Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season tickets 09:10 - Apr 18 with 50928 viewsKenBoon

Crowd goes mild...
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-afc-2016-17-season-ticket-ann
Season tickets on 12:27 - Apr 18 with 3328 viewslurker

IMO there are going to be a good proportion that will not renew.

It is not so much a matter of the high price of the season ticket (although in comparison to other local clubs this is the case) but the biggest issue is related to cashflow.

Unless you have the spare cash or have been saving in advance (only diehards would do this) you have a decision of whether to forego something else to find the cash or keep it in your pocket now and spread the cost yourself by paying on the day and missing a few games, which most people will do at some point anyway due to circumstances.

Most individuals and families will be looking for an incentive to part with their cash in advance and the discount provided on cash at the turnstile, a 10% discount at the clubshop, free programme and a few day passes to a couple of gyms isn’t really enough, I would not think.
Season tickets on 12:33 - Apr 18 with 3266 viewsColDale

Accrington
http://accringtonstanley.co.uk/season-tickets/

Oldham
http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/201617-season-tickets-3056405.aspx

Huddersfield
http://www.htafc.com/news/article/huddersfield-town-201617-season-cards-wagnerre

Bury season tickets
http://www.buryfc.co.uk/documents/season-tickets-1617107-3045124.pdf
Season tickets on 12:34 - Apr 18 with 3258 viewsonedalefan

If they are stating that there is no increase on last year, if you turn up with a receipt showing what you paid then, how do they stand on that?
Season tickets on 12:42 - Apr 18 with 3193 viewslurker

Season tickets on 12:33 - Apr 18 by ColDale

Accrington

Oldham

Huddersfield
http://www.htafc.com/news/article/huddersfield-town-201617-season-cards-wagnerre

Bury season tickets

Nobody appears to have the admin fee issue with the free junior tickets - must have some special robot that administers the tickets.

There also seems to be less of an issue with accepting credit cards for season tickets sales (albeit with small admin fees) and bury even have a monthly payment option!
Season tickets on 12:42 - Apr 18 with 3184 viewsD_Alien

Season tickets on 12:34 - Apr 18 by onedalefan

If they are stating that there is no increase on last year, if you turn up with a receipt showing what you paid then, how do they stand on that?

Great point 1df

Also, if the vouchers are the only incentive to renew early, how much arsing about must be involved in having tickets printed with vouchers and then having them removed by the resident curmudgeon after 4 June?

Jesus Christ, marketing at it's very worst. Go back to primary school!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season tickets on 12:44 - Apr 18 with 3169 viewshappyevaafter

Season tickets on 12:27 - Apr 18 by lurker

IMO there are going to be a good proportion that will not renew.

It is not so much a matter of the high price of the season ticket (although in comparison to other local clubs this is the case) but the biggest issue is related to cashflow.

Unless you have the spare cash or have been saving in advance (only diehards would do this) you have a decision of whether to forego something else to find the cash or keep it in your pocket now and spread the cost yourself by paying on the day and missing a few games, which most people will do at some point anyway due to circumstances.

Most individuals and families will be looking for an incentive to part with their cash in advance and the discount provided on cash at the turnstile, a 10% discount at the clubshop, free programme and a few day passes to a couple of gyms isn’t really enough, I would not think.

Have you tried to use your 10% off a replica shirt recently?
Not valid as prices have been cut by 25% so that's one unused voucher that's about as much use as a one legged man in an ar$e kicking contest.
As another poster alluded, the bring a friend for £x only benefits the friend / club so no real personal incentive to utilise it.
With no early bird there does not seem to be any incentive to beat a path to the ticket office and if I leave it until after the 'special' voucher period then I'm not really that fussed about getting vouchers that cannot be used / don't really benefit me.
It just seems like an opportunity missed and smacks of a decision made by a committee when it was the last item on the agenda.
Season tickets on 12:45 - Apr 18 with 3158 viewsTalkingSutty

Season tickets on 12:34 - Apr 18 by onedalefan

Prediction time....Season Ticket sales will drop like a stone this Season. Next season they will try to attract back those missing Customers by pricing ST accordingly,too late!

If they can find a way of upseting a already dwindling band of supporters and shooting themselves in the foot you can bet they will find a way of doing it. A Golden opportunity to ignite the imagination of the Town as now gone, if ever there was a 'Perfect Storm' to try to get more fans on board this was it. Instead we make things even harder!!
Season tickets on 12:47 - Apr 18 with 3143 viewsKenBoon

These amazing vouchers too...

£25 off next season's ticket - Worth £25 but you have to spend a significant amount to get it.
10% Shop Discount - Involves buying something that's already hugely marked up.
10% off Replica Shirt - Worth £4 and involves spending £40 or £30 to get it.
Bring a Friend for £10 or £5 - Worth £7/10/12. They should be doing these offers anyway.
Bring a Junior for free - £5 but they should be doing these offers anyway.
Free Programme - Worth £3
Link4Life Day Pass - wtf is this? Assume its a free swim or something. I don't live local so not interested. I'll swim in the sea instead.
20% off at Flying Horse - Involves spending money, I don't want to go there and if it's like any other pub they email out better offers anyway.
Virgin Active Guest Pass - I don't want one and you can pick stuff like this up anywhere. Google them or just go on a voucher codes website.
£5 off Trust Membership - Worth £5. I didn't use mine this season. Probably should have.
T-shirt for kids.

So I make it that only the Matchday Programme and Trust Membership discount (I think you can join for a fiver so it makes it free) are proper offers. That's £8 worth of vouchers. Apparently worth £100 though. Everything else either involves you spending money or you can pick up anywhere else.
Login to get fewer ads

Season tickets on 12:48 - Apr 18 with 3128 viewsjudd

Season tickets on 12:42 - Apr 18 by D_Alien

Great point 1df

Also, if the vouchers are the only incentive to renew early, how much arsing about must be involved in having tickets printed with vouchers and then having them removed by the resident curmudgeon after 4 June?

Jesus Christ, marketing at it's very worst. Go back to primary school!

If they do then can they get a season ticket free of charge*

*£10 fookin admin

Poll: What is it to be then?

Season tickets on 12:53 - Apr 18 with 3063 viewsdingdangblue

"Link4Life Day Pass - wtf is this? Assume its a free swim or something. I don't live local so not interested. I'll swim in the sea instead."

I just spat my tea out

#onthebuses

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season tickets on 12:55 - Apr 18 with 3032 viewsKenBoon

Season tickets on 12:33 - Apr 18 by ColDale

Accrington

Oldham

Huddersfield

Bury season tickets

Burnley had an early bird offer of £329 but that offer has now ended.
Season tickets on 12:56 - Apr 18 with 3006 viewssykeboy

So very much wanted to be enticed into purchasing a season ticket even though I cant attend all games will continue to pay as you go ... very disappointing Dale
Season tickets on 12:58 - Apr 18 with 2988 viewsdalestats

Can I suggest that the Dale trust book a meeting with the club as a matter of priority to discuss the concerns and the likelihood that there will be a reduction in season ticket sales

Poll: Remain in the eu

Season tickets on 13:02 - Apr 18 with 2948 views_dezzy

To me it will cost me £37 more, sounds a lot but is less than £2 per game, I usually get to most the games, missed 2 this year, So is still a saving, The thing that p!sses me off is there is not an early bird saving like last year,

It is craftily written saying no price increase, Yes that is true if they are going off full prices last year. They get away with the kids one being same price as they have added admin fee instead of charging for it,

KHBA

Season tickets on 13:03 - Apr 18 with 2933 viewsboromat

Season tickets on 09:53 - Apr 18 by 100notout

Am I missing something here?

Season ticket last year for the Sandy Lane cost £277.50 less £25 SPP so net cost £252.50
This years season ticket costs £314.50 less £25 = £289.50

How does that equate to "there will be no price increase for season tickets next season"

The season ticket prices went up last year but like me people who renewed their season tickets within the promotional period avoided the increase. So this year we are seeing last years increase. This is exactly what I was expecting before the club bought the stadium and started promoting today as the day the pricing will be announced. It made it sound like there would be some big news. Instead they've scrapped the free junior tickets and made them £10 but increased the age range. Can't see many fans that will benefit from those price changes.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Season tickets on 13:04 - Apr 18 with 2920 viewsDaleiLama

So far, six out of 16 voters on the poll going to renew and three of those will spend less to offset the "increase which hasn't increased". So 13 out of 16 will "probably" be spending less with RAFC next year. If that's an accurate cross section of the total season ticket holders, I'd be quite concerned if I was a board member at the club about now.

In hindsight, I probably should have added a vote for "I would have been a first time buyer if there'd been a discount" vote, but that's very open ended too, depending on level of discount. Any anyway, I already have a job and it isn't to do Dale's marketing for them.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season tickets on 13:17 - Apr 18 with 2828 viewsGhanaDale

I'm actually massively disappointed in this announcement.

I was very, very tempted to buy my first season ticket in 5 years (23 years old) as I've recently started my first Monday - Friday job after working shifts inc. weekends.

£314 just seems like such a large amount of money to be spending all at once, just before the Summer holidays.

Why don't the club do a deposit scheme?

Pay £100 a month on 1st of June & July and then pay your remaining balance before 1st August.

Anything like that would tempt me (and I'm sure a lot of younger people who aren't on great wages) into buying one, rather than having to put 1/4 of a wage out all at once.

I'm sure there are logistical reasons behind this but anything to help keep the cost down for the paying customers would be amazing, but nope. Just another own goal.

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Season tickets on 13:19 - Apr 18 with 2800 viewsbatfink

I have last season's price list on my phone and it actually states all prices at early bird price, no mention of a discount.
Season tickets on 13:20 - Apr 18 with 2797 viewsDale23years

Season tickets on 13:17 - Apr 18 by GhanaDale

I was very, very tempted to buy my first season ticket in 5 years (23 years old) as I've recently started my first Monday - Friday job after working shifts inc. weekends.

£314 just seems like such a large amount of money to be spending all at once, just before the Summer holidays.

Pay £100 a month on 1st of June & July and then pay your remaining balance before 1st August.

Anything like that would tempt me (and I'm sure a lot of younger people who aren't on great wages) into buying one, rather than having to put 1/4 of a wage out all at once.

I'm sure there are logistical reasons behind this but anything to help keep the cost down for the paying customers would be amazing, but nope. Just another own goal.

I will not be renewing both my season tickets the robbing fcukers

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Season tickets. on 13:23 - Apr 18 with 2775 viewsBigKindo

Anybody else spotted that the non-price increase increases have all risen by exactly £ 37-00 whilst the pay on the day turnstile prices are the same as last season. As senior citizen main stand season tickets holders our loyalty discount for renewing is £15-00 not the £ 25-00 enjoyed by 'Adults' so next season the ticket price/game will £ 12-22 against £ 10-61 this season an increase of £ 1-61 i.e.an increase of 15%. However, the Adult main stand season tickets in comparison have risen by 10.7% In fairness, at this %age increase, the Senior Citizen tickets should have risen to £ 277-00 and not £ 296-00.
This anomaly also applies to the under 21's.

You should never bite the hand that feeds you.
Season tickets on 13:29 - Apr 18 with 2739 viewsbatfink

[IMG] http://i65.tinypic.com/11sh7j8.png[/IMG]

2015/16 season ticket application form
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 13:57]
Season tickets on 13:38 - Apr 18 with 2682 viewspioneer

Season tickets on 13:17 - Apr 18 by GhanaDale

If there is no early bird discount you can do this yourself can't you - put the money in a savings account on each of those dates and buy your season ticket on Aug 1. Why give those robbing barstewards your money in advance.
Season tickets on 13:45 - Apr 18 with 2640 viewsGhanaDale

Season tickets on 13:38 - Apr 18 by pioneer

If there is no early bird discount you can do this yourself can't you - put the money in a savings account on each of those dates and buy your season ticket on Aug 1. Why give those robbing barstewards your money in advance.

Fair point!
But at least this way the club could get an idea of how many tickets will be sold over the course of the summer rather than waiting until the beginning of the season.

Season tickets on 13:54 - Apr 18 with 2605 viewsDaleiLama

Season tickets on 13:45 - Apr 18 by GhanaDale

Fair point!
But at least this way the club could get an idea of how many tickets will be sold over the course of the summer rather than waiting until the beginning of the season.

The club would also be keeping the interest too. If they aren't doing you any favours, you are being very altruistic to let them keep the interest (however small) on your money.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season tickets on 13:56 - Apr 18 with 2590 viewsGhanaDale

Season tickets on 13:54 - Apr 18 by DaleiLama

The club would also be keeping the interest too. If they aren't doing you any favours, you are being very altruistic to let them keep the interest (however small) on your money.

Again, very true.
These are the things I hadn't really thought about so it's good to know the reasons why it isn't done!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024