Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR V WBA match thread. 23:56 - Jan 14 with 26721 viewsqpr_1968

1-0 us......goalscorer, any one of 10.

can't wait.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:10 - Jan 15 with 2141 viewsMick_S

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:05 - Jan 15 by Boston

Quiet thread for such a big game.

Most there, Bos.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:11 - Jan 15 with 2109 viewsqpr_1968

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:05 - Jan 15 by Boston

Quiet thread for such a big game.

all we needed was the first post.....

i thank you.

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:12 - Jan 15 with 2099 viewsstainrods_elbow

Thrilling, hard-fought, wonderful stuff from our Rs. W started slowly again, but really grew into the game, and I think we deserved it at the death with Charlie's Roy of the Rovers moment. Willock was a cut above again, but the bloodied and bandaged Barbet was my MOM after that tosser Dike shoved him, dangerously and negligently unpunished, into the hoardings, so he can shove up that up as his fat American butt. Sweet revenge for our result up there, so all the nicer to pull their Baggie trousers down. Statement!

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:13 - Jan 15 with 2042 viewsBklynRanger

A belated GET THE FCUK IN.

That was ballsy stuff.
QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:13 - Jan 15 with 2039 viewsDylanP

Barbet -- Fckin legend!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:14 - Jan 15 with 2008 viewshantssi

Good call 68, can you start match threads more often.
I’m only disappointed that you didn’t call the scorer!
QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:16 - Jan 15 with 1966 viewsqpr_1968

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:14 - Jan 15 by hantssi

Good call 68, can you start match threads more often.
I’m only disappointed that you didn’t call the scorer!

i did say one of ten......lol.

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:16 - Jan 15 with 1955 viewsHoopstar

Still in self-isolation with Covid so had to give my ticket up but think everyone within a mile of me knows we scored a late winner today. Can't find the cat after he bolted!

Great, great win from what I could see - even the hopelessly biased Andy Johnson was full of praise for Willock as the most talented player on the pitch.

What a team we have this season.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:16 - Jan 15 with 1947 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
I'm still catching my breath.
What a wonderful win 1-0
And the icing on the cake - Charlie Austin scoring the winning goal - against his former club - a minute from the end of normal time - although 7 minutes were added because Barbet was barged in the back - unfairly I thought - by West Broms 7 million signing Dike.
Barbet needed so much treatment - after crashing into an advertising board - that blood was still pouring from his well bandaged head which needed stitches.
The goal - Johanssen driving himself forward - inside the box to Willock - magnificent cross and there was Charlie to head home decisively.
Man of the match Jimmy Dunne.
What brilliant defending from our 3 centre-backs and congratulations to our new keeper David Marshall.
The defence looked really good - obviously they are really confident with the Scottish international between the sticks.
So to the match.
Outpaced in the first half against a West Brom side that has suffered 6 red cards in their last 12 matches and have been on a poor run of form.
But even with their patched up side they still threatened.
Whatever Warbs said at half time it worked.
It was chalk and cheese.
Our intensity, speed and driving forward was excellent.
It was our Rangers from the second half of last season.
We've missed that this season - but there they were delivering again that had the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium absolutely rocking.
Yes Dykes and Gray missed some very difficult half chances but on our second half performance we deserved this.
Up to fourth - 2 points clear of West Brom and Middlesbrough with a game in hand and 3 clear of 7th placed Huddersfield with two games in hand.
We're looking good.
Six wins from our last 8 League matches.
Onto Coventry next Saturday.
The confidence must be bubbling.
Time to sit down!!
QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:17 - Jan 15 with 1919 viewsCLAREMAN1995

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:12 - Jan 15 by stainrods_elbow

Thrilling, hard-fought, wonderful stuff from our Rs. W started slowly again, but really grew into the game, and I think we deserved it at the death with Charlie's Roy of the Rovers moment. Willock was a cut above again, but the bloodied and bandaged Barbet was my MOM after that tosser Dike shoved him, dangerously and negligently unpunished, into the hoardings, so he can shove up that up as his fat American butt. Sweet revenge for our result up there, so all the nicer to pull their Baggie trousers down. Statement!

No excuse for that ref not flashing red it sounds like stainsrod_elbow and not even the decency to show yellow.The standard of ref is pathetic lately at our place
QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:22 - Jan 15 with 1796 viewsJuzzie

QPR V WBA match thread. on 16:57 - Jan 15 by Trom

booo injury-time winner for Middlesbrough. Slight upside is that it's against Reading.

Last minute winners today for us, Luton, Forest and Middlesbrough. Blimey.
QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:23 - Jan 15 with 1783 viewsMatch82

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:17 - Jan 15 by CLAREMAN1995

No excuse for that ref not flashing red it sounds like stainsrod_elbow and not even the decency to show yellow.The standard of ref is pathetic lately at our place

Don't think that was a red myself. Calls for a red are based on the result rather than the action, if this had been at any other stadium in the country where the stands aren't 6 inches from the edge of the pitch, that challenge doesn't have a bad ending.

Unnecessary and possibly a yellow, but not a red.
QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:23 - Jan 15 with 1782 viewsHAYESBOY

Thought Grays goal should of stood as well. Player run into him, all he did was stand his ground then run onto the ball.
Great second half performance. Much more at it.
Willock back to his best. Back 3 like a brick wall.

Get in.

Smells like a trout farm in here

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:24 - Jan 15 with 1750 viewsMick_S

Young lad who got the moment wrong. A very nasty and unnecessary challenge.

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:24 - Jan 15 with 1737 viewsstainrods_elbow

A discreet kick by Dickie at Dike (sounds so good it should be adopted as an official Rs tongue twister) would have been the icing on my cake.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:24 - Jan 15 with 1726 viewspaulparker

Great win , fantastic team performance, barbet for me has really grown into a leader , I hope he stays

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:25 - Jan 15 with 1719 viewsMalintabuk

What an afternoon. I know we are all hoping for a new stadium but when we have games like that the old place is beyond compare, what an atmosphere.
The game itself was really competitive and we seemed a little apprehensive at the beginning and WBA were the better team in the first half.
We did give it away far too much and made some really basic errors, but the 2nd half we were far the better team and we did deserved the win
To sum the game up would be one word.... Barbet.
And the other word is legend
I was if F section of SA stand and I heard him hit that board and I honestly thought that is him finished for the season. I have never seen my nephew looked so shocked and then out came that stretcher.... 😳
Then amazingly he sat up and I swear I saw him give the thumbs up to Warbs and that he wanted to carry on... the man is a legend
For me MOTM was Dunne he was immense closely followed by Willock
Thought Marshall had a really good game and I thought he saved that cross/shot
The whole defence though was good today and if you think about it they never really had a clear chance except that early one
Wow what a win.... and what a great team to get behind.... but for me Barbet epitomises this team
QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:25 - Jan 15 with 1706 viewsBoston

What shall we rate Marshall at after todays shut out …,10 million😀
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 17:26]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:25 - Jan 15 with 1706 viewsdezzar

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:24 - Jan 15 by stainrods_elbow

A discreet kick by Dickie at Dike (sounds so good it should be adopted as an official Rs tongue twister) would have been the icing on my cake.

Fantastic result atmosphere sounded great COYRs
QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:26 - Jan 15 with 1685 viewsOldPedro

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:23 - Jan 15 by Match82

Don't think that was a red myself. Calls for a red are based on the result rather than the action, if this had been at any other stadium in the country where the stands aren't 6 inches from the edge of the pitch, that challenge doesn't have a bad ending.

Unnecessary and possibly a yellow, but not a red.

But often ref's give a card based on the outcome rather than the challenge. Also, did Dike not notice how close the stands are?

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:28 - Jan 15 with 1651 viewsqpr_1968

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:25 - Jan 15 by Malintabuk

What an afternoon. I know we are all hoping for a new stadium but when we have games like that the old place is beyond compare, what an atmosphere.
The game itself was really competitive and we seemed a little apprehensive at the beginning and WBA were the better team in the first half.
We did give it away far too much and made some really basic errors, but the 2nd half we were far the better team and we did deserved the win
To sum the game up would be one word.... Barbet.
And the other word is legend
I was if F section of SA stand and I heard him hit that board and I honestly thought that is him finished for the season. I have never seen my nephew looked so shocked and then out came that stretcher.... 😳
Then amazingly he sat up and I swear I saw him give the thumbs up to Warbs and that he wanted to carry on... the man is a legend
For me MOTM was Dunne he was immense closely followed by Willock
Thought Marshall had a really good game and I thought he saved that cross/shot
The whole defence though was good today and if you think about it they never really had a clear chance except that early one
Wow what a win.... and what a great team to get behind.... but for me Barbet epitomises this team

good summary that mal.

the atmosphere at the end was fantastic, great leaving the ground and seeing/hearing a good vibe all the way back to wormholt road.

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:30 - Jan 15 with 1628 viewsCLAREMAN1995

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:25 - Jan 15 by Boston

What shall we rate Marshall at after todays shut out …,10 million😀
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 17:26]

Come on now Boston stop dicking around and get those highlights up hahaha.
Did you see my NFL thread reply
QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:30 - Jan 15 with 1623 viewsLythamR

not a lot of quality but what an engaging game

Got to love this team, the spirit and determination is immense, if it was a stick of rock it would have "The Right Stuff" written right through it.
QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:30 - Jan 15 with 1619 viewsA40Bosh

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:25 - Jan 15 by dezzar

Fantastic result atmosphere sounded great COYRs

Best atmosphere in months. Spine tingling towards the end.
Great football match.
Barbet came back on with a turban on and suddenly he went from being the Barbinger of Doom to The Turbanator and was smashing into anyone in a yellow shirt who came near him.
Wallace and Stef ran their guts out today.
Weekend set up nicely now

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:31 - Jan 15 with 1610 viewsMick_S

QPR V WBA match thread. on 17:26 - Jan 15 by OldPedro

But often ref's give a card based on the outcome rather than the challenge. Also, did Dike not notice how close the stands are?

Of course he did. Bad challenge.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024