Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton manager. 14:38 - Mar 13 with 13355 viewsknocker

What a little, moaning, miserable git.
Luton manager. on 12:24 - Mar 14 with 3179 viewsed_83

Luton manager. on 12:14 - Mar 14 by OldPedro

Highlights are up on the QPR website - certainly looks offside on the highlights

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/highlights/highlights-luton-town-1-2-qpr-130322/

https://ibb.co/wYjDDVR

He’s definitely beyond Hendrick and Barbet, but he looks level with Dunne to me.
Luton manager. on 12:26 - Mar 14 with 3162 viewsdaveB

Luton manager. on 12:24 - Mar 14 by ed_83

He’s definitely beyond Hendrick and Barbet, but he looks level with Dunne to me.

He looks offside to me, a marginal call. I don't think anyone can blame a linesmen either way for one of these. if you get the VAR lines out he's probably offside
Luton manager. on 12:28 - Mar 14 with 3141 viewsOldPedro

Luton manager. on 12:24 - Mar 14 by ed_83

Must be my glasses - looks offside to me

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Luton manager. on 13:04 - Mar 14 with 2992 viewsDannyPaddox

Luton manager. on 12:17 - Mar 14 by Northernr

I'd love the referee/fourth official opinion on why there seems to be a much higher threshold for being sent to the stands for him compared to other managers. His touchline behaviour is fcking appalling really, and it's absolutely constant. He was right in our eyeline yesterday and my God. As the game was on Sky yesterday you can actually hear and catch a lot of the language being used. I'd have him in the stand every time if I was refereeing, no way in the world am I being spoken to like that.

The trouble with that part of the Luton ground is there’s no stand to send him to. What a s-h-i-t-h-o-l-e-!
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 18:25]
Luton manager. on 13:20 - Mar 14 with 2907 viewsTheChef

Luton manager. on 13:04 - Mar 14 by DannyPaddox

The trouble with that part of the Luton ground is there’s no stand to send him to. What a s-h-i-t-h-o-l-e-!
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 18:25]

I still love the fact they still have those shtty little conservatories down one side of the pitch. They should move them to the new stadium.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Luton manager. on 15:05 - Mar 14 with 2737 viewsfrancisbowles

and me.
Luton manager. on 15:14 - Mar 14 with 2710 viewsJuzzie

We've lost just twice in the League to them in the last 25 games going back to April 1987. Amazing.

Prior to that though we lost 8 and drew 2 of the previous 10.

Jones is a tw@t though. I mean, an adult bloke wearing skinny trousers ........
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 15:17]
Luton manager. on 15:36 - Mar 14 with 2633 viewsozranger

Luton manager. on 17:09 - Mar 13 by PinnerPaul

Haven't seen it yet, but you're right about the law John.

If you all remember they DID change it to any handball (even totally accidental) was punished if it occurred in the build up to a goal - so you had some ridiculous decisions, especially with VAR, where goals were disallowed for 'handball' that no one had even seen!

They then changed the law (again!) so that accidental handball is only now punished if its the actual scorer that commits the accidental handball.

Fascinating that such a law should appear twice in the same weekend.. and with QPR, in one way or another, being involved.

Here, like in our game, the Torquay player "accidentally" handles the ball and it comes to Stephen Duke-McKenna who does ever so well to score.
Login to get fewer ads

Luton manager. on 16:07 - Mar 14 with 2542 viewsQPR_John

Simple law should be any handball accidental or not that results in an advantage should be penalised. But then too simple for the idiots that make the law. Look what they have done to offside.
Luton manager. on 16:44 - Mar 14 with 2426 viewsHarbour

Luton manager. on 12:28 - Mar 14 by OldPedro

Must be my glasses - looks offside to me

Albert looked on in the Hull game but the marginal call went against us and then Charlie v Rotherham so about time calls went our way but to me he did look off yesterday for their goal ruled out.
Luton manager. on 18:01 - Mar 14 with 2266 viewsPinnerPaul

Luton manager. on 12:15 - Mar 14 by ed_83

Completely agree about Chair and Willock getting constantly fouled, but that’s been part of the game for years and something players of their quality should be able to deal with. I can see totally see why Chair got riled up in this instance, it was a cynical tackle, but he lost his cool and should know better: if you put your hands in an opponent’s face it’s a red, regardless of how firm the contact is. It’s as much of a red card as Sanderson’s was against Blackpool, which I don’t remember anyone on here arguing with.

Not bothered by it, particularly given the awful reffing we’ve been on the other end of recently, and like I say Jones’ constant meaning means I have no sympathy whatsoever for him, but it’s still a red.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 12:17]

That's not quite true about any face contact is a red, there is (as usual!) a get out clause

"In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately
strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or
arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible"
Luton manager. on 18:03 - Mar 14 with 2256 viewsPinnerPaul

I'd love the referee/fourth official opinion on why there seems to be a much higher threshold for being sent to the stands for him compared to other managers. His touchline behaviour is fcking appalling really, and it's absolutely constant. He was right in our eyeline yesterday and my God. As the game was on Sky yesterday you can actually hear and catch a lot of the language being used. I'd have him in the stand every time if I was refereeing, no way in the world am I being spoken to like that.

Its a joke - pointless introducing red and yellow cards for the benches and then letting them carry on regardless.
Luton manager. on 18:06 - Mar 14 with 2236 viewsPinnerPaul

Luton manager. on 16:07 - Mar 14 by QPR_John

Simple law should be any handball accidental or not that results in an advantage should be penalised. But then too simple for the idiots that make the law. Look what they have done to offside.

Don't disagree with that John.

Works in Hockey - there any contact with the ball by the foot is penalised, even if someone blasts the ball at you from a yard away!
Luton manager. on 18:07 - Mar 14 with 2219 viewsPinnerPaul

Charlie looked off for the WBA goal though.
Luton manager. on 18:26 - Mar 14 with 2143 viewsted_hendrix

Luton manager. on 18:07 - Mar 14 by PinnerPaul

Charlie looked off for the WBA goal though.

Good.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Luton manager. on 19:36 - Mar 14 with 1990 viewsSuperhoops2808

I said that earlier in the thread

You could hear/lip read whatever you choose what he called that linesman after the goal was flagged offside.

Red from most refs in my opinion
Luton manager. on 20:47 - Mar 14 with 1891 viewsgolborne

Luton manager. on 11:17 - Mar 14 by rrrspricey

They did, within a minute or so of the 2nd half kicking off.

Let's face it we robbed them like we did Cov

The build up was more off side than the goal and a shot from the the edge of the box is a half chance in my book.
Luton manager. on 23:26 - Mar 14 with 1750 viewsgolborne

Luton manager. on 19:52 - Mar 13 by kensalriser

"We've been in the top six, should have been fourth today - if you just do the basics well enough you're fourth in the league today which is the biggest over-achievement in history. I thought we were fine, we were excellent first half, came out second half and could have scored again but these have just never got to work hard to beat us and they beat us all the time."

I love this guy. Comedy gold. It's almost like getting four points for the win.

They didn’t create a good chance that wasn’t off side in 99 mins of football, if that’s what that awful match was.
Luton manager. on 01:22 - Mar 15 with 1695 viewsDavieQPR

Luton manager. on 18:06 - Mar 14 by PinnerPaul

Don't disagree with that John.

Works in Hockey - there any contact with the ball by the foot is penalised, even if someone blasts the ball at you from a yard away!

So what should happen if a player deliberately kicks a ball at another players arm?
Luton manager. on 02:43 - Mar 15 with 1666 viewsNorthernr

Luton manager. on 18:26 - Mar 14 by ted_hendrix

Good.

God I love you Ted. Hope you're well mate.
Luton manager. on 11:38 - Mar 16 with 1252 viewsPinnerPaul

Luton manager. on 01:22 - Mar 15 by DavieQPR

So what should happen if a player deliberately kicks a ball at another players arm?

You either want to make it simple or you don't is my answer!

That's how handball started - had to be 'deliberate' end of.

But what if arm in unnatural position, what if it hits someone's arm and goes in , what if its a team mates' arm and then someone else scored etc etc etc etc etc
Luton manager. on 11:39 - Mar 16 with 1244 viewsPinnerPaul

Luton manager. on 19:36 - Mar 14 by Superhoops2808

I said that earlier in the thread

You could hear/lip read whatever you choose what he called that linesman after the goal was flagged offside.

Red from most refs in my opinion

From most refs operating outside the top 4 leagues.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024