Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient 17:20 - Nov 12 with 13601 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/56243/match-preview-dale-vs

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 21:15 - Nov 12 with 5256 viewspioneer

Remember well the first ever game against them. Our first following promotion in 1969. They had a young team with several kids who went on to bigger things (Dennis rofe to Chelsea I think, Tommy Taylor to west ham). They thrashed us 3-0 at Spotland. Rofe tore us to bits with his runs from full back…really spoiled our party but we soon learned the lessons about Div 3 football and went on a long run that led to us being top by November.
Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 21:53 - Nov 12 with 5205 viewsEllDale

We came back down to earth with a bump in that game having just achieved promotion and then beaten a full strength Everton team the week before in a friendly.
Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 22:27 - Nov 12 with 5157 views_Windydale

Without a goal poacher, it's another tough game. We seem to be able to score the set pieces and technical goals but someone to score the scruffy goals is what we desperately need.
Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 22:55 - Nov 12 with 5111 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Use a few more Subs please Mr S........change things round just a tad?

Shoot more, stay onside Matty Done. Try not to conceed corners ,we can't defend them.

That 'll do for now.
Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 23:17 - Nov 12 with 5079 viewsmingthemerciless

Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 21:15 - Nov 12 by pioneer

Remember well the first ever game against them. Our first following promotion in 1969. They had a young team with several kids who went on to bigger things (Dennis rofe to Chelsea I think, Tommy Taylor to west ham). They thrashed us 3-0 at Spotland. Rofe tore us to bits with his runs from full back…really spoiled our party but we soon learned the lessons about Div 3 football and went on a long run that led to us being top by November.

I remember it well, Rofe didn’t give Norman Whithead an inch and spent most of the game bombing up and down the wing. It was obvious he was one for the future. Taylor looked a good prospect as well. Both of them moved on to First Division clubs later in their careers.
Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 11:58 - Nov 13 with 4693 viewsdawlishdale

Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 23:17 - Nov 12 by mingthemerciless

I remember it well, Rofe didn’t give Norman Whithead an inch and spent most of the game bombing up and down the wing. It was obvious he was one for the future. Taylor looked a good prospect as well. Both of them moved on to First Division clubs later in their careers.

My first ever League game...but I went against Everton just before.

Did we play Crystal Palace in the League Cup that season or was it later?
Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 12:04 - Nov 13 with 4669 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 11:58 - Nov 13 by dawlishdale

My first ever League game...but I went against Everton just before.

Did we play Crystal Palace in the League Cup that season or was it later?

Season after, 1970/71, when we also played Coventry.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 12:11 - Nov 13 with 4666 viewspioneer

next game after orient was at bolton in league cup. 3-1 up, including a Jenkins thunderbolt) and got stuffed 6-3. After that there was some serious rearrangements in defence…went to stockport and won 1-0 and onwards and upwards from there.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 12:56 - Nov 13 with 4582 viewsmingthemerciless

Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 12:11 - Nov 13 by pioneer

next game after orient was at bolton in league cup. 3-1 up, including a Jenkins thunderbolt) and got stuffed 6-3. After that there was some serious rearrangements in defence…went to stockport and won 1-0 and onwards and upwards from there.

I went to that one as well. That Reg Jenkins free kick was in my top 5 free kicks of all time. A real thunderbolt as you say. Eddie Hopkinson in the Bolton goal never moved. We played well that night but John Byrom was just too good for us.
Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 12:58 - Nov 13 with 4571 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 12:56 - Nov 13 by mingthemerciless

I went to that one as well. That Reg Jenkins free kick was in my top 5 free kicks of all time. A real thunderbolt as you say. Eddie Hopkinson in the Bolton goal never moved. We played well that night but John Byrom was just too good for us.

First home game of the season I'm missing today. Might be a good omen

Up The Dale.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 12:58 - Nov 13 with 4574 viewsHullDale

massively tempting fate here - but I've got a good feeling about today. we're overdue a big performance and big result... listening to RS it felt like he was a bit aggrieved after Notts so expecting a fast start and a reaction today.
Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 14:04 - Nov 13 with 4430 viewsHullDale

Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 14:51 - Nov 13 with 4239 viewsMoonyDale

Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 12:58 - Nov 13 by boromat

First home game of the season I'm missing today. Might be a good omen

Up The Dale.

I'm also missing my first game of the season so far, feeling rather under the weather today so resting up for a few days, tough game today methinks, I'll take a draw now.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 15:04 - Nov 13 with 4183 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 14:51 - Nov 13 by MoonyDale

I'm also missing my first game of the season so far, feeling rather under the weather today so resting up for a few days, tough game today methinks, I'll take a draw now.....

1-0 Dale in less than 1 minute

Kelly floats in a cross from the left wing, headed back across the box by O'keefe & Newby heads it home from 3 yards

Dream start
[Post edited 13 Nov 2021 15:21]
Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 15:23 - Nov 13 with 4082 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 15:04 - Nov 13 by Nigeriamark

1-0 Dale in less than 1 minute

Kelly floats in a cross from the left wing, headed back across the box by O'keefe & Newby heads it home from 3 yards

Dream start
[Post edited 13 Nov 2021 15:21]

we have been outplayed since the goal, with a last ditch clearance from Dorsett & a header that hit the underside of the bar. You can see why they are one of the in -form teams, they are playing some nice football.

EDIT 1-1. well deserved equaliser although a hint of offside. We couldn't clear the ball in midfield & their player was slipped in for a 1 on 1 with the keeper & finished easily

[Post edited 13 Nov 2021 15:27]
Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 15:31 - Nov 13 with 3985 viewsdeeplishblue

They are much too tall and much too skilful for us.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 15:34 - Nov 13 with 3961 viewsCleedale

Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 15:31 - Nov 13 by deeplishblue

Aye, all taller, quicker and pressing very fast.
Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 15:34 - Nov 13 with 3961 viewsSaxonDale

Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 15:31 - Nov 13 by deeplishblue

Graham's having a stinker.
Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 15:37 - Nov 13 with 3916 viewsShun

Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 15:34 - Nov 13 by SaxonDale

I’ve just watched their goal on frame by frame replay and Graham’s playing him onside. He’s well behind the rest of the defence.

Also not sure what happened with the recent foul but the commentators and Alan McInally say the Orient player is very lucky to still be on the pitch.
Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 15:44 - Nov 13 with 3833 viewsdale1968

Chasing shadows....

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 15:46 - Nov 13 with 3812 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 15:37 - Nov 13 by Shun

I’ve just watched their goal on frame by frame replay and Graham’s playing him onside. He’s well behind the rest of the defence.

Also not sure what happened with the recent foul but the commentators and Alan McInally say the Orient player is very lucky to still be on the pitch.

Their player moved his head against Newby's face & Newby then dived clutching his face. O'keefe then came in pushing their player over. Newby continued to try an win an Oscar by holding his face for at least 30 seconds. Ref saw that he was faking and wouldn't let the physio on.

Their player got a yellow which was odd because I would have thought it was either nothing at all or a straight red. O'keefe got booked for retaliation. Surprised Newby wasn't booked for play acting because it was pathetic
[Post edited 13 Nov 2021 15:47]
Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 15:48 - Nov 13 with 3792 viewsBarrowdale

Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 15:44 - Nov 13 by dale1968

Chasing shadows....

Christ if Robbies watching this, get Graham and Dorsett off and play with two up ftont. We’re at home ffs. This style of boring shite unfortunately will be his downfall
Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 15:48 - Nov 13 with 3780 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 15:34 - Nov 13 by SaxonDale

Thats unusual
Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 15:50 - Nov 13 with 3777 viewsHullDale

If the ref / lino saw enough to give a yellow, it had to be a red.

Its telling that for 2/3 mins after that incident, they couldn't decide on throw ins or free kicks - their heads wobbled and they lost all authority.
Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 15:55 - Nov 13 with 3695 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Dale vs Leyton Orient on 15:50 - Nov 13 by HullDale

If the ref / lino saw enough to give a yellow, it had to be a red.

Its telling that for 2/3 mins after that incident, they couldn't decide on throw ins or free kicks - their heads wobbled and they lost all authority.

1-1 at HT

They are the better team although after the handbags incident we seem to have got a little more into it. As pointed out they have played a very effective pressing game & we have been misplacing passes, miss controlling it under pressure etc. They should be ahead, but at 1-1 still anybody's game. We need a big effort for the next 45
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024