Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Euro 2021 Thread 18:21 - Jun 11 with 19180 viewsblackdogblue

I will start it... 😀

My money is on France to win

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Euro 2021 Thread on 17:51 - Jun 29 with 2190 viewsD_Alien

England crying out for an attacking midfielder, especially now both Rice & Phillips are on yellow cards

If Grealish isn't given at least 30 minutes to open up the German defence it'll be a huge opportunity missed

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Euro 2021 Thread on 18:05 - Jun 29 with 2131 viewsncfc_chalky

Euro 2021 Thread on 17:51 - Jun 29 by D_Alien

England crying out for an attacking midfielder, especially now both Rice & Phillips are on yellow cards

If Grealish isn't given at least 30 minutes to open up the German defence it'll be a huge opportunity missed

Grealish was trained up by Notts,if he scores the winner you can thank them

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Euro 2021 Thread on 18:25 - Jun 29 with 2096 viewsmightydale

Euro 2021 Thread on 18:05 - Jun 29 by ncfc_chalky

With decent manager and we'd be beating these, not a negative boring BBM role model

Edit
I love Southgate
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 18:45]

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Euro 2021 Thread on 18:54 - Jun 29 with 2059 viewsD_Alien

Right, i watched England beat W. Germany in '66

55 years is at least half a f*cking lifetime till we've done them again in a major tournament

F*cking brilliant!!

I reckon Southgate got it right with Grealish - and he did make a difference with key parts in both goals

But that miss from Muller...

That's when we knew it was happening!

Edit: Pickford was superb
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 18:55]

Euro 2021 Thread on 19:24 - Jun 29 with 1997 viewsShun

Two very nicely worked goals, especially the first one. Grealish has to start every game. He and Shaw had a hand in both goals and they’re already developing a good partnership.

Pickford was indeed superb, as were Stones and Maguire, I thought. To get four games into a major tournament without conceding a single goal is seriously impressive.
Euro 2021 Thread on 19:28 - Jun 29 with 1982 views442Dale

Euro 2021 Thread on 18:54 - Jun 29 by D_Alien

Right, i watched England beat W. Germany in '66

55 years is at least half a f*cking lifetime till we've done them again in a major tournament

F*cking brilliant!!

I reckon Southgate got it right with Grealish - and he did make a difference with key parts in both goals

But that miss from Muller...

That's when we knew it was happening!

Edit: Pickford was superb
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 18:55]

We beat them at Euro 2000 in a group game, then still went out after losing to Romania.

Germany were as average then as they were today. England were professional, Kane will hopefully start working harder now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Euro 2021 Thread on 19:38 - Jun 29 with 1953 viewsD_Alien

Euro 2021 Thread on 19:28 - Jun 29 by 442Dale

We beat them at Euro 2000 in a group game, then still went out after losing to Romania.

Germany were as average then as they were today. England were professional, Kane will hopefully start working harder now.

I'm talking about knockout stages

If you can't find it within yourself to post in a celebratory manner, you can f*ck off too

Of course, that just takes us to the quarters, so no getting carried away by me, but today we made history. I'd compare it with Dale winning promotion in 2010 after another wait of half a lifetime. I expect you thought we had summat wrong with our kit

Euro 2021 Thread on 19:46 - Jun 29 with 1928 viewsncfc_chalky

Euro 2021 Thread on 19:38 - Jun 29 by D_Alien

If you can't find it within yourself to post in a celebratory manner, you can f*ck off too

Of course, that just takes us to the quarters, so no getting carried away by me, but today we made history. I'd compare it with Dale winning promotion in 2010 after another wait of half a lifetime. I expect you thought we had summat wrong with our kit

But everyone knows that season meant NOTHING!

Login to get fewer ads

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:17 - Jun 29 with 1861 viewsBrierls

Euro 2021 Thread on 18:05 - Jun 29 by ncfc_chalky

Are you also claiming credit for making Kasper Schmeichel the upstanding man he is today?

He was an arrogant C U Next Tuesday while at Notts County, he soon realised he had to be better than that.
Euro 2021 Thread on 20:20 - Jun 29 with 1858 viewsD_Alien

Euro 2021 Thread on 19:46 - Jun 29 by ncfc_chalky

But everyone knows that season meant NOTHING!

Good point chalky!

And btw, England's 5-1 victory over Germany in 2001, which ultimately meant nothing, came in the qualifying stages, so it wasn't even at a major tournament

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:23 - Jun 29 with 1847 viewsncfc_chalky

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:17 - Jun 29 by Brierls

Are you also claiming credit for making Kasper Schmeichel the upstanding man he is today?

He was an arrogant C U Next Tuesday while at Notts County, he soon realised he had to be better than that.

It was just a tongue in cheek quip tbf,sorry

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:26 - Jun 29 with 1832 views442Dale

Euro 2021 Thread on 19:38 - Jun 29 by D_Alien

We’ve worn the same one in all four games. Something to celebrate for sure.

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:54 - Jun 29 with 1772 viewsboromat

It's coming home

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Euro 2021 Thread on 21:53 - Jun 29 with 1703 viewsBrierls

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:23 - Jun 29 by ncfc_chalky

It was just a tongue in cheek quip tbf,sorry

As was mine. I can’t have been serious, everybody knows that season meant NOTHING.
Euro 2021 Thread on 22:01 - Jun 29 with 1694 viewsJames1980

He got the ball, reckless?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Euro 2021 Thread on 00:12 - Jun 30 with 1599 viewsShun

I think this is the most high I’ve felt about England since Kieran Trippier’s free kick went in against Croatia in the World Cup semi-final. I’ve been driving about tonight and there’s such a buzz in the air, everyone’s out and everyone’s happy. It’s so good to see after the past year and a half.
Euro 2021 Thread on 00:45 - Jun 30 with 1589 viewsD_Alien

Euro 2021 Thread on 00:12 - Jun 30 by Shun

I think this is the most high I’ve felt about England since Kieran Trippier’s free kick went in against Croatia in the World Cup semi-final. I’ve been driving about tonight and there’s such a buzz in the air, everyone’s out and everyone’s happy. It’s so good to see after the past year and a half.

Absolutely Shun

If we can't celebrate today's victory to the full, what's the point of following football?

It's not a cerebral event, to be carefully calibrated against previous events, its emotional; visceral even

Suddenly, the opposition are deemed average by people who'd be the first to pour scorn on the same comments after a Dale victory. They know

Euro 2021 Thread on 11:28 - Jun 30 with 1323 viewsdingdangblue

What a wonderful night. To finally get that monkey off our backs of never beating anyone of note over 90 mins in a knockout game in a tournament is huge and Southgate and the players deserve all the accolades they are getting today. Our main concern now is looking too far ahead to the final because the pressure will be huge now - Ukraine, Denmark or Czech are games that England should ordinarily win and we be overwhelming favourites to win. Complacency will be our main obstacle - as long as Southgate and the players keep focused and keep grounded there is no reason why we can't reach our 1st major final since 66.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Euro 2021 Thread on 11:52 - Jun 30 with 1287 viewstony_roch975

Euro 2021 Thread on 00:45 - Jun 30 by D_Alien

Absolutely Shun

If we can't celebrate today's victory to the full, what's the point of following football?

It's not a cerebral event, to be carefully calibrated against previous events, its emotional; visceral even

Suddenly, the opposition are deemed average by people who'd be the first to pour scorn on the same comments after a Dale victory. They know

hate to be boring DA but I agree with both - it was a fantastic win to be fully celebrated, I thought Pickford, Stones & Maguire were excellent, Shaw had a poor first half and a great 2nd (Saka the reverse), Sterling has certainly answered his critics, Grealish is a match winner and Southgate made all the right calls but the Germans were an average team, lucky to get through against Hungary, and the Muller miss said it was our day. But we will need to go up a gear to win it.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Euro 2021 Thread on 12:08 - Jun 30 with 1255 viewsChaffRAFC

I'm certain I'm in a minority but I can't full get behind Southgate and his negative line-ups. We have Jack Grealish, Jaydon Sancho and Phil Foden, three sensational attacking talents who can barely get themselves on the pitch because we line-up to prevent goals rather than score them. From a results perspective it's worked a treat so far, 3 wins out of 4, into the quarter finals and not a goal conceded. But I want to feel excited about watching England and want to feel excited on the morning of a game and I just can't.

This sounds ridiculous but even if we won the tournament, I wouldn't want Southgate in charge.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Euro 2021 Thread on 12:25 - Jun 30 with 1217 viewsD_Alien

Euro 2021 Thread on 11:52 - Jun 30 by tony_roch975

hate to be boring DA but I agree with both - it was a fantastic win to be fully celebrated, I thought Pickford, Stones & Maguire were excellent, Shaw had a poor first half and a great 2nd (Saka the reverse), Sterling has certainly answered his critics, Grealish is a match winner and Southgate made all the right calls but the Germans were an average team, lucky to get through against Hungary, and the Muller miss said it was our day. But we will need to go up a gear to win it.

I don't see that as boring at all - but it's far more than an attempt to pour cold water on an historic result in the immediate aftermath whilst having a dig about the workrate of one of the players - as if they'd put less than they were capable of on the pitch on that day in the full glare of international publicity

Euro 2021 Thread on 12:33 - Jun 30 with 1182 viewspioneer

Euro 2021 Thread on 11:28 - Jun 30 by dingdangblue

What a wonderful night. To finally get that monkey off our backs of never beating anyone of note over 90 mins in a knockout game in a tournament is huge and Southgate and the players deserve all the accolades they are getting today. Our main concern now is looking too far ahead to the final because the pressure will be huge now - Ukraine, Denmark or Czech are games that England should ordinarily win and we be overwhelming favourites to win. Complacency will be our main obstacle - as long as Southgate and the players keep focused and keep grounded there is no reason why we can't reach our 1st major final since 66.

ordinarily we should have beaten Croatia in Russia and Iceland in France.

Great result, much to celebrate but one game at a time.
Euro 2021 Thread on 12:35 - Jun 30 with 1179 viewsdingdangblue

Euro 2021 Thread on 12:08 - Jun 30 by ChaffRAFC

I'm certain I'm in a minority but I can't full get behind Southgate and his negative line-ups. We have Jack Grealish, Jaydon Sancho and Phil Foden, three sensational attacking talents who can barely get themselves on the pitch because we line-up to prevent goals rather than score them. From a results perspective it's worked a treat so far, 3 wins out of 4, into the quarter finals and not a goal conceded. But I want to feel excited about watching England and want to feel excited on the morning of a game and I just can't.

This sounds ridiculous but even if we won the tournament, I wouldn't want Southgate in charge.

That is ridiculous. Italia 90 semi final and Euro 96 semi final are rightly lauded as fantastic performances by England but in both tournaments we were very average v Eire,Egypt,Belgium,Cameroon (90) and Switz,Scotland and Spain (96) - you've got to earn the right to get to a final and we've not done it since 66 which is quite frankly embarrassing. Yesterday's formation is only negative if you sit back and allow the opposition to dictate but we were mainly positive and one of our wingbacks was heavily involved in both goals. Yes we all want champagne football but it rarely wins you a tournament.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Euro 2021 Thread on 13:13 - Jun 30 with 1140 views442Dale

Euro 2021 Thread on 12:35 - Jun 30 by dingdangblue

That is ridiculous. Italia 90 semi final and Euro 96 semi final are rightly lauded as fantastic performances by England but in both tournaments we were very average v Eire,Egypt,Belgium,Cameroon (90) and Switz,Scotland and Spain (96) - you've got to earn the right to get to a final and we've not done it since 66 which is quite frankly embarrassing. Yesterday's formation is only negative if you sit back and allow the opposition to dictate but we were mainly positive and one of our wingbacks was heavily involved in both goals. Yes we all want champagne football but it rarely wins you a tournament.

That’s a good way of looking at it, the professional performance stood out with the way they set up and looked to manage the game. Similarities to the Parkin teams who’d win games 2-0 in an effective manner.

Euro 2021 Thread on 20:05 - Jul 3 with 819 viewsD_Alien

Shit workrate though...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024