Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Manager Please.. 21:35 - Nov 27 with 9422 viewsdale1968

44 Years and I have never felt as I do now about a manager of this club.
On paper I believe we have a very good Squad however the Managers Tactics and lack of being able to admit he gets things wrong have made me come to the conclusion that despite all he has done for this club, I think we need to bring a new Man in..

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

New Manager Please.. on 06:13 - Nov 28 with 2463 viewssmaclad1

Not been in this camp before, but for the first time I'm beginning to think that maybe, you know, it might be, all things considered...

FFS Keith - get a bleedin' grip of yourself and sort it!
New Manager Please.. on 07:35 - Nov 28 with 2353 viewsfitzochris

Removing any partisanship I have towards the manager and club, and looking at it solely from an analytical point of view, a manager who is slagging the fans off, belittling people for questioning his selection and system, allied to a second successive poor season due to his recruitment and selections, would be in a precarious position at any other club.

It’s an odd one, because when he first got us promoted, we’d be delighted to be where we are in the table right now. I still remember the chants of “the Dale are staying up” after the second game of the season. Interestingly, Hill took exception to that, saying we should have more ambition.

And I guess there is the problem. That ambition has gone from him but not from us. The swashbuckling sides he used to put out have been replaced by something more turgid. It’s like he’s read a book by Klopp, Mourinho and Pochettino and rolled everything into one... without the personnel.

Now we have a toxic atmosphere but we are still too scared to lose him. Like a girlfriend who used to show you a good time, but now you’re married with kids and you’re both always “too tired”. You cling to the hope of recapturing the early days, but deep down you know they’re gone.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New Manager Please.. on 07:49 - Nov 28 with 2317 viewsnordenblue

New Manager Please.. on 07:35 - Nov 28 by fitzochris

Removing any partisanship I have towards the manager and club, and looking at it solely from an analytical point of view, a manager who is slagging the fans off, belittling people for questioning his selection and system, allied to a second successive poor season due to his recruitment and selections, would be in a precarious position at any other club.

It’s an odd one, because when he first got us promoted, we’d be delighted to be where we are in the table right now. I still remember the chants of “the Dale are staying up” after the second game of the season. Interestingly, Hill took exception to that, saying we should have more ambition.

And I guess there is the problem. That ambition has gone from him but not from us. The swashbuckling sides he used to put out have been replaced by something more turgid. It’s like he’s read a book by Klopp, Mourinho and Pochettino and rolled everything into one... without the personnel.

Now we have a toxic atmosphere but we are still too scared to lose him. Like a girlfriend who used to show you a good time, but now you’re married with kids and you’re both always “too tired”. You cling to the hope of recapturing the early days, but deep down you know they’re gone.

A superb post Fitz, There's some extreme views either side of the scale on this forum alone, but when fans aren't turning up to games after being slagged off previously there's a real problem that someone within the club needs to stamp all over.

There's many games this season I personally could have easily attended yet chose not to,something I wouldn't have dreamed of a couple of seasons ago, yet now it's very easy not to bother and can safely say I've got out of the habit too,my brother took his son to the Accrington game and having heard Hillys bell end comments post match he's deciding not to bother either unless he's got literally nothing else going on.

We've got a chairman who hides away from confrontation and a manager who can't keep his mouth shut and behaves like he's untouchable,it's a dangerous combination.
New Manager Please.. on 07:51 - Nov 28 with 2314 viewsDaleiLama

After reading your and DA's posts, it's time to put some Leonard Cohen on to cheer me up. I don't disagree with either post by the way. I do wonder if the process is irreversible though?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

New Manager Please.. on 08:03 - Nov 28 with 2278 viewsBazzanne

New Manager Please.. on 00:32 - Nov 28 by scarrow

Alan Buckley
Steve Eyre
John Coleman

christ I’d have Hill ahead of these every time.

He has a lot of questions to answer that is for sure and his tactics tonight were baffling and he hasn’t sorted out the defensive frailties which are so obvious but to say in 44 years this is the worst you’ve felt about a manager is ridiculous

Why do people always trot out the failed ex Dale managers names. There are others out there who may just recruit better than the last 2 years, and also select a better team than the rubbish of last night. I've had enough of KH, and please stop this talk of punching above our weight, we are in league 1 because we won the right to be here. Get some ambition for Pete's sake.
New Manager Please.. on 08:04 - Nov 28 with 2275 views442Dale

New Manager Please.. on 07:49 - Nov 28 by nordenblue

A superb post Fitz, There's some extreme views either side of the scale on this forum alone, but when fans aren't turning up to games after being slagged off previously there's a real problem that someone within the club needs to stamp all over.

There's many games this season I personally could have easily attended yet chose not to,something I wouldn't have dreamed of a couple of seasons ago, yet now it's very easy not to bother and can safely say I've got out of the habit too,my brother took his son to the Accrington game and having heard Hillys bell end comments post match he's deciding not to bother either unless he's got literally nothing else going on.

We've got a chairman who hides away from confrontation and a manager who can't keep his mouth shut and behaves like he's untouchable,it's a dangerous combination.

There is an attitude issue throughout the club that is eroding the fundamental instincts of supporters who would, in the main, do anything to see their club progress.

Those who this applies to will know they are doing this yet continue to believe it’s acceptable to continue on their chosen path.

On their heads be it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New Manager Please.. on 08:12 - Nov 28 with 2254 viewsKnowlesy

New Manager Please.. on 08:03 - Nov 28 by Bazzanne

Why do people always trot out the failed ex Dale managers names. There are others out there who may just recruit better than the last 2 years, and also select a better team than the rubbish of last night. I've had enough of KH, and please stop this talk of punching above our weight, we are in league 1 because we won the right to be here. Get some ambition for Pete's sake.

Agreed. Of course there have been worse managers, he's not the worst we've ever had obviously and nobody is saying that.

It's the atmosphere, the waste of good players (Cannon, Clough) whilst persisting with others (Wilbraham, Williams), changing (drastically) a winning side, berating the fans, creating an 'us and them' attitude almost amongst the club's staff and the fans.

I'll be relieved if he goes. No players will go with him, and if they do, they're still under contract so they'll go for a fee. Knowing Hill's thought process though, he'll take Jordan Williams and Camps with him and as far as I'm concerned he's welcome to them.

I've said it before on here, we might get someone in who's worse but we'd have to trust the board to recruit properly and not on the cheap. If we do that, along with telling applicants that the expectation will still be there to bring youth team players through, then I'm sure we'll be OK.
New Manager Please.. on 08:50 - Nov 28 with 2162 viewsMoonyDale

New Manager Please.. on 21:42 - Nov 27 by dingdangblue

How do you know he's not going to admit he got it wrong tonight?

Hope youre not holding your breath still.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Login to get fewer ads

New Manager Please.. on 08:51 - Nov 28 with 2154 viewsdingdangblue

Has Hill become bored of Dale? He just wants out but is tied in by his contract now? Dale won't sack him or pay him off and any clubs who might want him are put off by the compensation package (there were the stories from Shrewsbury that they were interested in Hill but wouldn't pay for him) - I don't know what the hell is going on but Randall starting last night and all the other changes from a winning team just don't make any sense at all. For me Oxford away is a tougher fixture than Accrington at home (no matter what the table says) - Hill treated last night like a Checkatrade trophy fixture - not a fixture we needed to get a positive result in.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

New Manager Please.. on 08:58 - Nov 28 with 2134 viewsMoonyDale

New Manager Please.. on 08:51 - Nov 28 by dingdangblue

Has Hill become bored of Dale? He just wants out but is tied in by his contract now? Dale won't sack him or pay him off and any clubs who might want him are put off by the compensation package (there were the stories from Shrewsbury that they were interested in Hill but wouldn't pay for him) - I don't know what the hell is going on but Randall starting last night and all the other changes from a winning team just don't make any sense at all. For me Oxford away is a tougher fixture than Accrington at home (no matter what the table says) - Hill treated last night like a Checkatrade trophy fixture - not a fixture we needed to get a positive result in.

He could do the honourable thing and walk, like thats ever gonna happen......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

New Manager Please.. on 09:04 - Nov 28 with 2121 viewsDaleFan7

Like other people have said. Is it a coincidence that he hasn't been majorly linked with other jobs or already left for a team with a bigger budget than us?

I don't think so personally.
New Manager Please.. on 09:11 - Nov 28 with 2099 viewsdingdangblue

New Manager Please.. on 08:58 - Nov 28 by MoonyDale

He could do the honourable thing and walk, like thats ever gonna happen......

I would imagine there are penalties installed into the contract to stop him quitting - there is no way he would pay Dale to jack it in. Everyone knows I'm pro Hill - but even I can't get my head around last nights events, the team selection and post match interview just looks like he is trying to force the issue. I reckon he would have been interested in the Shrewsbury job.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

New Manager Please.. on 10:03 - Nov 28 with 1994 views1949er

New Manager Please.. on 00:12 - Nov 28 by BlueDales

If we were to change manager, who would you be wanting to bring in? Throw some names out there...:

Steve Watson with Peter Beardsley

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

New Manager Please.. on 10:24 - Nov 28 with 1955 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

New Manager Please.. on 08:04 - Nov 28 by 442Dale

There is an attitude issue throughout the club that is eroding the fundamental instincts of supporters who would, in the main, do anything to see their club progress.

Those who this applies to will know they are doing this yet continue to believe it’s acceptable to continue on their chosen path.

On their heads be it.

It may just be coincidence but it seems to have nose dived since Colin Garlick left. I thought he was always the one who spoke well on matters concerning the finances and the club in general. He was one who stood out in my eyes that portrayed everything that was good about my beloved club, but it has come as a great shock to me that I am rapidly falling out of love with RAFC and, health issues apart, I really have to drag myself to games rather than looking forward to seeing my team and friends who too had a similar rapport. Something is definitely wrong at the club for me to feel so detached and I`m pretty sure its nothing to do with old age.
New Manager Please.. on 11:04 - Nov 28 with 1874 viewsSandyman

Plot lost

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/november/hill--postoxford_27.11.18/
New Manager Please.. on 11:21 - Nov 28 with 1845 viewskel

New Manager Please.. on 10:03 - Nov 28 by 1949er

Steve Watson with Peter Beardsley

As in the Peter Beardsley still suspended by Newcastle? That would go down superbly with the snowflakes on here.
New Manager Please.. on 11:22 - Nov 28 with 1841 viewsScunnydale

New Manager Please.. on 11:21 - Nov 28 by kel

As in the Peter Beardsley still suspended by Newcastle? That would go down superbly with the snowflakes on here.

As long as he brings his joke book along, he'll be welcomed by me.
New Manager Please.. on 11:24 - Nov 28 with 1834 viewskel

New Manager Please.. on 11:22 - Nov 28 by Scunnydale

As long as he brings his joke book along, he'll be welcomed by me.

Indeed
New Manager Please.. on 11:29 - Nov 28 with 1816 viewsJames1980

Said it before but I genuinely think the 5 year contract was so there was decent compensation when another club came in for Hill after the 16/17 season.

However either no club put an offer in or they were not prepared to pay the compensation due.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

New Manager Please.. on 11:42 - Nov 28 with 1792 viewsSandyman

New Manager Please.. on 11:29 - Nov 28 by James1980

Said it before but I genuinely think the 5 year contract was so there was decent compensation when another club came in for Hill after the 16/17 season.

However either no club put an offer in or they were not prepared to pay the compensation due.

Obviously. I wonder what clauses were inserted into that contract to protect RAFC in the event of Hill's work being unsatisfactory? Doubt we'll ever know but surely the club must have some protection?
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 12:06]
New Manager Please.. on 11:56 - Nov 28 with 1758 viewsJames1980

New Manager Please.. on 11:42 - Nov 28 by Sandyman

Obviously. I wonder what clauses were inserted into that contract to protect RAFC in the event of Hill's work being unsatisfactory? Doubt we'll ever know but surely the club must have some protection?
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 12:06]

Unless they didn't think they would be needed, thinking he was such hot property post 15/16 and 17/18 seasons that it was unlikely he would still be Dale's gaffer for very long.

The alternative could be that the 5 year contract was for budgeting and stability reasons

New Manager Please.. on 12:56 - Nov 28 with 1666 viewselectricblue

New Manager Please.. on 00:12 - Nov 28 by BlueDales

If we were to change manager, who would you be wanting to bring in? Throw some names out there...:

Jim Bentley but compo would be required...

Or

Mark Warburton is another to consider...

But can Dale really afford to pay off hills contract and then possibly pay compo for another manager..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

New Manager Please.. on 13:04 - Nov 28 with 1639 viewsChaffRAFC

Absolutely tremendous post.

Nail on head.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

New Manager Please.. on 13:06 - Nov 28 with 1629 viewsrochdale_ranger

We all know if Hill went Beech would get the job. Dunphy wouldn’t spend money on his own funeral.
New Manager Please.. on 13:08 - Nov 28 with 1622 viewsJames1980

Could slagging off the fans be classed as bringing the club into disrepute and therefore a breach of contract?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024