Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contrasting attitudes. 19:42 - Feb 20 with 5928 viewsrochdale_ranger

After watching Hills embarrassing interview where he plays last nights loss down, blames individuals and gives vague answers here’s an interview from a manager who knows full well his teams in a dogfight and doesn’t try and bullshit people.

Contrasting attitudes. on 22:04 - Feb 20 with 4326 viewsYorkshire_Dale

"gutsy" and " ballsy".....everything thing we were not.......well said.
Contrasting attitudes. on 08:32 - Feb 21 with 4042 viewsDaleFan7

Good and honest interview and he knows all of his games are cup finals just like ours are especially our home games.

Would be nice to get an interview like this out of our manager for once.
Contrasting attitudes. on 09:19 - Feb 21 with 3976 viewsgeraldo

I heard the KH interview on Radio Manchester and for some reason he kept saying that the match wasn't a "must win" - we have 13 games left and we should go into every one as a must win otherwise we soon run out of games!!

As an afterthought , I saw the squad ( minus ZC ) at the Lancashire gym - talking to some of them they seemed gutted and Big Jim said he hadn't been able to sleep on Tuesday night.
At least the players seem to care but then they don't have KH's contract..........
Contrasting attitudes. on 09:25 - Feb 21 with 3962 viewsParkinsGimp

Contrasting attitudes. on 09:19 - Feb 21 by geraldo

I heard the KH interview on Radio Manchester and for some reason he kept saying that the match wasn't a "must win" - we have 13 games left and we should go into every one as a must win otherwise we soon run out of games!!

As an afterthought , I saw the squad ( minus ZC ) at the Lancashire gym - talking to some of them they seemed gutted and Big Jim said he hadn't been able to sleep on Tuesday night.
At least the players seem to care but then they don't have KH's contract..........

I cant sleep when big Jim gets picked and plays.....
Contrasting attitudes. on 12:26 - Feb 21 with 3753 viewsJames1980

So we are comparing the post match interview of a manager whose team has won away to that of a manager whose team has lost at home no shite Sherlock they are going to be quite different.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Contrasting attitudes. on 12:53 - Feb 21 with 3701 viewsrochdaleriddler

Good to hear ZC is as fit and ready to play as he was last year

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Contrasting attitudes. on 13:20 - Feb 21 with 3643 viewsjudd

That'd be because he was caught napping several times earlier...

Poll: What is it to be then?

Contrasting attitudes. on 14:06 - Feb 21 with 3576 viewsrochdaleriddler

Contrasting attitudes. on 13:20 - Feb 21 by judd

That'd be because he was caught napping several times earlier...

I

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Contrasting attitudes. on 16:28 - Feb 21 with 3443 viewsdingdangblue

So basically what the OP is trying to say is one of them is Wally Downes and the other is a Wally taking us down.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Contrasting attitudes. on 17:28 - Feb 21 with 3358 viewsrichfoad32

Contrasting attitudes. on 16:28 - Feb 21 by dingdangblue

So basically what the OP is trying to say is one of them is Wally Downes and the other is a Wally taking us down.

Always thought Wally Downes as a bit of a dick. Read Ian Holloway's autobiography and Downes made some pretty nasty comments about Holloway's wife who was undergoing chemotherapy for cancer at the time, calling her 'baldy bird' etc. No doubt it was all done in the name of 'banter' but he doesn't come across as a particularly likeable bloke. Fair play to him if he keeps AFC up though, they deserved their win t'other night.
Contrasting attitudes. on 19:50 - Feb 21 with 3206 viewspioneer

Contrasting attitudes. on 17:28 - Feb 21 by richfoad32

Always thought Wally Downes as a bit of a dick. Read Ian Holloway's autobiography and Downes made some pretty nasty comments about Holloway's wife who was undergoing chemotherapy for cancer at the time, calling her 'baldy bird' etc. No doubt it was all done in the name of 'banter' but he doesn't come across as a particularly likeable bloke. Fair play to him if he keeps AFC up though, they deserved their win t'other night.

so thats one way the two managers might be similar...the like-ability score
Contrasting attitudes. on 15:24 - Feb 22 with 2908 viewsmidlandsdale

Contrasting attitudes. on 12:26 - Feb 21 by James1980

So we are comparing the post match interview of a manager whose team has won away to that of a manager whose team has lost at home no shite Sherlock they are going to be quite different.

You do talk shite just about all of the time
Contrasting attitudes. on 15:48 - Feb 22 with 2873 viewsJames1980

Contrasting attitudes. on 15:24 - Feb 22 by midlandsdale

You do talk shite just about all of the time

We are seriously comparing the interview of a manager whose team are struggling and just won away, with the interview of a manager whose team are struggling and just lost at home. Sorry but whether but regardless of the who was in charge it is totally unfair to compare them.
Compare Hill's interview with one by another manager whose team has lost. Compare the pre match interviews. Post match though, come on, of course the winning manager is going to come across better, especially than Hill.

Contrasting attitudes. on 19:50 - Feb 22 with 2707 viewsMoonyDale

Contrasting attitudes. on 15:48 - Feb 22 by James1980

We are seriously comparing the interview of a manager whose team are struggling and just won away, with the interview of a manager whose team are struggling and just lost at home. Sorry but whether but regardless of the who was in charge it is totally unfair to compare them.
Compare Hill's interview with one by another manager whose team has lost. Compare the pre match interviews. Post match though, come on, of course the winning manager is going to come across better, especially than Hill.

People are concerned and rightly so about Hills perceived not bothered attitude, to openly come out and say that it wasn't a must win game is a joke.....Every sodding game we play is a must win game at this stage of the season and in our position. He should be making this point very clear not sitting there like he cant be arsed........

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Contrasting attitudes. on 20:03 - Feb 22 with 2681 viewsBartRowou

Contrasting attitudes. on 19:50 - Feb 22 by MoonyDale

People are concerned and rightly so about Hills perceived not bothered attitude, to openly come out and say that it wasn't a must win game is a joke.....Every sodding game we play is a must win game at this stage of the season and in our position. He should be making this point very clear not sitting there like he cant be arsed........

It doesn't help that he looks like he's just got back from the farmers' market when he sprouts forth these pearls of wisdom.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Contrasting attitudes. on 20:59 - Feb 22 with 2626 viewsJames1980

We need 19 points to be safe before Tuesday there were 42 points to play for as far as the maths is concerned it was not a must win game. Perhaps he understands the team better than we do and thought using the term 'must win' could put additional pressure on a squad lacking in confidence. I will concede if with 6 games to go we are on 34 points every game will be must win.
I am still adamant you cannot compare the 2 interviews fairly. Who knows what WD would have said had it been a draw or Dale had won. Or what Hill would have said in the same circumstances. KH is not the best at interviews I agree but this example is an unfair comparison to beat him with. If Dale and another team in the relegation fight both lose tomorrow lets compare those interviews as a more balanced approach.

Contrasting attitudes. on 21:02 - Feb 22 with 2621 viewsnordenblue

Why should he be arsed with a good few hundred grand rolling in over the next 3 years,with a board frightened to death to remove him no matter what dross he serves up, selling some assets along the way for a cheeky bonus, muchas gracias
Contrasting attitudes. on 21:49 - Feb 22 with 2564 viewsMoonyDale

Contrasting attitudes. on 20:59 - Feb 22 by James1980

We need 19 points to be safe before Tuesday there were 42 points to play for as far as the maths is concerned it was not a must win game. Perhaps he understands the team better than we do and thought using the term 'must win' could put additional pressure on a squad lacking in confidence. I will concede if with 6 games to go we are on 34 points every game will be must win.
I am still adamant you cannot compare the 2 interviews fairly. Who knows what WD would have said had it been a draw or Dale had won. Or what Hill would have said in the same circumstances. KH is not the best at interviews I agree but this example is an unfair comparison to beat him with. If Dale and another team in the relegation fight both lose tomorrow lets compare those interviews as a more balanced approach.

We have 14 games left, in your words we need 19 points to be safe. In our previous 14 league games we have gathered 11 points unless my stats are wrong, apologies if they are... Therefore James in our position every game is a must win game, for the manager to give a can't be arsed interview saying it wasn't a must win game send out entirely the wrong message to the fans, the players, and the damn opposition should they decide to watch it......You don't agree, you don't see it or don't want to see it....Fair enough, but others along with myself do see it and we will bloody well continue to call him out on it....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Contrasting attitudes. on 22:14 - Feb 22 with 2533 viewsTVOS1907

It was must win when the two games that follow it are Plymouth and Luton away!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Contrasting attitudes. on 22:35 - Feb 22 with 2505 viewsrichfoad32

I can't believe you're being so petty and taking 'must win' in the literal sense of the term. How about 'a vitally important game that we failed to get bugger all from', is that any better? The players aren't stupid, they know the position we're in and a few words from your beloved Keef stressing the game's significance shouldn't turn them to jelly. Half of them won't be here come next season anyway.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2019 22:51]
Contrasting attitudes. on 22:50 - Feb 22 with 2463 viewsFrog

Looks like we've had 24 games this season which weren't "must win," How many more?
Contrasting attitudes. on 23:02 - Feb 22 with 2427 viewsrichfoad32

Contrasting attitudes. on 22:50 - Feb 22 by Frog

Looks like we've had 24 games this season which weren't "must win," How many more?

At least 7, by James's reckoning.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2019 23:03]
Contrasting attitudes. on 00:38 - Feb 23 with 2369 viewsShun

Contrasting attitudes. on 21:49 - Feb 22 by MoonyDale

We have 14 games left, in your words we need 19 points to be safe. In our previous 14 league games we have gathered 11 points unless my stats are wrong, apologies if they are... Therefore James in our position every game is a must win game, for the manager to give a can't be arsed interview saying it wasn't a must win game send out entirely the wrong message to the fans, the players, and the damn opposition should they decide to watch it......You don't agree, you don't see it or don't want to see it....Fair enough, but others along with myself do see it and we will bloody well continue to call him out on it....

It’s presumably a way of protecting his players. Col has spoken numerous times in the past about how Hill’s press conferences are quite often orchestrated to protect his players, usually by deflecting the attention towards either himself or the fans (I’m not saying that’s the right thing to do, but it seems to happen).

Obviously we as fans know that Tuesday was as close to a must-win game as they come, but if Hill came out after the game and said we’ve just lost a must-win game the players would be more devastated than they already are.
Contrasting attitudes. on 05:19 - Feb 23 with 2288 viewsJames1980

Right, so lets get one thing straight. Tuesday wasn't really a, must, win game. But Hill should have said it was. I agree with Shun, perhaps he didnt say it was to protect the players already confidence.

I still maintain it is not fair to compare the 2 interviews because of course the winning manager is going to 9 times out of 10 come across more upbeat and positive.

Contrasting attitudes. on 06:40 - Feb 23 with 2277 viewsnordenblue

Contrasting attitudes. on 00:38 - Feb 23 by Shun

It’s presumably a way of protecting his players. Col has spoken numerous times in the past about how Hill’s press conferences are quite often orchestrated to protect his players, usually by deflecting the attention towards either himself or the fans (I’m not saying that’s the right thing to do, but it seems to happen).

Obviously we as fans know that Tuesday was as close to a must-win game as they come, but if Hill came out after the game and said we’ve just lost a must-win game the players would be more devastated than they already are.

I understand what you're saying,but if these players need "protecting" I suggest they take another career up as playing under a bit of pressure is probably not for them.

Regardless of what Hill does/doesn't say if the lads themself don't realise the shite the club's in we've got a bigger issue, we're dealing with grown men here not toddlers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024