Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FIFA World Cup thread. 12:02 - Nov 15 with 128512 viewsSnipper

I’m trying to get excited about this World Cup, but to no avail :-((.

I’ve just watched Sky Sports World Cup preview with Gary Neville, Jamie Redknapp, Jamie Carragher & Karen Carney. Utterly depressing viewing. Same old, same old. Picking players for the starting XI not playing for their clubs, or totally off form.

I’m hoping this thread can get the juices flowing.

Do any of you think England have a chance?
FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:38 - Dec 14 with 1316 viewsaston_hoop

On Argetina's impressive goalkeeper Emi Martinez, who remembers this performance against us when he was at Wolves?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:43 - Dec 14 with 1310 viewsdaveB

FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:01 - Dec 14 by PinnerPaul

The keeper deliberately blocked him off Dave.

100% agreement on RefChat and that's quite rare!

I just thought he'd already had the shot then ran into him although if he didn't shoot the keeper could have taken him out so can see why it was given just didn't think it was a pen. I didn't feel as strongly about it as Neville though
FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:58 - Dec 14 with 1283 viewsPinnerPaul

FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:43 - Dec 14 by daveB

I just thought he'd already had the shot then ran into him although if he didn't shoot the keeper could have taken him out so can see why it was given just didn't think it was a pen. I didn't feel as strongly about it as Neville though

Fair enough
FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:07 - Dec 14 with 1213 viewsNoelmc

Morocco behind already which probably improves the chances of Chair getting on later.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:19 - Dec 14 with 1190 viewsToast_R

The littlest Chair. Imagine he comes on and does one of his jinking runs and top bins it, seen him do it.... £££££ on his value.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:42 - Dec 14 with 1151 viewsR_from_afar

FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:19 - Dec 14 by Toast_R

The littlest Chair. Imagine he comes on and does one of his jinking runs and top bins it, seen him do it.... £££££ on his value.

If Chair does get on, I will be so proud I think I just might cry

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:46 - Dec 14 with 1134 viewsR_from_afar

Moroccan corner, after the initial play, overhead kick, Lloris and the post just manage to keep it out. So close!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:18 - Dec 14 with 1083 viewsToast_R

French are rattled, Mbappe so far seems more interested in rolling around like a tart. Morocco just need to get that final ball right, they're playing so well..
Login to get fewer ads

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:27 - Dec 14 with 1056 viewsDorse

Game is crying out for West London's Moroccan Messi.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:29 - Dec 14 with 1038 viewsRanger_Things

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:18 - Dec 14 by Toast_R

French are rattled, Mbappe so far seems more interested in rolling around like a tart. Morocco just need to get that final ball right, they're playing so well..

I’m not sure. It looks to me like the same plan as against England. Get the goal and then sit back, only committing a few on counter attacks.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:34 - Dec 14 with 1026 viewsMick_S

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:29 - Dec 14 by Ranger_Things

I’m not sure. It looks to me like the same plan as against England. Get the goal and then sit back, only committing a few on counter attacks.

Do Morocco have the legs to keep this up? I hope so. A bit naive in the box.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:38 - Dec 14 with 1003 viewsRanger_Things

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:34 - Dec 14 by Mick_S

Do Morocco have the legs to keep this up? I hope so. A bit naive in the box.

I hope so. They have worked out France are ropey down their left and are making the most of it.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:38 - Dec 14 with 1003 viewsR_from_afar

Nooooo
2-0

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:41 - Dec 14 with 981 viewsRanger_Things

Balls. Game over.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:42 - Dec 14 with 978 viewsconnell10

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:38 - Dec 14 by R_from_afar

Nooooo
2-0

Poor Chair can't get on at 2-0 down.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:44 - Dec 14 with 962 viewsToast_R

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:42 - Dec 14 by connell10

Poor Chair can't get on at 2-0 down.

Hope he gets a chance in the third place friendly
FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:46 - Dec 14 with 953 viewsconnell10

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:44 - Dec 14 by Toast_R

Hope he gets a chance in the third place friendly

Can't see it mate , obviously the boss don't rate him . Pointless him being there apart from the money we got from it I suppose.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:55 - Dec 14 with 904 viewsRanger_Things

How the fck did that not go in? Have to say Morocco would have smashed England to bits.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2022 20:55]
FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:56 - Dec 14 with 1523 viewsManinBlack

So for all the upsets along the way we still end up with two familiar countries in the final and ultimately a familiar winner of tournament football.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:05 - Dec 14 with 1472 viewsToast_R

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:56 - Dec 14 by ManinBlack

So for all the upsets along the way we still end up with two familiar countries in the final and ultimately a familiar winner of tournament football.

Should be a good final I guess. I'm not that fussed who wins, like most world cup finals it comes down to who do I dislike less?

England should have won this tournament.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:11 - Dec 14 with 1456 viewsChrisNW6

FIFA World Cup thread. on 20:46 - Dec 14 by connell10

Can't see it mate , obviously the boss don't rate him . Pointless him being there apart from the money we got from it I suppose.

I think the player would argue differently, what an experience for the lad. Be very surprised if he doesn't start the 3rd place game and he has a chance to display his talents to a massive audience. This has put Moroccan football on the map and potentially add value to future transfer fees.

He will come back a more mature player and can only have benefited in a positive way.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:14 - Dec 14 with 1449 viewsMick_S

FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:05 - Dec 14 by Toast_R

Should be a good final I guess. I'm not that fussed who wins, like most world cup finals it comes down to who do I dislike less?

Same here. One of my sons’ asked me who I want, and my answer, when I do not really care, is that whichever team starts with the snide and narky stuff can do one. I’d probably edge with France, but the Messi thing is something else. If he chins someone I’ll take the dog out.

I don’t know. It would have been Morocco all day.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:21 - Dec 14 with 1428 viewsdaveB

I hope Argentina win it for Messi but think the French will win. You can see whYySouthgate sets up as he does when you see how France go about things and get to finals. Very dull and hard to beat but with some explosive players in attack who will always win you games. Griezzmann was superb again tonight though
FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:22 - Dec 14 with 1421 viewspaulparker

FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:05 - Dec 14 by Toast_R

2 of the most luckiest and detestable teams in the competition
Both don’t deserve to be there as both have had corrupt referees all through the tournament giving them favours , well FIFA get their dream final of Messi vs Mpape
For me this goes down as the worst World Cup in history and pretty much ends most of my interest in football anymore

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

FIFA World Cup thread. on 22:18 - Dec 14 with 1352 viewsdaveB

FIFA World Cup thread. on 21:22 - Dec 14 by paulparker

2 of the most luckiest and detestable teams in the competition
Both don’t deserve to be there as both have had corrupt referees all through the tournament giving them favours , well FIFA get their dream final of Messi vs Mpape
For me this goes down as the worst World Cup in history and pretty much ends most of my interest in football anymore

I think it's been a pretty good world cup, some really good games, a few shocks and hopefully a good final. I hope we never have another winter one though
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024