Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Euro 2021 Thread 18:21 - Jun 11 with 19216 viewsblackdogblue

I will start it... 😀

My money is on France to win

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Euro 2021 Thread on 21:24 - Jul 3 with 1801 viewsShun

Please, before anyone starts discrediting the opposition, let’s give some recognition to England. Barring a few spells of complacency in the first half England have been sensational here.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2021 21:25]
Euro 2021 Thread on 21:55 - Jul 3 with 1730 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Wow. That was a brilliant performance. Handbreak well and truly off. We look good all over the pitch, with good options off the bench whatever staring 11 we have.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Euro 2021 Thread on 21:56 - Jul 3 with 1725 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Euro 2021 Thread on 21:55 - Jul 3 by foreverhopefulDale

Wow. That was a brilliant performance. Handbreak well and truly off. We look good all over the pitch, with good options off the bench whatever staring 11 we have.

And our fans were brilliant too.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Euro 2021 Thread on 21:58 - Jul 3 with 1703 viewsChaffRAFC

Fantastic performance. Attacking football and on the front foot the whole game. Got the ball in wide areas and got the ball into the box. So much better to watch than the previous games. Superb performance.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Euro 2021 Thread on 22:05 - Jul 3 with 1662 viewsJames1980

TVOS further to Lineker's stat about scoring 3 headers in a game, have Dale scored 3 headers in a game?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Euro 2021 Thread on 22:56 - Jul 3 with 1552 viewsdingdangblue

Southgate out ! 😉

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Euro 2021 Thread on 23:07 - Jul 3 with 1515 viewsJames1980

Euro 2021 Thread on 22:56 - Jul 3 by dingdangblue

Southgate out ! 😉

Next Rochdale manager

Euro 2021 Thread on 23:19 - Jul 3 with 1483 viewsboromat

Euro 2021 Thread on 21:58 - Jul 3 by ChaffRAFC

Fantastic performance. Attacking football and on the front foot the whole game. Got the ball in wide areas and got the ball into the box. So much better to watch than the previous games. Superb performance.

It seemed very easy. Don't feel like we had to move out of 1st gear an early goal set us up perfectly to manage the game and meant we didn't need the likes of Grealish or Foden. Bodes well going forwards but the Danes have a lot of passion behind them and we'll no doubts have to play the villain if we want to beat them. If we get past the Danes I'd rather play Spain. Italy were my tip from the start and haven't disappointed they've looked very good!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

Euro 2021 Thread on 07:48 - Jul 4 with 1347 viewsnordenblue

Euro 2021 Thread on 23:19 - Jul 3 by boromat

It seemed very easy. Don't feel like we had to move out of 1st gear an early goal set us up perfectly to manage the game and meant we didn't need the likes of Grealish or Foden. Bodes well going forwards but the Danes have a lot of passion behind them and we'll no doubts have to play the villain if we want to beat them. If we get past the Danes I'd rather play Spain. Italy were my tip from the start and haven't disappointed they've looked very good!

Can't see Spain having enough up front to really trouble Italy, apart from the odd spell the Spanish team are massively missing any real world class forwards from what I've seen.

The Italians have looked very solid at the back all the way through and decent everywhere, just not sure their defence would fancy the options England have up front running at them for 90+ mins though.
Euro 2021 Thread on 09:53 - Jul 4 with 1257 viewsDaleFan7

Though they've got the story of the tournament, I'd be disappointed if England didn't comfortably beat Denmark.

Italy will brush Spain aside. Although it will be interesting to see how they deal with the loss of Spinazzola, he's been the player of the tournament for me.

Italy v England would be a good game, it would be a lot harder to score any sort of set piece or headed goal against the best centre back pairing in world football, despite their ages. I think it would hinge on Immobile, some games he's great, others he's got the touch of an absolute donkey.
Euro 2021 Thread on 14:11 - Jul 4 with 1144 viewsAtThePeake

That Harry Kane isn't half bad.

Tangled up in blue.

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:05 - Jul 4 with 1000 viewsTVOS1907

Euro 2021 Thread on 22:05 - Jul 3 by James1980

TVOS further to Lineker's stat about scoring 3 headers in a game, have Dale scored 3 headers in a game?

Only one occurrence in the last ten seasons:

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:24 - Jul 4 with 951 viewsJames1980

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:05 - Jul 4 by TVOS1907

Love that you found this out you are a legend

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:29 - Jul 4 with 932 viewsTVOS1907

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:24 - Jul 4 by James1980

Love that you found this out you are a legend

Just searched through the relevant TVOS records and archives spreadsheets.

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:30 - Jul 4 with 929 viewsEllDale

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:05 - Jul 4 by TVOS1907

Awesome research!
I have a random notion that there were three headed goals in a 4-1 win at Bradford PA in January 1969.
The first was by Norman Whitehead which was a rarity in itself.
Anyone else remember this game?
Euro 2021 Thread on 20:37 - Jul 4 with 894 viewsTVOS1907

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:30 - Jul 4 by EllDale

Awesome research!
I have a random notion that there were three headed goals in a 4-1 win at Bradford PA in January 1969.

Before my time, but the match reports states ...

"Whitehead equalised with a precise header"

"Melling met the wingman's pinpointed centre"

"Melling was there to add the final touch"

"Melling was in again"

Rather vague descriptions, I'm afraid, but it seems clear the first two were headers.

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:38 - Jul 4 with 886 viewsJames1980

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:29 - Jul 4 by TVOS1907

Just searched through the relevant TVOS records and archives spreadsheets.

The fact your archives are that in depth that info can be found is impressive in itself.

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:42 - Jul 4 with 866 viewspioneer

Awesome research!

remember the game but not in such detail.

Ill see if I can find the match report.

Whitehead scored in the previous game, the demolition og Grimsby, but that 2 in 2 was surrounded by 0 in the other 44 games. Talk about bananas coming in bunches.

Also remember him scoring the penalty in the 1-0 win over Aston Villa a couple of seasons later. Villa dominated thegame. I dont think we had a shot on goal apart from the penalty.
Euro 2021 Thread on 20:49 - Jul 4 with 849 viewsD_Alien

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:42 - Jul 4 by pioneer

Whitehead scored in the previous game, the demolition og Grimsby, but that 2 in 2 was surrounded by 0 in the other 44 games. Talk about bananas coming in bunches.

Also remember him scoring the penalty in the 1-0 win over Aston Villa a couple of seasons later. Villa dominated thegame. I dont think we had a shot on goal apart from the penalty.

It was a perfectly placed penalty into the right hand side (his left) at the Sandy Lane end

Nobody could bear to look because i think it was the only one he ever took for Dale, and not only was it our only shot it was the only time the ball came anywhere near the Villa goal

Tony Godfrey in the Dale nets put on the best display i've ever seen by any keeper at Spotland as shots rained in on him. It was just one of those days

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:53 - Jul 4 with 832 viewsTVOS1907

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:49 - Jul 4 by D_Alien

It was a perfectly placed penalty into the right hand side (his left) at the Sandy Lane end

Nobody could bear to look because i think it was the only one he ever took for Dale, and not only was it our only shot it was the only time the ball came anywhere near the Villa goal

Tony Godfrey in the Dale nets put on the best display i've ever seen by any keeper at Spotland as shots rained in on him. It was just one of those days

I've got Whitehead also missing a penalty at home to Torquay in March 1971.

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:54 - Jul 4 with 827 viewsTVOS1907

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:42 - Jul 4 by pioneer

I've posted brief goal details further up the page.

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:54 - Jul 4 with 826 viewsD_Alien

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:53 - Jul 4 by TVOS1907

I've got Whitehead also missing a penalty at home to Torquay in March 1971.

You've got missed pens too!

Bloody hell!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Euro 2021 Thread on 21:24 - Jul 4 with 771 viewsEllDale

Whitehead’s header at Park Avenue was a strange one at the opposite end to where we were all congregated.
Dale were losing 1-0 to the division’s bottom team as halftime loomed when the Bradford keeper made a halfhearted punch from a corner and Whitehead scored with a weak, looping header which evaded everyone.
It changed the game completely and we completely dominated the second half.
Bradford had just appointed Laurie Brown as player-manager and the “new manager bounce” was certainly in evidence in the the first 40 minutes but they evaporated after that equaliser.
Funny how things stick in the mind.
What happened to Park Avenue as a club was scandalous.
Euro 2021 Thread on 21:26 - Jul 4 with 763 viewsTVOS1907

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:54 - Jul 4 by D_Alien

You've got missed pens too!

Bloody hell!

Well, ones I saw at games or have read about in the meantime. It's constantly evolving.

Euro 2021 Thread on 22:35 - Jul 4 with 694 viewsmingthemerciless

Awesome research!

Heading wasn’t his strong point that’s for sure. I remember the Villa game, one way traffic, Villa had enough chances to win three games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024