of Canavan?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 10:10 - Feb 17 with 2286 viewsMoonyDale

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 08:24 - Feb 17 by D_Alien

Last night was only my 7th game this season and it will be my last. Absolutely sick of witnessing such disjointed lacklustre performances.

The lack of appearances by Alessandra when we are screaming out for a striker is baffling, Jesus Christ even Georgie had a run in the team when he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. This smacks of Hill cutting his nose off to spite the fans.

I for one refuse to pay £20 to be bored rigid over and over again, and it seems I am not on my own.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 10:16 - Feb 17 with 2249 viewssomething_dale

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 08:44 - Feb 17 by BartRowou

It's gone unmentioned thus far, but how does Rose warrant a place in midfield? Is he better than Allen, Camps, Syers and others like Henderson who could be moved from other parts of the pitch to accommodate the likes of Alessandra?

Or does he get in the team beacuse he's really, really tall?

I fear that we will capitulate on Saturday, again, and that Jim Henson and co will make our defence look like muppets.

[Post edited 17 Feb 2016 8:45]

Ah the usual Rose criticism. Easily the better of the 3 midfielders last night, the only one who looked to get on the ball and make things happen through purposeful passes or driving forward. A few misplaced passes during a spell in the first half but otherwise a committed performance.

Can't say the same for the other two. Some good tackles from Lund but ultimately his game on the ball has descended into one-touch nothing balls down the line for henderson to chase. The less said about Rhys 'cultured' Bennett the better, clumsy at best at right back nevermind attacking mid, anonymous.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2016 11:04]
No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 10:26 - Feb 17 with 2222 viewsNafelad

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 09:34 - Feb 17 by 442Dale

From the start of December:
http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2015/12/3402/

"What is the current state of play with regards to the Stadium Company?
Reply :
The outline agreement advised at the AGM remains in place, but the final detail has yet to be negotiated. To issue any additional information regarding these negotiations would prove detrimental to achieving a positive conclusion. "

----
When is the next meeting of the Trust board? It was agreed at the Trust AGM that there would be notification of these so queries can be sent, and it also gives members/fans a chance to add items to the agenda.

So 'negotiations' are ongoing - I wonder if that's every day, every week, every month, when there's an 'r' in the month??

Topcat

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 10:34 - Feb 17 with 2211 viewsChaffRAFC

As everyone seems to have said, last night was really very poor after we went 2-0 up. I've been a fan of Michael Rose but he was awful last night. Every time he got the ball he tried a Beckham like pass which failed pretty much every single time. He also got booked for a really stupid challenge. All of our midfield was poor last night. Lund probably the least poor of the three.

The left back position is a strange one. McNulty has been an absolute disaster there so why put him there. Seems like he wants to play all three because God forbid he drop Lancashire who was poor again. Eastham easily the best defender in a blue shirt last night so stop pissing about and drop Lancashire and get Kennedy back at left back. At least his distribution is good. McNulty's is awful. Hill's refusal to drop Lancashire makes me think he will get a new deal which is a frightening thought.

We lacked creativity so much last night, especially second half. Bunney did his usual trick of starting off well and fading and NML was blowing out of his arse. Rose was giving the ball away every time he got it and we desperately missed Camps and Allen, players who can create chances. Absolutely baffling team selection.

Last night for me was a must win game. We now find ourselves on a really poor run going into a tricky period. The Bradford game becomes much more important as we aim to avoid relegation which is the best we can now hope for.

Roll on summer when we can clear a lot of this garbage out of our squad.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 10:41 - Feb 17 with 2188 viewsTalkingSutty

No shape, no system, no midfield, no idea. on 10:34 - Feb 17 by ChaffRAFC

As everyone seems to have said, last night was really very poor after we went 2-0 up. I've been a fan of Michael Rose but he was awful last night. Every time he got the ball he tried a Beckham like pass which failed pretty much every single time. He also got booked for a really stupid challenge. All of our midfield was poor last night. Lund probably the least poor of the three.

The left back position is a strange one. McNulty has been an absolute disaster there so why put him there. Seems like he wants to play all three because God forbid he drop Lancashire who was poor again. Eastham easily the best defender in a blue shirt last night so stop pissing about and drop Lancashire and get Kennedy back at left back. At least his distribution is good. McNulty's is awful. Hill's refusal to drop Lancashire makes me think he will get a new deal which is a frightening thought.

We lacked creativity so much last night, especially second half. Bunney did his usual trick of starting off well and fading and NML was blowing out of his arse. Rose was giving the ball away every time he got it and we desperately missed Camps and Allen, players who can create chances. Absolutely baffling team selection.

Last night for me was a must win game. We now find ourselves on a really poor run going into a tricky period. The Bradford game becomes much more important as we aim to avoid relegation which is the best we can now hope for.

Roll on summer when we can clear a lot of this garbage out of our squad.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I don't think we will be dragged into the relegation places because the team is capable of coming up with the unexpected result. Another three or four wins and a few draws should see us safe. Roll on summer like you said.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024