Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1st January ... 00:12 - Jan 1 with 24134 viewsD_Dale

... has the transfer window opened now ...?
1st January ... on 11:24 - Jan 12 with 3252 viewsJames1980

Luton have recalled Kioso from Bolton. He is a right back and hails from The Emerald Isle. If he is sent out on another loan, could he be coming to us?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

1st January ... on 14:40 - Jan 12 with 2994 viewsseasidedale

Notice than Nial Canavan has joined Bradford from Plymouth for an undisclosed fee
1st January ... on 15:22 - Jan 12 with 2916 viewsBrierls

1st January ... on 11:24 - Jan 12 by James1980

Luton have recalled Kioso from Bolton. He is a right back and hails from The Emerald Isle. If he is sent out on another loan, could he be coming to us?

We have McLaughlin and Keohane operating at right back. While they may be injury prone and out of position respectively, I'd be surprised to see us sign a right back.

The idea of the loan market is to sign players who will improve the team, in positions that you need to fill!

LEFT BACK!!!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 22:45]
1st January ... on 16:11 - Jan 12 with 2830 viewsJames1980

1st January ... on 15:22 - Jan 12 by Brierls

We have McLaughlin and Keohane operating at right back. While they may be injury prone and out of position respectively, I'd be surprised to see us sign a right back.

The idea of the loan market is to sign players who will improve the team, in positions that you need to fill!

LEFT BACK!!!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 22:45]

In a recent interview BBM said he is looking to bring in 4 players. I would hazard a guess he will be a working to bring in a left back. Would an actual RB be better cover for Mclaughlin and use Keohane in his proper role?

1st January ... on 16:57 - Jan 12 with 2738 viewsfitzochris

1st January ... on 16:11 - Jan 12 by James1980

In a recent interview BBM said he is looking to bring in 4 players. I would hazard a guess he will be a working to bring in a left back. Would an actual RB be better cover for Mclaughlin and use Keohane in his proper role?

He will be looking to bring in a left back, a midfielder, a forward and a winger as a priority. Anything else will be a bonus and, even then, he will need to shift out the likes of Done to get all of his intended targets.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

1st January ... on 17:12 - Jan 12 with 2695 viewsNigeriamark

1st January ... on 16:57 - Jan 12 by fitzochris

He will be looking to bring in a left back, a midfielder, a forward and a winger as a priority. Anything else will be a bonus and, even then, he will need to shift out the likes of Done to get all of his intended targets.

have any others been specifically targeted for moving out? If it's 4 in does it have to be 4 ( or more out?) or will we add numbers as well as quality ( e.g 4 in 2 out)
1st January ... on 17:23 - Jan 12 with 2687 viewsAtThePeake

1st January ... on 17:12 - Jan 12 by Nigeriamark

have any others been specifically targeted for moving out? If it's 4 in does it have to be 4 ( or more out?) or will we add numbers as well as quality ( e.g 4 in 2 out)

I suppose one is already 'out' in Bola.

Tangled up in blue.

1st January ... on 17:54 - Jan 12 with 2610 viewsfitzochris

1st January ... on 17:23 - Jan 12 by AtThePeake

I suppose one is already 'out' in Bola.

This is true, although Bola wasn’t costing us anywhere near what certain others are. Hopefully the reshuffle is a success, as we desperately need the depth of quality, judging by our bench for large quantities of this season.

Login to get fewer ads

1st January ... on 19:10 - Jan 12 with 2519 viewsShun

1st January ... on 17:54 - Jan 12 by fitzochris

This is true, although Bola wasn’t costing us anywhere near what certain others are. Hopefully the reshuffle is a success, as we desperately need the depth of quality, judging by our bench for large quantities of this season.

I might be reaching here, but who are our highest earners? I’m guessing Done is the highest? O’Connell? Humphrys?
1st January ... on 19:13 - Jan 12 with 2508 viewsfitzochris

1st January ... on 19:10 - Jan 12 by Shun

I might be reaching here, but who are our highest earners? I’m guessing Done is the highest? O’Connell? Humphrys?

I honestly don’t know pound for pound - only what gets said in certain circles. From those you mention, I know Done is a decent earner. Exactly what that equates to in cash, I don’t know, but, if that’s the case , then, given his level of contribution to the team in recent times, you’d have to say he’s a prime candidate to be moved on.

1st January ... on 21:55 - Jan 12 with 2430 viewsShun

Is Baah only contracted until summer? It’s a shame if so, with all the rumoured interest, as if his contract were longer we could get an absolutely gargantuan fee.
1st January ... on 22:01 - Jan 12 with 2415 views442Dale

1st January ... on 21:55 - Jan 12 by Shun

Is Baah only contracted until summer? It’s a shame if so, with all the rumoured interest, as if his contract were longer we could get an absolutely gargantuan fee.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/february/kwadwobaahcontract/

Be interesting to see if we get any bids this month.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

1st January ... on 22:04 - Jan 12 with 2407 viewsYorkshire_Dale

1st January ... on 19:13 - Jan 12 by fitzochris

I honestly don’t know pound for pound - only what gets said in certain circles. From those you mention, I know Done is a decent earner. Exactly what that equates to in cash, I don’t know, but, if that’s the case , then, given his level of contribution to the team in recent times, you’d have to say he’s a prime candidate to be moved on.

You can add Dooley to the "moving on " crew after tonight and perhaps still Big Jim.

But how to we go about doing so?
1st January ... on 22:04 - Jan 12 with 2398 viewsD_Alien

1st January ... on 22:01 - Jan 12 by 442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/february/kwadwobaahcontract/

Be interesting to see if we get any bids this month.

Be even more interesting to see if he'd be prepared to sign a longer contract

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

1st January ... on 22:13 - Jan 12 with 2360 viewsDale92

1st January ... on 22:04 - Jan 12 by D_Alien

Dont know if it's been mentioned but according to FootballGhana its Middlesbrough, Spl (I'd guess the big 2) and our twinned town Arminia Bielefeld

https://mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/SportsArchive/English-Championship-sid
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 22:14]

This is the One, I've waited for

1st January ... on 22:31 - Jan 12 with 2309 viewsrich_dale

1st January ... on 16:57 - Jan 12 by fitzochris

Given O'Connell's injury there should be a focus on bringing in an experienced CB too - particularly if McShane can't play every game.
1st January ... on 11:20 - Jan 13 with 2074 viewsjonahwhereru

1st January ... on 22:04 - Jan 12 by D_Alien

Baah signing a new deal would be a right result. I don’t know the lad but he is not like most of our youngsters in that he is not a long term acadamy player, he is not remotely local and for various reasons has not yet been able to build a strong bond with fans. Those things don’t favour us, but I hope the player and agent see that another year here could really be the making of him. Here’s hoping.
However we need to brace ourselves for Cannon type sale of Baah In this window at a price that reflects his contract position.
On another note I am delighted to here from Fitz that the Dale are looking to bring more bodies in. I trust his recruitment and look forward to the squad being strengthened.
1st January ... on 11:51 - Jan 13 with 2010 viewsfitzochris

1st January ... on 11:20 - Jan 13 by jonahwhereru

Baah signing a new deal would be a right result. I don’t know the lad but he is not like most of our youngsters in that he is not a long term acadamy player, he is not remotely local and for various reasons has not yet been able to build a strong bond with fans. Those things don’t favour us, but I hope the player and agent see that another year here could really be the making of him. Here’s hoping.
However we need to brace ourselves for Cannon type sale of Baah In this window at a price that reflects his contract position.
On another note I am delighted to here from Fitz that the Dale are looking to bring more bodies in. I trust his recruitment and look forward to the squad being strengthened.

My recruitment has been heralded far and wide*.

*It hasn't.

1st January ... on 12:09 - Jan 13 with 1984 viewsJames1980

1st January ... on 11:51 - Jan 13 by fitzochris

*It hasn't.

You don't have a 'worldwide scouting network'?????

1st January ... on 12:25 - Jan 13 with 1947 viewsjonahwhereru

1st January ... on 11:51 - Jan 13 by fitzochris

*It hasn't.

Fitz as soon as you make a move for BBM’s role, you know you have my support😏 just give me the nod!

But to correct myself I do think BBM can be trusted to bring in players who can make a positive impact.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 16:14]
1st January ... on 12:29 - Jan 13 with 1936 viewsfitzochris

1st January ... on 12:25 - Jan 13 by jonahwhereru

Fitz as soon as you make a move for BBM’s role, you know you have my support😏 just give me the nod!

But to correct myself I do think BBM can be trusted to bring in players who can make a positive impact.

The day I even hint that I could do BBM's job, I would hope someone would drop an ACME 100-tonne weight from a very large height upon my bonce.

1st January ... on 12:54 - Jan 13 with 1895 viewsAtThePeake

1st January ... on 12:25 - Jan 13 by jonahwhereru

You may need to correct that again Jonahwhereru

Tangled up in blue.

1st January ... on 16:35 - Jan 13 with 1711 viewsJames1980

What has happened to Amankwah? I know he was injured but he is still listed as being on loan with us. Has he injury led him to be out for the season?

1st January ... on 16:44 - Jan 13 with 1691 viewsTVOS1907

1st January ... on 16:35 - Jan 13 by James1980

What has happened to Amankwah? I know he was injured but he is still listed as being on loan with us. Has he injury led him to be out for the season?

Went back to Man City about four months ago, James.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

1st January ... on 16:47 - Jan 13 with 1688 viewsJames1980

1st January ... on 16:44 - Jan 13 by TVOS1907

Went back to Man City about four months ago, James.

I thought that was the case but they still had him listed as still being on loan with us recently Also he is on our official sites First Team section
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 16:49]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024