Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Mansfield 18:53 - Aug 8 with 19343 views442Dale

Logan on the bench for Mansfield, Bennett and Will Atkinson start.

Dale to follow...

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Mansfield on 23:57 - Aug 8 with 3584 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Mansfield on 23:42 - Aug 8 by Toffeemanc

http://www.skysports.com/football/mansfield-vs-rochdale/report/373876

Cracking strike from Camps. Clumsy challenge by Canavan for the penalty.

It's a weird penalty. Canavan seems to stumble as he tries to block and Rose swings for the ball and misses it completely.
Camps goal is a beauty. The quality of his goals from midfield is exceptional - a superb way to get noticed and as good as Jamie is he just doesn't have the end product of Camps. If we don't get a million + when Callum eventually leaves there is something seriously wrong.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2017 0:05]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Mansfield on 23:58 - Aug 8 with 3584 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread: Mansfield on 21:36 - Aug 8 by DaveDave

The second-round draw takes place live on Sky Sports News this Thursday at around 10pm following the Bury v Sunderland televised tie.

Up the Dale

Sunderland at Home in next round please.
Match thread: Mansfield on 00:00 - Aug 9 with 3573 viewsShun

I haven't seen Nthle play yet but from the highlights he looks to be all over the place at times. Really poor from Canavan for the penalty.
Match thread: Mansfield on 01:22 - Aug 9 with 3469 views1mark1

Beautiful goal.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Match thread: Mansfield on 06:57 - Aug 9 with 3325 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Mansfield on 01:22 - Aug 9 by 1mark1

Beautiful goal.

As good as I was hoping for.

Less said about the pen the better.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Mansfield on 07:01 - Aug 9 with 3321 viewsrochedale

Great goal was that. The penalty was poor and unnessecary, looked to be due to tiredness, clumsiness.

That kit looks really good!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Match thread: Mansfield on 08:19 - Aug 9 with 3150 viewsrkershaw

Match thread: Mansfield on 07:01 - Aug 9 by rochedale

Great goal was that. The penalty was poor and unnessecary, looked to be due to tiredness, clumsiness.

That kit looks really good!

How did Williams play...... looking like he's settling in yet??
Match thread: Mansfield on 09:36 - Aug 9 with 2970 viewsNafelad

Clumsy? Canavan? Never!!

Topcat

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Mansfield on 10:54 - Aug 9 with 2766 viewsColDale

Match thread: Mansfield on 08:19 - Aug 9 by rkershaw

How did Williams play...... looking like he's settling in yet??

Thought he did well. Some of our NL recruits have struggled with the fitness with the step up but so far so good from Williams.
Match thread: Mansfield on 11:31 - Aug 9 with 2680 viewsChaffRAFC

Awful tackle from Canavan. Our defence is a massive issue for me. McNulty and Canavan are poor. Neither are good enough for me. Where is McGahey? Club twitter blatantly ignores questions about it and nobody has the bottle to ask it in interviews. Great finish from Camps.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match thread: Mansfield on 12:04 - Aug 9 with 2596 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Mansfield on 11:31 - Aug 9 by ChaffRAFC

Awful tackle from Canavan. Our defence is a massive issue for me. McNulty and Canavan are poor. Neither are good enough for me. Where is McGahey? Club twitter blatantly ignores questions about it and nobody has the bottle to ask it in interviews. Great finish from Camps.

Perhaps certain questions are being embargoed prior to interviews, for whatever reason. I don't follow twitter, but does our interviewer have an account? What about McGahey?

If McGahey is injured or otherwise indisposed, why this can't be established leaves other alternatives open to question e.g. a falling out with the club, or a transfer deal which requires taking him out of the firing line

Hilly says he's not prepared to have a gun held to his head, but in this instance he's the one creating the threat, when a simple explanation would suffice. Having said that, McGahey will probably return to action without further explanation, but if the club aren't forthcoming, they can't complain if fans seek other means to find out

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Mansfield on 12:09 - Aug 9 with 2577 viewsBrierls

My thoughts on those highlights can be summed up in two sentences...

Fantastic goal from Camps.
Canavan is a joke.
Match thread: Mansfield on 12:26 - Aug 9 with 2528 viewsDale27

Training ground bust up with Raff I have heard, not sure how true it is.
Match thread: Mansfield on 12:45 - Aug 9 with 2471 viewsChaffRAFC

Match thread: Mansfield on 12:26 - Aug 9 by Dale27

This speculation stuff happens when a simple answer can't be given. Fans being treated like we don't matter as usual.

Like the blatant lies in Tenerife when Hendo was on Instagram and a fan asked if we had any trialists and a staff member said no in the background when we clearly did.

Us and them.

Match thread: Mansfield on 13:02 - Aug 9 with 2395 viewsdawlishdale

Match thread: Mansfield on 12:45 - Aug 9 by ChaffRAFC

This speculation stuff happens when a simple answer can't be given. Fans being treated like we don't matter as usual.

Like the blatant lies in Tenerife when Hendo was on Instagram and a fan asked if we had any trialists and a staff member said no in the background when we clearly did.

Us and them.

It's either a weakness in our Media team for not asking the obvious question, or mushroom management by Hilly in keeping us in the dark. I'd have expected a strong media person to have at least asked the question in interview before now, even if it was met with a non committal response.

This "training ground bust up" post is exactly the sort of rumour that can spring up if the club chooses a deafening silence regarding McGahey's absence.
Match thread: Mansfield on 13:07 - Aug 9 with 2375 views1mark1

I agree with much of the above. As good as the the goal was, the penalty give away was awful.
Also agree that away kit looks excellent, and to be honest I wouldn't mind it as a home kit.

Serious question. Did our defence , aside from the terrible penalty giveaway, hold out last night due to performing well, or was it due to ineffective opposition?

Match thread: Mansfield on 13:31 - Aug 9 with 2303 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Mansfield on 12:26 - Aug 9 by Dale27

I've heard he's upset with Hill constantly referring to him as McGahety and has refused to play until this stops.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Mansfield on 13:35 - Aug 9 with 2286 viewsColDale

Match thread: Mansfield on 12:45 - Aug 9 by ChaffRAFC

Us and them.

Think you're being harsh there Chaff.

Rightly or wrongly, KH operates in a way of keeping everything in house, like I'd say most managers tend to do. Personally I don't see an issue with being more transparent about things like injuries, and I agree that in not saying anything, it can lead to rumours but its the way KH wants it at this moment in time (and he may well feel differently 2/3 months into the season). It may be in relation to other leaks, it could be feeling that a game last season was impacted by opposition adjusting due to some knowledge about team affairs, it could be anything - maybe one specific thing or just how he's feeling right now.

This leaves people working for the club slightly hamstrung. The club's twitter isn't a 24hr a day Q&A service, and they'll be asked stuff all the time, probably on stuff that they feel they can't given an answer to. I wouldn't know how many questions they get asked a day but it'll either be routine stuff which is easy to answer or things that's been held back from the public domain for a reason. I'm guessing but its as frustrating for them as it is for supporters.

I'd be surprised (and happy to be proved wrong) if there's another club that is as open with its supporters. Its only been a week when since we had an open forum with the manager, where no question goes unanswered. Its not unusual for KH to ask for things to be kept off the internet but that is usually with regards to other clubs rather than our's. Does make it very harsh to call it "them and us" on the back of not knowing about Harrison McGahey's absence (and whatever happened to RNL for those of us clamouring to know).

What Hilly says and what Hilly thinks isn't always the same thing. In the past 2/3 weeks, he's admitted he didn't recruit well enough to replace Bunney last season, and that late goals and ill discipline were a problem last season. He probably wouldn't have dreamt of saying those things at the time but it's not a case that he's oblivious to the issues. I don't doubt for one moment that if he could strengthen one area it would be the left side of defence, but am guessing we may need to shift Canavan on before we can recruit again, but there'll be no admission to that until its happened.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match thread: Mansfield on 13:54 - Aug 9 with 2216 viewsChaffRAFC

Match thread: Mansfield on 13:35 - Aug 9 by ColDale

Think you're being harsh there Chaff.

Rightly or wrongly, KH operates in a way of keeping everything in house, like I'd say most managers tend to do. Personally I don't see an issue with being more transparent about things like injuries, and I agree that in not saying anything, it can lead to rumours but its the way KH wants it at this moment in time (and he may well feel differently 2/3 months into the season). It may be in relation to other leaks, it could be feeling that a game last season was impacted by opposition adjusting due to some knowledge about team affairs, it could be anything - maybe one specific thing or just how he's feeling right now.

This leaves people working for the club slightly hamstrung. The club's twitter isn't a 24hr a day Q&A service, and they'll be asked stuff all the time, probably on stuff that they feel they can't given an answer to. I wouldn't know how many questions they get asked a day but it'll either be routine stuff which is easy to answer or things that's been held back from the public domain for a reason. I'm guessing but its as frustrating for them as it is for supporters.

I'd be surprised (and happy to be proved wrong) if there's another club that is as open with its supporters. Its only been a week when since we had an open forum with the manager, where no question goes unanswered. Its not unusual for KH to ask for things to be kept off the internet but that is usually with regards to other clubs rather than our's. Does make it very harsh to call it "them and us" on the back of not knowing about Harrison McGahey's absence (and whatever happened to RNL for those of us clamouring to know).

What Hilly says and what Hilly thinks isn't always the same thing. In the past 2/3 weeks, he's admitted he didn't recruit well enough to replace Bunney last season, and that late goals and ill discipline were a problem last season. He probably wouldn't have dreamt of saying those things at the time but it's not a case that he's oblivious to the issues. I don't doubt for one moment that if he could strengthen one area it would be the left side of defence, but am guessing we may need to shift Canavan on before we can recruit again, but there'll be no admission to that until its happened.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Agree with a fair portion of that but in not saying anything, you're leaving yourself open to unnecessary speculation as we've just seen. If he's injured tell us he's injured. If he's not injured then either say he's not injured or even lie and say he is, I'd rather have that than be completely ignored.

I get why KH wants to keep some stuff in house like transfer news but I genuinely think he does it purely because he thinks we don't deserve to know and all it does it gets peoples backs up.

With regards the forum, it was good to get answers but at the same time I can't remember a time where the forum finished as it early as it did that night and certain members of the top table, not Keith Hill in fairness, simply acted as though they couldn't wait to get away and was seen numerous times muttering under his breath at questions.

The RNL thing doesn't make sense either. What is the need in not just saying we offered him a deal but he's not accepted it and draw a line under it. If this carries on we'll have more unanswered questions than LOST.

Our best defender being out for no reason, leaving us with two poor centre backs, one of which gives away a penalty last night in his first game of the season and the other gets turned on the half way line, leading to our fill-in centre half getting sent off only highlights the fact he's missing. A lack of an answer, whatever answer they want to give, only serves to create unnecessary rumours and speculation.

Match thread: Mansfield on 14:32 - Aug 9 with 2120 viewstony_roch975

In his post Mansfield match interview Hill says he's reasonably happy with (defensive) squad depth considering (in addition to Keane) there's McGahey, Bunney & Moore to come back - suggests McGahey is injured.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match thread: Mansfield on 14:34 - Aug 9 with 2110 viewsChaffRAFC

Match thread: Mansfield on 14:32 - Aug 9 by tony_roch975

In his post Mansfield match interview Hill says he's reasonably happy with (defensive) squad depth considering (in addition to Keane) there's McGahey, Bunney & Moore to come back - suggests McGahey is injured.

Then just say he's injured!

Match thread: Mansfield on 15:21 - Aug 9 with 1966 viewsR17ALE

Match thread: Mansfield on 13:07 - Aug 9 by 1mark1

I agree with much of the above. As good as the the goal was, the penalty give away was awful.
Also agree that away kit looks excellent, and to be honest I wouldn't mind it as a home kit.

Serious question. Did our defence , aside from the terrible penalty giveaway, hold out last night due to performing well, or was it due to ineffective opposition?

To answer your question, I thought the defence did ok. We held out pretty comfortably. The only heart in mouth moments came from our inability to clear our lines. For some reason we seem unwilling to launch it when there is doubt in our box.

I was amazed that Mansfield were the bookies favourites this season based on what I saw. They had a small foothold in the game at times, but they reminded me of what we used to be like. They'll point to hitting the post, but had that gone in it would have been the biggest fluke I've ever seen.

Having watched the penalty incident you have to wonder what Canavan was thinking, but we had just failed to clear our lines before he fouled their player. Otherwise I thought he had quite a good game. I thought Raff was a natural at the holding midfielder's role although he'll face much sterner opposition in the League.

I think what we've learned defensively this season is that Keane is still our best defender though he's in danger of serving too many suspensions. We know he isn't the quickest, but he reads the opposition so well, he is in position to intercept in good time. Keane's problem (and no fault of his) is that he can't read his own team as well, so when one of them does something inexplicable (McNulty at Portsmouth, Logan at Southend last season spring to mind), he's out of position, on the wrong foot, and without the pace to cover like Stanton could for McArdle and Reeves did for Butler.

So in my view, we shouldn't be worrying too much about left footers or right footers. I'd like to see an injection of pace in the back two.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Match thread: Mansfield on 15:35 - Aug 9 with 1915 views1mark1

Match thread: Mansfield on 15:21 - Aug 9 by R17ALE

To answer your question, I thought the defence did ok. We held out pretty comfortably. The only heart in mouth moments came from our inability to clear our lines. For some reason we seem unwilling to launch it when there is doubt in our box.

I was amazed that Mansfield were the bookies favourites this season based on what I saw. They had a small foothold in the game at times, but they reminded me of what we used to be like. They'll point to hitting the post, but had that gone in it would have been the biggest fluke I've ever seen.

Having watched the penalty incident you have to wonder what Canavan was thinking, but we had just failed to clear our lines before he fouled their player. Otherwise I thought he had quite a good game. I thought Raff was a natural at the holding midfielder's role although he'll face much sterner opposition in the League.

I think what we've learned defensively this season is that Keane is still our best defender though he's in danger of serving too many suspensions. We know he isn't the quickest, but he reads the opposition so well, he is in position to intercept in good time. Keane's problem (and no fault of his) is that he can't read his own team as well, so when one of them does something inexplicable (McNulty at Portsmouth, Logan at Southend last season spring to mind), he's out of position, on the wrong foot, and without the pace to cover like Stanton could for McArdle and Reeves did for Butler.

So in my view, we shouldn't be worrying too much about left footers or right footers. I'd like to see an injection of pace in the back two.

Thanks for the answer.

Match thread: Mansfield on 17:01 - Aug 9 with 1729 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Mansfield on 15:21 - Aug 9 by R17ALE

I agree.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Mansfield on 17:18 - Aug 9 with 1685 views442Dale

Match thread: Mansfield on 13:54 - Aug 9 by ChaffRAFC

Agree with a fair portion of that but in not saying anything, you're leaving yourself open to unnecessary speculation as we've just seen. If he's injured tell us he's injured. If he's not injured then either say he's not injured or even lie and say he is, I'd rather have that than be completely ignored.

I get why KH wants to keep some stuff in house like transfer news but I genuinely think he does it purely because he thinks we don't deserve to know and all it does it gets peoples backs up.

With regards the forum, it was good to get answers but at the same time I can't remember a time where the forum finished as it early as it did that night and certain members of the top table, not Keith Hill in fairness, simply acted as though they couldn't wait to get away and was seen numerous times muttering under his breath at questions.

The RNL thing doesn't make sense either. What is the need in not just saying we offered him a deal but he's not accepted it and draw a line under it. If this carries on we'll have more unanswered questions than LOST.

Our best defender being out for no reason, leaving us with two poor centre backs, one of which gives away a penalty last night in his first game of the season and the other gets turned on the half way line, leading to our fill-in centre half getting sent off only highlights the fact he's missing. A lack of an answer, whatever answer they want to give, only serves to create unnecessary rumours and speculation.

If the questions were just asked in interviews we'd have an idea. Hill can say "I'm not answering that right now" or take the answer off in a different direction to avoid it.

Quite why the obvious questions aren't asked is the issue, what would stop someone enquiring "what's the injury situation like?" or enquiring about a player? Especially after a game.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024