Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season tickets 09:10 - Apr 18 with 50953 viewsKenBoon

Crowd goes mild...
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-afc-2016-17-season-ticket-ann
Season tickets on 10:51 - Apr 18 with 3931 viewsDaley_Lama

Season tickets on 10:37 - Apr 18 by lurker

I'm in a similar position.

Will either be switching to the Sandy to save on cost or not renewing at all. Given the upfront cost and no facility to pay off in stages, not renewing is winning at this moment.

£47 increase for me and Jnr (4) against last season, including savings from current ST.

The £10 season ticket for 11 and unders is great. 3s and unders have no concept really of what is going on in my limited experience, but i have no issue paying for Jnr now he is football mad. Costs me as much for a couple of away games or 3.333 hot dogs.

A bit like the Liverpool episode, this is a bit like polishing a ...., NO PRICE INCREASE (but you will pay 10-15% more if you were prompt/loyal last season)

Same thoughts as Razzle, will be renewing as per usual

Poll: DF in or out

Season tickets on 10:52 - Apr 18 with 3927 viewsDaleiLama

Season tickets on 10:36 - Apr 18 by SuddenLad

They either think:

(a) We're thick and will simply accept what they say.

(b) We can't add up

(c) We are all blindly loyal and will simply 'cough up'

(d) Money is no object for any of us.

One way or another, they have shot themselves in the foot (again) and missed a golden opportunity to offer some genuine incentives on the back of yet another great season.

All kids under 7 should be free for starters.

Millions of women currently draw their state pension at 60 - not 65 - so they are being discriminated against with the current 'OAP at 65' policy.

WHy do we keep having to point out the bleedin' obvious, only to be continually ignored ? They have 12 months to re-assess the season ticket situation year-on-year. Does the actual meeting to decide policy take longer than 10 minutes ?

They can't seriously suggest that this is the best they could come up with. THere are some disappoited supporters out there today on the eve of a crucial game.

Unbelievable Jeff

It's not dissimilar to when any chancellor opens his stupid little red case and says you'll all be better off. #robbingpetertopaypaul

One theme which seems to be common to many posters in this and other threads is how borderline an actual season ticket is in terms of being better value than pay on the day (let's face it everyone has a million and one things to do these days). There is absolutely NOTHING to capture the growing group of people who are marginalised by not being able to attend all 23 games. If there was a medium discounted mini-season ticket (12 games) and even a small discount on a 5-match bundle (both arbitrary numbers), I'm sure these offers would be taken up in addition to the standard season ticket and help to boost attendance. Instead, they have made pricing less attractive than last year which will surely lead to further attrition of attendance figures. Why is no one at the club joining these dots and seeing the big picture?

It beggars belief.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 10:54]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season tickets on 10:53 - Apr 18 with 3898 viewsjav14

My mates a Huddersfield Town fan and he'll be paying £179.00 next season.
Season tickets on 11:01 - Apr 18 with 3830 viewsD_Alien

Season tickets on 10:37 - Apr 18 by lurker

I'm in a similar position.

Will either be switching to the Sandy to save on cost or not renewing at all. Given the upfront cost and no facility to pay off in stages, not renewing is winning at this moment.

So, isn't the logical thing to do, for fans such as lurker - to not renew?

The club have given us a message - shouldn't we be giving them one back, and not just through complaints on this message board?

As TS posted t' other day - take ownership.

Just another point - the free tickets for under-11s are "subject to availability". Given the numbers of primary school children (and it appears the club are at least making a decent effort at marketing to that group with flyers and school visits) I'd be getting my application in early if I were a parent. Some areas of the ground could be quite limited in the numbers of under-11s that could be safely accommodated.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season tickets on 11:02 - Apr 18 with 3821 viewsoff2div1

Is there any increase pay at the gate next season?
Season tickets on 11:03 - Apr 18 with 3817 viewsdingdangblue

Season tickets on 10:53 - Apr 18 by jav14

My mates a Huddersfield Town fan and he'll be paying £179.00 next season.

Wasn't the buckets announced at £275 the other week? Thats great compared to ours - if they don't get wound up today.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season tickets on 11:08 - Apr 18 with 3771 viewsKenBoon

Season tickets on 11:02 - Apr 18 by off2div1

Is there any increase pay at the gate next season?

Not in the Pearl Street. Is it £22 in the Main Stand this season? Because it is next.
Season tickets on 11:08 - Apr 18 with 3759 viewsColDale

Season tickets on 11:03 - Apr 18 by dingdangblue

Wasn't the buckets announced at £275 the other week? Thats great compared to ours - if they don't get wound up today.

Their season tickets are £275 during early bird and £300 after. Their most expensive is cheaper than our cheapest.

What other clubs have announced season ticket prices for next season? Anyone got any links?
Login to get fewer ads

Season tickets on 11:16 - Apr 18 with 3700 viewsjustanillusion

Season tickets on 09:29 - Apr 18 by meeee

I was hoping there was going to be some sort of offer for students and people doing apprentiships. Maybe I'm biased since I'm a student but looks like I will be picking and choosing games then
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 9:29]

Couldn't agree more , People in the 16 to 21 age bracket are either sixth form students who may be earning some low income working part time on minimum wage or apprentices also on min wage. Really disappointed with the ' out of touch' pricing of the 21 & under tickets, Bury for example next season have category's of U18 at £75 and student and U23's at £150
Season tickets on 11:20 - Apr 18 with 3665 viewssandylaner1

missed
Season tickets on 11:20 - Apr 18 with 3661 viewssandylaner1

opportunity
Season tickets on 11:25 - Apr 18 with 3631 viewslyberoc

I wouldn,t mind so much if the club came out and said that they need the extra revenue for this or that, I,d happily pay it. But to actually lie to us about no price increase, that gets my goat and I for one won,t be renewing, it,s pick and choose for me next season
Season tickets on 11:32 - Apr 18 with 3579 viewsaleanddale

fair to say the announcement has not been an unequivocal success!

Time for a re think RAFC.

Are the trust consulted at all on such matters?.
Season tickets on 11:41 - Apr 18 with 3520 viewsjustanillusion

Season tickets on 11:32 - Apr 18 by aleanddale

fair to say the announcement has not been an unequivocal success!

Time for a re think RAFC.

Are the trust consulted at all on such matters?.

Are the trust consulted?

I can only conclude from the pricing that it's just the board , who I imagine aren't really in the same skint state most of us are in!

#Reallyunderwhelmed
Season tickets on 11:43 - Apr 18 with 3504 viewsTalkingSutty

Season tickets on 10:51 - Apr 18 by Daley_Lama

£47 increase for me and Jnr (4) against last season, including savings from current ST.

The £10 season ticket for 11 and unders is great. 3s and unders have no concept really of what is going on in my limited experience, but i have no issue paying for Jnr now he is football mad. Costs me as much for a couple of away games or 3.333 hot dogs.

A bit like the Liverpool episode, this is a bit like polishing a ...., NO PRICE INCREASE (but you will pay 10-15% more if you were prompt/loyal last season)

Same thoughts as Razzle, will be renewing as per usual

Nothing to add,its all been said. I will be renewing my ST but cancelling my goldbond this week and not renewing 2 Trust Memberships.That will save me 72 pounds off the cost of my ST. If you look closely enough,you can make savings elsewhere. Match tickets are only one source of expenditure,so rob Peter to pay Paul
Season tickets on 11:48 - Apr 18 with 2887 viewsnordenblue

Season tickets on 10:14 - Apr 18 by R17ALE

I think it's ok for existing holders to renew and still offers good value, if you can get to every game.

This season has cost me £10.98 per match (underpriced), whereas next season it will be £12.58 (still good value).

But the sales pitch isn't the best and it's hard to disagree with comments above from others.

I'll renew. I always do. But, whether new season ticket holders will be attracted by this is doubtful, and that is possibly where we could have done things better.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 10:15]

It's not only the new season ticket holders the clubs wants to worry about attracting its the amount of current ones that renew should cause huge worry.

Not surprised in the slightest by this,yet another huge own goal, when in a real position to move forward most people within the club structure are happy to stagnate and infact move backwards.

They can NEVER moan again about how shite our crowds are when the people who can influence it do zero about it.

Same for me next year it will be pick and choose what games I attend when I would have without a doubt bought a season ticket had it been good value.
Season tickets on 11:49 - Apr 18 with 2882 viewsDaleFan7

People moan and say it's not right and the club should do this and that. Then say 'but I'm renewing anyway'. The only way the club will ever listen is if people didn't renew. Renewing anyway says to the club oh it's fine carry on as you are.
Season tickets on 11:56 - Apr 18 with 2841 viewsKenBoon

From the Dale Trust Meeting with the Board.

Q: After the announcement of £30 away tickets in the Premier League has the Football League or the Club started to look at how this effects the competitiveness of ticket prices and are we likely to see any changes?
A: There will be a significant change in the approach by the club that will be announced as part of the season ticket / pricing plan for next season. This announcement will take place on Monday 18th
http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2016/03/meeting-with-the-board-march-2016/

The significant change is...?

How many clubs locally have more expensive season tickets than us? I'm not counting the Sandy because it's a terrace and most clubs don't have them, so our cheapest adult seated is £370.

Don't Manc City have £299 season tickets?
Buckets are less that ours. Wigan's too. I'm sure Bolton's will be. Oldham? Burnley? FC United? Blackburn Rovers? Accrington? Huddersfield? All probably cheaper than our cheapest seating ticket. There's probably only Manc United who are more expensive.

Diluted.
Season tickets on 12:00 - Apr 18 with 2817 viewsTalkingSutty

Season tickets on 11:16 - Apr 18 by justanillusion

Couldn't agree more , People in the 16 to 21 age bracket are either sixth form students who may be earning some low income working part time on minimum wage or apprentices also on min wage. Really disappointed with the ' out of touch' pricing of the 21 & under tickets, Bury for example next season have category's of U18 at £75 and student and U23's at £150

My lad falls into that bracket. He's working full time but not getting paid much. First glance tells me his ST has increased by 25% from 200 to 250 quid. Will double check that. I will give him the extra 50 quid, but obviously the increases have a knock on effect.

We both miss games through one reason or another and i might even re-think all this and not renew. We probably miss 3 games a season each on average.Going to do some sums later and work out the savings.
Season tickets on 12:01 - Apr 18 with 2813 viewsflyerdale

I won't be renewing my season ticket. With the games I miss it just isn't worth it for me anymore.
Season tickets on 12:07 - Apr 18 with 2759 viewsDaleiLama

Season tickets on 11:49 - Apr 18 by DaleFan7

People moan and say it's not right and the club should do this and that. Then say 'but I'm renewing anyway'. The only way the club will ever listen is if people didn't renew. Renewing anyway says to the club oh it's fine carry on as you are.

I put a poll up so we can quantify posters opinions. Just a cross section, but let's see how the votes come in?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season tickets on 12:12 - Apr 18 with 2726 viewsBartRowou

I don't understand any of this.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Season tickets on 12:14 - Apr 18 with 2710 viewsTalkingSutty

Season tickets on 12:01 - Apr 18 by flyerdale

I won't be renewing my season ticket. With the games I miss it just isn't worth it for me anymore.

Understandable that. Rather than everybody being irate about it i just think fans will now realise how they are viewed and how much their opinion is valued.

There's no excuse,we have a Supporters Trust and the Chief Executive is on the board,would it not be good manners to seek the opinions of the fans? It makes a mockery of the Supporters Trust, the Club pay it lip service. By the way this isnt a slur on those who dedicate their own time and efforts to run the Trust, i take my hat off to them for doing it and have a lot of respect for them.

Fans taken for granted,but the Club cant force you to stump up the cash.
Season tickets on 12:21 - Apr 18 with 2671 viewsdingdangblue

Season tickets on 11:49 - Apr 18 by DaleFan7

I'm not sure I'll renew - I might be better just putting £360 away and just taking out £20 a time for my match day ticket. If I miss a few games its not cost me then. There's no rush to decide with no Early bird worth my while - I'll keep my money in my pocket for now.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 12:23]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season tickets on 12:27 - Apr 18 with 2639 viewsMoonyDale

What a spectacular own goal and a total lack of common sense from the club. Not a hope in hell of me buying a season ticket again.......Ever. I will probably see under half a dozen home games next season and I will not use any of the bars of food outlets on match days....No price increases my arse...They are probably thinking "well we own the ground now so let's increase revenue from that and sod the fans" So much for the big announcement......What a joke.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024