Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season tickets 09:10 - Apr 18 with 50955 viewsKenBoon

Crowd goes mild...
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-afc-2016-17-season-ticket-ann
Season tickets on 14:10 - Apr 18 with 3421 viewspioneer

Just noticed the free kids tickets (yes those that cost a tenner) are only for kids who live in the Rochdale borough. Talk about limited horizons!

And of course the credit card era has yet to make it to spotland.

It takes a real effort to support this club - I wonder if Mr Dunphy makes things so difficult for his company's customers.
Season tickets on 14:11 - Apr 18 with 3409 viewsDaleiLama

Season tickets on 11:49 - Apr 18 by DaleFan7

People moan and say it's not right and the club should do this and that. Then say 'but I'm renewing anyway'. The only way the club will ever listen is if people didn't renew. Renewing anyway says to the club oh it's fine carry on as you are.

Based on the poll update, only 4 out of 31 will renew and spend as before the announcement (not statistically significant I concede). If the club doesn't listen to that deafening loss of revenue, it begs the question "does it deserve a fanbase?"

I think I read here that there were ~1300 season tickets sold in 2015. Of those, only a projected 157 fall into the renew and spend category. 197 will renew but spend less. So about 350 season ticket holders next year with more than half cutting their expenditure. A whopping 946 will just pick and choose games and some more of those will inevitably drift away, as has already happened, as they get out of the habit. Even if the numbers are 50% out it's still shocking.

Better get some more "For Sale" signs printed for the next team photo.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 14:21]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season tickets on 14:16 - Apr 18 with 3371 viewsDale23years

Season tickets on 14:11 - Apr 18 by DaleiLama

Based on the poll update, only 4 out of 31 will renew and spend as before the announcement (not statistically significant I concede). If the club doesn't listen to that deafening loss of revenue, it begs the question "does it deserve a fanbase?"

I think I read here that there were ~1300 season tickets sold in 2015. Of those, only a projected 157 fall into the renew and spend category. 197 will renew but spend less. So about 350 season ticket holders next year with more than half cutting their expenditure. A whopping 946 will just pick and choose games and some more of those will inevitably drift away, as has already happened, as they get out of the habit. Even if the numbers are 50% out it's still shocking.

Better get some more "For Sale" signs printed for the next team photo.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 14:21]

Think best bet I reckon is E-mail frances frances@rochdaleafc.co.uk
Tell her we not renewing out season tickets it's a joke this club at times

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Season tickets on 14:17 - Apr 18 with 3357 viewsdingdangblue

Season tickets on 13:19 - Apr 18 by batfink

I have last season's price list on my phone and it actually states all prices at early bird price, no mention of a discount.

They definitely went up in price after the Early Bird date finished.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season tickets on 14:19 - Apr 18 with 3331 viewsaleanddale

Season tickets on 14:16 - Apr 18 by Dale23years

Think best bet I reckon is E-mail frances frances@rochdaleafc.co.uk
Tell her we not renewing out season tickets it's a joke this club at times

Would work if we got commitment to e mail en masse.
Season tickets on 14:34 - Apr 18 with 3271 viewsDale23years

Season tickets on 14:19 - Apr 18 by aleanddale

Would work if we got commitment to e mail en masse.

I Emailed her and got a reply bk in an hour.

So if people did that who are not renewing season tickets she and the board would surly have to sit up and take notice

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Season tickets on 14:36 - Apr 18 with 3260 views100notout

Season tickets on 14:34 - Apr 18 by Dale23years

I Emailed her and got a reply bk in an hour.

So if people did that who are not renewing season tickets she and the board would surly have to sit up and take notice

Out of interest D23Y what did you / she say?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Season tickets on 15:02 - Apr 18 with 3129 viewsChaffRAFC

Season tickets on 14:10 - Apr 18 by pioneer

Just noticed the free kids tickets (yes those that cost a tenner) are only for kids who live in the Rochdale borough. Talk about limited horizons!

And of course the credit card era has yet to make it to spotland.

It takes a real effort to support this club - I wonder if Mr Dunphy makes things so difficult for his company's customers.

I got my son a season ticket last season (he's 2) and had no issue with it despite being out of the Rochdale area so if you're right and I can't get him a season ticket then that's another ridiculous decision. I only live 6 miles from the bloody ground.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Login to get fewer ads

Season tickets on 15:17 - Apr 18 with 3057 viewspioneer

Season tickets on 15:02 - Apr 18 by ChaffRAFC

I got my son a season ticket last season (he's 2) and had no issue with it despite being out of the Rochdale area so if you're right and I can't get him a season ticket then that's another ridiculous decision. I only live 6 miles from the bloody ground.

Even if they waive the restriction in practice (and I hope they do) posting it on the website and having it there in black and white is another put off for fans.
Season tickets on 15:19 - Apr 18 with 3043 viewsjudd

Season tickets on 15:02 - Apr 18 by ChaffRAFC

Surely his season ticket can be renewed but at the prevailing price?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Season tickets on 15:26 - Apr 18 with 2997 viewslurker

Season tickets on 15:19 - Apr 18 by judd

Surely his season ticket can be renewed but at the prevailing price?

* Subject to availability
Season tickets on 15:27 - Apr 18 with 2988 views49thseason

So basically:
Pay on the day prices are unchanged.
Free under 7s has been changed to Under 11s at £10 for the season.
The additional early bird discount has been dropped. But existing season ticket holders can use their £25 renewal discount voucher.

The effect of the loss of the early-bird discount is to marginalise the value of buying a season ticket which now represents a saving equivalent to 5.9 games for existing STHs and 4.5 games for new STHs and to add a decent incentive to keep bringing Primary-aged kids to matches.

So a Sandy Lane season ticket is now £314,50 (same as last season) and represents £13.67 per game with a further £1.09p saving per game for existing STHs giving £12.58 per game by using their £25.00 voucher.

I personally, don't regard this as a disaster but it's a shame there isn't a better incentive for new STHs (ie £25 voucher at next 2 home games which cannot be used with any existing vouchers). it's not a fortune but every little helps.

Attendances are stubbornly refusing to budge very much - by extrapolation, I expect this season to be 4000 or so down on last season and only 5-6000 up on 2013/14 our last promotion season.

Price is clearly a major factor in a town as poor as Rochdale, however, I also believe the matchday experience is about as poor as it could possibly be and were this to be significantly improved, its effect might be as beneficial as lowering prices might be.
Season tickets on 15:28 - Apr 18 with 2981 viewsJimlidale

If and it is a huge IF, Rochdale make the playoffs and then go on to make the Championship. This will be excellent value for a Championship Season Ticket. No pressure then lads
Season tickets on 15:46 - Apr 18 with 2881 viewsaleanddale

Season tickets on 15:27 - Apr 18 by 49thseason

So basically:
Pay on the day prices are unchanged.
Free under 7s has been changed to Under 11s at £10 for the season.
The additional early bird discount has been dropped. But existing season ticket holders can use their £25 renewal discount voucher.

The effect of the loss of the early-bird discount is to marginalise the value of buying a season ticket which now represents a saving equivalent to 5.9 games for existing STHs and 4.5 games for new STHs and to add a decent incentive to keep bringing Primary-aged kids to matches.

So a Sandy Lane season ticket is now £314,50 (same as last season) and represents £13.67 per game with a further £1.09p saving per game for existing STHs giving £12.58 per game by using their £25.00 voucher.

I personally, don't regard this as a disaster but it's a shame there isn't a better incentive for new STHs (ie £25 voucher at next 2 home games which cannot be used with any existing vouchers). it's not a fortune but every little helps.

Attendances are stubbornly refusing to budge very much - by extrapolation, I expect this season to be 4000 or so down on last season and only 5-6000 up on 2013/14 our last promotion season.

Price is clearly a major factor in a town as poor as Rochdale, however, I also believe the matchday experience is about as poor as it could possibly be and were this to be significantly improved, its effect might be as beneficial as lowering prices might be.

I actually enjoyed the atmosphere v Blackpool.

thought it was ok despite only 2800 home fans.

what a difference it would make if we could get 4000 home fans week in week out!!!!

I really want to scream today.

TBF and add some balance the Kids initiative is a good one.

How many NEW season ticket holders will this attract. I bet you could count them on one hand its a spectacular own goal for sure.
Season tickets on 15:51 - Apr 18 with 2847 viewsNR_Dale

Just sent an email to frances, tried to be as nice as possible whilst pushing my point. Awaiting a response.
Season tickets on 15:51 - Apr 18 with 2845 viewsColDale

It is clear there is a great deal of feelings over this. If any supporter, whether they are a Trust member or not, would like to email the Trust over this, then please do so. You can either use the contact form below or by email at info@daletrust.co.uk

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/contact-us/
Season tickets on 15:59 - Apr 18 with 2786 viewslurker

Season tickets on 15:46 - Apr 18 by aleanddale

I actually enjoyed the atmosphere v Blackpool.

thought it was ok despite only 2800 home fans.

what a difference it would make if we could get 4000 home fans week in week out!!!!

I really want to scream today.

TBF and add some balance the Kids initiative is a good one.

How many NEW season ticket holders will this attract. I bet you could count them on one hand its a spectacular own goal for sure.

Disagree completely about the kids initiative being a good one.

I have personally told others about my kids' free season tickets and the look on their face shows they are impressed. Can't wait to tell them how I got them renewed with a £10 admin fee each this year!

The admin fee is a joke! Other clubs are letting kids in for free either on the day or with truly free season tickets. How much would it cost the club to waive the £10 admin fee and keep some good will for goodness sake? Take a look around you at half time at the next home game - it would be recouped in one or two games with the extra hot dog sales alone!

On paper and using a calculator you can make a case for this whole thing being not as bad as at first look. However, put your calculator down and, if you factor in the bad blood from some crafty wording and some extra stealth costs and then take a look around at what other clubs are offering, it is an incredibly bad offering IMHO
Season tickets on 16:02 - Apr 18 with 2766 viewslyberoc

Season tickets on 15:51 - Apr 18 by ColDale

It is clear there is a great deal of feelings over this. If any supporter, whether they are a Trust member or not, would like to email the Trust over this, then please do so. You can either use the contact form below or by email at info@daletrust.co.uk

I had a reply from Francis which explains the whole situation;

Last year, prices were increased for the first time in 7 years by £2 per match across all stands. However, there was a Special Promotion Period, whereby if you renewed during this 5-week window you could avoid the price increase. After the Special Promotion Period ended, the prices were increased.

Therefore, the price for an Adult Sandy Lane Season Ticket last season did go up to £314.50 .

In effect this meant last year that you had the benefit of the price increase being held back during the Special Promotion Period and you had your £25 discount voucher. This year you have just got your £25 discount voucher. The Prices are the same it’s just the extra discount last year that is the difference.

Clear as mud !!
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 16:03]
Season tickets on 16:07 - Apr 18 with 2744 viewsShun

I think today's announcement was always going to be one of disappointment, not because that's what we've come to expect from this club, but simply because we'd built it up so much. Today was talked about with such intensity, and some genuinely good ideas were raised, to the point where any announcement by the club would fail to match up.
Season tickets on 16:11 - Apr 18 with 2706 viewsdingdangblue

Season tickets on 16:02 - Apr 18 by lyberoc

Last year, prices were increased for the first time in 7 years by £2 per match across all stands. However, there was a Special Promotion Period, whereby if you renewed during this 5-week window you could avoid the price increase. After the Special Promotion Period ended, the prices were increased.

Therefore, the price for an Adult Sandy Lane Season Ticket last season did go up to £314.50 .

In effect this meant last year that you had the benefit of the price increase being held back during the Special Promotion Period and you had your £25 discount voucher. This year you have just got your £25 discount voucher. The Prices are the same it’s just the extra discount last year that is the difference.

Clear as mud !!

Last year there was no admin fee for kids tickets - this year the admin fee for kids tickets is £10. Can the club arrange for me to pay last years admin fee as they seem to have forgotten it last year and I would hate for them to go short.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season tickets on 16:15 - Apr 18 with 2672 viewsNewbury_Dale

Season tickets on 15:51 - Apr 18 by ColDale

Why does the Trust need emails ? Cant the Trust board members decide for themselves that this is very poor PR from the club, and very disappointing for loyal "Team Rochdale" fans ?

With increased "solidarity" payments from the Premier League, and our propensity to sell any player of cash value at the earliest opportnity, maybe the club arent that bothered about maximising revenue from season tickets anymore ? You'd certainly think that with these pricing decisions.
Season tickets on 16:22 - Apr 18 with 2633 viewsTalkingSutty

Season tickets on 16:07 - Apr 18 by Shun

I think today's announcement was always going to be one of disappointment, not because that's what we've come to expect from this club, but simply because we'd built it up so much. Today was talked about with such intensity, and some genuinely good ideas were raised, to the point where any announcement by the club would fail to match up.

Personally the extra cost is something that I could absorb if I wanted to do but I don't ,so i will jiggle my donations to the Club around to accommodate it. It's not difficult to do.

The disappointment comes from the realisation that there's no real urgency from the Club to try to significantly increase the home attendances. This was the time to take a calculated gamble but they didn't do it. The crowds we have now are as good as it's going to get I think and that's the reality of it all . We really are the chosen few
Season tickets on 16:26 - Apr 18 with 2600 viewsD_Alien

Season tickets on 16:02 - Apr 18 by lyberoc

Clear as mud !!

Frances will have been given a "party-line" to tow. In reality, she must be as disappointed as everyone else at the lack of marketing nous she has to cope with from her employer - in fact more so, since she has to try and drag the marketing into the 21st century and so far has been doing a pretty good job.

It's probably not a good use of her time to have loads of emails landing in her in-box, and feeling obliged to politely answer them all. She'll almost certainly be reading these threads as they're developing, in between her other work.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season tickets on 16:30 - Apr 18 with 2582 viewsisitme

As expected many people were building their hopes up about something that was never going to happen, that's not to say it shouldn't have happened.

If you look at the letter on the official website that accompanies the season ticket form there are actually some decent offers for seats in a box with some added extras. One package includes all league cup, jpt and friendly games. It was quite a decent offer, apart from the fact I would have to sit in the main stand. I wonder if there is a greater focus on the more corporate side or the well off main standers (like Roccy)?

I do not see where the added value is in the vouchers? A day pass for a gym I am already a member of and some cheap tickets to give to other people. The only ones that I will use are the season ticket renewal and the money off a new shirt.

As others have said there is not much there to appeal to a new season ticket holder.

Saying all that I will still renew. I have nothing better to do!
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 16:30]
Season tickets on 16:30 - Apr 18 with 2576 viewspioneer

Season tickets on 16:15 - Apr 18 by Newbury_Dale

Why does the Trust need emails ? Cant the Trust board members decide for themselves that this is very poor PR from the club, and very disappointing for loyal "Team Rochdale" fans ?

With increased "solidarity" payments from the Premier League, and our propensity to sell any player of cash value at the earliest opportnity, maybe the club arent that bothered about maximising revenue from season tickets anymore ? You'd certainly think that with these pricing decisions.

agree, maybe someone could give the trust the web address for this site if they dont already have it and they could look for themselves.

We seem to go from bad to worse with our bureaucrcay.

As for the kids tenner admin fee - how is administering this an additional cost to the club. Will they need to take on additional staff, or pay existing staff overtime. How many are they expecting? Bollocks - its another cash grab - shame on you Mr Dunphy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024