Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paper interest in Freeman 09:13 - Jul 29 with 62674 viewsbosh67

Apparently West Brom and Boro looking at a bid ITRO £3m for him. Would be a huge loss for us but given what's happened and what we bought him for that would be around a 10 fold return. Depends where we are in terms of being able to fight off bids. I imagine Freeman would be happy to stay as he plays every week here and perhaps the FFP settlement means that we don't have to get picked off by the vultures in terms of selling players. I guess if he does go we have Manning who could play that role and Chair.

Hopefully just press bluster.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 9:13]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:43 - Aug 9 with 2774 viewstimeforheroes

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/hoos-the-loan-window-is-key/
Paper interest in Freeman on 17:45 - Aug 9 with 2748 viewsFearless

Is this real or fake? Fake I assume?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 17:48]
Paper interest in Freeman on 17:54 - Aug 9 with 2631 viewstraininvain

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:43 - Aug 9 by timeforheroes

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/hoos-the-loan-window-is-key/

All looks fairly positive. Kept Freeman. Loan signings will be made before the end of August. I'd imagine Hemed or Martin up front and a centre back.

Not a bad end to a day when we could've lost Freeman. Onwards and upwards.
Paper interest in Freeman on 18:01 - Aug 9 with 2540 viewsDejR_vu

Well, at least we managed to resist the temptation to give anyone else away for a packet of Chewits. Small positive salvaged from the wreckage.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Paper interest in Freeman on 18:02 - Aug 9 with 2536 viewsjoolsyp

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:37 - Aug 9 by VancouverHoop

Putting on my best Pollyanna smile...

As a club we know how to survive this division, in a sense it's kinda our home. That's not insignificant. Most (OK not all) clubs who get relegated have either just come up or just come down. A squad like ours, if coached and managed properly, should be better placed than most of them to understand what's required.

I like the cut of your jib VancouverHoop. It's an optimistic jib but I like it nonetheless.

p.s fancy a Whitecaps game soon? Langara are doing 30% off alumni and staff deals.
Paper interest in Freeman on 18:14 - Aug 9 with 2443 viewsloftus77

My take on it all. I think the way the club has handled this transfer window sums up the way it has conducted itself since relegation in 2015 — in an exemplary, prudent and forward-thinking manner.

Its work in the community, its realistic on-field ambitions and plans for the future (yes, including Warren Farm, OOC. LCS etc) all point to a leadership and management team that really understands where the club is and where it wants to go. I don’t see many clubs that have been run better than QPR in the last 3 years.

Now, the way the club was run from 1995-2015 (yep, that’s 2 decades), that’s an entirely different matter altogether IMHO. I guess it takes more than 3 years to detoxify the mistakes of 20. And the ‘bill’ came in the form of FFP which the club now has to deal with.

I guess the question we are all posing now is this - over the next 2/3 years, is the club budgeting its plans based on staying in the Championship or is it sanctioning, in financial terms, a demotion to League One (in effect, staying in the 2nd tier becomes a ‘bonus’, not a ‘given’)?

Because the difficulty is, IMHO, that The Championship is clearly no longer a ‘recuperation league’ — there are too many clubs with financial clout that we literally, under FFP, can’t compete with at the moment (even Ipswich, Blackburn, Preston and Sheff Utd are muscling in with the Premier League wannabes ‘Boro, Forest, Villa et al). Surely the club, run sensibly, can’t now be gambling on Championship survival under Steve - that would just be a repeat of the risks of recent years leading to probable disaster. I would have thought that we are adopting a League One financial model if the worst happens and if it doesn't (fingers crossed), its a bonus. We'll see.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 18:17]
Paper interest in Freeman on 18:15 - Aug 9 with 2432 viewsNorthernr

Paper interest in Freeman on 21:58 - Aug 8 by Lblock

So long Luke, we’ll miss you, quite significantly this season I think.

Not because you’ve gone which is “the QPR way now” (ie sell to a rival and significantly improve them); but because we seem patently unable to replace you or use your fee to improve other obviously weak areas.

I fully accept the need to buy low sell high, always was my mantra, and I’d accept £6.5Mill

I caveat that with the above, currently that fee would mean Bungle is £10Mill closer to having paid off the fine that he is 100% responsible for.

Boring following this club ..... it ain’t!!!

Do you want to wave him back in?
Paper interest in Freeman on 18:24 - Aug 9 with 2361 viewsMyke

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:54 - Aug 9 by traininvain

All looks fairly positive. Kept Freeman. Loan signings will be made before the end of August. I'd imagine Hemed or Martin up front and a centre back.

To be honest if Boro were heading towards 5 mill territory (or even 4,5 m) for all the reasons I outlined in previous post (about 5 pages back now!) Safe to say (A) he will not be as influential on the wing as he was through the centre , he became disillusioned at Bristol for just that reason (B) he is keeping out a really fine player in Smyth) and (C) he will never be worth this much again
Login to get fewer ads

Paper interest in Freeman on 18:27 - Aug 9 with 2338 viewsLblock

Paper interest in Freeman on 18:15 - Aug 9 by Northernr

Do you want to wave him back in?

Love it

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Paper interest in Freeman on 18:30 - Aug 9 with 2316 viewsLblock

Paper interest in Freeman on 17:54 - Aug 9 by traininvain

So you're of the belief that the club will be able to actually get their loan targets over the line in the next three weeks whereas they failed miserably with every single rumoured (I stress rumoured) target since July???
Why is that?

You're also confident that Freeman and whoever else "bids came in for" wont actually leave in the next three weeks as loans with a view to permanent?

My cup is always half empty but come on, sometimes the past is an indicator as to what the future path may have.

Paper interest in Freeman on 18:32 - Aug 9 with 2300 viewskensalriser

Think Northern's comment one of the most salient in all 16 pages - does Freeman want to go or not? If not then unless Boro were offering a silly uplift on his wages, he's staying put.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Paper interest in Freeman on 18:33 - Aug 9 with 2294 viewsessextaxiboy

Could he still go on loan, with them paying a loan fee until he signs permanently in Jan ?
Paper interest in Freeman on 18:33 - Aug 9 with 2287 viewsMytch_QPR

Paper interest in Freeman on 18:30 - Aug 9 by Lblock

So you're of the belief that the club will be able to actually get their loan targets over the line in the next three weeks whereas they failed miserably with every single rumoured (I stress rumoured) target since July???
Why is that?

You're also confident that Freeman and whoever else "bids came in for" wont actually leave in the next three weeks as loans with a view to permanent?

My cup is always half empty but come on, sometimes the past is an indicator as to what the future path may have.

Why is that?

Financial prudence, for a start - rather than outbidding other clubs and ending up with spiralling wage bills / debts as well as a massive squad and overpaid players kicking about in the reserves.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Paper interest in Freeman on 18:36 - Aug 9 with 2265 viewssmegma

SIXTEEN pages on something that has yet to happen and could possibly not happen this year. Do carry on as if you know what you're talking about.

Or making up.
Paper interest in Freeman on 18:38 - Aug 9 with 2249 viewsNW10Hoop

Paper interest in Freeman on 18:32 - Aug 9 by kensalriser

Think Northern's comment one of the most salient in all 16 pages - does Freeman want to go or not? If not then unless Boro were offering a silly uplift on his wages, he's staying put.

Yeah I thought our pulling power on getting him to the club was that he wanted to come home to London.

I hope he’s content at the club and continues to be one of our best.
Paper interest in Freeman on 18:44 - Aug 9 with 2192 viewstraininvain

Why is that?

The article with quotes from Hoos seems to suggest that we will be active in the loan market and won’t be loaning out any of our key players.

Hoos doesn’t strike me as someone prone to making things up but I suppose there’s a chance we might not agree any deals for the players identified as being loan targets.

Ultimately, that’s how we are operating now following FFP and the sooner we get used to it the better.
Paper interest in Freeman on 19:02 - Aug 9 with 2084 viewsNorthernr

Why is that?

So from waving him on his way this morning the relief that actually we didn't sell him lasted all of 90 minutes before a fresh panic about a loan deal that would be in nobody's interests and has never been mentioned?
Paper interest in Freeman on 19:39 - Aug 9 with 1929 viewsLblock

Paper interest in Freeman on 19:02 - Aug 9 by Northernr

So from waving him on his way this morning the relief that actually we didn't sell him lasted all of 90 minutes before a fresh panic about a loan deal that would be in nobody's interests and has never been mentioned?

Love it

Paper interest in Freeman on 19:45 - Aug 9 with 1886 viewsPunteR

Its hardly a surprise fans were massively concerned about Freeman going and not getting decent money for him when a few weeks ago we lost Smithies.
Lets hope Maclaren can coach these players into better players and we have a decent season. By decent i mean better than the last 4.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Paper interest in Freeman on 19:50 - Aug 9 with 1868 viewsdistortR

Paper interest in Freeman on 19:45 - Aug 9 by PunteR

Its hardly a surprise fans were massively concerned about Freeman going and not getting decent money for him when a few weeks ago we lost Smithies.
Lets hope Maclaren can coach these players into better players and we have a decent season. By decent i mean better than the last 4.

by 'better than the last 4', do you mean better than the last 4 seasons, or 5th from bottom?
Paper interest in Freeman on 19:52 - Aug 9 with 1857 viewsPunteR

Paper interest in Freeman on 19:50 - Aug 9 by distortR

by 'better than the last 4', do you mean better than the last 4 seasons, or 5th from bottom?

either works for me :)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Paper interest in Freeman on 19:59 - Aug 9 with 1838 viewsvegasranger

If we were really being so financially prudent why have we got both Hoos and Ferdinand? So now we've gone from getting signings in early , to now looking at the loan market. Something I could swear the club said it wasn't going to do moving forward. Clubs a mess.
Paper interest in Freeman on 20:22 - Aug 9 with 1776 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Paper interest in Freeman on 18:14 - Aug 9 by loftus77

My take on it all. I think the way the club has handled this transfer window sums up the way it has conducted itself since relegation in 2015 — in an exemplary, prudent and forward-thinking manner.

Its work in the community, its realistic on-field ambitions and plans for the future (yes, including Warren Farm, OOC. LCS etc) all point to a leadership and management team that really understands where the club is and where it wants to go. I don’t see many clubs that have been run better than QPR in the last 3 years.

Now, the way the club was run from 1995-2015 (yep, that’s 2 decades), that’s an entirely different matter altogether IMHO. I guess it takes more than 3 years to detoxify the mistakes of 20. And the ‘bill’ came in the form of FFP which the club now has to deal with.

I guess the question we are all posing now is this - over the next 2/3 years, is the club budgeting its plans based on staying in the Championship or is it sanctioning, in financial terms, a demotion to League One (in effect, staying in the 2nd tier becomes a ‘bonus’, not a ‘given’)?

Because the difficulty is, IMHO, that The Championship is clearly no longer a ‘recuperation league’ — there are too many clubs with financial clout that we literally, under FFP, can’t compete with at the moment (even Ipswich, Blackburn, Preston and Sheff Utd are muscling in with the Premier League wannabes ‘Boro, Forest, Villa et al). Surely the club, run sensibly, can’t now be gambling on Championship survival under Steve - that would just be a repeat of the risks of recent years leading to probable disaster. I would have thought that we are adopting a League One financial model if the worst happens and if it doesn't (fingers crossed), its a bonus. We'll see.

Excellent post, 77.

The last two paragraphs are food for thought.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Paper interest in Freeman on 20:27 - Aug 9 with 1749 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Paper interest in Freeman on 19:59 - Aug 9 by vegasranger

If we were really being so financially prudent why have we got both Hoos and Ferdinand? So now we've gone from getting signings in early , to now looking at the loan market. Something I could swear the club said it wasn't going to do moving forward. Clubs a mess.

Hiring Hoos and Ferdinand is the epitome of financial prudence, their good work has saved us many multiples of their wages, so they've paid their way and then some.

As for the loans, I'm not a huge fan, but I can live with it now. Warnock was opposed to loads of loans, which was fair enough. Now we're only taking about a couple of loans and they would join a solid core that is stable and hard-working. I can live with that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Paper interest in Freeman on 21:36 - Aug 9 with 1617 viewsHunterhoop

Paper interest in Freeman on 18:14 - Aug 9 by loftus77

Excellent post.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024