Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simply put he has to go. 17:48 - Jan 1 with 10542 viewskiwidale

The club is in turmoil both on and off the pitch toxic would be an understatement, If Hill is still in a job tomorrow then resign yourself for the inevitable and accept that something undesirable cannot be avoided.

This is not the time for bickering.

Simply put he has to go. on 17:51 - Jan 1 with 5253 viewsscarrow

Who would you have in then. Problems yes but there's no guarantees that binning him would do anything

Poll: Final position

Simply put he has to go. on 17:53 - Jan 1 with 5216 viewsregjenkins

Not a supporters role in life to tell anyone who should be the next Dale manager, thats the boards role.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Simply put he has to go. on 17:54 - Jan 1 with 5201 viewsrochdaleriddler

Simply put he has to go. on 17:51 - Jan 1 by scarrow

Who would you have in then. Problems yes but there's no guarantees that binning him would do anything

Rolf Harris

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Simply put he has to go. on 17:55 - Jan 1 with 5158 viewsrichfoad32

There's always the albatross of the 5 year contract as well. Can we afford to bin him off?
Simply put he has to go. on 17:56 - Jan 1 with 5139 viewsKenBoon

Already a thread for this. It’s a cheery place too. https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/234399/hills-last-game....
Simply put he has to go. on 17:58 - Jan 1 with 5111 viewsD_Alien

Simply put he has to go. on 17:53 - Jan 1 by regjenkins

Not a supporters role in life to tell anyone who should be the next Dale manager, thats the boards role.

Has the newly-formed board either got their act together yet, or does it have the collective experience for the job? No disagreement with your first point, btw

[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 17:59]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Simply put he has to go. on 18:00 - Jan 1 with 5057 viewsMoonyDale

Simply put he has to go. on 17:58 - Jan 1 by D_Alien

Has the newly-formed board either got their act together yet, or does it have the collective experience for the job? No disagreement with your first point, btw

[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 17:59]

More importantly D-A do they have the balls?

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Simply put he has to go. on 18:02 - Jan 1 with 5021 viewsD_Alien

Simply put he has to go. on 18:00 - Jan 1 by MoonyDale

More importantly D-A do they have the balls?

That's true in first of all taking the decision to fire the incumbent, but my points concerning the board are about their abilities in choosing a replacement

Login to get fewer ads

Simply put he has to go. on 18:05 - Jan 1 with 4972 viewsMoonyDale

Simply put he has to go. on 18:02 - Jan 1 by D_Alien

That's true in first of all taking the decision to fire the incumbent, but my points concerning the board are about their abilities in choosing a replacement

Yes that's a difficult one and one I hadn't thought of, will need a brave decision to change managers and may need some input from outside the current boardroom ?

Simply put he has to go. on 18:08 - Jan 1 with 4909 viewsD_Alien

Simply put he has to go. on 18:05 - Jan 1 by MoonyDale

Yes that's a difficult one and one I hadn't thought of, will need a brave decision to change managers and may need some input from outside the current boardroom ?

I expect those who recently joined the board - especially those from within the club - will be wondering what on earth they've got themselves into...

Simply put he has to go. on 18:11 - Jan 1 with 4852 viewsrochdaleriddler

Simply put he has to go. on 18:08 - Jan 1 by D_Alien

I expect those who recently joined the board - especially those from within the club - will be wondering what on earth they've got themselves into...

Well they clearly fancied it so now they need to face up to their responsibilities and sort this shitshow out

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Simply put he has to go. on 18:12 - Jan 1 with 4837 viewskiwidale

I've got no idea.

Simply put he has to go. on 18:12 - Jan 1 with 4830 viewsdale5758

paulhurst
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 18:42]

Poll: Spenhe Hogan windfall and on who?

Simply put he has to go. on 18:13 - Jan 1 with 4820 viewsMoonyDale

Simply put he has to go. on 18:08 - Jan 1 by D_Alien

I wonder how CD is feeling about all of this, if he was forced out in some way will he have a wry smile and the thought that there you go boys and girls you wanted it so get it sorted? Or more likely will he be as gutted as the rest of us at the way things are heading?....It does seem that he left at an opportune moment, i'd be happy to be out of it myself..

Simply put he has to go. on 18:20 - Jan 1 with 4701 viewskiwidale

Doing nothing is not an option.

Simply put he has to go. on 18:20 - Jan 1 with 4700 viewsBobbyjoe

The subsequent relegation following Eyre's dismissal didn't lead to anyone believing it to have been wrong (except me!).
Simply put he has to go. on 18:22 - Jan 1 with 4668 viewsJames1980

1. How much time would you give a new manager?
2. Would you be happy retaining them if we got relegated despite a change?
3. How much time in the 2019/2020 season?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Simply put he has to go. on 18:23 - Jan 1 with 4626 viewsscooby

Simply put he has to go. on 18:13 - Jan 1 by MoonyDale

I wonder how CD is feeling about all of this, if he was forced out in some way will he have a wry smile and the thought that there you go boys and girls you wanted it so get it sorted? Or more likely will he be as gutted as the rest of us at the way things are heading?....It does seem that he left at an opportune moment, i'd be happy to be out of it myself..

Or maybe he was forced out as he created the contractual mess. The new board may be waiting for him to exit the building fully...
Simply put he has to go. on 18:25 - Jan 1 with 4581 viewsrochdaleriddler

Simply put he has to go. on 18:22 - Jan 1 by James1980

SEason and a half, the same as the length of the contract

Simply put he has to go. on 18:27 - Jan 1 with 4546 viewsJimmyRustler

Personally, I would only give someone a contract until the end of the season.

Entirely dependent on performance and improvement.

See above.
Simply put he has to go. on 18:29 - Jan 1 with 4513 viewskiwidale

Very good questions James.

1. I would make a short term appointment till the end of season, an experienced manager similar to Hollins give him $200,000 and money to recruit.

2. That question is mute we may not be able to afford him long term.

3. Answered in question one.

Simply put he has to go. on 18:29 - Jan 1 with 4500 viewsJames1980

Simply put he has to go. on 18:25 - Jan 1 by rochdaleriddler

SEason and a half, the same as the length of the contract

So rest of this season and all of the 2019/20 season? Regardless of whether we are in League 1 or 2?

Sacking Hill will cost money and pro-rata imagine short contracts are more expensive.
Add to that giving the new manager a war chest. Would it be better saving Hill's severance pay and giving him a that money?

From a financial point of view can we afford to change managers on a regular basis?
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 18:36]

Simply put he has to go. on 18:38 - Jan 1 with 4380 viewsMoonyDale

Simply put he has to go. on 18:23 - Jan 1 by scooby

Or maybe he was forced out as he created the contractual mess. The new board may be waiting for him to exit the building fully...

Interesting post, CD not being in charge wouldn't change the contractual mess though so am not sure if that's the reason...

Simply put he has to go. on 18:47 - Jan 1 with 4303 viewsrochdaleriddler

Simply put he has to go. on 18:29 - Jan 1 by James1980

So rest of this season and all of the 2019/20 season? Regardless of whether we are in League 1 or 2?

Sacking Hill will cost money and pro-rata imagine short contracts are more expensive.
Add to that giving the new manager a war chest. Would it be better saving Hill's severance pay and giving him a that money?

From a financial point of view can we afford to change managers on a regular basis?
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 18:36]

YEs and then extend as appropriate, but never 5 years

Simply put he has to go. on 19:32 - Jan 1 with 4065 viewsJames1980

Simply put he has to go. on 18:47 - Jan 1 by rochdaleriddler

YEs and then extend as appropriate, but never 5 years

I suppose the long contract does offer a degree of financial stability for both parties. Which is important for a club like Rochdale. The issue is that the manager might even unintentionally lose a degree of motivation and the club think we can't afford to sack them.

The problem as I see it most permutations of what happens following recruiting a new manager end up leading to sticking with Hill till his contract is up as the best thing for the club in the long run.
1. New manager gets 6 month contract and does VERY well, chances are they could very likely be snapped up by another club. The board have to look for someone else.
2. We get relegated unlikely that manager would get a contract extension
3. We get 51 points and stay in league 1. But if KH stays we get relegated The club has to offset financial advantage of being in L1 over L2 with the cost of firing KH and hiring NG (New Gaffer)
There is no guarantee KH will take us down and none a NG will keep us up
I doubt most of the fans calling for Hill's head will be saying, come on lets get behind the new manager in the event their tenure doesn't start off as we would hope.

Or would Hexit be like Brexit people saying I don't care if we are relegated anyway at least we got rid of Hill. Even if in a few seasons time, we are playing in National League, would people saying thank bleep we got rid of Hill it makes playing in NL totally worth it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024