Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Manager Please.. 21:35 - Nov 27 with 9419 viewsdale1968

44 Years and I have never felt as I do now about a manager of this club.
On paper I believe we have a very good Squad however the Managers Tactics and lack of being able to admit he gets things wrong have made me come to the conclusion that despite all he has done for this club, I think we need to bring a new Man in..

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

New Manager Please.. on 13:49 - Nov 28 with 2141 viewselectricblue

New Manager Please.. on 13:06 - Nov 28 by rochdale_ranger

We all know if Hill went Beech would get the job. Dunphy wouldn’t spend money on his own funeral.

That is a possibility..
Beech had a temp stint and was that enough for him to get the job...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

New Manager Please.. on 14:07 - Nov 28 with 2079 viewsnordenblue

New Manager Please.. on 11:42 - Nov 28 by Sandyman

Obviously. I wonder what clauses were inserted into that contract to protect RAFC in the event of Hill's work being unsatisfactory? Doubt we'll ever know but surely the club must have some protection?
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 12:06]

Anyone with half a brain would put some performance/conduct related clause in there,surely?
New Manager Please.. on 14:30 - Nov 28 with 2021 viewsDaleiLama

New Manager Please.. on 13:06 - Nov 28 by rochdale_ranger

We all know if Hill went Beech would get the job. Dunphy wouldn’t spend money on his own funeral.

Technically, if held in a church signed up to his after sales heating service, he might be making money on it?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

New Manager Please.. on 14:53 - Nov 28 with 1982 views442Dale

New Manager Please.. on 10:24 - Nov 28 by RooleyMoorBlue

It may just be coincidence but it seems to have nose dived since Colin Garlick left. I thought he was always the one who spoke well on matters concerning the finances and the club in general. He was one who stood out in my eyes that portrayed everything that was good about my beloved club, but it has come as a great shock to me that I am rapidly falling out of love with RAFC and, health issues apart, I really have to drag myself to games rather than looking forward to seeing my team and friends who too had a similar rapport. Something is definitely wrong at the club for me to feel so detached and I`m pretty sure its nothing to do with old age.

The fixture board this afternoon states our next game is against Accrington. Small things that may not matter to some give a good indication around overall attitude.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New Manager Please.. on 15:13 - Nov 28 with 1937 viewsTVOS1907

New Manager Please.. on 12:56 - Nov 28 by electricblue

Jim Bentley but compo would be required...

Or

Mark Warburton is another to consider...

But can Dale really afford to pay off hills contract and then possibly pay compo for another manager..

Good one.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New Manager Please.. on 15:19 - Nov 28 with 1927 viewsrochdaleriddler

New Manager Please.. on 13:08 - Nov 28 by James1980

Could slagging off the fans be classed as bringing the club into disrepute and therefore a breach of contract?

I put that view a while ago, and generally people on here thought he wasn’t doing that. I think he must be just given free reign to do as he likes, with none of the governance rules and niceties applying to him

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

New Manager Please.. on 16:02 - Nov 28 with 1848 viewsD_Alien

New Manager Please.. on 14:30 - Nov 28 by DaleiLama

Technically, if held in a church signed up to his after sales heating service, he might be making money on it?

Where there's a will there's a way

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New Manager Please.. on 16:06 - Nov 28 with 1839 viewsMoonyDale

New Manager Please.. on 16:02 - Nov 28 by D_Alien

Where there's a will there's a way

Or a relative.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Login to get fewer ads

New Manager Please.. on 18:02 - Nov 28 with 1699 viewsEllDale

For a while now I have been thinking that Hill sees himself as a new Dario Gradi (in the football sense that is).

The first team doesn't really matter as long as you churn out young players with potential and gain a reputation for the excellence of your academy.
New Manager Please.. on 18:30 - Nov 28 with 1619 viewssmaclad1

Just chucked my notice in at work so unless something else shows up smart-ish I'll be available by Christmas. Where do I apply?
New Manager Please.. on 20:44 - Nov 28 with 1438 viewskel

New Manager Please.. on 14:53 - Nov 28 by 442Dale

The fixture board this afternoon states our next game is against Accrington. Small things that may not matter to some give a good indication around overall attitude.

And was the same tonight at around 7pm. And not to mention it actually shows the wrong date for the Accy game which was played on the 24th and not the 23rd as advertised. It needs ripping down because they really couldn’t give a toss.
New Manager Please.. on 21:02 - Nov 28 with 1388 views442Dale

New Manager Please.. on 20:44 - Nov 28 by kel

And was the same tonight at around 7pm. And not to mention it actually shows the wrong date for the Accy game which was played on the 24th and not the 23rd as advertised. It needs ripping down because they really couldn’t give a toss.

And to think, we’re meant to believe things have improved down the years.

Nothing will change (certainly not the date) until there’s a willingness to say they have to.

New Manager Please.. on 21:11 - Nov 28 with 1364 viewsrochdale_ranger

New Manager Please.. on 13:08 - Nov 28 by James1980

Could slagging off the fans be classed as bringing the club into disrepute and therefore a breach of contract?

No but spelling players names wrong is a massive faux pas and a sign of disrespect.
New Manager Please.. on 21:30 - Nov 28 with 1324 viewsJames1980

New Manager Please.. on 21:11 - Nov 28 by rochdale_ranger

No but spelling players names wrong is a massive faux pas and a sign of disrespect.

I blame autocorrect

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

New Manager Please.. on 12:23 - Nov 29 with 1077 viewsTomRAFC

There's some brilliant contributions on this thread that sum up what I'm feeling in far better words than I could probably choose myself.

We all love Keith for what he has done for the club, but there isn't any sign that we have any sense of direction back towards a certain way of doing things.

I don't think I felt as bothered by some of Hill's comments as others, but the combination of his team selection/post-match interview from the Oxford game has left me leaning towards wanting a replacement.

We don't have a bad squad by any means, but the tactics and bizarre tinkering, combined with what looks like significantly reduced fitness compared to past lineups, have got me doubting Keith's ability to work with what he's got in order to turn this around.

This Keith isn't the Keith who brought the "no fear" success of the past, so it's becoming harder to take past glory into account when considering whether he should stay or go.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

New Manager Please.. on 12:47 - Nov 29 with 1035 viewsYorkshire_Dale

New Manager Please.. on 18:30 - Nov 28 by smaclad1

Just chucked my notice in at work so unless something else shows up smart-ish I'll be available by Christmas. Where do I apply?

Have you got Badges though?......(not scout ones).......do you have a big ego to match?

You'll do!
[Post edited 29 Nov 2018 14:05]
New Manager Please.. on 15:50 - Nov 29 with 933 viewswimborne_dale

The thing is, suppose we go down this season. If there's one manager you'd back to get us a quick return to Div 1, one man with a track record, who knows Dale and whom we can afford to pay...

Edgar Allan's Crow

New Manager Please.. on 16:15 - Nov 29 with 895 viewsdiver

John Askey available
New Manager Please.. on 16:34 - Nov 29 with 860 viewsrochdaleriddler

New Manager Please.. on 15:50 - Nov 29 by wimborne_dale

The thing is, suppose we go down this season. If there's one manager you'd back to get us a quick return to Div 1, one man with a track record, who knows Dale and whom we can afford to pay...

Why would he be able to change things around next year when he hasn’t for the past 2?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

New Manager Please.. on 16:46 - Nov 29 with 834 viewsJames1980

New Manager Please.. on 16:34 - Nov 29 by rochdaleriddler

Why would he be able to change things around next year when he hasn’t for the past 2?

But we haven't been trying to get back into League One for the past 2 years

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

New Manager Please.. on 17:42 - Nov 29 with 739 viewsdingdangblue

New Manager Please.. on 16:34 - Nov 29 by rochdaleriddler

Not entirely true or we would have been relegated last season - instead our last 16 games was more like promotion form and we had some great wins v Peterborough,Shrewsbury,Rotherham,Walsall,bury and Charlton.
Even this season for all the doom and gloom and Hill not getting things right just yet we have had some good wins and good performances and as yet we are still outside the bottom 7 and 6 points clear of the drop zone. Yes it could be a lot better but it also could be an awful lot worse!
[Post edited 29 Nov 2018 17:45]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

New Manager Please.. on 18:02 - Nov 29 with 704 viewsSalwaDale

I am, and probably always will be, against ever sacking Keith Hill. The greatest manager we have ever had by far.

However, his interviews that always used to entertain me often annoy me now as he does tend to treat those listening as though they are utterly stupid. He is a master at saying lots without saying anything and it does seem that something has gone sour for him. We have a squad that is too big with some very odd chopping and changing that we often can't fathom out. I know Keith doesn't think he ever needs to explain things to non football people but it would be nice to feel we are all in this together.

Having said that, I still think he is the best manager for us and I'd be gutted if he went.

TBBT

New Manager Please.. on 18:03 - Nov 29 with 702 viewsBartRowou

New Manager Please.. on 17:42 - Nov 29 by dingdangblue

Not entirely true or we would have been relegated last season - instead our last 16 games was more like promotion form and we had some great wins v Peterborough,Shrewsbury,Rotherham,Walsall,bury and Charlton.
Even this season for all the doom and gloom and Hill not getting things right just yet we have had some good wins and good performances and as yet we are still outside the bottom 7 and 6 points clear of the drop zone. Yes it could be a lot better but it also could be an awful lot worse!

Re: the comments on Radio Manchester

The bloke who does the match reports is John Gilder, a die-hard Oldham fan. When he asks Hill about the crowd, does he do it for a reaction (which he certainly got on Saturday and which has really riled many on here) or is he just doing his job?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

New Manager Please.. on 18:10 - Nov 29 with 680 views442Dale

New Manager Please.. on 18:03 - Nov 29 by BartRowou

Re: the comments on Radio Manchester

The bloke who does the match reports is John Gilder, a die-hard Oldham fan. When he asks Hill about the crowd, does he do it for a reaction (which he certainly got on Saturday and which has really riled many on here) or is he just doing his job?

The tone of his voice said it all.

The club should be disappointed with the situation and have expressed this to Wagg and his pals.

New Manager Please.. on 18:10 - Nov 29 with 680 viewskiwidale

New Manager Please.. on 17:42 - Nov 29 by dingdangblue

I've enjoyed reading this thread some very good posts both for and against. I have noticed a change in the mood of even the staunchest of Hill supporters also very surprised when one regular poster posted Hill out. My position remains one of indifference I'm not in the Hill out camp but I'm slowly getting there. Its not the results per se or the quality of performance its the bizarre selections and unfathomable logic behind them that was highlighted v Oxford. His after match analysis was idiotic no other words for it. There is evidence that Hill is under pressure the next few weeks will be interesting. I wouldn't surprise me If we beat Portsmouth it also wouldn't surprise me if we are in a relegation fight come the new year, something that will test the resolve of the most ardent of Hill supporters.

This is not the time for bickering.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024