Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FIFA World Cup thread. 12:02 - Nov 15 with 124364 viewsSnipper

I’m trying to get excited about this World Cup, but to no avail :-((.

I’ve just watched Sky Sports World Cup preview with Gary Neville, Jamie Redknapp, Jamie Carragher & Karen Carney. Utterly depressing viewing. Same old, same old. Picking players for the starting XI not playing for their clubs, or totally off form.

I’m hoping this thread can get the juices flowing.

Do any of you think England have a chance?
FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:44 - Dec 10 with 2364 viewsOldPedro

FIFA World Cup thread. on 13:50 - Dec 10 by PinnerPaul

Sooooooooooooo hoe does he regain control, more cards or less?

I agree that the players have to be better but the ref had no control -and no respect from the players. Should have booked Messi for deliberate hand ball and should have sent the Argentina player off for the wild foul - even if he thinks this is only a yellow, the kicking the ball at the bench should have been a 2nd yellow.

As I said, he reminded me of Keith Stroud and how many of his games end up in multiple bookings and a free for all

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:57 - Dec 10 with 2291 viewsR_from_afar

Amazing, well done Morocco
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 15:34]

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:58 - Dec 10 with 2272 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ah I get it now, they’re saving Chair for the final.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:58 - Dec 10 with 2259 viewspaulparker

Ronaldo now faking tears , what a Michael Hunt he is

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:01 - Dec 10 with 2228 viewsMichael_Hunt

FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:58 - Dec 10 by paulparker

D’you mind! 🤬
FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:01 - Dec 10 with 2228 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Well done Morocco. However, is it me or do the European teams seem to have forgotten that you win games by scoring goals?
Apart from Kane no others seem to have an old fashioned striker to be a focal point to create chances. They seem obsessed with bloody possession.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:02 - Dec 10 with 2214 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Bloody bleeding blimey!!!

Alhamdillah Morocco, absolutely brilliant stuff.

Can't help thinking it really is now or never for England!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:02 - Dec 10 with 2210 viewsPinnerPaul

FIFA World Cup thread. on 15:02 - Dec 10 by CLAREMAN1995

Are you saying he booked Parades for slamming the ball into the bench then PinnerPaul but let his tackle on Ake go with just a free kick .
Enough said then because if that was not a clear yellow I just give up.Followed by a pretty dangerous act of dissent.If that ball had hit someone in the face it was going to snap a neck.
I know you are a ref and very respected poster but you must know he should have been sent off there .
Argentina were the darlings because of the dream senario of Messi winning his WC and retiring to Miami but they ruined that by their horrible gamesmanship IMO

Yes could easily have been 2 yellows or a straight red for kicking the ball, but my point was, as the Dutch bench raced onto the pitch about 1 second after he kicked the ball, whatever the ref did would have resulted in that melee.

It was the player who committed the foul, the players that rushed onto the pitch, won't argue that the ref could, maybe should have dismissed the Argentine player but wasn't him that 'lost control' there and to ignore the Dutch 'gamesmanship' is a little one eyed there I feel.

It was their subs bench that went on the pitch, not once but twice!
Login to get fewer ads

FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:04 - Dec 10 with 2184 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:04 - Dec 10 with 2188 viewsdmm

I bloody love this Moroccan team

FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:07 - Dec 10 with 2126 viewshubble

Sex and drugs and Moroccan Roll!!!!!

Amazing. How intense was that? But what a result. Phew. Wide open now. Whoever wins tonight must be favourites.

[Post edited 10 Dec 2022 17:07]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:08 - Dec 10 with 2129 viewsMick_S

FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:07 - Dec 10 by hubble

Sex and drugs and Moroccan Roll!!!!!

Amazing. How intense was that? But what a result. Phew. Wide open now. Whoever wins tonight must be favourites.

[Post edited 10 Dec 2022 17:07]

Yep. All day.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:15 - Dec 10 with 2089 viewsDrewster

FIFA World Cup thread. on 16:58 - Dec 10 by paulparker

And magnanimous in defeat by stomping off down the tunnel and not shaking any opponents hand.
What a kn@b
FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:18 - Dec 10 with 2079 viewsJuzzie

Ronaldo goes straight down the tunnel (something he likes to do it seems, all about him you see) whilst his team mates stay on the pitch and respect the winners.

Hopefully the the last we’ll see of him at International level and he’ll probably end up playing club football in Saudi Arabia so we’ll see even less of him then.

Great win by Morocco, could even have had a 2nd at the end. By no means parked the bus at the end but defended really well to hold on for a historical victory.

Ben will be a happy grandad tonight.

[Post edited 10 Dec 2022 17:22]
FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:20 - Dec 10 with 2041 viewsjohnhoop

At least we caught a few glimpses of our boy during the celebrations.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:25 - Dec 10 with 2010 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:20 - Dec 10 by johnhoop

At least we caught a few glimpses of our boy during the celebrations.

Was he collecting the bibs 😆
FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:35 - Dec 10 with 1974 viewsstowmarketrange

FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:25 - Dec 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Was he collecting the bibs 😆

I think he threw his shirt into the crowd as he probably won’t be needing it.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:39 - Dec 10 with 1964 viewsterryb

FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:18 - Dec 10 by Juzzie

Ronaldo goes straight down the tunnel (something he likes to do it seems, all about him you see) whilst his team mates stay on the pitch and respect the winners.

Hopefully the the last we’ll see of him at International level and he’ll probably end up playing club football in Saudi Arabia so we’ll see even less of him then.

Great win by Morocco, could even have had a 2nd at the end. By no means parked the bus at the end but defended really well to hold on for a historical victory.

Ben will be a happy grandad tonight.

[Post edited 10 Dec 2022 17:22]

I can't imagine any of the top European clubs being interested in him. It's not just the salary, but it is so easy to see the detrimental affect he has on his colleagues.

Dropped bu Juve, Manure & Portugal partly due to his attitude. He certainly would have lost a fair bit of any good reputationhe had left. I don't like Fernandes, but he reacted as he should have when the game ended, gutted but with his team mates & congratulating the victors. What a difference!
FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:49 - Dec 10 with 1932 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:39 - Dec 10 by terryb

I can't imagine any of the top European clubs being interested in him. It's not just the salary, but it is so easy to see the detrimental affect he has on his colleagues.

Dropped bu Juve, Manure & Portugal partly due to his attitude. He certainly would have lost a fair bit of any good reputationhe had left. I don't like Fernandes, but he reacted as he should have when the game ended, gutted but with his team mates & congratulating the victors. What a difference!

I hope he joins Marítimo on his home island and sees out his day there quietly with his family. Can’t see it mind.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 18:04 - Dec 10 with 1903 viewsCLAREMAN1995

FIFA World Cup thread. on 17:35 - Dec 10 by stowmarketrange

I think he threw his shirt into the crowd as he probably won’t be needing it.

I am struggling to imagine what he feels like watching that magic carpet ride , being available and not seeing the field.
It looks like their whole team are big powerful athlethes and Chair is a bit on the small side but surely he brings something to the table.
He is in for a shock when he walks out at Loftus Road when he comes back after being in those stadiums rocking with pride and passion.
We are going to be in for a shock watching QPR on tv tomorrow after those past 3 weeks of watching the WC standard and all that goes with it.
It will look like pub soccer haha
FIFA World Cup thread. on 09:59 - Dec 11 with 1639 viewsPinnerPaul

FIFA World Cup thread. on 18:04 - Dec 10 by CLAREMAN1995

I am struggling to imagine what he feels like watching that magic carpet ride , being available and not seeing the field.
It looks like their whole team are big powerful athlethes and Chair is a bit on the small side but surely he brings something to the table.
He is in for a shock when he walks out at Loftus Road when he comes back after being in those stadiums rocking with pride and passion.
We are going to be in for a shock watching QPR on tv tomorrow after those past 3 weeks of watching the WC standard and all that goes with it.
It will look like pub soccer haha

I know what you mean, I've thought more than a few times watching this WC, "You don't see that at Loftus Road very often"
FIFA World Cup thread. on 14:50 - Dec 12 with 1464 viewsdmm

It's now £4.4k and counting from FIFA for Chair and Dieng being at the WC according to this: https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/morocco-world-cup-2022-qpr-ilias-chair
FIFA World Cup thread. on 18:33 - Dec 12 with 1372 viewshubble

FIFA World Cup thread. on 14:50 - Dec 12 by dmm

It's now £4.4k and counting from FIFA for Chair and Dieng being at the WC according to this: https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/morocco-world-cup-2022-qpr-ilias-chair

I think you mean £440K, Dave!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

FIFA World Cup thread. on 18:40 - Dec 12 with 1365 viewsdmm

FIFA World Cup thread. on 18:33 - Dec 12 by hubble

I think you mean £440K, Dave!

I was never good at Mathmaritics, Hud.
FIFA World Cup thread. on 19:11 - Dec 13 with 1071 viewsToast_R

If this goes to Pens ARG v CRO, what gives?

I hope the ITV studio has plenty of Kleenex in for when Messi touches the ball.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024