Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season tickets 09:10 - Apr 18 with 50958 viewsKenBoon

Crowd goes mild...
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-afc-2016-17-season-ticket-ann
Season tickets on 16:40 - Apr 18 with 3026 viewsDaleiLama

Season tickets on 16:30 - Apr 18 by isitme

As expected many people were building their hopes up about something that was never going to happen, that's not to say it shouldn't have happened.

If you look at the letter on the official website that accompanies the season ticket form there are actually some decent offers for seats in a box with some added extras. One package includes all league cup, jpt and friendly games. It was quite a decent offer, apart from the fact I would have to sit in the main stand. I wonder if there is a greater focus on the more corporate side or the well off main standers (like Roccy)?

I do not see where the added value is in the vouchers? A day pass for a gym I am already a member of and some cheap tickets to give to other people. The only ones that I will use are the season ticket renewal and the money off a new shirt.

As others have said there is not much there to appeal to a new season ticket holder.

Saying all that I will still renew. I have nothing better to do!
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 16:30]

I think a lot of people were hoping for a leap forward, even on a one-off basis, as an attempt to grow as a club based on a strong balance sheet, squad and manager in place. This feels like at the very least a stumble backwards and maybe even a fall. We missed the ladder and hit the snake.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season tickets on 16:41 - Apr 18 with 3018 viewsCockneyDale

I'm sure the Trust board members are formulating their own opinions too. I am also sure that it is more powerful to present arguments from named fans and Trust members than it is from anonymous message board users (who theoretically could all be the same person).
Season tickets on 16:43 - Apr 18 with 2998 viewsTalkingSutty

Season tickets on 16:30 - Apr 18 by isitme

As expected many people were building their hopes up about something that was never going to happen, that's not to say it shouldn't have happened.

If you look at the letter on the official website that accompanies the season ticket form there are actually some decent offers for seats in a box with some added extras. One package includes all league cup, jpt and friendly games. It was quite a decent offer, apart from the fact I would have to sit in the main stand. I wonder if there is a greater focus on the more corporate side or the well off main standers (like Roccy)?

I do not see where the added value is in the vouchers? A day pass for a gym I am already a member of and some cheap tickets to give to other people. The only ones that I will use are the season ticket renewal and the money off a new shirt.

As others have said there is not much there to appeal to a new season ticket holder.

Saying all that I will still renew. I have nothing better to do!
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 16:30]

I often wonder how the manager and the players feel about performing in front of our paltry support. Would anybody blame them if they upped sticks if a bigger Club came knocking (Bolton)?

Are the powers that be at the Club exploring every avenue available to bring in more spectators and improve the atmosphere, don't the manager and players deserve that effort and support?
Season tickets on 16:43 - Apr 18 with 2996 viewshappyevaafter

As there has been no increase in prices I'll just write out a cheque based on what I paid last year for Pearl Street. £308 according to the cheque stub. I wonder if it will get cashed?

I thought we had turned a corner given the fraught relationship between the club and its fans after a shaky last couple of months ... #teamrochdale and all that. It just appears that it's the same old same old with a drip drip effect that's become annoying:
Directors having a go at Exiles for supposedly defacing a tactics board.
The manager having a go at fans for having a moan.
Out of date cans of Red Stripe being sold to punters in the Ratcliffe.
No smoking at half time when every other FL1 club allows it.
Searches outside the ground.
All ticket games being anything but and no offer to reimburse admin fees that weren't required.
Games called off because frost covers weren't put down.
'Special' vouchers that require a tortuous process to be followed if they are to be used.
Matchday dining that is obviously done to a budget.
Ticket prices 'frozen' when they clearly aren't.

It smacks of sharp practice (you should have read the small print) and is similar to the never ending DFS 'sale'.
I wouldn't be surprised if folk voted with their wallet and started to pick and choose matches. I love watching Dale home and away but it feels like right now I'm being mugged off.
Season tickets on 16:46 - Apr 18 with 2951 viewsTalkingSutty

Season tickets on 16:43 - Apr 18 by happyevaafter

As there has been no increase in prices I'll just write out a cheque based on what I paid last year for Pearl Street. £308 according to the cheque stub. I wonder if it will get cashed?

I thought we had turned a corner given the fraught relationship between the club and its fans after a shaky last couple of months ... #teamrochdale and all that. It just appears that it's the same old same old with a drip drip effect that's become annoying:
Directors having a go at Exiles for supposedly defacing a tactics board.
The manager having a go at fans for having a moan.
Out of date cans of Red Stripe being sold to punters in the Ratcliffe.
No smoking at half time when every other FL1 club allows it.
Searches outside the ground.
All ticket games being anything but and no offer to reimburse admin fees that weren't required.
Games called off because frost covers weren't put down.
'Special' vouchers that require a tortuous process to be followed if they are to be used.
Matchday dining that is obviously done to a budget.
Ticket prices 'frozen' when they clearly aren't.

It smacks of sharp practice (you should have read the small print) and is similar to the never ending DFS 'sale'.
I wouldn't be surprised if folk voted with their wallet and started to pick and choose matches. I love watching Dale home and away but it feels like right now I'm being mugged off.

Top post.
Season tickets on 16:52 - Apr 18 with 2891 viewsTVOS1907

Season tickets on 16:41 - Apr 18 by CockneyDale

I'm sure the Trust board members are formulating their own opinions too. I am also sure that it is more powerful to present arguments from named fans and Trust members than it is from anonymous message board users (who theoretically could all be the same person).

Everyone on here is apparently 442Dale.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season tickets on 16:56 - Apr 18 with 2841 viewsaleanddale

Season tickets on 15:59 - Apr 18 by lurker

Disagree completely about the kids initiative being a good one.

I have personally told others about my kids' free season tickets and the look on their face shows they are impressed. Can't wait to tell them how I got them renewed with a £10 admin fee each this year!

The admin fee is a joke! Other clubs are letting kids in for free either on the day or with truly free season tickets. How much would it cost the club to waive the £10 admin fee and keep some good will for goodness sake? Take a look around you at half time at the next home game - it would be recouped in one or two games with the extra hot dog sales alone!

On paper and using a calculator you can make a case for this whole thing being not as bad as at first look. However, put your calculator down and, if you factor in the bad blood from some crafty wording and some extra stealth costs and then take a look around at what other clubs are offering, it is an incredibly bad offering IMHO

The biggest PLUS though is that the age bracket has increased 4 years from 7 to 11.

If I had 2 eight year olds I would be delighted I could take them for the next 3 seasons at £0.44 pence per game each.

Less than £0.90p to take both on a match day until they are 11.

I am equally disappointed as the whole tease of an announcement to this is hugely disappointing. I agree on most of the thread and the club have messed up IMHO but the kids deal is a good one especially now they have upped the age to include all Primary school children.
Season tickets on 16:56 - Apr 18 with 2849 views442Dale

Season tickets on 16:52 - Apr 18 by TVOS1907

Everyone on here is apparently 442Dale.

Yeah, well whoever thinks that probably thought our purple away kit was a perfectly acceptable alternative to blue.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Season tickets on 16:57 - Apr 18 with 2831 viewsbatfink

Could one of the more eloquent here write a general email we could all send to Frances?
Season tickets on 17:02 - Apr 18 with 2772 viewsTalkingSutty

Season tickets on 16:57 - Apr 18 by batfink

Could one of the more eloquent here write a general email we could all send to Frances?

I understand your sentiment but I don't think for one minute Frances would have had much say on the Season Ticket prices, i don't buy into that idea. It seems unfair she should be the one getting the flak. Colin Garlicks the head man so I would imagine he would be a better person to contact.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 17:03]
Season tickets on 17:03 - Apr 18 with 2771 viewsDaleiLama

Season tickets on 16:57 - Apr 18 by batfink

I know fans are passionate by the very nature of being a fan. But should the fans really keep offering suggestions when they are rarely acted upon and rarely consulted before decisions which affect them? It feels iniquitous to me.

In most cases, you get out of any relationship what you put into it. If it's all one way, well, we all know how that usually ends! You reap what you sew.

Season tickets on 17:04 - Apr 18 with 2742 viewsTalkingSutty

Season tickets on 17:03 - Apr 18 by DaleiLama

I know fans are passionate by the very nature of being a fan. But should the fans really keep offering suggestions when they are rarely acted upon and rarely consulted before decisions which affect them? It feels iniquitous to me.

In most cases, you get out of any relationship what you put into it. If it's all one way, well, we all know how that usually ends! You reap what you sew.

Peggy Sew?
Season tickets on 17:05 - Apr 18 with 2719 viewsDaleiLama

Season tickets on 17:04 - Apr 18 by TalkingSutty

Peggy Sew?

Don't start getting smart Buddy!

Season tickets on 17:06 - Apr 18 with 2697 viewsRosun

Season tickets on 17:03 - Apr 18 by DaleiLama

So DL which one are ya?
The sponge or the stone?
Season tickets on 17:10 - Apr 18 with 2661 viewsNR_Dale

Thank you very much for your email.

I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment with the Season Ticket Announcement.

There is good news in that all primary school aged children within Rochdale Borough (and we believe there to be 37,000 of them!) are eligible to apply for a free season ticket. This will help grow a future fan base and make match days more affordable and attractive to families, coupled with the family events we have been running. Unfortunatley there is a cost to producing a season ticket book and administration

The cost of the season tickets have actually remained the same as last year, as last year prices went up by £2 per game across all stands BUT if you purchased your season ticket during the Special Promotion Period, not only would you get you £25 voucher discounted if you had one, we would also hold the previous seasons, season ticket price. In effect this meant last year that you had the benefit of the price increase being held back during the Special Promotion Period and you had your £25 discount voucher. This year you have just got your £25 discount voucher. The Prices are the same it’s just the extra discount last year that is the difference.

In effect we have had just one price increase in 7 seasons and that was last year.

I hope that explains the difference.

The board of directors make the decision on pricing strategies, but I have copied my response in to our Chief Executive so he can report this back to the Board.

Please be assured that your support is extremely important to the Club.

If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
Frances
Season tickets on 17:14 - Apr 18 with 2628 viewsDaleiLama

Season tickets on 17:06 - Apr 18 by Rosun

So DL which one are ya?
The sponge or the stone?

Be both!

(But a sponge for the next hour - time to go and make some tea)
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 17:15]

Season tickets on 17:17 - Apr 18 with 2597 viewsColDale

Season tickets on 16:15 - Apr 18 by Newbury_Dale

Why does the Trust need emails ? Cant the Trust board members decide for themselves that this is very poor PR from the club, and very disappointing for loyal "Team Rochdale" fans ?

With increased "solidarity" payments from the Premier League, and our propensity to sell any player of cash value at the earliest opportnity, maybe the club arent that bothered about maximising revenue from season tickets anymore ? You'd certainly think that with these pricing decisions.

We need emails because we represent our members, and as such we would like to support any views we may or may not have with the views of our members.

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2016/04/season-tickets-opinion-needed/
Season tickets on 17:22 - Apr 18 with 2569 viewsjudd

Season tickets on 17:10 - Apr 18 by NR_Dale

There is good news in that all primary school aged children within Rochdale Borough (and we believe there to be 37,000 of them!) are eligible to apply for a free season ticket. This will help grow a future fan base and make match days more affordable and attractive to families, coupled with the family events we have been running. Unfortunatley there is a cost to producing a season ticket book and administration

The cost of the season tickets have actually remained the same as last year, as last year prices went up by £2 per game across all stands BUT if you purchased your season ticket during the Special Promotion Period, not only would you get you £25 voucher discounted if you had one, we would also hold the previous seasons, season ticket price. In effect this meant last year that you had the benefit of the price increase being held back during the Special Promotion Period and you had your £25 discount voucher. This year you have just got your £25 discount voucher. The Prices are the same it’s just the extra discount last year that is the difference.

In effect we have had just one price increase in 7 seasons and that was last year.

The board of directors make the decision on pricing strategies, but I have copied my response in to our Chief Executive so he can report this back to the Board.

Kind regards,
Frances

So are the club going to issue a season ticket to an unaccompanied primary school pupil?

Doubt it. I expect the club expects at least one parent/carer to buy a season ticket in order to accompany their child to the games.

Why, then , the need for the admin charge?

£10 for a season ticket is great value, but labelling it an admin charge really fookin grates.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Season tickets on 17:26 - Apr 18 with 2534 viewsscooby

Ignoring box prices (£9,600 or £14,600 if you want the meal included for up to 12 people) the executive box and seats is not too bad a deal - assuming you want the prawn butty treatment!

With this in mind, i suspect Frances has had most of her input in to this element, and therefore has done well.

I wont be renewing either, i miss night matches on most occasions for many reasons, this lack of promotion / price "freeze" see's me not making a saving. Does anyone really care for the vouchers we get? i used a total of 0 this season.
Season tickets on 17:36 - Apr 18 with 2478 viewsfermin

Season tickets on 11:56 - Apr 18 by KenBoon

From the Dale Trust Meeting with the Board.

Q: After the announcement of £30 away tickets in the Premier League has the Football League or the Club started to look at how this effects the competitiveness of ticket prices and are we likely to see any changes?
A: There will be a significant change in the approach by the club that will be announced as part of the season ticket / pricing plan for next season. This announcement will take place on Monday 18th
http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2016/03/meeting-with-the-board-march-2016/

The significant change is...?

How many clubs locally have more expensive season tickets than us? I'm not counting the Sandy because it's a terrace and most clubs don't have them, so our cheapest adult seated is £370.

Don't Manc City have £299 season tickets?
Buckets are less that ours. Wigan's too. I'm sure Bolton's will be. Oldham? Burnley? FC United? Blackburn Rovers? Accrington? Huddersfield? All probably cheaper than our cheapest seating ticket. There's probably only Manc United who are more expensive.

Diluted.

I think it is this answer to the Trust that sparked off most of the speculation on here. In the absence of this and the heavily spinned (but technically true) statement about no price increases I would have been disappointed but not entirely surprised. I would like the Trust to ask the Board what the significant change in approach was as, like Ken Boon, I cannot see it.
Season tickets on 17:36 - Apr 18 with 2477 viewspioneer

Season tickets on 17:10 - Apr 18 by NR_Dale

Kind regards,
Frances

That is all gobbledigook

What was the regular price on a season ticket in each part of the ground last year (fook all the barriers to jump and hoops to go through to get a discount) and what is it this year?

We know you have increased kiddies ticket by 10 quid (or infinite %) - we would like to do the same calculation for other members of the human race who might be thinking of purchasing a ST.
Season tickets on 17:40 - Apr 18 with 2463 viewsTVOS1907

Season tickets on 17:36 - Apr 18 by fermin

I think it is this answer to the Trust that sparked off most of the speculation on here. In the absence of this and the heavily spinned (but technically true) statement about no price increases I would have been disappointed but not entirely surprised. I would like the Trust to ask the Board what the significant change in approach was as, like Ken Boon, I cannot see it.

Here's something that might affect you, fermin, given your travelling arrangements.

If we somehow make and win the play-offs (very unlikely, I know), there are a damned sight more midweek games in the Championship as they never play on international weekends!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season tickets on 18:01 - Apr 18 with 2377 viewsPorlicks

The club show that they're better at business than fans.

I don't want to say I told you so, but....

Can we have another thread about free season tickets and 2 pound 50 entry around the ground?

Who are YOU with?

Season tickets on 18:02 - Apr 18 with 2375 views442Dale

When looking at today's announcement we have to look back to last month and the club's responses to supporters' questions. Here are some of those replies (as some have touched upon earlier):

---
"There will be a significant change in the approach by the club that will be announced as part of the season ticket / pricing plan for next season. This announcement will take place on Monday 18th"

Significant change in approach? Well as those supporters who take advantage of the early bird offer every single year know, this means an increase on what they paid last season.
 How can any individual fan in this category read "There will be no price increase for Season Tickets next season" and see that to be so?
What is the "significant change in approach"?

---
" Q.What is the process around deciding on season ticket/matchday prices and what supporter input has been taken into account? 
A. The club take feedback on this all year round, including feedback from the Trust at meetings such as this. That feedback, coupled with market forces play a part in the decision making process."

So if they do take on board feedback there are further questions:
1) what part did the Trust play in the decision making process?
2) if they take feedback from supporters, were they really oblivious to the reaction their decisions would lead to? If so, you have to question are they listening to the feedback they take "all year round".

---

I think what is difficult is trying to work out the thought process behind these decisions. To which the following questions must now be asked, and answered by the club:

1) Why has the 'early bird' option for current season ticket holders been withdrawn which means they will NOT be paying the same as they did last season?

2.1) why has the club decided to dilute the excellent idea to offer free season tickets to under 11s by adding an admin charge?
2.2)  If there is such a charge, why isn't it applied to all season ticket holders and why wasn't it applied to the free children's tickets last season?

3) with supporters already commenting that they are now reconsidering their decision to renew or actively coming out and stating they won't, will the club revisit the pricing of season tickets?

4) It is mentioned within the article on the club website that only 12% of  season ticket holders are aged between 25-40. In order for the club to have the sustainable future and grow attendances they mention, could they explain what part of the current pricing structure will encourage fans in this age group to buy season tickets? Especially when you consider many of those will be expected to pay more than they are now.

5) We are all fully aware of previous price freezes over the years. This should not be used as an explanation for the current pricing strategy, especially when the option is there to reduce prices to actually increase the amount of season ticket holders. With this in mind, there's one final question: how many season ticket holders is it the club's target to have? (please provide figures for each age band as specified by the club)
Under 11s, under 16s, under 21s, senior citizens, adults.

And a question for the Trust: please state what part did the Trust play in the decisions around season ticket prices and will they be asking for this role to be increased in the future in the light of today's events?

---

A final thought: it's easy to be disappointed by your football club. We know things will happen on and off the pitch that we won't like and we think could be done better; we retain that hope that lessons will be learnt so that we all benefit in the future. That said, I'm not sure I've ever known a time when supporters have felt as disconnected (that ok to use?) with their club over a specific subject like we have seen today. It should be incredibly concerning for all involved down at Spotland. Get it wrong now, and I don't think we'll ever forget this situation. However, there's still a massive opportunity to get it right. Something we all want.

Season tickets on 18:03 - Apr 18 with 2371 views442Dale

Season tickets on 18:01 - Apr 18 by Porlicks

The club show that they're better at business than fans.

I don't want to say I told you so, but....

Can we have another thread about free season tickets and 2 pound 50 entry around the ground?

Better?

Explain. With figures.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024