Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
signing alert 11:19 - Jul 14 with 18933 views_dezzy

KHBA

signing alert on 13:04 - Jul 14 with 3704 viewsD_Alien

signing alert on 12:43 - Jul 14 by 49thseason

Possibly the Season ticket fiasco and the departure of Mr Garlick are more closely related that some seem to think? If sales were poor, then I guess the pricing schedule might be a bigger part of the problem than imagined when it was presented to the board.

Hmmm.. interesting. Also the way in which fans reaction to it was handled - or rather, dismissed. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors? It's pure speculation of course, but there is a real mismatch between the marketing effort coming from Frances Fielding and the perception of "take it or leave it" from the ST pricing structure. No business can afford to take that attitude, and the ones who do (M&S, for instance) are on a slippery slope.

As far as RNL is concerned, the phrase "last chance saloon" doesn't come into it.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

signing alert on 13:09 - Jul 14 with 3676 viewsdingdangblue

Back from the dead!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

signing alert on 13:11 - Jul 14 with 3665 viewsSuddenLad

signing alert on 13:02 - Jul 14 by nordenblue

You're less likely to notice when he returns....

and you know that because....... Like Hilly, lets give the lad a second chance. .

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

signing alert on 13:12 - Jul 14 with 3655 viewsTVOS1907

signing alert on 12:19 - Jul 14 by aleanddale

I agree partially.

By Colins admission a younger pair of eyes and ears is probably required.

Why from another club?

Successful hard nosed ( when required ) businessman currently detached from football might be the answer.

I do think we need dragging into 2016 and beyond with a fresh approach. I also think the dynamic persona is more likely to come from a younger model.

That's all... If there is a 64 year old out there who can drag us forwards as a club there will be no complaints from me.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2016 12:20]

Football admin is a complex business and needs someone with experience in that area.

I actually agree with 442's post from the other day; it's a role that really needs splitting.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

signing alert on 13:20 - Jul 14 with 3610 viewsdingdangblue

If its a pay as you play deal it wont cost the club much.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

signing alert on 13:23 - Jul 14 with 3601 viewsnordenblue

signing alert on 13:11 - Jul 14 by SuddenLad

and you know that because....... Like Hilly, lets give the lad a second chance. .

He's never done a thing remotely decent any time I've seen him unless you class leathering a ball into row z at any opportunity.

Unless he's shed about 2 stone to start with its a massive NO from me,I would have kept Rose if it was just to make numbers up,he's a far better,consistent player.
signing alert on 13:33 - Jul 14 with 3559 viewsdingdangblue

Maybe he'll be left back...............................in the changing room.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2016 13:39]

signing alert on 13:35 - Jul 14 with 3547 viewsmacro

Suggests then that Robinson and Ecclestone will let go
Login to get fewer ads

signing alert on 13:39 - Jul 14 with 3526 viewsYorkshire_Dale

signing alert on 13:23 - Jul 14 by nordenblue

He's never done a thing remotely decent any time I've seen him unless you class leathering a ball into row z at any opportunity.

Unless he's shed about 2 stone to start with its a massive NO from me,I would have kept Rose if it was just to make numbers up,he's a far better,consistent player.

To be fair NB,his goal against Posh was a cracker.....even though he was only the finisher.

But,we never saw anything after that for the whole season.......he says he will hit the ground running,just hope he is a tad slimmer and fitter.
signing alert on 14:03 - Jul 14 with 3428 viewsJimmyRustler

Appalling. We must be extremely desperate. Nevermind squad players, we need someone who can affect the game off the bench. The only effect this lad has is a shortage of Mars Bars at the kiosk. To say I'm underwhelmed would be putting it mildly.
signing alert on 14:20 - Jul 14 with 3392 viewsBrierls

April Fools Day is in, erm, April?
signing alert on 14:42 - Jul 14 with 3307 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Still smiling and shaking head in disbelief.......at least Sky's squad page on Dale is a bit more up to date again, as RNL never left.......we also still have Tomasz Cymka and a GK called Periera!
signing alert on 14:49 - Jul 14 with 3289 viewsTalkingSutty

signing alert on 14:42 - Jul 14 by Yorkshire_Dale

Still smiling and shaking head in disbelief.......at least Sky's squad page on Dale is a bit more up to date again, as RNL never left.......we also still have Tomasz Cymka and a GK called Periera!

I refuse to believe Hilly is working with a reduced budget. We know the Chairmam and Directors better than that, well we should do.

The signings are all Hillys work and he lives and dies by them like any manager. We have to trust his judgement, he gets more right than wrong.
signing alert on 15:39 - Jul 14 with 3138 viewsnordenblue

signing alert on 13:39 - Jul 14 by Yorkshire_Dale

To be fair NB,his goal against Posh was a cracker.....even though he was only the finisher.

But,we never saw anything after that for the whole season.......he says he will hit the ground running,just hope he is a tad slimmer and fitter.

That's fine,I'm good with paying someone a years wages to bag 1 decent goal/moment per season.
signing alert on 15:45 - Jul 14 with 3116 viewsdingdangblue

signing alert on 14:49 - Jul 14 by TalkingSutty

I refuse to believe Hilly is working with a reduced budget. We know the Chairmam and Directors better than that, well we should do.

The signings are all Hillys work and he lives and dies by them like any manager. We have to trust his judgement, he gets more right than wrong.

It is baffling. The only thing I can think is Hill has a soft spot for the lad and they are mates - Whitey has said RNL is a lovely lad in the past. However there must be hundreds of out of contract players looking for clubs? Why are we going back to someone who's been here over 2 years now and failed to make any real sustained impact on the team?

signing alert on 16:04 - Jul 14 with 2987 viewsrochdaleriddler

signing alert on 13:04 - Jul 14 by D_Alien

Hmmm.. interesting. Also the way in which fans reaction to it was handled - or rather, dismissed. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors? It's pure speculation of course, but there is a real mismatch between the marketing effort coming from Frances Fielding and the perception of "take it or leave it" from the ST pricing structure. No business can afford to take that attitude, and the ones who do (M&S, for instance) are on a slippery slope.

As far as RNL is concerned, the phrase "last chance saloon" doesn't come into it.

Hmm, I agree it's seems v odd all of this. We are great at getting and developing young players, and yet RNL gets a 3rd go!!! I know of several people who haven't renewed their ST and who are planning for less games, I'm going to upgrade from the sandy, but prob will go to only 15 home games, and tick off a few away grounds not been to. Bolton at £30 won't be one of them

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

signing alert on 16:35 - Jul 14 with 2878 viewsChaffRAFC

I was slightly worried when Holness returned on trial. My instant though was, "this lad was on loan from Tranmere to Altrincham and the Tranmere fans hate him, how is he now trialling at a League One club aiming for the playoffs?!" Then I thought, trust Hilly, we must just be struggling to attract players at the minute with too many offers on the tables of the better of the available players due to our usually tight budget. Then my mate texts me that Reuben Noble-Lazarus has re-signed with the club. My heart sank. When we were all coming up with our released lists prior to the announcement, not one had the lad as being worthy of a new deal, not a one. Then Hill confirmed that by releasing him. The least surprising of all the players released. Now he's back? Why? Are we struggling to attract players that much? If we are then my God we're in trouble! Has our budget been slashed? What's the story because this is poor.

What next? Joel Logan back on non-contract terms, back by popular demand?!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

signing alert on 16:38 - Jul 14 with 2869 viewsRosun

signing alert on 16:35 - Jul 14 by ChaffRAFC

I was slightly worried when Holness returned on trial. My instant though was, "this lad was on loan from Tranmere to Altrincham and the Tranmere fans hate him, how is he now trialling at a League One club aiming for the playoffs?!" Then I thought, trust Hilly, we must just be struggling to attract players at the minute with too many offers on the tables of the better of the available players due to our usually tight budget. Then my mate texts me that Reuben Noble-Lazarus has re-signed with the club. My heart sank. When we were all coming up with our released lists prior to the announcement, not one had the lad as being worthy of a new deal, not a one. Then Hill confirmed that by releasing him. The least surprising of all the players released. Now he's back? Why? Are we struggling to attract players that much? If we are then my God we're in trouble! Has our budget been slashed? What's the story because this is poor.

Gorgeous George perhaps?
signing alert on 17:08 - Jul 14 with 2762 viewsSalwaDale

I wonder whether he's got fit and come back at Hill, explaining how much he wants to play for the Dale. Worked for Scott Hogan.

Trust in Keith.

TBBT

signing alert on 17:24 - Jul 14 with 2709 viewsTVOS1907

signing alert on 17:08 - Jul 14 by SalwaDale

I wonder whether he's got fit and come back at Hill, explaining how much he wants to play for the Dale. Worked for Scott Hogan.

Trust in Keith.

The brief interview on the o/s suggests Hill wanted him back rather than the other way round.

I'm sure all will be explained in due course...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

signing alert on 17:26 - Jul 14 with 2699 views49thseason

signing alert on 17:08 - Jul 14 by SalwaDale

Trust in Keith.

Maybe the bar is set much higher these days at Spotland for incoming players that Hilly actually prefers a youngster who has learned a lot in the last couple of years and understands what is required to contribute to the team rather than an older player who does not seem to be "fixable" or younger players that may not have the work ethic required.
Perhaps the agents have not yet figured out that the days of old lags and wayward kids playing for Rochdale are long gone.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2016 17:30]
signing alert on 17:28 - Jul 14 with 2693 viewsColDale

signing alert on 16:35 - Jul 14 by ChaffRAFC

As alluded to above, its not uncommon for us at this stage of the Summer to be worrying about the state of the squad. There are better people than me who can track back to posts from bygone times, but I bet there are loads from the most rational of posters who go into each season concerned that we're just not good enough, and without exception under Hill, by the end of the season, it's all worked out in the end.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't alone in not jumping for joy at this signing and RBL is not going to be the one to have us kicking on to the next level. But he will be some small part of a bigger plan that Hilly has (and he always has a plan). I know people can say you can't keep pulling rabbits out of the hat, but I'd agree if it was down to luck rather than good management.
signing alert on 17:29 - Jul 14 with 2690 viewsColDale

signing alert on 17:26 - Jul 14 by 49thseason

Maybe the bar is set much higher these days at Spotland for incoming players that Hilly actually prefers a youngster who has learned a lot in the last couple of years and understands what is required to contribute to the team rather than an older player who does not seem to be "fixable" or younger players that may not have the work ethic required.
Perhaps the agents have not yet figured out that the days of old lags and wayward kids playing for Rochdale are long gone.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2016 17:30]

It says a lot that Eccleston and Thompson have had to prove their worth whilst RBL seemingly turns up and gets a deal.
signing alert on 17:39 - Jul 14 with 2651 viewsYouTubeDale

The budget shouldn't have been slashed. We had £1,087,251 in the bank on 31st May 2015 as per the latest published accounts. I know a full season has passed since then and we have paid a chunk for the ground (was it £529k over 9 years at commercial rates, being £59k per year excluding interest ?). So we should still be sat on a wedge because of our prudent nature. Or am I missing something?

Surely our season ticket revenue hasn't fallen off a cliff. It would be good if the club could update us further on that. Assuming we have come close to matching last year's revenue at this time of the year (year on year) then we should have money to spend. Or am I missing something?

And yes, the signing of RNL does raise a few eyebrows. We know he has potential and he is still young but he needs to add so much more. He can shoot and pass but his energy levels needs to be much higher. Donal sets a decent standard re energy and RNL should at least match it.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2016 17:43]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

signing alert on 17:53 - Jul 14 with 2609 viewsjacko_dale

Different cases, but releasing Wiseman then re-signing him didn't work out too badly I suppose. Fingers crossed...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024