Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM 11:53 - Oct 3 with 33231 viewsColDale

Matt Southall has written to the club to ask them to cancel Wednesday's EGM:

Dear Sirs

We are happy to enter positive discussions with the Board. We suggest a meeting next week.

Unfortunately, the Board has initiated an EGM with the sole intention of seeking to dilute our shareholding. We have taken legal advice upon that process and the Board will receive correspondence from our Solicitors within the next 24 hours.

The correspondence will insist that the Board sends notice to all shareholders of the cancellation of the EGM on Monday 4 October.

If the Board try to proceed with the EGM, we are advised by the lawyers to start legal proceedings in The High Court to obtain an Injunction on Tuesday to ensure that the meeting does not proceed. We do not want to do that, but if the Board do not cancel the meeting, we will, and will also seek an order that the Directors who initiated the EGM pay the costs.

I stress that this is not a route that we want to take, but if the Board refuse to act in a co-operative manner, we will be left with no choice. The decision to call an EGM was a poorly conceived and unhelpful tactic which individual Directors will be held to account for, if they chose to proceed.

The best starting point for a constructive discussion is for the Board to immediately — this weekend — cancel the EGM. We will see this as a very positive and sensible move; and we can sit down and talk next week to explore all options with the Board. A pre-condition of commercial discussions with the Board, is confidentiality. You will understand that placing commercial discussions into the public domain is very unhelpful.

We are keen to reach a solution as soon as possible. We are sure that positive discussions can take place in the next week or shortly thereafter, so long as we can undertake the discussions without the need to tell the lawyers to commence action on Tuesday and on the basis that we are not going to read what we have discussed in confidence with the Board, half an hour later on the internet.

We look forward to your urgent response.

Regards

Matt Southall
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 14:15 - Oct 3 with 4664 viewsDevonDale

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 14:01 - Oct 3 by tony_roch975

true it's only seeking authority but possibly because Simon Gauge is quoted in the MEN article of 29.9 as saying "Mr Gauge said he wants to protect the fan-owned club from future takeover bids by issuing new shares for existing shareholders, directors and 'new people who want to invest in the club' - possibly season ticket holders." By implication that must mean limited or no pre-emption rights so it would dilute all existing shareholders holding (including MH/Southall & The Trust)

I understand that, but the Board can't just remove the pre-emption rights unilaterally. They would need a special resolution of shareholders to be passed (75% of votes at an EGM), and with all that is going on with the shares, that would possibly be difficult to get passed.

This week's EGM is not about the pre-emption rights, so that would need to be addressed at a later date.
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 14:21 - Oct 3 with 4627 viewsThreeLions

Matthew I would stop digging an even bigger hole than your already in petal.
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 14:26 - Oct 3 with 4583 viewskel

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 13:34 - Oct 3 by UpTheDaleNotForSale

This was the Charlton Trust's response when he tried to sue them:

https://www.castrust.org/2020/05/cast-responds-to-southalls-threat-to-sue/

Why does this absolute nobody think he has the right to tell people how they should be doing things?

Matthew. Flower. If we want some knocked off CD’s we’ll be in touch, otherwise I refer you to my post earlier in this thread.
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 14:37 - Oct 3 with 4532 viewstony_roch975

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 14:15 - Oct 3 by DevonDale

I understand that, but the Board can't just remove the pre-emption rights unilaterally. They would need a special resolution of shareholders to be passed (75% of votes at an EGM), and with all that is going on with the shares, that would possibly be difficult to get passed.

This week's EGM is not about the pre-emption rights, so that would need to be addressed at a later date.

Both true but as it is the Chair of the Board's stated intention MS etc would be correct in being concerned their stake is going to be diluted at some point.

As no contemporary Articles have been provided by the Club we can't be sure but Clause 47 of The Articles previously provided by the Club uses the wording "may direct" in relation to applying pre-emption rights but without such direction "the Directors may dispose of the same in such manner as they think most beneficial to the company".

That looks like a large dose of elbow room.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 14:51 - Oct 3 with 4457 viewsDorkingDale

There's really only one response to this attempt to bully the Board by threat of personal financial claims:

C U Next Tuesday (or Wednesday maybe?)
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 14:54 - Oct 3 with 4449 viewswebbo

Hello guys. That Charlton fan here again.
Simply want to say what a good job you’re doing being so vigilant and thorough.
All true fans know what you feel, that if your club is threatened it goes to the deep hearts core.
I certainly agree Southall should take the advice expressed here to ‘fook’-off. Mind you now we know about him it is not right to tell him to go elsewhere, maybe to another club (he has tried at a lot of clubs) but all of us who love our respective clubs need to be vigilant with regard to Southall and his associates, and be quick to warn others who don’t know about him at the earliest opportunity.
It is telling that he says he wants to get up to his shenanigans, but doesn’t want it plastered over the internet within half an hour.
No shit Sherlock.
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 14:55 - Oct 3 with 4446 views49thseason

Even if pre-emption rights remain in place, Southall and Curran et al will have to cough up more money directly into the club if they want to buy their allocation and maintain their level of shareholding. The risk is that there may be shares left unsold but they can remain in the treasury, in reality we will be no worse off than we are now except there will be more shares unissued. Until such time as their shares are officially added to the shareholder register, they dont have a dog in the fight and cannot appoint a proxy or attend a meeting. The club has no reason to believe that the,shareholder register needs to be changed if there is no official notification of the sale together with an appropriate payment and even in the event such paper work is received, they have, I believe, 2 months to change the register, assuming of course that they approve the sale. The Directors have a duty of care for the legal entity which is RAFC Ltd. I am confident they will not rubber stamp a shares sale which may endanger the club by allowing unsuitable people to become major shareholders, I have no doubt the EFL will concur with such a decision! Simply splitting a shareholding does not mean that people acting in concert can undermine the EFL rules about fit and proper people. Comments in correspondence including "we " are telling..!
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 15:02 - Oct 3 with 4411 viewsRAFCBLUE

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 14:54 - Oct 3 by webbo

All true fans know what you feel, that if your club is threatened it goes to the deep hearts core.
I certainly agree Southall should take the advice expressed here to ‘fook’-off. Mind you now we know about him it is not right to tell him to go elsewhere, maybe to another club (he has tried at a lot of clubs) but all of us who love our respective clubs need to be vigilant with regard to Southall and his associates, and be quick to warn others who don’t know about him at the earliest opportunity.
It is telling that he says he wants to get up to his shenanigans, but doesn’t want it plastered over the internet within half an hour.
No shit Sherlock.

Thanks for the good wishes webbo. I sense Charlton have been on this journey so know how it ends.

If he was hoping to keep this quiet his email appeared to have had the opposite effect looking at the social media mentioned for Matt Southall on Facebook and Twitter.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Login to get fewer ads

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 15:15 - Oct 3 with 4343 viewsShun

I think that’s the most misguided and patronising email I’ve ever seen. I especially love how scared he is of his threats being shared in the public domain. If you don’t want people to know you’re a dick, don’t be a dick.
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 16:08 - Oct 3 with 4166 viewsMarjorie_Plane

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 14:54 - Oct 3 by webbo

No shit Sherlock.

Oh my webbo. I sincerely apologise and I think it may be my comment your are referring to regarding seeking out another victim. I do apologise if i offended you or anyone else for that matter. That was never my intention and you are correct as we should all stay together in this fight. In mitigation, my remark was more holistic really as the leopard we have before us, as the saying goes, will never change his spots. He has bullied everyone and sadly webbo, with my experience of life & these sorts of humans, they go on to bully others. He won't stop. Be it a business person, a builder, a friend or a football club. He will just pick the next. I think bullying and narcissism are inextricably linked.

I've heard from a friend that Matthew wouldn't even be able to afford a taxi to the High Court never mind a case!

Thank you for support my friend. We are as one x
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 16:36 - Oct 3 with 4049 viewsMoonyDale

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 16:08 - Oct 3 by Marjorie_Plane

Oh my webbo. I sincerely apologise and I think it may be my comment your are referring to regarding seeking out another victim. I do apologise if i offended you or anyone else for that matter. That was never my intention and you are correct as we should all stay together in this fight. In mitigation, my remark was more holistic really as the leopard we have before us, as the saying goes, will never change his spots. He has bullied everyone and sadly webbo, with my experience of life & these sorts of humans, they go on to bully others. He won't stop. Be it a business person, a builder, a friend or a football club. He will just pick the next. I think bullying and narcissism are inextricably linked.

I've heard from a friend that Matthew wouldn't even be able to afford a taxi to the High Court never mind a case!

Thank you for support my friend. We are as one x

Do we think anyone from these snakes would dare show their faces or any proxy's at the EGM ? Do we need a reception party on hand outside in case they do? I'll be there if deemed necessary.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 16:38 - Oct 3 with 4039 viewswebbo

Please, I meant no slight, it is good that a group of fan bases can share info.
Keep up the fight.
Southall is totally materialistic and that is always going to be his downfall.
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 16:55 - Oct 3 with 3951 views1907

Is now a good time for the trust to maybe think about a go fund me page to raise money from the wider football world?

Everything I see on social media is about how all proper fans club together when required to scare away these scumbags.

I’m sure there are plenty of Charlton fans who would contribute to a pot to buy shares and prevent Southall becoming any more involved, plus there’s plenty of other fans who would also support us.

Let’s get it out there in the wider football world & try and make the most of the situation.
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 16:57 - Oct 3 with 3945 viewsRAFCBLUE

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 16:55 - Oct 3 by 1907

Is now a good time for the trust to maybe think about a go fund me page to raise money from the wider football world?

Everything I see on social media is about how all proper fans club together when required to scare away these scumbags.

I’m sure there are plenty of Charlton fans who would contribute to a pot to buy shares and prevent Southall becoming any more involved, plus there’s plenty of other fans who would also support us.

Let’s get it out there in the wider football world & try and make the most of the situation.

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/one-off-trust-donation-for-shares/

This is the page.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 17:04 - Oct 3 with 3902 viewsMarjorie_Plane

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 16:36 - Oct 3 by MoonyDale

Do we think anyone from these snakes would dare show their faces or any proxy's at the EGM ? Do we need a reception party on hand outside in case they do? I'll be there if deemed necessary.....

Morton House may send Valarie but the care home locks the door at 10pm so it will be tight to get back to Chingford. As to the other 'investor', he's hiding from his debtors somewhere in Dubai
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 17:08 - Oct 3 with 3866 views1907

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 16:57 - Oct 3 by RAFCBLUE

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/one-off-trust-donation-for-shares/

This is the page.

Honestly let’s get that anywhere & everywhere. This could be an absolute cash cow for the trust and the golden gun to get rid of this weapon. Can someone share it across the Charlton channels to try & raise awareness?
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 17:09]
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 19:13 - Oct 3 with 3576 viewsfinberty

"....the Board will receive correspondence from our Solicitors within the next 24 hours.

The correspondence will insist that the Board sends notice to all shareholders..."

This has absolutely no legal effect. It is neither a court order nor an injunction.

Best get back Google Matthew lad, and do your research.
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 19:29 - Oct 3 with 3530 viewsAlan_ADale

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 19:13 - Oct 3 by finberty

"....the Board will receive correspondence from our Solicitors within the next 24 hours.

The correspondence will insist that the Board sends notice to all shareholders..."

This has absolutely no legal effect. It is neither a court order nor an injunction.

Best get back Google Matthew lad, and do your research.

it's an idle threat that naffall and his mates will embarrass themselves with. had a word with my legal eagle and he said send me the case - it's the easiest win I'll ever get.
shareholders will win the egm on wednesday supporting the club, and the idiots behind such a poorly executed attempt to turn Dale into a money laundry will be out of pocket again. good.
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 19:51 - Oct 3 with 3435 viewswozzrafc

Well so much for not wanting a say and letting the clubs directors run the club.

He’s trying to put the perception across that he has given the club and fans ample opportunities to work with him. He may think he can get control but so far it’s just been words.

So Mr Southall if we are to believe a single word of your bullshit story you spun with your conversation with the Trust then let the shareholders have their say on how they want the club to be run. Or as we suspect your talking bollocks and have ulterior motives. Either way your not welcome.

Guess we find out tomorrow how serious he is.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 20:15]
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 21:55 - Oct 3 with 3127 viewsRAFCBLUE

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 19:51 - Oct 3 by wozzrafc

Well so much for not wanting a say and letting the clubs directors run the club.

He’s trying to put the perception across that he has given the club and fans ample opportunities to work with him. He may think he can get control but so far it’s just been words.

So Mr Southall if we are to believe a single word of your bullshit story you spun with your conversation with the Trust then let the shareholders have their say on how they want the club to be run. Or as we suspect your talking bollocks and have ulterior motives. Either way your not welcome.

Guess we find out tomorrow how serious he is.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 20:15]

Morton House were very clear here on 21st August:

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/august/efl-statement-rochdale-afc2/

"Having considered the request for information made of them, Morton House MGT, on behalf of its directors, and representatives, has now informed the League that it is formally withdrawing from the approval process and plans to divest the shares acquired in the Club at the earliest opportunity."

After that the following happened:
https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/03779852/fili

To put some distance between them and the authorities:
1) On 20 August 2021 Faical Safouane bought all the shares of Morton House.
2) On 24 August 2021 Darrell Rose resigned as a director having served since 1 May 2021, the period of the takeover.
3) On 6 September 2021 they moved their registered office 400 metres from one Regus office to another.
4) On 13 September 2021 filed a set of accounts that showed they have breached the EFL rules

Southall's involvement is only another murky set of fingerprints to add on the end of the character list which is now upto:
* Andrew Kirk Curran
* Darrell Rose
* Denise Valerie Courtnell
* Faical Safouane
* Matthew Southall
* Alexander Jarvis

It would be amazing for young Faical Safouane to now want to turn up and vote on Wednesday. I'm sure a lot of Rochdale people, the local gendarmes included would make anyone on this list very welcome in the police stations of the borough.

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 22:16 - Oct 3 with 3051 viewswozzrafc

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 21:55 - Oct 3 by RAFCBLUE

Morton House were very clear here on 21st August:

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/august/efl-statement-rochdale-afc2/

"Having considered the request for information made of them, Morton House MGT, on behalf of its directors, and representatives, has now informed the League that it is formally withdrawing from the approval process and plans to divest the shares acquired in the Club at the earliest opportunity."

After that the following happened:
https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/03779852/fili

To put some distance between them and the authorities:
1) On 20 August 2021 Faical Safouane bought all the shares of Morton House.
2) On 24 August 2021 Darrell Rose resigned as a director having served since 1 May 2021, the period of the takeover.
3) On 6 September 2021 they moved their registered office 400 metres from one Regus office to another.
4) On 13 September 2021 filed a set of accounts that showed they have breached the EFL rules

Southall's involvement is only another murky set of fingerprints to add on the end of the character list which is now upto:
* Andrew Kirk Curran
* Darrell Rose
* Denise Valerie Courtnell
* Faical Safouane
* Matthew Southall
* Alexander Jarvis

It would be amazing for young Faical Safouane to now want to turn up and vote on Wednesday. I'm sure a lot of Rochdale people, the local gendarmes included would make anyone on this list very welcome in the police stations of the borough.

You can add David Bottemley to that list!

Excellent work RAFCBLUE you have a knack of piecing the jigsaw together superbly!!

Interesting you make the point about someone turning up on Wednesday….. if they were unable to stop the EGM would someone turn up in an attempt to keep their takeover alive?
Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 22:28 - Oct 3 with 2994 viewsRAFCBLUE

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 11:58 - Oct 3 by Dalenet

I am not surprised. If I thought I had shares (he thinks he does) and my shareholding was being diluted I would seek to stop it. The thing is, does he believe he is a shareholder? Has the club received a change of ownership request for the shares he claims he owns?

Of course this action proves his meeting with the Trust was all lies. If he didn't want to run the club why would he be worried? This is the legacy of Andrew Kilpatrick. His father will be turning in his grave.

The role of Andrew Kirk Curran is the one that will have the EFL and the folks at HM Revenue and Customs scratching their heads and looking very carefully.

He turned up at the club and made a load of claims, which were untrue.

He turned up at an EFL meeting at which he made a homophobic slur which the EFL / FA are still investigating.

The shares are claimed to be owned by Morton House which is under investigation from the EFL

Morton House is 100% owned by Faical Safouane.

Legally, Andrew Kirk Curran doesn't get a look in. He can't go to court, he can't say anything or do anything. Nor can Matthew Southall.

Faical Safouane can. Not sure if a 37 year old understand how to do that and on what basis but he'll have help.

The club can't engage with Morton House until the EFL processes are complete for two reasons (1) there is a live EFL disciplinary review underway and (2) Morton House said it was divesting - so not interested in the club.

Curran and Southall can sit in Spain/Essex/Dubai and threaten what they like but it will be Morton House and Faical Safouane on the stand.

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 22:39 - Oct 3 with 2953 viewsmikehunt

I believe you need to be a shareholder to attend. So no point any of them turning up.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 23:20 - Oct 3 with 2856 viewsjudd

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 22:39 - Oct 3 by mikehunt

I believe you need to be a shareholder to attend. So no point any of them turning up.

Or proxy

Poll: What is it to be then?

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 07:47 - Oct 4 with 2608 viewsRAFCBLUE

Non shareholder tries to cancel EGM on 23:20 - Oct 3 by judd

Or proxy

The deadline for proxy votes to be received was 7pm last night, judd.

As they say on the telly: "THE VOTES ARE IN!"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024