Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Euro 2021 Thread 18:21 - Jun 11 with 19182 viewsblackdogblue

I will start it... 😀

My money is on France to win

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Euro 2021 Thread on 09:04 - Jul 5 with 2203 viewsDaleiLama

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Euro 2021 Thread on 21:14 - Jul 6 with 1923 viewsonedalefan

BBC commentators keep staying Italy - Spain is a good game. I'm just bored!

(although goal was excellent).
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 21:22]
Euro 2021 Thread on 21:57 - Jul 6 with 1866 viewsShun

Euro 2021 Thread on 21:14 - Jul 6 by onedalefan

BBC commentators keep staying Italy - Spain is a good game. I'm just bored!

(although goal was excellent).
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 21:22]

It’s not that entertaining, but the quality of football on show is outstanding.
Euro 2021 Thread on 22:06 - Jul 6 with 1842 viewsnordenblue

Euro 2021 Thread on 21:57 - Jul 6 by Shun

It’s not that entertaining, but the quality of football on show is outstanding.

This extra time will do too, if England can manage to scrape through, then up against hopefully some tired legs
Euro 2021 Thread on 22:12 - Jul 6 with 1821 viewsonedalefan

Euro 2021 Thread on 22:06 - Jul 6 by nordenblue

This extra time will do too, if England can manage to scrape through, then up against hopefully some tired legs

Italian time wasting 15 minutes coming up.
Euro 2021 Thread on 06:13 - Jul 7 with 1688 viewsNigeriamark

Euro 2021 Thread on 22:06 - Jul 6 by nordenblue

So far I would say that England are definitely one of the best 4 teams in the tournament & may not have a better chance to go on and win a major tournament. We also have had a bit of luck in that the other 3 "best teams" have ended up in the other side of the draw ( Belgium Italy Spain). However you can only play whoever you are drawn against & we find ourselves where we were in the last World Cup, in a semi-final against a lower ranked team. It will be genuinely gutting if we lose tonight when we have been dealt a decent set of cards in the last few weeks, and have a group of players who are playing well and with a lot of confidence

Fingers crossed
Euro 2021 Thread on 07:53 - Jul 7 with 1630 viewsfunkkk

Euro 2021 Thread on 06:13 - Jul 7 by Nigeriamark

So far I would say that England are definitely one of the best 4 teams in the tournament & may not have a better chance to go on and win a major tournament. We also have had a bit of luck in that the other 3 "best teams" have ended up in the other side of the draw ( Belgium Italy Spain). However you can only play whoever you are drawn against & we find ourselves where we were in the last World Cup, in a semi-final against a lower ranked team. It will be genuinely gutting if we lose tonight when we have been dealt a decent set of cards in the last few weeks, and have a group of players who are playing well and with a lot of confidence

Fingers crossed

Exactly. Denmark are no mugs but, let’s be honest, we should be beating them. Here’s hoping we have a dog in the fight come Sunday night 🦁🦁🦁
Euro 2021 Thread on 22:43 - Jul 7 with 1501 viewsBigDaveMyCock

ATP - a wonderful centre forward performance from Kane. Sterling awesome.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Login to get fewer ads

Euro 2021 Thread on 22:46 - Jul 7 with 1475 viewsncfc_chalky

Fantastic result,can't wait for Sunday 🏆🍺🤞

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Euro 2021 Thread on 22:54 - Jul 7 with 1424 viewsD_Alien

Deserved the win, Sterling MoM (again) and now it's Italy...

Can we beat them? Of course we can, but on overall performances i'd put them as favourites

[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 22:55]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Euro 2021 Thread on 23:11 - Jul 7 with 1365 viewsncfc_chalky

It's going to be a tough game against Italy but should be a good game

C'mon England 😄

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Euro 2021 Thread on 00:09 - Jul 8 with 1278 viewsSandyman

Why ITV pay Peter Walton to agree with every referee's decision, I don't know. He was one of the worst referees we ever saw in Division 4 and, astonishingly, has made a career out of it. How many times did Walton send Mark Monington off? 3 ? (TVOS?) And the Wycombe goalkeeper's studs up challenge on Morike Sako that would have taken anybody else's head off, but not declared a red card... Walton was very strange.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!
Euro 2021 Thread on 00:55 - Jul 8 with 1230 viewsRotherhamDale

Euro 2021 Thread on 00:09 - Jul 8 by Sandyman

Why ITV pay Peter Walton to agree with every referee's decision, I don't know. He was one of the worst referees we ever saw in Division 4 and, astonishingly, has made a career out of it. How many times did Walton send Mark Monington off? 3 ? (TVOS?) And the Wycombe goalkeeper's studs up challenge on Morike Sako that would have taken anybody else's head off, but not declared a red card... Walton was very strange.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

Had to laugh when they asked him about the challenge on Kane. "It could go either way" cheers Peter for your ground breaking insight

Possession with progression.

Euro 2021 Thread on 08:46 - Jul 8 with 1064 viewsnordenblue

Euro 2021 Thread on 00:55 - Jul 8 by RotherhamDale

Had to laugh when they asked him about the challenge on Kane. "It could go either way" cheers Peter for your ground breaking insight

I reckon you could say that for most penalty decisions, there's only 2 bloody options for the call
Euro 2021 Thread on 09:09 - Jul 8 with 1024 viewsTVOS1907

Euro 2021 Thread on 00:09 - Jul 8 by Sandyman

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

Twice in 98/99 - at home to Leyton Orient in the league and at Rotherham in the "I gave them two good cup runs, what more do they want?" FA Cup replay.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Euro 2021 Thread on 11:57 - Jul 8 with 927 viewsfinberty

Anyone else find the commentary slightly behind the play? It wasn't the sound, because you could hear the ball being struck as you saw it, but Matterface seemed to be calling the players' names as though he was having to look at his tick-list before announcing it. Started to get annoying after a while.
Euro 2021 Thread on 11:58 - Jul 8 with 926 viewspioneer

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:53 - Jul 4 by TVOS1907

I've got Whitehead also missing a penalty at home to Torquay in March 1971.

According to the Observer report “Donnelly palmed Whiteheads half hit penalty away”

With Cross and Jenkins scoring the goals in a 2-0 dale win, and Jenkins having been fouled for the penalty, what the hell was Whitehead doing taking the penalty?
Euro 2021 Thread on 12:47 - Jul 8 with 889 viewsTVOS1907

Euro 2021 Thread on 11:58 - Jul 8 by pioneer

According to the Observer report “Donnelly palmed Whiteheads half hit penalty away”

With Cross and Jenkins scoring the goals in a 2-0 dale win, and Jenkins having been fouled for the penalty, what the hell was Whitehead doing taking the penalty?

No idea, I was only aged two!

Euro 2021 Thread on 12:50 - Jul 8 with 869 viewsD_Alien

Euro 2021 Thread on 12:47 - Jul 8 by TVOS1907

No idea, I was only aged two!

At a guess, since Whitehead scored against Villa he'd taken it upon himself to continue

Were there any pens awarded between the Villa game and the one where he missed?

[Post edited 8 Jul 2021 12:51]

Euro 2021 Thread on 13:04 - Jul 8 with 831 viewsTVOS1907

Euro 2021 Thread on 12:50 - Jul 8 by D_Alien

At a guess, since Whitehead scored against Villa he'd taken it upon himself to continue

I'll try to remember to look that up over the weekend

Euro 2021 Thread on 18:12 - Jul 8 with 741 views49thseason

Euro 2021 Thread on 13:04 - Jul 8 by TVOS1907

I'll try to remember to look that up over the weekend

What wouldnt I give for a team with the equivalents of Jenkins, Cross and Whitehead?
Power, height, trickery.. goals from everywhere! Fullbacks tied in knots, Centre Halves being demolished, goal keepers terrorised. Happy days!
Euro 2021 Thread on 18:19 - Jul 8 with 737 viewsonedalefan

Not as annoying as Emma Haynes. Doesn't know when to shut up.
Euro 2021 Thread on 20:35 - Jul 8 with 691 viewspioneer

Euro 2021 Thread on 12:50 - Jul 8 by D_Alien

The Aston Villa game was in January 1972 so the season after his penalty miss. Dave Cross was the regular penalty taker at the start of 1971-2 season but of course left for Norwich.

Reg was out injured that day but the line up included malcom darling, tony buck, peter gowans and bobby downes.

So still leaves me scratching my head as to why he took the pen in the earlier Torquay game.
Euro 2021 Thread on 21:25 - Jul 8 with 653 viewsD_Alien

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:35 - Jul 8 by pioneer

The Aston Villa game was in January 1972 so the season after his penalty miss. Dave Cross was the regular penalty taker at the start of 1971-2 season but of course left for Norwich.

Reg was out injured that day but the line up included malcom darling, tony buck, peter gowans and bobby downes.

So still leaves me scratching my head as to why he took the pen in the earlier Torquay game.

Ah yes, i was thinking it was the March following the Villa game in January

(nb TVOS, the weekend search is made redundant by this)

It actually makes Whitehead taking the pen in the Villa game even riskier, given his miss the season before!

Euro 2021 Thread on 09:25 - Jul 9 with 556 viewsAtThePeake

Euro 2021 Thread on 18:19 - Jul 8 by onedalefan

Not as annoying as Emma Haynes. Doesn't know when to shut up.

Funny how we see things differently isn't it. I've found Hayes to be the best pundit at the tournament by a country mile. Genuine knowledge of players I'd never even heard of before and some brilliant tactical analysis rather than trotting out the same tired lines that we get from the likes of Murphy, Shearer, Scott etc.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024